Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

DoctorWhat posted:

Leo is deffo Earth-1 Snart loving with people.

You know, I was reading online trying to figure out what the gently caress ever happened with the Ghost-Snart story that sort of just got dropped, and I realized something else. They still have his old Cold Gun, don't they? Jax could take that; it'd be a perfect fit for an engineer like him, and going from fire to ice would be fun, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Welp, it's tyool 2017 and a ridiculous TV show about time-traveling screwups made me all teary-eyed. We'll miss you, Gray.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

XboxPants posted:

You know, I was reading online trying to figure out what the gently caress ever happened with the Ghost-Snart story that sort of just got dropped, and I realized something else. They still have his old Cold Gun, don't they? Jax could take that; it'd be a perfect fit for an engineer like him, and going from fire to ice would be fun, too.

Mick gave the cold gun to Ray after he lost the ATOM suit for a few weeks last year, and Ray used it once and then immediately broke it. To be fair, he kind of jury rigged it into a cold bomb to solve a crisis, but he destroyed it in the process.

And Ghost Snart was actually a time-displaced earlier version of the real Snart who the Legion of Doom were using to try and gently caress with/turn Mick. ...At least that’s what the implication was. They never outright confirmed it though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Now I would have done Stein's exit differently - taken a page from Kamen Rider W - but I guess the big fight scenes were enough Tokusatsu for one 3-hour behemoth.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I cried.

Woden
May 6, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so basically the only way they're topping this one next year is if they just go full Infinity War and throw everyone up against like Darkseid or General Zod, right?

Maybe they'll tie in Riverdale and do some of the weird Archie poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp I was extremely satisfied with that whole crossover. Stein going out as a hero was extremely bittersweet, and him+Jax and the funeral scenes really hit me, something I never thought I'd say about this goofy-rear end show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Woden posted:

Stephen Amell and Clark Gregg have been talking for years about trying to do an Arrow/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. crossover. Maybe it’s time for Marvel and DC to crawl back into bed together and make it happen. Because, honestly, the Arrowverse would fit into the MCU like a glove at this point.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Woden posted:

Having a villain that was gradually built up to and had more of a connection to the characters would be good. Evil doppelgangers are fun for a gimmick, but they aren't hall-of-fame level villains. You need to a fully developed, independent character for that.

I also like the idea of having multiple smaller crossovers instead of one enormous one. Don't get me wrong, this was incredible, they really aimed for the sky and, surprisingly, actually stuck the landing. Running all cylinders like this with no rest will get old eventually, though. Gotta pace it a bit. So, maybe do a two-parter here, a three-parter there, whatever. Gives you more flexibility. You can do 'em every few months evenly, or you can even do them in clusters. Like, for the mid-season finale, have one two-part special in October to introduce the villain and set up the stakes, then take a few weeks to let the fallout settle, lay some more groundwork, and in November you have the two-part climax.

And goddamn I really liked how they didn't even differentiate which show was which. I think it's a loving fantastic idea to present these as basically a separate mini-series entirely. I hope that works from a production standpoint, too, 'cause that'd be great for them to have a little division just focused on making the crossovers run smoothly.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Only disappointment of this crossover was that Lance was the only one who took the trouble to put on what sounded like a hokey Nazi accent.

XboxPants posted:

Are you sure they're not both references to the original source, the Simpsons gag?

Probably not, when Kamala's signature move is doing exactly that with her arm.

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so basically the only way they're topping this one next year is if they just go full Infinity War and throw everyone up against like Darkseid or General Zod, right?

Aliens are Supergirl's territory and Earth-X is Flash's territory, so the next one would have to be Arrow's; some kind of unpowered crime threat, or at best, a magical villain. The one after that would then be some kind of time baddie like Time Trapper or Barry Allen, and if all the shows still exist after 4 years, they can do actual adaptations of CoIE and Final Crisis.

Argue fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 29, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Argue posted:

Aliens are Supergirl's territory and Earth-X is Flash's territory, so the next one would have to be Arrow's; some kind of unpowered crime threat, or at best, a magical villain.

You mean like Knife Man a.k.a. Vandal Savage?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Laterite posted:

Welp, it's tyool 2017 and a ridiculous TV show about time-traveling screwups made me all teary-eyed. We'll miss you, Gray.

