Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

So what are the chances that they're really selling Jax's "I don't want to be Firestorm anymore, but I still want powers" angle over the course of the crossover as setup for turning him into Cyborg? When his role was initially announced, everyone thought he was going to be Cyborg because he basically had the same backstory as him, AND he's an expert futuretech mechanic now thanks to his years on the Waverider. So maybe they're finally letting him be the character they wanted him to be from the start now that the WB's easing the stick out of its rear end w/r/t movie-only character embargoes now that the DCEU is full-on imploding.

That actually makes a fair amount of sense. Could have the whole unbecoming Firestorm thing end with him fused to some futuretech and bam, Cyborg'd. I can't imagine it'll be a very complex costume if they do it though. Half the reason they don't do Firestorm seems to be the SFX cost so it's not like we'd be getting a robot'd up dude running around on the regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zebulon posted:

That actually makes a fair amount of sense. Could have the whole unbecoming Firestorm thing end with him fused to some futuretech and bam, Cyborg'd. I can't imagine it'll be a very complex costume if they do it though. Half the reason they don't do Firestorm seems to be the SFX cost so it's not like we'd be getting a robot'd up dude running around on the regular.

Yeah the cost for what you'd typically think of Cyborg looking like would probably be fairly prohibitive. Maybe he gets Cyborg'd and looks the same and then when he's out in the field he puts on a half-helmet or something? Really tho the Cyborg route does make a ton of sense for his character and I'd like to see it happen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Or maybe they'd do something like the HR Wells hologram face thing where the cybernetic parts are hidden away behind a "hologram" so you don't have Franz Drameh in an expensive costume/prosthetics/CGI all the time and only whip out the Cyborg stuff on special occasions ala Firestorm and Steel.

Plus having Jax as Cyborg solves the "problem of Firestorm" that's been looming over the show with how he's a giant I WIN button that everyone just keeps forgetting about hitting for plot contrivance purposes. Jax still has powers and is still one of the strongest members of the Legends, but they're more practical and grounded compared to Firestorm's.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 28, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

Or maybe they'd do something like the HR Wells hologram face thing where the cybernetic parts are hidden away behind a "hologram" so you don't have Franz Drameh in an expensive costume/prosthetics/CGI all the time and only whip out the Cyborg stuff on special occasions ala Firestorm and Steel.

Plus having Jax as Cyborg solves the "problem of Firestorm" that's been looming over the show with how he's a giant I WIN button that everyone just keeps forgetting about hitting for plot contrivance purposes. Jax still has powers and is still one of the strongest members of the Legends, but they're more practical and grounded compared to Firestorm's.

It'd also be powers that match his area of expertise on the team, without having to ignore the fact he can just plain transmutate anything into anything else, hurl nuclear fireballs, etc. Could even leave the matrix stable in Stein as an incase-of-emergency-break-glass backdoor into bringing back Firestorm as someone else if you really want/need to. They could just go the way they did with Coulson's hand on Agents of SHIELD and have him look completely normal until he busts out some special ability, then go right back to normal. You'd kind of want him to pass as normal in their line of work anyways.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

nine-gear crow posted:

Plus, Cyborg's got a poo poo ton of fancy powers but in most cases they can cut costs and it can just be "punches stuff hard". That doesn't really require anything other than some stagecraft as the stuntmen jump backwards when they get hit, maybe you buy some break-away doors for him to crumple, that kind of thing. He can have a off-the-shelf smartwatch that presses some buttons on, says he hears some ultra-sonic frequencies. Then like you say, bust out some extra cool powers for special set pieces. I don't know for sure whether the prosthetic would be cheaper than the CG, but the powers would be. It's a neat idea.

Though, if we keep traveling to 2046, I do gotta say it would be nice to see some grizzled Static Shock.

Or just go nuts, don't even worry keeping him on-race and make him be another Dr Light or Etrigan or something.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

And Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl on Smallville) showed up at the end of the first season as Indigo aka Female Braniac.

Me, I've been holding out hope for a while now that they get Michael Rosenbaum back in to play Lex Luthor on Supergirl. Especially because he's the right age now to play a proper Superman-era Lex.

EDIT: It's too bad Justin Hartley's tied up with This Is Us, because I'd love to see him show up on Arrow as somebody, like a one-off villain or something. Oliver Queen vs. Oliver Queen. :getin:

One idea I remember from years ago was to have Oliver's island adventures (the version the public believes, at least) adapted into a cheesy film starring Justin Hartley.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He could become Cyborg this season, and then next season have him replace all his cyborg parts with different cyborg parts and he becomes Hardware! Then he gets his body regrown with electric eel DNA mixed in so he's Black Lightning, then in season six he gets injured so he decides to use his lightning powers to power a robotic life-support suit, and he becomes Steel! The season after that Jax will meet Batman and be inspired to become Batwing! Then he's chosen to be a Green Lantern and it's revealed that his birth name was John-Simon BazStewart.

Just make him all the black superheroes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Most important piece of evidence that Cyborg is imminent: Jax loves pie.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Considering how bad the Cyborg Superman make up was maybe stay away from Jax as Cyborg.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They had a cyborg on the first season of Agents of SHIELD and it was just a guy in hockey pads.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He'll just be the Waveriders mechanic that only shows up to fix broken things once in a while, just like he does now. Writing is hard and poo poo.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm forcing my boyfriend to sit through season 2 since I love this goddamn campy show and it still cracks me up how many hoops the writers seem to jump through to keep Jax and Stein from merging into Firestorm and just steamrolling a fight. Plus, I'd forgotten just how bad the CGI for Steel looks.

Is S3 still just as glorious? And they still put the entire season up on Netflix after it finishes airing, right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

LadyPictureShow posted:

Is S3 still just as glorious?

Yes,

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
So Sara is going to end up performing the ceremony for Barry and Iris, right?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No Stein don't die

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

No Stein don't die

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

As long as they can get him back to Gideon he'll be fine.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It looks like fusing stabilizes them anyway, so that's good!

Last hour let's go!!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Maxwell Lord posted:

No Stein don't die

He’s going to Broadway it’s going to happen!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Mitts off, Mengele!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ray :neckbeard:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's the most impressive thing Ray has done in like, two years

e: Metallo got loving chumped lmao

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 29, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Why would Gideon need Caitlin's help?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Stein :smith:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

why is Legends giving me feels?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ah man, they really sold this well :smith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Not like dis.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God drat

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat you, Nazis :argh:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Man 30 minutes ago I was just thinking that the Jax/Stein stuff had really been good and compelling, totally missing that they were telegraphing his death.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm still super sad about Stein :cry:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Also, I hope Barry vibro hands Nazi Oliver.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh My God. Curtis and Ray did the Ant-Man Hawkeye move :neckbeard:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"General, would you care to step outside?"

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Maxwell Lord posted:

"General, would you care to step outside?"

As a comics nerd who doesn't watch these shows, I heard that line while my girlfriend was watching this and had to come in here to celebrate it.

:swoon:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the two olivers have just been countering eachothers punches on top of a van for this entire fight scene

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Barry you idiot

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oliver puts an arrow through himself and didn't hesitate! that's the season 1 Oliver we all love :neckbeard:

also, Harry and Nate getting the great lines there

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nate you Are Not the Man of Steel. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tbf, the last two times he captured or killed Thawne it created a back hole or almost wiped Cisco out of existence.

Because the writers want Barry to suffer you see.