Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol the hat is a lightbulb
Her goddamn shoulders are lightbulbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you think the hatbulb lights up when she has a clever idea

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

I hope she can spark new techs.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

IcePhoenix posted:

Same but in reverse :)

Hot take: Both games are really loving good.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ice Fist posted:

Hot take: Both games are really loving good.

Get the gently caress out of here with your level headed takes!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I hope she can spark new techs.

XC2 actually a stealth SaGa game, confirmed.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dr Cheeto posted:

If it doesn't then I'm returning the game

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Auron posted:

Yeah these over the top borderline hentai blades have turned me off from this completely. Have fun guys.

What I don't understand is how Nintendo OK'd some of these designs. Surely they know kids are gonna play, how is giant free-floating titty lady anyway ok? It's a bit absurd

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

bef posted:

What I don't understand is how Nintendo OK'd some of these designs. Surely they know kids are gonna play, how is giant free-floating titty lady anyway ok? It's a bit absurd

Nintendo wants to lock in the Vita market.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bef posted:

Apparently the reason is they outsourced the character design and simply included a document packet with requirements and a ton of the illustrators preferred making them sexy anime girls instead of male characters.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

bef posted:

Nintendo not only funded Bayonetta 2, but also explicitly asked for the bonus Nintendo costumes to be sexier.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

bef posted:

If titty blades were front-and-center then maybe, but it's like Persona where there are a ton of designs (some risque, most not) and you're swapping between them often. All the main characters and blades look perfectly fine - excepting Rex's insanely bad pants situation

I can understand not liking anime boobs, but pearl clutching about kids in a Xeno game? Again, like Persona, there are more than a few things in a Xeno game that aren't kid appropriate beyond just some boobs. That's why it's rated T

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xenoblade Chronicles has 2 out of 7 party members who have no clothing options that cover their boobs. Xenoblade Chronicles X has boob armor available and has a villain who is entirely defined by long camera shots on her rear end in a thong.

Yeah it's embarrassing.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Anime was a mistake

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bef posted:

What I don't understand is how Nintendo OK'd some of these designs.

It's not 1985

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

Nintendo wants to lock in the Vita market.

You joke, but they pretty much have already. Once the Vita finally dies in Japan (let alone being already dead and buried everywhere else), the Switch is the best option to develop for for all the little studios that can't afford the obscene budget for 1080p/4K graphics.

Dr Cheeto posted:

God, I hope so :allears:.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You joke, but they pretty much have already. Once the Vita finally dies in Japan (let alone being already dead and buried everywhere else), the Switch is the best option to develop for for all the little studios that can't afford the obscene budget for 1080p/4K graphics.

God, I hope so :allears:.

I hope this means Atlus releases Persona 4 again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean the pervert wars were decided once that anime titty game that dark titsanime guy loves came out on the Switch

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I assure you that was not meant to be a joke.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

nintendo handhelds have had tons of niche stuff since at least the DS and were home to the videogame a guy married so nothing new under the sun.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Calaveron posted:

I mean the pervert wars were decided once that anime titty game that dark titsanime guy loves came out on the Switch

Are you talking about Senran Kagura: Shinobi Refle or Gal*Gun 2

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are you talking about Senran Kagura: Shinobi Refle or Gal*Gun 2

Does it make any difference

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dark titsanime is a senkags purist who doesn't accept the unserious non-3DS games

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nothing in XB2 is worse than the kind of stuff you might encounter in your average Street Fighter or other Capcom fighting game.

That's not necessary a defense, it's just pointing out that the games' industry's standards about this sort of thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just wanted to post in here to say the thread title is extremely good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Anime was a mistake

its actually insanely good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s an anime game about swords with boobs. Draw your own conclusions.

eonwe posted:

so...good?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I SAID DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wouldn't the anime game be the possessor of the boobs in that sentence structure

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

petition to change xenoblade series name to "Pervert Wars"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

Dark titsanime is a senkags purist who doesn't accept the unserious non-3DS games

Yeah, he doesn't like the canonical games.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I hope this anime game is good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Reviews should be out soon, no?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tender Bender posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles has 2 out of 7 party members who have no clothing options that cover their boobs. Xenoblade Chronicles X has boob armor available and has a villain who is entirely defined by long camera shots on her rear end in a thong.

Yeah it's embarrassing.

lmao I forgot that character was even in the game. I can't even remember her name. She doesn't do anything interesting before dying.

All the villains in that game sucked so much.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Reviews should be out soon, no?

Looks like the embargo lifts Thursday.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao I forgot that character was even in the game. I can't even remember her name. She doesn't do anything interesting before dying.

I didn't even realize she died until much later in the game when another villain mentions it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Internet Kraken posted:

The main story villains sucked, but, like most things XCX, the sidequest villains owned. Red Lobster, Alex, Pizza Murderer, the Dephinians...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Coke-bottle glasses and tiny top hat are a strong combination

Her lightbulb shoulders are weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He says while ignoring her lightbulb buttplug

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i love her design the more these details are pointed out to me

do any of the videos in the op explain combat mechanics without including spoilers or similar?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ciaphas posted:

i love her design the more these details are pointed out to me

do any of the videos in the op explain combat mechanics without including spoilers or similar?

The 11/7 Direct explains some of it at a basic level. About 11 minutes in if you want to skip other menus and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Caphi posted:

Post Blades you like.