I haven't even been following Legends after the first couple of episodes and they got me.
May need to catch up on Netflix I guess.

What a three hour nerdfest.
Loved them wolfensteining the gently caress out of those nazis in the first two episodes, sad they toned down the violence later on.

Also, Melissa Benoist must be the giddiest person on this - or any - earth.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Argue posted:

Only disappointment of this crossover was that Lance was the only one who took the trouble to put on what sounded like a hokey Nazi accent.

He was just doing his regular English accent - the other 2 English cast-members didn't have doppelgangers.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

ookiimarukochan posted:

He was just doing his regular English accent - the other 2 English cast-members didn't have doppelgangers.

Gangbangers?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

Aliens are Supergirl's territory and Earth-X is Flash's territory, so the next one would have to be Arrow's; some kind of unpowered crime threat, or at best, a magical villain. The one after that would then be some kind of time baddie like Time Trapper or Barry Allen, and if all the shows still exist after 4 years, they can do actual adaptations of CoIE and Final Crisis.

For a Magical sort of crossover event, there's Trigon, Blaze and Satanus, or Neron (Underworld Unleashed) as potential major antagonists. Even an altered Black Lantern storyline would work given how many dead people have been left in the wake of the various series.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Maxwell Lord posted:

No Stein don't die
I kind of thought Stein dying was a bit pointless. Having Jax accept him retiring would have been better, I think and death doesn't even mean you're permanently written out of these shows, so it's not like they did it to definitively rule out his ever coming back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So I guess they left the breech machine open? lol dickbags
Well, the Earth X resistance wanted it closed to prevent the superweapon from being used and strand the führer and überMädchen on an alien world. So, the superweapon's destroyed and they're both dead. Job done, really. Whatever further plans the Nazis had for the gate are likely completely disrupted and the resistance might be able to use it to get support from other worlds.

Aphrodite posted:

It’s still up in the air whether there’s still 4 shows next year.
Really? Which one(s) are they looking at cancelling?

Woden posted:

As a non-canon special, I could really enjoy a Riverdale/DCCW crossover.

Argue posted:

Why would they have different accents? The Nazis won in the '40s and all these characters grew up in Nazi-controlled America.

mcbexx posted:

I haven't even been following Legends after the first couple of episodes and they got me.
May need to catch up on Netflix I guess.
Skip season one.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I enjoyed the first 3 episodes and half of this one. Once the battle started I sort of felt the end wasn't anything that special.

Rory is still the best and Felicity is still the worst.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Flash is the best rated, then the other 3 all basically do the same. Arrow did worse than Legends for the first time last week, but that was probably a one off because it was Thanksgiving when Arrow aired. It was on Wednesdays before this season. Supergirl started strong last season but lost half its viewers by the end and into this season.

They're probably actually safe this year, but the non-Flash trio are getting low enough now that they might have to chop one. It would likely be Legends if they did have to choose from the 3 being equal.

Edit: Although what Legends has going for it is stability. It's never had ratings as high as Arrow and Supergirl used to, but consistency has value to networks. I just think that of the 3 it's the least important to the whole CWverse and so the most likely to get the axe if they do it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 29, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tiggum posted:

Really? Which one(s) are they looking at cancelling?

The only one of the four I would say is a lock solid cinch for renewal is The Flash. The other three they'll probably bring back because they're the CW and things like Live ratings don't matter to them. Of course even if CW decides they aren't worth the expense I bet DC would be more than happy to add proven content to their soon to be launched streaming service.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aphrodite posted:

It would likely be Legends if they did have to choose from the 3 being equal.
Of course it would be the best one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Honestly, if one were to be cancelled, I would think it would be Arrow. We are at 6 seasons now, and the current season is all about Oliver moving away from the hero life and passing things off to the next generation. But the CW never cancels long running shows that people like (see the 10th season of Smallville, the 13th season of Supernatural), so it may go on for a while still.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Aphrodite posted:

The Flash is the best rated, then the other 3 all basically do the same. Arrow did worse than Legends for the first time last week, but that was probably a one off because it was Thanksgiving when Arrow aired. It was on Wednesdays before this season. Supergirl started strong last season but lost half its viewers by the end and into this season.

They're probably actually safe this year, but the non-Flash trio are getting low enough now that they might have to chop one. It would likely be Legends if they did have to choose from the 3 being equal.

Edit: Although what Legends has going for it is stability. It's never had ratings as high as Arrow and Supergirl used to, but consistency has value to networks. I just think that of the 3 it's the least important to the whole CWverse and so the most likely to get the axe if they do it.

I don't think any of the shows are likely to be cancelled. Legends is the lowest rated, but it's still getting numbers comparable to Riverdale and Supernatural and more than double what Jane the Virgin is doing. Those are still really solid numbers for the CW.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

That or go full Zeppo. The main superpowered casts go and fight some massive world-ending threat off-screen, and we get 4 full episodes of Diggle, Sara, Alex and Jessie Quick beasting their way though a side-mission.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's incredibly weird that I think I just watched what might be one of the best superhero movies in recent memory, and it was a 4 way arrowverse crossover. It shits all over anything Snyder did for the DC movies. They really nailed it. I thought the score was particularly great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

That or go full Zeppo. The main superpowered casts go and fight some massive world-ending threat off-screen, and we get 4 full episodes of Diggle, Sara, Alex and Jessie Quick beasting their way though a side-mission.

Replace Jessie with Wells and you've got a team that doesn't have Jesse solving 80 of all of the opposition.

I'd really like if they could finally pull Hamill away from Star Wars for another Trickster episode with a crossover Legion of Doom.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I liked that while the crossover was a more consistent thing this year, the story of each episode still centered a little more on the protagonists of that show. Also, having just binged the UK series Being Human, I was pleasantly surprised to see Russell Tovey as the Ray, and would love to have him on the waverider next season.

This crossover was everything I could have hoped for and more, but I still found it pretty weird that of the Coldray couple, the one who's from earth 1 went back to fight for earth X and the one from earth X had some business to attend to on earth 1.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

kjetting posted:

I liked that while the crossover was a more consistent thing this year, the story of each episode still centered a little more on the protagonists of that show. Also, having just binged the UK series Being Human, I was pleasantly surprised to see Russell Tovey as the Ray, and would love to have him on the waverider next season.

That would result in a confusing number of Rays. Also, maybe it was because of the presence of Obergruppenfuhrer Lance, but the "Flash" portion felt more like an episode of Arrow to me.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

howe_sam posted:

That would result in a confusing number of Rays. Also, maybe it was because of the presence of Obergruppenfuhrer Lance, but the "Flash" portion felt more like an episode of Arrow to me.

I'm Ray's giant hand smashing a Nazi like a bug

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

kjetting posted:

This crossover was everything I could have hoped for and more, but I still found it pretty weird that of the Coldray couple, the one who's from earth 1 went back to fight for earth X and the one from earth X had some business to attend to on earth 1.

Holy poo poo, that's why he looked familiar.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

nine-gear crow posted:

Mick gave the cold gun to Ray after he lost the ATOM suit for a few weeks last year, and Ray used it once and then immediately broke it. To be fair, he kind of jury rigged it into a cold bomb to solve a crisis, but he destroyed it in the process.

And Ghost Snart was actually a time-displaced earlier version of the real Snart who the Legion of Doom were using to try and gently caress with/turn Mick. ...At least that’s what the implication was. They never outright confirmed it though.

Caitlin used the Cold Gun on the Flash this season, but who knows how she got it. Maybe Cisco made another one?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Woden posted:

Marvel has them beat on that one...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Superman already defeated General Zod on Supergirl's Earth.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
THAT NAZI FIGHT YO

Also "So, you hit that?" "Shut up." was the line of the crossover

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Replace Jessie with Wells and you've got a team that doesn't have Jesse solving 80 of all of the opposition. .

Speedster powers going grossly underused is basically tradition now. It is a relatively new tradition, only 4 years old, but it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Argue posted:

It’s not the move we’re talking about. It’s the word “embiggens.” That is 100% a Simpsons reference.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yes, but the combination of that move and the Simpsons quote homages Kamala Khan.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, the Simpsons usage is "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man", Kamala, being a giant rear end nerd, uses it in the context of making her self grow. It's the context.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's a perfectly cromulent joke.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

It's a perfectly cromulent joke.

Yeah I looked it up after you responded, and I gotta admit you're right. I didn't know enough about the character - I recognized the move, but "Embiggen!" is also basically her catchphrase, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Guys I just realized next week won't have the crossover any more

I'm devastated :smith: