Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If all that artillery plays no part at all, presumably as distraction for Scoobies, Nagito is defying Chekhov's gun. Or Sonia uses one of those tanks to brute-force Future Door open if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm.

> 12345
> FUTURE
> ASAMI SUCKS

Yeah, I got nothin'.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We have two Free Times to do today. We're going to spend both of them with Fuyuhiko since we made progress with him last chapter.

: A capture plan, huh... Will they really be able to capture Nagito with such a stupid plan?

What should I do? Should I invite Fuyuhiko to hang out?

> Invite Fuyuhiko to hang out.

: Huh? I-I mean, I don't mind but...do you actually enjoy hanging out with me...?

I spent time today talking to Fuyuhiko about the plan to capture Nagito. Looks like Fuyuhiko and I grew a little closer.

> Definitely!

Lust Setsugekka: Japanese sake that contains no alcohol. Despite being alcohol free, it will still get you drunk.

: So you're trying to suck up to me? ...Do you really think I take bribes?
: W-Well...it's fine if I accept this from you.
: This present has a Good rating.

: Hey Hajime... Is there any woman who's important to you?
: Wh-What kind of question is that?
: It's fine... Do you have one or not?
: Umm... Honestly, I've never seriously thought about it.

: Heh, you're such a kid. If you did have one, I was gonna tell you to take good care of her, but I guess it's a bit too soon for you...
: But when you do have one someday, make sure you take good care of her. Don't be like me... I...I've lost two important women...

Oh yeah... Peko committed her crime because...his little sister was killed...

: Whoa there, don't feel sorry for me. It's not like I wanted to make this awkward.

: But, if my sister was still alive, I'd really want you guys to meet her. You'd probably be...shocked.
: If you put it like that...she must've been one hell of a sister.
: Do you know what my sis's Ultimate talent was? She was the Ultimate Little Sister. Isn't that funny?
: The Ultimate Little Sister...? How was she an awesome little sister?

: It's hard to put it into words exactly... Anyway, she was definitely an amazing sister. She was always making a fool out of me, but it was always cute when she'd need my help. Plus...if she cooked fried noodles during the temple festival, a huge line would form outside the temple...
: And she got an insane number of contracts from hand towel companies, y'know? She was self-centered, selfish...extremely arrogant... But even so, she had this subtle way of making people do what she wanted.
: She definitely deserved to be called the Ultimate Yakuza... Within the clan...she was even called the reincarnation of my uncle, who was the most powerful of the Kuzuryus.
: The most powerful of the Kuzuryus... I'd like to know more about that, too.

: It's before my time so I don't really know the details, but... Apparently...he was known as the "Overlord of the South." They say his final confrontation with the detective who was pursuing him nearly destroyed the world.
: Well, that's obviously just a rumor.

Of course it's just a rumor... That'd be outrageous if it wasn't.

: Well, anyway, she was a really annoying little sister who pissed me off... But even so...she was the only little sister I ever had. Even when a faction within the Kuzuryu Clan wanted to make her our next leader... She said this: "I don't want to lead the clan. The reason I'm so amazing is because I'm your sister..."
: Heh...she said that even though she was better than me at everything.
: To you, your sister must've truly been the Ultimate Little Sister.
: Heh, maybe.
: But still...when she said that to me, I couldn't accept it. All I could do was yell at her and say, "You lead! I can live by myself!"

: Just...how small was I...?
: Fuyuhiko...
: Tch... Why am I even talking to you about this...?
: It's probably...you know...that harmless-looking face of yours...
: Is that a compliment or an insult?
: ...Who knows?

: Well anyway, sorry about that. I guess I got all sentimental and poo poo after all.
: ...I really don't mind. If you think I look like someone who's easy to talk to, then I'll listen to you as much as you want.
: Tch, don't act like hot poo poo, you virgin.
: I see...so you're not...

: ...Sh-Shut up! Don't talk back to me so calmly!

Even though it's happening gradually, I know Fuyuhiko is slowly opening up to me. Once again, I feel like I was able to understand Fuyuhiko a little bit...

After changing the subject and talking about other things for a while, I returned to my room.

: Looks like I have some free time... What should I do now?

: For the next event, Fuyuhiko is in his cottage.

*Ding-dong!*

: Yeah, come in!

: He's got a pretty nice place. My favorite detail are the bottles of some liquid and wine glasses on the shelf in back.

: So we're capturing Nagito tonight, huh... I should try to calm down and preserve my energy.

What should I do? Should I invite Fuyuhiko to hang out?

> Invite Fuyuhiko to hang out.

: Sure, I don't mind... It's not bad...no, actually it's pretty fun.

I talked to Fuyuhiko about random things over drinks. Looks like Fuyuhiko and I grew a little closer...

: I like to think that they spent the afternoon drinking the present I gave him in the morning.

> Definitely!

Gold Coated Sheath: A bamboo sword sheath with a beautiful gold finish on the part where the blade is inserted.

: Tch...I don't really want to owe you any favors...
: Well, you probably won't pose a threat later, so I'll just gratefully accept it.
: This present has a Good rating.

: Hey Hajime. What's the first thing you want to do when you get out of here?
: Hmm, let's see... First I want to find a safe place to relax and get some decent sleep.
: That sounds great to me. Jeez...compared to this place, I'd rather stay at a prison.
: ...That's an odd comparison. At least this place has soft beds, a beautiful ocean, and entertainment...
: Heh, you're right.
: ...What about you? What are you doing to do?

: Me? First...I'm going to visit my sister's grave. I also need to hold a funeral for Peko, even though there's nothing left of her. ...And for Mahiru, as well.
: I see...you're right.
: ...
: Hey, Hajime...

: I...think you're pretty awesome, y'know. When it comes to me and the others, at least we know where our confidence is coming from. But you... That part of you is missing... But despite that, you don't let it get to you. You've kept a cool head throughout all this so far.
: ...You're giving me way too much credit. I'm just trying to endure everything the best I can.
: That's what I'm talking about. It's amazing enough that you're even able to endure all this.

: I blindly rushed into revenge...without thinking things through, with no concern for anything else... And in the end...I can't take back the consequences of that decision.
: But...after seeing you and the others keep it together... I feel like I'm starting to see what I need to be focusing on right now. We will definitely survive and escape from here... And I'll do anything to make that happen...

: If not, Peko, Mahiru... Everyone's death will go to waste.

And that's when I realized. This wasn't the same Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu I met when we first arrived at this island... This is a man who has overcome great hardships.

What can I do...from now on...? ...I still don't know. But I do know what I can say right now.

: Fuyuhiko...let's definitely escape this island, okay? And when we do...would it be all right if we visited their graves together?
: Huh...?

: Yeah...I'm sure that would make them happy.
: And Hajime... That part of you may be missing, but I think there's still something there... Because I was able to talk to you like this, and I was able to reflect on my past... And from there, I'm able to move forward.
: That's it... Maybe your talent is that you're the Ultimate Counselor.
: What the heck...? I don't want a talent like that. That sounds like it'd be stressful...

: Haha, I think it's totally perfect for you.

Our somber conversation took an unexpected, lighthearted turn, and we laughed harder than we had in a while.

: I guess this Free Time is really meant to be viewed before the revelations about Hajime's lack of an Ultimate ability. Oh well it's not really a big deal

I parted ways with Fuyuhiko and returned to my room for now...

No Music.

Looks like it's starting to get dark...

*Ding dong*

: ...The doorbell? Is someone here?

Instinctively, my entire body tensed up. I knew it was probably someone like Sonia or maybe Kazuichi, but regardless, I was nervous...

: Not that I can help it... I mean, so much has happened since we arrived at this island...

While mumbling to myself, I quietly opened my cottage door...

: Why hello there, Hajime.
: N-Nagito!?

Wh-Why...? Why is he here...?

: ...This is bad.

: You... What are you doing here...?
: ...You sure ask weird questions.
: I mean...you guys all have business with me, right?
: ...Huh?

: Chiaki invited me to the lobby. She said she had something she wanted to talk to me about. Everyone put her up to that, right?

He's already found out about our plan...!

: Looks like...that's a bingo, huh?

: But it's good timing. I have some business with you guys, too.
: You do...?
: If everyone's already at the lobby, that saves me a lot of trouble.
: And...I want you to come to the lobby too, even though you're not directly involved with the plan...
: You...even know that...

: Just as I thought...you were left out, huh. But that's understandable.
: Since you're the only one who isn't an Ultimate, you've basically been left out from the start.
: I'm only joking... Don't make such a scary face.
: Your joke...isn't funny.

: You shouldn't take me so seriously.
: Oh well... Anyway, let's hurry over to the lobby. I don't know the details of your plan, so I'm actually looking forward to it. I wonder what you guys are going to do to me.
: When we first arrived at this island, we were friends who explored this place together! So let's go already!
: ...Fine, let's go.
: ...Yeah.

I don't know what he's thinking, but as long as we capture him, we'll have the advantage. I won't let him do as he pleases anymore...!

: Next time: I...have a bad feeling about this...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 28, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think the capture will go off perfectly, Nagito will get all tied up. But later, assuming he is guarded there will be some kind of distraction which will lure the guard(s) away... just a guess at least. But actually it would have to be a very carefully thought out distraction so that it's not obvious someone is missing.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I dont't think Monokuma pet can die from having too much despair.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...man, I've suddenly got this fear that he's somehow already incapacitated everybody.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Compared to the previous chapter, Komaeda's ribbing on Hajime's lack of a talent here feels less condescending than before.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Compared to the previous chapter, Komaeda's ribbing on Hajime's lack of a talent here feels less condescending than before.

Probably because he has bigger things to worry about like whatever he's planning.

And Nagito showing up like that also made me incredibly nervous.

It's kind of amazing how much dread he can inspire just by showing up.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

FPzero posted:

: Well anyway, sorry about that. I guess I got all sentimental and poo poo after all.
: ...I really don't mind. If you think I look like someone who's easy to talk to, then I'll listen to you as much as you want.
: Tch, don't act like hot poo poo, you virgin.

I'm glad you're spending time with Fuyuhiko; his Free Time events are probably my favourite in the entire game, and this in particular is one of my favourite exchanges. I hated the visual headache of being trapped in the Funhouse in Chapter Four, but in a way I'm grateful for it, because it pushed me into spending time with him. I'd already got all of Nagito and Sonia's events, my efforts to hang out with Chiaki failed because most of her events involve going somewhere else, I hated Kazuichi and I wasn't particularly interested in Akane or Nekomaru, so I went, 'Well, fine, I suppose I'll talk to Fuyuhiko,' and his events very quickly shot him up to become one of my favourite characters.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Yo, you forgot to post the ratings for the presents you gave Fuyuhiko here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: I...think you're pretty awesome, y'know. When it comes to me and the others, at least we know where our confidence is coming from. But you... That part of you is missing... But despite that, you don't let it get to you. You've kept a cool head throughout all this so far.
: ...You're giving me way too much credit. I'm just trying to endure everything the best I can.
: That's what I'm talking about. It's amazing enough that you're even able to endure all this.

: I guess this Free Time is really meant to be viewed before the revelations about Hajime's lack of an Ultimate ability. Oh well it's not really a big deal

I dunno, considering that line, I think it works both ways. Everyone knows what sets them apart from most people because they know their ultimate abilities. But Hajime doesn't have one/know his and he's still keeping it together pretty well despite that.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I wonder if there are any characters whose talent is just a character trait, as not necessarily being an Ultimate talent, being taken up to 11 due to memory manipulation shenanigans. Basically Cabin in the Woods drugs that turn you into a character archetype/ make you want to split up the party.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno, considering that line, I think it works both ways. Everyone knows what sets them apart from most people because they know their ultimate abilities. But Hajime doesn't have one/know his and he's still keeping it together pretty well despite that.

ANd you could also translate it as him trying to comfort Hajime about his lack of an ultimate talent. I’m not even sure most of the kids even believe Nagito. I mean, they all have good reason not to.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I think FPZero meant because of this line.

