Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
gently caress off hamprince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the atlantic version is a lot better and funnier, this one kinda sucks

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

gently caress off hamprince

just replace every post with this tbh

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

the failing new york times
hi-ho, a derry-o

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
haha omg

https://twitter.com/kmcdonovgh/status/935487625015816192

failing as the grey lady is...at least its not the WSJ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

babypolis posted:

the atlantic version is a lot better and funnier, this one kinda sucks

Link it? I didn't see it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who is Alfred Levitt? I'm just pulling up a play, a dead painter, and a dead real estate developer.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

RandomPauI posted:

Who is Alfred Levitt? I'm just pulling up a play, a dead painter, and a dead real estate developer.

there's 3 pics, third one shows his title

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, thanks

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

well, like it says right in the tweet, he's Joe Ricketts' lawyer and the president of Joe Ricketts' holding and investment company

I'm sure that has nothing to do with why he's writing an article about how Joe Ricketts is a hero and champion of modern journalism and needs to be defended from the slanderous accusations that he shuttered two of his media companies just because the workers at those companies voted to unionize

the issue is that wsj literally gave his lawyer free PR space to write an unapologetic puff piece

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Link it? I didn't see it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/11/a-nazi-cooks-pasta/546737/

this one is actually funny and was first so gently caress that wapo hack

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

thank heavens that the nyt avoids chomsky and instead chooses to voluntarily print nazi apologetics

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The failing fascist New York Times

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the failing new york times publishes an opinion article so bad that their own twitter lies about the content

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/935504820571639808

despite what the tweet says, the article has nothing at all to do with Moore. it's just a straight-up "but what about :qq:false rape accusations:qq: against those poor defenseless powerful men" piece, about a third of which is spent defending Al Franken and openly dismissing the accusations against him as fabrications made up by the far right and radical feminists

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

the failing new york times publishes an opinion article so bad that their own twitter lies about the content

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/935504820571639808

despite what the tweet says, the article has nothing at all to do with Moore. it's just a straight-up "but what about :qq:false rape accusations:qq: against those poor defenseless powerful men" piece, about a third of which is spent defending Al Franken and openly dismissing the accusations against him as fabrications made up by the far right and radical feminists

their opinion pages twitter loves to tweet out the same article thirty times under a different subtitle to trick people into clicking on it again. iirc the original author's quote is something like "maybe we shouldn't believe women? :thunk:"

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/935482084860334080

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't understand why anyone still defends Al Franken when he already admitted to the allegation and apologized for it. Whether it's severe enough for him to resign is worthy of discussion, but not whether or not the allegation is true.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i understand why people are defending franken but i also dont understand it at the same time

does anyone else have this same feeling

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

comedyblissoption posted:

i understand why people are defending franken but i also dont understand it at the same time

does anyone else have this same feeling

trump's done worse and he isnt resigning :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

got any sevens posted:

loving yikes.

This isn't hard. We should be able to find politicians who aren't loving sex groping weirdos. Any ones we do have that are sex groping weirdos should loving resign or be thrown out on their rear end. You want your constituents to trust in their representative and you can't trust people who are sex groping weirdos.

This really isn't hard, but I've seen so many idiots fail to come to this very simple and obvious conclusion.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

got any sevens posted:

imo if the democrats want to run on "we're better than the republicans" they should probably try to live up to it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Franken sucks anyway kick his rear end out

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

imo if the democrats want to run on "we're better than the republicans" they should probably try to live up to it

well yeah, but its not like this is the first time dems havent been better

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Franken sucks anyway kick his rear end out

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it would be more difficult if franken was from an R-governor state where his senate seat would be filled by a shitbag who would use it to make life even worse for women (and 90% of men) in america but he's from minessota so there's literally no reason not to can his rear end and replace him with someone clean

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

keeping franken there actually serves the purpose of making it easier for a republican in the future to take a historically safe blue seat

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it would be more difficult if franken was from an R-governor state where his senate seat would be filled by a shitbag who would use it to make life even worse for women (and 90% of men) in america but he's from minessota so there's literally no reason not to can his rear end and replace him with someone clean

This is the funniest thing about him staying lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
didnt he barely win, after a recount or two

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
even from a shitlib perspective, it makes perfect sense to replace Franken with Neera Tanden or Jon Ossoff or something

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sad day when you're getting savaged by the Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post for being too soft on Nazis.

a sad day for the SAD! FAILING New York Times

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sad day when you're getting savaged by the Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post for being too soft on Nazis.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-neo-nazi-stabbed-20160626-snap-htmlstory.html

this is contrasted to the Breitbart Article

https://donotlink.it/9gMO

the failing new york times reads like breitbart

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Nov 29, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

got any sevens posted:

didnt he barely win, after a recount or two

yea cause he sucks

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
republicans are fundamentally un-serious. they have a sexual harasser tee vee star as the leader of the party

anyway time to defend al franken

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

GalacticAcid posted:

republicans are fundamentally un-serious. they have a sexual harasser tee vee star as the leader of the party

anyway time to defend al franken

un-serious is a weird criticism to make; I assume this is some sort of code for "does not sit with the cool kids" when the NYT makes it

It's also a bad criticism, like saying a politician/politicians "play politics" with something, as if the person saying it isn't engaging in politics themselves

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it's a joke jesus christ dude

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

gently caress the new york times

for real

they suck a lot

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

GalacticAcid posted:

it's a joke jesus christ dude

My bad, I knew that but wanted to write about lovely people (not you) using the term 'un-serious'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/936163611394957312

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

man gently caress the New York Guardian

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/936203511037136897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

do you think trump knows what a pipe organ looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the failing daily mail

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/936203905494650880?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet