Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Fart City posted:

Okay, the Ronnie Cox /ED-209 bit in the new ep is some top-tier, classic WHM.

As a giant Robocop fan, I laughed pretty hard at that point. The world needs more ED-209.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

AlliedBiscuit posted:

As a giant Robocop fan, I laughed pretty hard at that point. The world needs more ED-209.

But, think of the ammunition costs alone!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

well why not posted:

This Murder at 1600 episode is gold, ED-209 being chased away to the hills was genius. Snipesgiving is a wonderful time of year.

I will never not enjoy their weird trilly Lithgow voices going "GO AWAY <x>, WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYMOOOORRE"

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Hockles posted:

But, think of the ammunition costs alone!

I kept picturing the Old Yellering would involve the giant gun Robocop used to blow him up in the movie.

That or a flight of stairs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A side-by-side 12g shotgun proportional to ED-209.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

well why not posted:

Eric makes more sense if you remember Andrew described him as a GoT wilding.

In the first season of The Last Kingdom, there was an actor that played one of the viking chieftains that could possibly be Eric's father.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

fatherboxx posted:

did that movie really try to sell Wesley Snipes character as a dedicated miniature collector/painter

The only thing I remembered about the film before the ep jogged my memory was that Snipes has a room dedicated to one interconnected model recreation of DC. Thats how his character knows so much about the Whitehouse and the secret sex tunnels.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Matthew Perry, who is gently caress You Rich, spent hundreds of hours playing Fallout 3

I can buy Snipes as a model enthusiast.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
*extremely Martin Cinemax the Third voice*

"AND I WANT JASON TITFUCKING THOSE ARGONAUTS"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

oh my god

(from the WHM Facebook)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That bit was loving amazing.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I loved the "skydiver radio" bit. I nearly lost it at the "cowabunga. And goodnight." Or whatever it was.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
The George Lucas impressions always kill me. I like nice Amy Adams as well.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I love their Busey and their Holly Hunter which just becomes Busey as well after about 5 minutes.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Kinda glad they're out of Snipes month tbh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I loved the "skydiver radio" bit. I nearly lost it at the "cowabunga. And goodnight." Or whatever it was.

Skydiver News Network is the hardest I've laughed at a WHM bit in months which says a mouthful.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Skydiving at half mast got me going.

Everyone had their moments on this episode, the gang was hilarious all around.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

DoubleCakes posted:

Skydiving at half mast got me going.

Everyone had their moments on this episode, the gang was hilarious all around.

Agreed. Andrew’s laugh after that bit really brought it home.

‘Gator jumping was also just great.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Skydiver News Network is the hardest I've laughed at a WHM bit in months which says a mouthful.

Yeah, they nailed it last week with ED-209, but SNN was one of those beautiful, fully-formed bits that comes up on the show from time to time, like the Trickster. I want them to keep doing that anchor character, just at different genre-specific networks, depending on what movie they're doing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Someone request Point Break 2015 for the return of SNN and Ray Winstone.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Welcome to 'Skydiving After Midnight'."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Drop Zone is a contestant for top tier whm episodes, drat fine stuff. SNN alone was genius.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I've been listening to some old episodes and actually watching movies they recommend. God drat is Teen Witch a gem of 1980's cheese. I loving loved it.

Teen Witch Rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBE53CIT8E

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Is there a list of all the movies the guys have said "Stay tuned" for?

I found one on Reddit, but it quickly devolved into people sharing what movies they wanted the guys to do an episode on and that's not the same thing.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The WHM subreddit has the list as a sidebar: List

But it's a little out of date.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I've been out of the WHM game for over a year. What have been some good recent episodes to listen to to remind me how funny this show is?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've been out of the WHM game for over a year. What have been some good recent episodes to listen to to remind me how funny this show is?

Off the top of my head the 300 episode was great.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hiro Protagonist posted:

All of the On-Screens are great, and of course the recently-concluded Snipesgiving. I also really enjoyed Air Force One, Overboard, and Encino Man, because the show is always better for me when it's covering one of the video store mainstays of my childhood. And if you haven't heard their Bee Movie episode you should fix that ASAP. Also buried somewhere in the past year's eps (maybe a mailbag episode?) is the story of how the trickster god that follows Steve around caused one of history's funnier holiday disasters.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

All of the On-Screens are great, and of course the recently-concluded Snipesgiving. I also really enjoyed Air Force One, Overboard, and Encino Man, because the show is always better for me when it's covering one of the video store mainstays of my childhood. And if you haven't heard their Bee Movie episode you should fix that ASAP. Also buried somewhere in the past year's eps (maybe a mailbag episode?) is the story of how the trickster god that follows Steve around caused one of history's funnier holiday disasters.

I believe it was July' 2017's mailbag...

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Drop Zone is on Starz on demand and my girlfriend has never seen it so that's what we are doing this evening.

The only thing I really remember is Gary Buseys weird death glide and Wesley Snipes punching that lady in the face.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ultraviolet for the Cum Heist

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Spiderman 3 was aces, love me some fire-spittin' Cabin.

Oh and SAMURAI COP.

grimstad
Apr 26, 2005
I suggested a stupid title so my brother put in a better one
Anytime they invent character personas, the episodes soar. So go for Air Force One with Harrison Ford as President Punch.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hiro Protagonist posted:

They hit it so good with Collateral Beauty.

SilentChaz posted:

Is there a list of all the movies the guys have said "Stay tuned" for?

I found one on Reddit, but it quickly devolved into people sharing what movies they wanted the guys to do an episode on and that's not the same thing.

In their latest episode they Stay Tuned that 15 Minutes film.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

grimstad posted:

Anytime they invent character personas, the episodes soar. So go for Air Force One with Harrison Ford as President Punch.

"President Cheesesteak" from the Pixels episode

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It's Jumanji for penises.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Awwww... someone besides me remembered Hung :unsmith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that they brought up the Punisher run where he was killing demons. It had so many dumb things like Frank being able to pull infinite magic guns from his trenchcoat, and the reason his family died was because his guardian angel was at a bar getting drunk.

I think that was the run just before Ennis started writing it, because Frank does bring it up briefly in the first issue. The start of that run is what this movie was kind of based on.

I do wish that more stuff from the actual Ennis run was brought up, just to hear Andrew's and Eric's reactions to that batshiterry.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I love that they brought up the Punisher run where he was killing demons. It had so many dumb things like Frank being able to pull infinite magic guns from his trenchcoat, and the reason his family died was because his guardian angel was at a bar getting drunk.

I think that was the run just before Ennis started writing it, because Frank does bring it up briefly in the first issue. The start of that run is what this movie was kind of based on.

I do wish that more stuff from the actual Ennis run was brought up, just to hear Andrew's and Eric's reactions to that batshiterry.

My favorite thing about Ennis' response to the angel Punisher run is that it's handwaved in Welcome Back, Frank with like, a single caption. It's something along the lines of "Died. Worked for God for a bit. Didn't work out." or similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fart City posted:

My favorite thing about Ennis' response to the angel Punisher run is that it's handwaved in Welcome Back, Frank with like, a single caption. It's something along the lines of "Died. Worked for God for a bit. Didn't work out." or similar.

Yeah, it was something like "The angels wanted me to kill for them, I told them to gently caress off, and they showed me my family happy in Heaven where I'll never be able to join them" while he's throwing a tied-up mobster off the Statue of Liberty.