Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Podima posted:

SCUM
Infinitum - as mentioned, coasting and jokevoting instead of his usual bulldog casing style
MMG - same as above but I actually vaguely remember this being MMG's scum MO from Auspol mafia? Can someone from Auspol confirm? Also, commenting only on mod posts/flavor spec and nothing else is scummy.
YPM - previously stated case.
RF - bad casing of SSV and weird timing of "ok I guess I'll finally vote" after pushing the case, but I keep second-guessing myself about whether this is just Opop being opoop. I don't like the naming a number of scum thing they just did though. Ok while writing this I moved him from MAYBE SCUM to SCUM.

MAYBE SCUM
GeneX - has done nothing other than drop a vote on SSV for spurious reasons
Tired Moritz - Noticeable non-participation where I expect better.
Xad - coasting and hasn't made any real reads at all other than a town call on flerp, which is weird for them. I'd almost even vote them today.
STONE COLD 64 - lack of participation isn't really a scumtell for him, but I need to see more than a jester read on SSV.

NEUTRAL
Keane - is joking around and participating but has at least dropped two names. Need casing to back it up.
flerp - at first I thought he was doing better, but now that I reread all I see is 'lynch Infi'. Please case someone else.
Sal - needs to participate more. Nothing egregious one way or another.
JFisk - lurking isn't an alignment tell for him, it's just obnoxious as heck. Will let the mod handle it.
Nevergirls - can't decide here. I might have leaned scummy but they voted along with my YPM case.

LEANING TOWN
BK - has engaged with others' cases, and been consistent with his reads thus far.
Revolver Anidav - has engaged in a couple of ways, good vibe.
bminus - I agree with where his reads are coming from even if I'm not sold on his RF case.
SSV - reacted fine to pressure from his jokephase posting, imo. Also votes piled up real fast on him.
St. Evan - agree with his reads.

TOWN
Podima

I would vote any of the 4 people at the top of the list and will be here through deadline - which is in about 2.5 hours.

For now I'll pull a Max and ##vote Infinitum to see how people react to a 3-way tie where I think 2 of the participants are scum, since the only other YPM vote is Infinitum.

can you expand on your town read for me please i am interested in what makes you think pod is town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I’m annoyed because my thoughts are mostly aligned with podima’s, with the exception of a meta read on Infinitum for podima being an “I am being wacky and deliberately unproductive” read for me. It’s annoying because he said a lot better than I can

If we take the wagons as our options, I’m debating between RF and Infinitum because the former is fromt and center in a lot of the read web I’m trying and failing to build and I don’t like him kinda buddying up to Infinitum, while the latter is just kind of smugly obnoxious. Don’t think SSV is scum right now, wanted to get us out of jokephase and thus voted for my best read at the time

Actually after putting that on paper, I’m pretty sure RF gives us the most info with the best chance of actually hitting scum

##vote Retro Futurist

It sure looks like there’s a split between podima/SSV and RF/Infinitim going on here with a bunch of hanger-ons

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Edit: my scumreads* are mostly aligned, I don’t really have a townread on anyone other than Revolver, podima, and SSV, all by proxy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

here is where i stand btw. ssv vote was 10% joking 90% me just hopping on a bandwagon to see if we could possibly turbo someone on day one because that poo poo is hilarious. in the last 8 or so games i have played, i have noticed a pattern of someone declaring jokephase being over and then flipping to be not-town. rf from my own personal experience and in my own opinion, im not stating this as a fact because others probably have different perspective on him, when he's town he tends to be more inquisitive and posting questions kind of in general at nobody, but when he's scum, he shows a precipitation to try and push things in a direction in a kind of abrupt matter but not going all the way with it. so im gonna vote him today based on this. ##vote rf

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm booooooored

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## HAMMER Retro Futurist :redhammer:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## HAMMER Retro Futurist :redhammer:

hes at six

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

you're next buddy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

another thing i have learned is i never roll scum, and yet i am always scumread, and even yet i am never lynched and have never lost. real strange i continue to get scum read despite this. sad.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

this post isn't great enough to break the rule of posting between hammer and flip

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you're next buddy

i am going to hit you with a chair. maybe not today. maybe not tomorrow. but it is going to happen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

not sure whether that was a day action or a misunderstanding of how mafia works

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this post isn't great enough to break the rule of posting between hammer and flip

he needs ten votes to hammer. he's not hammered yet.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (10): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight, b-minus1, GeneX, STONE COLD 64, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Infinitum (4): flerp, St Evan Echoes, Xad, Podima
SirSamVimes (2): SirSamVimes, flerp, STONE COLD 64, Revolver Anidav, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Infinitum, flerp, Retro Futurist, Your Personal Muse, GeneX, STONE COLD 64
Lynch No One! (1): Infinitum
Revolver Anidav (1): MysticalMachineGun
Your Personal Muse (1): Podima, Infinitum, Infinitum, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima
Xad (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
SalTheBard (0): St Evan Echoes, Revolver Anidav, Revolver Anidav, St Evan Echoes
CCKeane (0): MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, MysticalMachineGun

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Jonathan Fisk, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 46 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (7): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight, b-minus1, GeneX, STONE COLD 64, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
SirSamVimes (2): SirSamVimes, flerp, STONE COLD 64, Revolver Anidav, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Infinitum, flerp, Retro Futurist, Your Personal Muse, GeneX, STONE COLD 64
Your Personal Muse (1): Podima, Infinitum, Infinitum, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima
SalTheBard (0): St Evan Echoes, Revolver Anidav, Revolver Anidav, St Evan Echoes

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 48 minutes.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i am going to hit you with a chair. maybe not today. maybe not tomorrow. but it is going to happen.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
He looks very hammered to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:siren:RF has been hammered:siren:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

not sure whether that was a day action or a misunderstanding of how mafia works

I'm supposed to have a day action that lets me hammer when someone has >50% of votes but I may have used it wrong

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

:siren:RF has been hammered:siren:

oh nice :smug:
eat poo poo everybody especially stone cold

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
okay folks time to shut up

I will post flip at deadline time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The old man looked out of place, like a relic from a bygone era.

He offered to show you the basics of CQC, and you strung him up for it.

The ultimate sacrifice.

Retro Futurist (Big Boss, Town-Aligned Legendary Soldier) has been dunked on Day 1!

quote:

Powers
  • CQC: At night, you can choose to protect yourself. The first person to visit you will be blocked. You cannot use this power on consecutive nights.

It is now Night 1. Get me those actions.

birdstrike fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 2, 2017

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (10): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight, b-minus1, GeneX, STONE COLD 64, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 56 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Nobody died last night.

It is now Day 2.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (18): b-minus1, BottleKnight, CCKeane, flerp, GeneX, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, MysticalMachineGun, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, Revolver Anidav, SalTheBard, SirSamVimes, St Evan Echoes, STONE COLD 64, Tired Moritz, Xad, Your Personal Muse

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 01st, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
uhhhh hey so what the heck NGO?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

💪

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ngo SUPER SCUM lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i still believe in turboing infi ##vote infi

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really doubt scum would have the power to hammer someone who only has 2/3 of the required hammer number.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I really doubt scum would have the power to hammer someone who only has 2/3 of the required hammer number.

i highly doubt a townie would end day 1 out of the blue for no reason

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no matter what way i slice ngo's play it is like INSANELY anti-town

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

arent extra votes usually a town role?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NGO comes off as dumb rather than scum to me

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nevergirls are you going to claim the lynch being obscured as part of your power?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Podima posted:

Nevergirls are you going to claim the lynch being obscured as part of your power?

Not to parrot what Pod is saying, but this is my pressing question as well.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I'm not totally sure about Nevergirls yet, but I think they could be town. I also think pushing "how could a townie possibly hammer like that, a whole hour or two from deadline" is not a genuine townie argument. Especially not from flerp. He was on the front lines of the great B-minus Cop Counterclaim of '17. What foolishness lurks in the hearts of town? The flerp knows.

##vote flerp

It breaks my heart, but it is time for our dear little gay dog to be put down.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh opps i thought it was way before deadline but i still think its scummy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Not to parrot what Pod is saying, but this is my pressing question as well.

While you're here, would you mind elaborating on your reads that you dropped yesterday, please?

CCKeane posted:

Hello it is Tired M. And or b minus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

flerp posted:

no matter what way i slice ngo's play it is like INSANELY anti-town

how often do the scum do big flourishy anti-town plays out in the open on d1

it's possible but the WIFOM worms that infect my brain tell me to ignore it

• Locked thread