Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Watching footage of the English dub and man, for being a tiny anime catgirl Nia has the most grown rear end woman voice. Same with Tora talking like/being a Nopon and having a normal man voice and Rex being tiny anime child with the voice of an adult Irishman. I actually really love how this juxtaposes with just how anime everything is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does XB2 have a touch mechanic?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Waltzing Along posted:

Does XB2 have a touch mechanic?

You mean like Fire Emblem: Fates? Not that we've seen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dr Cheeto posted:

You mean like Fire Emblem: Fates? Not that we've seen.

No, like that other anime titty game that people are freaking out about.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Waltzing Along posted:

No, like that other anime titty game that people are freaking out about.

Lotta people freaked out about the touching mini game in fates but not for the right reason (they freaked out it was taken out in the western version instead of freaking out about what the gently caress is even this)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you live on the west coast (best coast) then Xenoblade 2 will be available tomorrow night at 9pm.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So why did Amazon have the game for almost $20 cheaper than everyone else? Was it just my prime benefit because I thought they didn't give that on special and collector's editions. I had my order through Best Buy, but cancelled last night and order through Amazon saving $21 total.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

No idea, because I checked without Prime and it's still discounted. Probably someone at Amazon screwing something up I guess.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Is there DLC for this game? Just searched it on Amazon and saw an "Expansion Pass" available for pre-order.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Louisgod posted:

Is there DLC for this game? Just searched it on Amazon and saw an "Expansion Pass" available for pre-order.

Yes: https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amazon still shows as $60 for me, did they change it just now, or were you guys comparing the special edition vs the regular edition?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Amazon still shows as $60 for me, did they change it just now, or were you guys comparing the special edition vs the regular edition?

Special Edition is discounted ~20% for everyone. Regular edition is only discounted for Prime.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Special Edition is discounted ~20% for everyone. Regular edition is only discounted for Prime.

Not showing up for me. Neither the physical or digital code is showing anything other then 59.99

edit: Nevermind, its one of those "must be placed in cart to see discount"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SlayVus posted:

So why did Amazon have the game for almost $20 cheaper than everyone else? Was it just my prime benefit because I thought they didn't give that on special and collector's editions. I had my order through Best Buy, but cancelled last night and order through Amazon saving $21 total.

Any physical edition of a game gets the 20% discount, special or no.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Any physical edition of a game gets the 20% discount, special or no.

This is on the website through my browser, I'm not logged in. It's showing discounted to $82 without prime benefits.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 29, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
14 hours until Xenoblade unlocks on the eShop :woop:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Infinitum posted:

Try 38

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Infinitum posted:

And that means it's 14 hours and 1 minute until people in other regions start weighing whether or not they should buy foreign eshop credit to play the game a little bit early!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation

Not if you live in a cool country :smuggo:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

You meanie! :saddowns:

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Not if you live in a cool country :smuggo:
Which one is that? Australia? I'm trying to work out the times but 14 hours from 3 hours ago still isn't midnight there...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Australia

11hr and 20min until midnight, when it unlocks

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
When would amazon ship my copy of the expensive titty version for me to get it on release day

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

I didn't even realize she died until much later in the game when another villain mentions it.

Lmao I was gonna post this exact thing, her death is no different from the other time you beat her so I thought she just flew off again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

When would amazon ship my copy of the expensive titty version for me to get it on release day

Depends how close you are to a warehouse. Today would be the day to ship out if you're not close to it. In my situation, my orders usually ship out the night before release and it's in my mailbox or at my door 12 hours later.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Depends how close you are to a warehouse. Today would be the day to ship out if you're not close to it. In my situation, my orders usually ship out the night before release and it's in my mailbox or at my door 12 hours later.

Last time I did release day shipping my game shipped on the same day and it arrived the same day and boy was I paranoid slash pissed

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Calaveron posted:

Mine shipped this morning fwiw (Portland)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Some info on the first bit of DLC from the season pass and the game's first patch

"Helpful items for your adventure":
  • 50K Gold (Currency)
  • 3 Cream Orange Paratha (Assuming health item or buff pouch item. Most likely the latter.)
  • 10 Silver Cylinder (Believe these are for deep diving into the clouds for items)
  • 5 Common Core Crystal (Common Blades)
Available at game release with Expansion Pass
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/dlc/index.html

Patch v1.1:
  • Event viewer
  • Expansion pass menu to get deliverables
  • Game balance adjustment
  • Bug fixes
https://support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34939/p/8664

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 30, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do we know enough yet about the stuff in the pass to say whether it'll be worthwhile? I don't really like supporting this kind of marketing but if I'm gonna pay it anyway, might as well get the freebies for my playthrough :shrug:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Do we know enough yet about the stuff in the pass to say whether it'll be worthwhile? I don't really like supporting this kind of marketing but if I'm gonna pay it anyway, might as well get the freebies for my playthrough :shrug:

You mean like an outline of what's in it? Yeah.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/

Content throughout 2018.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You mean like an outline of what's in it? Yeah.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/

Content throughout 2018.

thanks. so we got items, probably some lovely almost-radiant-level side quests, a character they probably actually already have done, a boss rush, and actual expansion content of unknown quantity & quality

I wonder if BotW's upcoming proper expansion content will be a good litmus for this

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 30, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ciaphas posted:

Given a lot of the XCX sidequests were really good, I wouldn't use the original Xenoblade's as a basis.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yasunori Mitsuda is apparently the main music guy for this game, kinda weird that hasn't been played up more. He's the lead of the other composers, it seems. Xenogears is among some of his most beloved work.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$30 for the season pass. Seems a bit pricey.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is probably gonna be like 150 hrs long so might as well hold off on anything that expands upon that already colossal runtime
also wait until the reviews tomorrow morning

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
BAE BLADE

LET IT RIP

seriously whoever made this title is the best

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So Blades are gathered through a Gatcha? Granted, apparently Blade Crystals can be found or bought and we haven't heard anything about microtransactions for this, so I am presuming there won't be anything evil.

Hopefully the game is balanced around the Gatcha, and you won't be hosed if you were unlucky with which blades you got.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Unlucky7 posted:

So Blades are gathered through a Gatcha? Granted, apparently Blade Crystals can be found or bought and we haven't heard anything about microtransactions for this, so I am presuming there won't be anything evil.

Hopefully the game is balanced around the Gatcha, and you won't be hosed if you were unlucky with which blades you got.

What? Do you mean an in-game gacha? Like you said, I've heard ZERO mention of anything approaching microtransactions, so I feel like you must be mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CuddlyZombie posted:

What? Do you mean an in-game gacha? Like you said, I've heard ZERO mention of anything approaching microtransactions, so I feel like you must be mistaken.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/story/

Scroll to the bottom