Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Has Joe Blobber posted a july blog defending the land sale yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Scruffpuff posted:

That depends on what the soul of your game is. A guy who bought Super Mario Bros in the 80s, then paid an extra $5 to skip to the end of world 8-4 would have demolished the point of the game, which is to experience it. A guy spending $10 to skip to the endboss in Wolfenstein does the same. Dropping money to skip through games like Thief, Deus-Ex, etc. defeats the entire purpose of the carefully-constructed game world and experience. It's like paying extra money at the theater to basically not sit through the 2-hour film, but get handed a spoiler sheet that tells you what happened in a few sentences.

In those cases, I agree - being able to pay for anything wrecks the game experience.

However, and this is the reason I generally oppose P2W schemes: if you know you're going to be a P2W or cash-shop heavy game, the artful construction of a good gaming experience is never worked into the game to begin with. The storylines are shallow (if they exist at all), and the sense of achievement and progression is not organically meshed into the experience, because they know their primary source of income might, as you put it, short-circuit that work. So P2W games tend to be shallow, visionless games that represent nothing more than virtual number-increasing e-peen contests.

They actually start out soulless, and stay that way, and it's something I think is slowly strangling the gaming experience. The cash-model is controversial, but I think the controversy is about the wrong things. Most argue about how you pay money to "get ahead". I argue that the cash model takes the art out of the work right from the start.

By your own example, would it not be "against the soul of the game" to force everyone starting of in the SC PU on a rail to say: do it this way and perform these functions before you can go out and buy basic starter ships and work missions and upgrade those to get where you want eventually? Let's take away the fact that SC is not yet a true game in the parlance as we know a finished game. Let's also set aside any preconceived notions about what a free-form open-sandbox type of universe SC claims to become.

That said, let's say we want to play a game that is a quasi-simulation in space, but one that has elements of "cool factors" to make sure there is a balance of ultra realism and fun. Let's say that this universe is modeled after real-world mechanics in that the game creators want to give people the ability to do some functions in-game as you could do in your life (such as law enforcement, or farm, trade, etc.). Why would the ability to purchase a ship to explore the sandboxed universe be viewed as P2W anymore than someone who buys a yacht to travel to Morocco? Couldn't the same argument be made that one should just buy a ticket on a liner heading to Africa (or that someone should just acquire a 325a to explore - no need to pledge for the 600i)? In life, there are those much more wealthy than anyone in this thread who can buy all the things that they want.

They have acquired or were given their wealth and are using it, but some modicum of time or effort was involved in acquiring that wealth, whether it was done by the individual or by someone else and gifted to that individual. The same is the case for someone buying a ship. Sure - they'll have a ship bigger and better than others to stat with upon game release, but that person expended time/effort in his/her job (or someone did on that individual's behalf) and that translates into a ship purchased with funds from that effort. The time was spent outside of game, no different than if someone spent time in-game to acquire the same.

If the end-goal of a game is to win at a level, beat a boss or kill 19 people left on a team of 20, then I can see how "paying to win" to acquire a weapon better than the rest is an issue. But when the goal of a game is that you can make and shape a universe that's essentially persistent and interactive, then what is all the fuss?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

CIG! HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-sells-british-fresh-air-to-wealthy-chinese-elite-for-80-a-jar-a6857461.html

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

I wonder if after mining licenses there will be ::gasp:: transporting licenses, or bounty hunting licenses, or ... or ...
Stfu derek.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
December is a logical time for layoffs, as CIG takes two weeks off, also it's the last of their 3 best funding months, Oct, Nov, Dec. You don't want bad news of layoffs to affect those sale months.

If they are hurting for money bad, which the "limited" ship and crazy land rush sales would suggest, not to mention the loan, cutting heads is the quickest way to tackle it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Used to be able to wind up the broken people of Second Life by just stepping foot on their land for a moment. If Star Citizen pings a notification every time someone moves on your property...

Not that it matters because all of this is theoretical and will probably never be implemented.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

So I was really racking my brain to think of what SC is going to sell

Next up is going to be some UEE police beacon, a purchased-able consumable commodity which makes the police protect your ship at all times. That and some Wingman purchase like Hull + 50% to have an NPC buddy fly as your wing man 24/7.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
May 26, 2016 - Obsessive Star Citizen Critics, or: The Tall Poppy Syndrome [Top Hats and The Game]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUddm0S3LRI

Nov 29, 2017
https://twitter.com/thachampagne/status/935810985364897792
https://twitter.com/thachampagne/status/935811793158520832

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Oh what a contrast in framing.

Euogamer’s subheading takes the piss:

quote:

Star Citizen is selling virtual plots of land for up to £96 a pop
As part of a mechanic that is not yet available in a game that's not yet out.

While Polygon’s carries the water:

quote:

Star Citizen is now selling plots of virtual land
Plots will also be available with currency earned in-game

I hope whatever you’re getting back is worth it, Charlie. Worth hitching your wagon to this, the biggest stinking manure pile in the history of the industry you presumably love. The stink you’ve lost the scent of isn’t going to wash out easily, so make the most of the time left and start working on that mea culpa now.

When the wheels come off and the wailing and gnashing begin, there will be some in your industry like Benson and McDonald who did the thankless work of journalists and shared their troubled findings despite the rage it induced and the clamor it raised. Some who can say “We sounded the warnings. Few listened but we tried.”

Too bad you didn’t chose to be one of them. Too bad you were more interested in being a lap dog than guard dog. The world could’ve used more voices with big pulpits raising the alarm but you couldn’t be bothered and you preferred singing the pretty lie in a major key than chanting the ugly truth in a minor one.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 29, 2017

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Toops posted:

The goon in me can't wait for the griefing opportunities. I was an absolute psychopath in Rust, blowing up bases, camping and chainkilling, erasing tens of hours of gameplay with no regard for humanity.

Start Citizens better hope this game never comes out.

This is why I kept trying to reality check the citizens who don't seem to see the very real coming storm. Like I played Ark:Survival Evolved PVP on official servers, and PVP unofficial for a year after that, these guys have no idea how bad they are about to get it if Star Citizen ever materializes.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

By your own example, would it not be "against the soul of the game" to force everyone starting of in the SC PU on a rail to say: do it this way and perform these functions before you can go out and buy basic starter ships and work missions and upgrade those to get where you want eventually? Let's take away the fact that SC is not yet a true game in the parlance as we know a finished game. Let's also set aside any preconceived notions about what a free-form open-sandbox type of universe SC claims to become.

That said, let's say we want to play a game that is a quasi-simulation in space, but one that has elements of "cool factors" to make sure there is a balance of ultra realism and fun. Let's say that this universe is modeled after real-world mechanics in that the game creators want to give people the ability to do some functions in-game as you could do in your life (such as law enforcement, or farm, trade, etc.). Why would the ability to purchase a ship to explore the sandboxed universe be viewed as P2W anymore than someone who buys a yacht to travel to Morocco? Couldn't the same argument be made that one should just buy a ticket on a liner heading to Africa (or that someone should just acquire a 325a to explore - no need to pledge for the 600i)? In life, there are those much more wealthy than anyone in this thread who can buy all the things that they want.

They have acquired or were given their wealth and are using it, but some modicum of time or effort was involved in acquiring that wealth, whether it was done by the individual or by someone else and gifted to that individual. The same is the case for someone buying a ship. Sure - they'll have a ship bigger and better than others to stat with upon game release, but that person expended time/effort in his/her job (or someone did on that individual's behalf) and that translates into a ship purchased with funds from that effort. The time was spent outside of game, no different than if someone spent time in-game to acquire the same.

If the end-goal of a game is to win at a level, beat a boss or kill 19 people left on a team of 20, then I can see how "paying to win" to acquire a weapon better than the rest is an issue. But when the goal of a game is that you can make and shape a universe that's essentially persistent and interactive, then what is all the fuss?

get a refund

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

Has Joe Blobber posted a july blog defending the land sale yet?

No, Fandred is still making effort posts on Reddit right now. Need more gaming media to publish articles for him to be able to pull himself away for that.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

IcarusUpHigh posted:

“Aethaer is filtered organically by nature as it flows between the leaves of woodland trees, absorbs pristine water as it passes over babbling brooks and forest streams, and is lovingly caressed as it rolls over and between mineral rich rock formations, after which it is blown up over vistas of untouched beauty to where the Aethaer is collected and bottled.”

Worked "lovingly caressed" into the product description. Touché.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's such a conceptually broken "game" that it beggars belief. Even if you had the technology, the skill, the money, the time, if you had an unlimited bucket of "resources" from which you could pour into the project, it still wouldn't work, because the mold you're pouring it into is an amorphous substance that assumes no fixed shape and retains nothing. Trying to cast it results in an unsightly bulge as the material expands the mold without limit.

It's literally impossible to implement the ~dreams~, because so many elements are logically exclusive with each other. You can have Rodin in his studio, and ask him to make a statue of a human holding purple in his left hand, and in his left also holding a book written in Xi'an, a man in motion and also sitting pensively, a peerless leader who cowers powelessly before others. Total nonsense.

I would love to see SC, as pitched, come out. I'd also like to hold a real Klein bottle that intersects in four spatial dimensions. It will never happen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7g7ler/well_shit_i_guess_you_guys_were_right/

quote:

At the end of the day, as someone who has spent years deeply invested in the idea, I have become deeply disillusioned by the whole thing over the past ~12 months. The idea I (and i'd like to believe others) bought into seems to have vanished and seems unlikely to come back anytime soon.

I was ok with development taking a long time, I was ok with the process, and I was ok with crowdfunding the project. What i'm not ok with, is the gradual transition from crowdfunding to micro-transaction funding - it's a disgrace to the community who supported the idea, and a butchering of what this game was supposed to be all about.

From what essentially amounted to pre-purchasing the game to fund development, has turned into a complete firesale of each and every concept/ship/item in the game, no matter how many years into the future the actual release of said concept gets pushed.

PC gaming was never dead, and Star Citizen was never going to save anything. But Star Citizen was a throwback to something great, and i'm afraid that what made Star Citizen great is now gone.

:munch:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

The guy is just spreading F.U.D. He is dismissed.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because a game is bounded within rules, and spending money to get around the rules of the game is paying to win.

If you aren't making a game within a ruleset then there is nothing wrong with buying virtual items for a virtual world. CIG are trying to have it both ways by having game mechanics and a virtual world to sell virtual goods.

Apart from all that selling items you can earn in-game for real money will always generate controversy, polarisation and big internet arguments, every time, in every case because some see it as P2W and some see it as 'what's all the fuss'.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

That depends on what the soul of your game is. A guy who bought Super Mario Bros in the 80s, then paid an extra $5 to skip to the end of world 8-4 would have demolished the point of the game, which is to experience it. A guy spending $10 to skip to the endboss in Wolfenstein does the same. Dropping money to skip through games like Thief, Deus-Ex, etc. defeats the entire purpose of the carefully-constructed game world and experience. It's like paying extra money at the theater to basically not sit through the 2-hour film, but get handed a spoiler sheet that tells you what happened in a few sentences.

In those cases, I agree - being able to pay for anything wrecks the game experience.

However, and this is the reason I generally oppose P2W schemes: if you know you're going to be a P2W or cash-shop heavy game, the artful construction of a good gaming experience is never worked into the game to begin with. The storylines are shallow (if they exist at all), and the sense of achievement and progression is not organically meshed into the experience, because they know their primary source of income might, as you put it, short-circuit that work. So P2W games tend to be shallow, visionless games that represent nothing more than virtual number-increasing e-peen contests.

They actually start out soulless, and stay that way, and it's something I think is slowly strangling the gaming experience. The cash-model is controversial, but I think the controversy is about the wrong things. Most argue about how you pay money to "get ahead". I argue that the cash model takes the art out of the work right from the start.

Good post, totally agree. I have trouble even with paid cosmetic items. For me, any ability to earn things outside the raw playing of the game immediately erodes the power that game has to reward your time.

Example: Path of Exile, which is very good, will never quite be great to me, because earning loot is the point of the game. When you can just buy the "look" you want, weapon effects, etc, then you short-circuit an important part of the dopamine-drive of a loot collector game: Finding poo poo that looks cool.

I used to main tank for a progression guild in WoW. For about a year I was "top geared" player on the server. I was pretty proud of that, because you can only get that gear from the most difficult encounters in the game. They're so hard and take so many hours that when you finally beat them, the adrenaline/dopamine rush of accomplishment is as strong as I've ever felt. So I wore that gear with pride. For guild advertising, I would stand in the main part of Ironforge and bark for recruitment, and it was just a non-stop flow of people running past, stopping, and whispering "Holy poo poo, where did you get that loot?" or "drat, nice loot man!" or "Hey how do I join your guild?"

The point is not that I enjoyed the attention, I could take it or leave it. What's remarkable is all the people running past who see this rare loot and are immediately excited, engaged, and inspired to keep playing the game. It gives you a meaningful goal. Without a meaningful goal, your gameplay has no hook, and it's countdown to the bargain bin. Well, a gameplay goal is deeply diminished when you know these achievements can be acquired with no skill and no time.

An important part of the pay to win argument is this whole "Well some people have more time than money. Other have more money than time. We shouldn't punish people who have less time." This is complete and utter bullshit. As a game developer, if you're so stupid and lazy that your design allows the best things to be acquired simply through time investment, then your game is hosed. If your game hook involves progression through items, then those items should require both time and very high skill to achieve.

In Star Citizen, you can purchase basically everything in the game with real money, including the most powerful "items" (ships, land, and you know base modules/components are coming next). And a lot of people already have. The game is fundamentally ruined, because anything you earn in-game will stir up the knowledge that, on some level, what you've achieved is easy to get. It creates a persistent paranoia in your sub-conscious. Anytime you see <impressive ship> or <impressive item> your subconscious will be doing a value assessment, and you cannot escape the curiosity as to whether that ship was "bought" or "earned." Every time you buy a new ship from in-game credits, the nagging efficiency core of your lizard brain will be yelling at you "You could have just paid for this and expended way fewer hours and calories, stupid."

Some people can suspend that disbelief more than others. As for me, it fundamentally ruins the core of the experience.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

It's a sign

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Holy poo poo Kotaku, shots fired! Proud of those boys/girls.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It never loving existed. At least some of them are waking up to CIG's increasingly desperate tactics.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Just how much space land did you buy in the end?

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

The Roberts always wear black because they're so fat.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I can just imagine the meeting at CIG.

"But we've lied to them so many times before, how was I supposed to know they would react like this??"

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TheAgent posted:

listen, thread outsiders, please don't buy crobberts land

go ahead and buy a sex worker something nice from tiffanys, its a far better investment

can confirm. thanks for the nipple tormentors agent.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

I like what you're saying here, but as you said, if you set aside the state of Star Citizen as it stands today and assume what was promised is what will occur, then it's not even a game in the sense I'm referring to. A game can be an arcade game that you pump quarters into, it can be a linear storytelling experience (Deus-Ex, Thief, as in my previous mention), it can be a P2W phone-type game (see: any iPhone game). I don't think Star Citizen falls under any of these categories. A universe simulator would be its own thing, and the monetization model might not be inappropriate.

I will respond to one specific statement:

quote:

Sure - they'll have a ship bigger and better than others to stat with upon game release, but that person expended time/effort in his/her job (or someone did on that individual's behalf) and that translates into a ship purchased with funds from that effort. The time was spent outside of game, no different than if someone spent time in-game to acquire the same.

That depends on the individual's earning potential in the real world, and I think that income disparity is what drives a lot of the anxiety and sensitivity to the pay model.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 29, 2017

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

AbstractNapper posted:

Exceptionally tone deaf singing, that sounds like a Decepticon powering down.

This thread is loving incredible. Mandatory reading for the entire internet. Well worth my $10.00 admission.

Singing game developers, toilets in or out of game, game company suing people who want refunds, selling land that isn't land, sellings jpegs. It's unbelievable.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally all caught up. I think the thing that makes me the most crazy is how loving sketch Discolando looks with his lovely beard, Star Citizen ball cap, blazer, and Star Citizen tee as they’re announcing that they’re going to start selling land. In their yet to be released space game with no release date. That just had a miserable trash fire of an alpha patch.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

FailureToReport posted:

I was actually playing Elite and streaming when the leak hit, and one of the regulars on my channel who is a whale started in defending CIG, saying there was no way it was real and that CIG would not sell land. I went ahead and doubled down on faith that the goon intelligence arm knew what it was talking and kind of egged him on a bit.

Then the sale hit and he was like "oh they aren't selling land", and I pulled the RSI store page up on stream and showed the Buy Land! page and he got quiet for a bit, then came back with "Oh you can only buy land if you have a Pioneer."

So then I pulled the page back up and went through the checkout of buying a piece of space internet dirt up to the payment page and he lost his loving poo poo over it. Went all the way to the RSI forums and posted a rage post about selling land which the mods removed which sent him further into a fit of rage.

I'm pretty sure CIG just converted a 15k+ backer in real time.

loving lol

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

While Polygon’s carries the water

Polygon has been shilling so hard lately that it's actually started to sour my opinion of Griffin McElroy which I really didn't think was possible

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Taintrunner posted:

Finally all caught up. I think the thing that makes me the most crazy is how loving sketch Discolando looks with his lovely beard, Star Citizen ball cap, blazer, and Star Citizen tee as they’re announcing that they’re going to start selling land. In their yet to be released space game with no release date. That just had a miserable trash fire of an alpha patch.

It's like a band wearing their own T-shirt. YOU DO NOT.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops posted:

It's like a band wearing their own T-shirt. YOU DO NOT.

truth

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Einbauschrank posted:

Man of many acres.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sarsapariller posted:

Polygon has been shilling so hard lately that it's actually started to sour my opinion of Griffin McElroy which I really didn't think was possible

That they gave Battlefront II a 7/10 was enough for me to complely write them off.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

I like what you're saying here, but as you said, if you set aside the state of Star Citizen as it stands today and assume what was promised is what will occur, then it's not even a game in the sense I'm referring to. A game can be an arcade game that you pump quarters into, it can be a linear storytelling experience (Deus-Ex, Thief, as in my previous mention), it can be a P2W phone-type game (see: any iPhone game). I don't think Star Citizen falls under any of these categories. A universe simulator would be its own thing, and the monetization model might not be inappropriate.

I will respond to one specific statement:

That depends on the individual's earning potential in the real world, and I think that income disparity is what drives a lot of the anxiety and sensitivity to the pay model.

Any game with an in-game currency will have a pay-to-win aspect to it. Exchanging something of one value ($ or time) for something else- whether it is an item, in-game currency, leveling up - is by the definition of the person making the exchange, a win. This assumes that people don't knowingly make the irrational decision that the thing they want is worth less to them than the thing they are giving up.

So people exchanging real-life currency instead of their time are making a decision that is a 'win' for them. In retrospect, they may realize that it really wasn't, but at the time of purchase they absolutely do.

The extent to which a given company leverages and influences this decision making process through marketing or tilting the time vs $ exchange rate is how the external observer will evaluate how 'bad' or 'good' a company is in terms of being P2W.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I can appreciate the sheer balls to go "Don't trust everything thats on reddit", then announce land sales, then straight up deny that land sales are actually land sales, even though its glaringly obvious that they are in fact land sales.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wuxi posted:

I can appreciate the sheer balls to go "Don't trust everything thats on reddit", then announce land sales, then straight up deny that land sales are actually land sales, even though its glaringly obvious that they are in fact land sales.

This whole sequence is truly amazing. The citizens falling for it are the icing on the cake.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

This is all kinds of good, this is what I wanted someone to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Toops posted:

Holy poo poo Kotaku, shots fired! Proud of those boys/girls.

I know we all have our private too 10 lists of greatest thread moments but I will forever take enormous quiet pride in the knowledge the we Goons, we lowly losers with our obsessive fixation on this godforsaken project helped in our own not trivial way to get the ball rolling that lead to the huge Kotaku U.K. series that remains the single most intensive outside look at the project in distress. It didn’t produce the laughs of so many other great thread moments but it fired a shot across the bow of CIG in a big way, and they forced Chris Roberts, armed with too many quotes from too many sources, to finally acknowledge the truth about Star Marine.

That one tiny victory didn’t mean much in the grand scheme but I will cherish t nonetheless, simply savoring the satisfactions all but demanded by Chris Roberts’ completely inexcusable mismanagement of that project and his toddler-like tantrums and the voices calling for him to account for the whole thing. Since the whole affair proved a microcosm of CIG’s macro problems with scope creep, project mismanagement, and the hype and deceit cycles of their marketing department, the entire affair outlined by Kotaku U’K.’s in-depth look will one day be seen for the omen it truly was. For our small part in helping to make that happen I will forever be thankful, regardless of how little good it did.

I feel the same way about the entire Streetroller saga, even though I was more skeptical of his motives at first and booted him from the discord server due to suspicions he was try to con us. But he wasn’t, he was a straight up guy, a fighter, the best kind of troll and smartass end he joined the ranks and landed a major blow that put CIG on the well deserved hot seat with the spotlight overhead.

Charlie Hall wanted to dox him for the sake of his precious “games journalism” (and the noble work of defending the morally upright gaming studio under unfair siege by evils goons) but alas, he got forced to do the right thing and leave him be. And Streetroller did his part, as Kotaku UK did, to sound alarms and remind backers of their own legal rights. And while that story too wasn’t the laughathon so many other thread moments were, it still lead to the gut busting Streetroller / Derek Smart / James Brand livestream event that IS in my top 10 funniest moments of the Goon War.

Sorry to be getting all nostalgic and wistful. But drat what an incredible story this whole bloody mess has been... what a privilege to watch it all unfold from the best seats in the house in the good company of funny, clever and mostly quite decent people.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 29, 2017