Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Not on the network

When one of you guys' dads steals enough copper wire and you can afford Highspots, try this thread again for the REAL good garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

C. Everett Koop posted:

cancel your subscription then

not my sub, because i refuse to pay for the network when i have friends who will let me use theirs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mob posted:

When one of you guys' dads steals enough copper wire and you can afford Highspots, try this thread again for the REAL good garbage

do they have a network type deal or is it just buying bad indie shows

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Same price as the WWE network and it has a ton of poo poo on it

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Takuan posted:

It's not on the network, but it is on youtube, so if you don't watch it, you're just making excuses-

The Heroes of Wrestling PPV

"...because tonight, someone's gonna get their rear end whupped tonight, in here"

A hair under six minutes in and I already want to watch the rest :allears: . Thank you!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SatansOnion posted:

"...because tonight, someone's gonna get their rear end whupped tonight, in here"

A hair under six minutes in and I already want to watch the rest :allears: . Thank you!

Jakes promo is amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jake's match go so poorly they sent out a morbidly obese Yokuzuna to save the show?

I remember it being a glorious clusterfuck and totally not what was advertised.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jake's match go so poorly they sent out a morbidly obese Yokuzuna to save the show?

I remember it being a glorious clusterfuck and totally not what was advertised.

They sent out Yokozuna and King Kong Bundy to turn it into a tag match to try to salvage it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Takuan posted:

They sent out Yokozuna and King Kong Bundy to turn it into a tag match to try to salvage it.

It was a double main event and they just combined the main events when it became clear that Jake was in no shape to perform.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Jake's match didn't go very well (to say the goddamn least), but apparently Yokozuna and King Kong Bundy were supposed to be part of it regardless. At least that's the story according to Kim Justice's extremely in-depth Heroes of Wrestling retrospective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yBOisPxoBk

Yoko/Bundy were originally going to be headlining the PPV, but someone decided that such an illustrious main event should be saved for a later show. Yoko and Bundy would get involved in Jake vs. Jim Neidhart, which would then become a tag match. Jake's problems mostly just meant Yoko and Bundy would show up earlier than planned.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They have like 2000 hours of shows and the best one is $10 Wrestling Presents: Backfat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
WrestleMania XI, where you have Bam Bam Bigelow jobbing to Lawrence Taylor and a completely disinterested Pamela Anderson, among other things.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Eli Wiggum posted:

WrestleMania XI, where you have Bam Bam Bigelow jobbing to Lawrence Taylor and a completely disinterested Pamela Anderson, among other things.

Hell, i'm sure any 95 Pay Per View would fit the requirements.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Is there a consensus worst RAW ever?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Fat Lowtax posted:

September 8 2001 with Buff vs Booker T for the WCW championship gets a pretty high rank on that, although that may just have been Death of WCW complaining about how bad the Invasion was.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Renaissance Spam posted:

September 8 2001 with Buff vs Booker T for the WCW championship gets a pretty high rank on that, although that may just have been Death of WCW complaining about how bad the Invasion was.

I can't imagine much being worse than some of the Guest Host era

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

I can't imagine much being worse than some of the Guest Host era

I don't remember any details beyond a lingering sense of despair, but I'm pretty sure the ZZ Top episode of Raw was utterly abysmal.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The ending of the Raw the night after the '09 Rumble may be the worst thing I've ever seen on the show, and sent a show that had been awesome the 90 minutes prior right down the toilet.

I really wasn't watching at all during the guest host stuff, but Bryan Alvarez absolutely lost his loving mind at the Raw hosted by Jeremy Piven.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNzjlaghJS4

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Renaissance Spam posted:

September 8 2001 with Buff vs Booker T for the WCW championship

Man, what a lousy week. A cowardly attack committed against the American people, then 9/11 3 days later.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

There's always the one where they hired impersonators for Stan Kroenke and Jack Nicholson, then main evented with the tag match that got Mr. Kennedy fired.

I can't think of a better example of WWE catering to an audience of one than that episode.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The ZZ Top Raw was indescribably awful

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nitro for 3/3/97 deserves a watch. It has an incredibly bad and endless segment where Roddy Piper decides to put a team together to fight the nWo... from scratch. As in John Tenta and a bunch of random dudes in jeans show up to brawl with him one at a time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Guest Host RAW era was bad but was almost redeemed by the Bob Barker RAW.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The best RAW was when Trump kayfabe-bought WWE, resulting (IIRC) in its stock price going haywire

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gavok posted:

Nitro for 3/3/97 deserves a watch. It has an incredibly bad and endless segment where Roddy Piper decides to put a team together to fight the nWo... from scratch. As in John Tenta and a bunch of random dudes in jeans show up to brawl with him one at a time.

this is the worst segment to ever happen on televised wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

this is the worst segment to ever happen on televised wrestling

Sorry it's nWo Nightcap in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Who were the best guest hosys during the guest host era?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
muppets

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

muppets

Muppets, Bob Barker, and Seth Green.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:hfive:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
There is (was?) a podcast called Keeping it 2000 where they reviewed 2000 era Nitros. It's so funny that they thought what fans wanted was talking about scripts, women being humiliated and hot potato title changes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I still love Seth Green facing off against Orton and the visual looking just like Little Mac going up against Bald Bull

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sotar posted:

Who were the best guest hosys during the guest host era?

I have a special place in my heart for the Kevin Federline one, and wasn't the Buzz Aldrin one really funny too?

Hugh Jackman was pretty fantastic IIRC.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

flashy_mcflash posted:

I have a special place in my heart for the Kevin Federline one, and wasn't the Buzz Aldrin one really funny too?

Hugh Jackman was pretty fantastic IIRC.

The Jackman one was worth it for him legitimately punching Ziggler and Dolph’s subsequent “Batman broke my jaw” Tweet

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The best part about Hugh Jackman's involvement is that he's a legit fan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Kevin Federline one owned because he got a win over John Cena during the Cena's popup superman era.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

the Kevin Federline one owned because he got a win over John Cena during the Cena's popup superman era.

thanks to umaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Wrestlemania 2 may still be the worst Mania I've watched, though XI is close. It's bloated, riddled with tech mishaps (you can barely hear what the official outcome of the first match is), has a worked boxing match that may qualify as the worst anything ever, Susan St. James on commentary, and buried in all the garbage one legit really good tag match. It's a sign of how huge Hulkamania was that this and the Wrestling Classic didn't kill the WWF.

• Locked thread