Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thank you lord for all your blessings.

Daztek posted:

Both have 21% VAT

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aww man I totally regret getting a refund now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Daztek posted:

Both have 21% VAT

Reposting for the new page as the Tax. Because this deserves it.

Going to reserve me a space estate.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Daztek posted:

Both have 21% VAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

only my refund is moral

Lost faith in the project and want to get your money out before it collapses? gently caress you

Need to get the money out to pay rent? Well ok, fine. If you have to and really can't pawn off something you love, I guess. But you don't have to go loving TALK about it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wuxi posted:

There has to be a .gif that properly conveys the backpaddling currently going on over at CIG

this but sped up 100x and with little wisps of smoke coming off the chain.

e: nevermind, they just went ahead and loving did it :piss:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 28, 2017

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

1.35m - first time I notice that SC uses metric.
Is it for their European customer base? Wasn't Cryengine from Germany, so they have to match up the pixels with the millimeter scale they use to represent meters?

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
In Stock

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MoMA how much land are you buying?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hahahahahahaha

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
So Star Citizen is no longer a space game I guess.

Why is Dave even in the room, I skipped around and he never says anything. Chris really needed that moral support!?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
Planetary Development Bureau... lol

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
:gizz:

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Virtual Captain posted:

So Star Citizen is no longer a space game I guess.

Why is Dave even in the room, I skipped around and he never says anything. Chris really needed that moral support!?

Maybe he has a profanity buzzer or something

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Now once Derek admits he was wrong this day will be complete.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beexoffel posted:

1.35m - first time I notice that SC uses metric.
Is it for their European customer base? Wasn't Cryengine from Germany, so they have to match up the pixels with the millimeter scale they use to represent meters?

Space is metric just ask NASA.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I love how it's $60.50

Because, no really, this was the result of a complex equation to consider all the variables and margins that end up being fair to the consumer.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
You've got to listen to Erin grill Chris over the process of staking a claim :laffo:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I apologize in advance, I don't normally do these reddit dumps but.

Eat the drat banana Mothman.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I thought the land sales were all just photoshops or some sort of parody effort (which woulda been good and cool if it was).

It's loving real? CIG are actually selling land plots? In a space game? For real money?

Oh my loving god, that's just a whole new level of scummy poo poo. :eyepop:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Quavers posted:

Derek and his multicultural racist alts! :argh:

I like that these guys are obsessed with Derek Smart but still somehow think he could be a shadow puppet master over a legion of alt accounts that somehow use subtlety to steer discussions.

If Derek somehow portrayed his own racist critics then anyone who has ever read anything he has ever written would be able to immediately tell just from seeing how many paragraphs it was out of their periphery.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Just passed $168 mil

Scam Citizen

Get a refund

Derek Smart was right

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

FrozenLederhosen posted:

I love how it's $60.50

Because, no really, this was the result of a complex equation to consider all the variables and margins that end up being fair to the consumer.

There were some complex equations but they were for the pricepoints to milk the most cash from backers. Always have a more expensive option so that the abusurdly priced "cheaper" option seems like a good deal.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FrozenLederhosen posted:

I love how it's $60.50

They're $50 / $100

Mine just have 21% VAT added because I am a filthy euro

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Clifford the anime girl is going to buy a solar system.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What an absolute fiasco. Hopefully the warlord chimes in and makes sense of this.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! I AM DEAD!!!

What a day.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:allears:

gently caress, I have few words, most of them just sound like me laughing.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Hello i would like to buy your least glitchy plot of land. I know there are no mineral mechanics implemented yet. I just want a flat plane of land where I won't die.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Here's a FAQ with lots of words explaining why this is not a bad idea at all

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16292-Q-A-Land-Claim-License/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7g7na5/no_store_credit_for_land_claims_cash_only/

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Daztek posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16292-Q-A-Land-Claim-License/

This FAQ is pure dreams by the way. A good read if you want to suddenly see a whole shitload of gameplay features that do not and will not exist.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

dead.

Star Citizen loving owns

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey fuckers these massive additions to the game don't allow you to add deeper features to your game. The engineering debt you take on is not with the pocket change you get from the feature.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this thread is now proven, hands down, the best place for star citizen related information months or years in advance

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

Pure lunacy.

What a disaster.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

They're broke. I'm convinced now. This is pure desperation.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So many shills pointing out there's no advantage and completely sidestepping the fact that all the best plots are gonna be gone day one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hey fuckers these massive additions to the game don't allow you to add deeper features to your game. The engineering debt you take on is not with the pocket change you get from the feature.
nah, they can sell you the land (land coming at a future date) because there's nothing to put there

then when the implement the land in 2023, you can finally start building your virtual city you also paid $22,000 for over the years

Shroud of the Avatar is selling $20 outhouses and $50 xmas trees, how much do you think crobbo gonna charge for access to a mop emporium and delivery service center