FPzero posted:

: That's it... Maybe your talent is that you're the Ultimate Counselor.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You could always read that as a joke after the reveal.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Alternatively like the ending of the first game you’re being “given” an Ultimate Title by an Ultimate.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Fabulousvillain posted:

I wonder if there are any characters whose talent is just a character trait,

You mean like Ultimate Lucky Student?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Nagito is being so helpful and cooperative about this getting captured thing, I'm not seeing the problem here?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Nagito is also very jolly about murders happening, and willing to help in arrangement of said murder. Probably smartest of the remaining bunch too. Ergo, him going willingly along obviously means it's just according to keikaku.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

1234567890num posted:

I dont't think Monokuma pet can die from having too much despair.

This is correct. It's a trait unique to Monokuma.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: I don't know what you guys are planning but like I said, I also need to talk to you guys about something.
: Isn't that a strange coincidence? It's like there's something we both need to tell each other...

I won't let him do as he pleases anymore...!

: Crap... This isn't going to end well is it.

If Chiaki has summoned Nagito, then the plan has already started... Fuyuhiko and Akane should be waiting inside for Nagito...

: What happened, Hajime...? What are you so nervous about...?
: I'm...not nervous...
: Haha...you're a terrible actor... Oh well... If you're going to slow down like that, I'll go inside first.

Music fades out.

As I hesitated in front of the door, Nagito walked past me and entered the hotel lobby.

And that's when it happened...

: ...All right, I got him!
: Um... What are you doing?
: Don't judge us for this...but we're gonna tie you up!
: Haha, tie me up?
: Th-There's no use struggling!
: ...But I'm not struggling.
: Huh...?
: Wh-What the hell...? You're being strangely cooperative...
: Wh-Who cares!? Just tie him up before it's too late!
: You guys are really disappointing... How long are you going to continue behaving so shortsightedly? You gotta look at the big picture, you know...
: Huh? What are you talking about?
: It's fine if you don't understand... You can just see the end without knowing. Now then, let's begin! The beginning of the end of Jabberwock Island!

And that's when it happened. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bright light...

The air shook.

An explosion of darkness overtook me, and I was unable to see anything. I probably...lost consciousness. Shortly after the impact, I managed to open my eyes slightly.

: Wh-What's...going on...?

...are the words that left my mouth, but they vanished before they ever reached my ears. They were drowned out by the sound of terrifying laughter.

I looked up and saw the source of that laughter...

: Haaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! It's amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
: It's over. This is the end. The killings are done for good! Scapegoating the weak in the name of "justice," while fearing when the others will stab you in the back... This game of self-righteous hypocrisy ends now! And to do that...I will destroy Jabberwock Island!
: ...!? Wh-What do you mean...?
: That was just a little demonstration. That's why it's the beginning of the end... The actual bomb I'm going to use isn't nearly as weak.

A-Actual...?

Bomb...?

: I've set up a large number of bombs in a certain area of the island. If all those bombs explode, the force will be enough to wipe out this entire island!
: Wh-What the hell are you saying...!? If you do that...!
: Of course, I doubt we'll walk away from this unharmed... But...there's no other way. The actor is expected to leave the stage during the finale.
: I-Is this bastard...serious...!?
: N-Nagito... Please stop...!
: A-Are you...crazy or somethin'...!?
: No...that's...not it... I'm not the crazy one here... The one who's really crazy is--

: My my, this guy...
: I'm totally shocked! Seriously, I'm totally shocked! That's all I can say about this turn of events!

: The bombs I set are timed! They're set to go off in two days at noon! I've prepared so many powerful bombs that the one that just exploded doesn't even compare... According to my calculations, they're powerful enough to blow up an entire island! Which means in two days at noon, this island is destined to sink into the sea!
: Are you...serious...?
: Do you really think I'd go this far for a joke?
: Wh-Where...where did you set 'em up...?

: Mmmm...I can't tell you...
: It'd be easy to leave you on your own, but it just wouldn't be fair if I did that! So how about this? If the traitor comes forward and reveals their identity to me, I'll tell them where I hid the bombs!
: ...Huh?

: Ha-wa-wa! What in the world is going on!? I-Is everyone all right!?
: C'mon, c'mon! Don't get in the way! Nagito was in the middle of weeding out the traitor!
: Ha-wa-wa!? N-Nagito...? What are you planning to do?
: ...Do I really have to say it?

: I-It's no use... I mean...the traitor shouldn't be able to reveal their identity on their own...
: ...Hm? What does that mean?
: My, my... You guys are totally eyeing each other and letting sparks fly. I'm gettin' all hot and bothered...
: D-Don't just stand there... Why don't you stop him...?

: ...Huh? Stop him? Why do I have to stop him?
: The rules, remember? The same blackened can only kill a maximum of two people... If he blows up the entire island... Th-That's going to kill way more than just two people...
: I see, you sure have a good memory... Like you said, if any student breaks that rule, I have to punish them severely!

: But that's only *when* someone breaks that rule, right? You can't punish someone for breaking a rule before they've broken it, right?
: Yep! Saying you're gonna break the rules isn't against the rules!
: So right now, there's no way I can punish this!
: Wh-What the hell...!?
: Punishment always happens afterward, not before! That's just the rules of society, right!?

: But even so, there's no need to worry about that in the first place. As long as the traitor comes forward, this can all be resolved peacefully...
: It'll all be fine... I'm pretty sure everything will work out in the end... After all the time we've spent together, I believe in you guys.
: And more than anything...I believe in my Ultimate Luck! So...it's definitely going to be all right... *leaves*

After he said that...Nagito walked away. He just...walked away... I couldn't even stop him...

I felt...afraid of Nagito.

The madness emanating from Nagito's body was seeping into my bones. I...never expected him to go this far...

: Puhuhu, Nagito is so reliable! I don't have to do anything cuz he's shaking things up!

: Th-That bastard...I'll never forgive him...!
: D-Dammit...! Is he loving serious about those bombs...!?
: A-As long as the traitor comes forward...he'll say where the bombs are...right? I-Is that his goal...?

: Th-Then...I'm begging you guys... It doesn't matter who does it...someone just has to come forward... Hey...I'm begging you guys...

No matter how long we waited...no one was willing to come forward.

What Nagito said yesterday... "I'll weed out the traitor, even if it costs me my life!" I...finally understand what he meant...

Nagito took this entire island hostage, and created a situation where the traitor has to come forward. That is Nagito's goal... But...what is he planning to do if the traitor doesn't come forward?

Is he really...going to blow up the entire island...?

: My motto is to do a good deed every day. When I was at a bar and shouted, "Can I get a Sam!", the female bartender happily answered, "Sure thing!" It makes me so happy when someone else is this happy! Doing a good deed every day is awesome!
: But inside... That woman probably thought I was a loser for sitting alone at a cheap bar in the middle of the night. Dammit! I can't keep up with this crap! Hey sweetcheeks, gimme another Sam! Huuuh!? Not a Sam Adams! I'm obviously talking about raw salmon!
: And here's some good news for you! I have imbued the smell of vanilla into the Monokuma plushies. It'd effective aromatherapy, and it'll definitely calm everyone's nerves if they're agitated. Available in the near future!
: That's it for Monokuma's Shopping Corner.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
This moment was one of the best, really.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well. That escalated quickly

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
loving welp.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
how did "my only talent is luck" build bombs powerful enough to blow up an island without anyone noticing

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

He got lucky

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Seems far more likely he just happened to find enough live munitions from the military island to work this out. Or hell, he could be pulling the ultimate bluff on everyone involved and only had enough for this.... demonstration I guess.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Also, kaz getting tossed by the explosion is amazing

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Chapter 5 in Dangit RonPaul, means it's time to blow poo poo up :black101:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:stare:

I was not expecting "Nagito BLOWS UP THE ISLAND" to be the thing which happened. I was also not expecting Souda and the others to be right about Nagito being really dangerous and in need of tying up.

I think what Monomi might have been trying to say is that the traitor doesn't remember being the traitor because of the memory wipe. Also there's one thing that Nagito might not have been considering: Someone might kill him in the hopes that they can escape before the bombs go off. It might not even be the traitor.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I've been waiting for this moment. There's a reason why Nagito is my favorite Dangan Ronpa character.

Also, if you haven't, be sure to listen to the audio of Nagito's speech. Bryce Papenbrook may be more known for playing heroic characters, but he is so much better at playing insane ones.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FPzero posted:

: I-It's no use... I mean...the traitor shouldn't be able to reveal their identity on their own...
: ...Hm? What does that mean?

So the traitor doesn't know who they are?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
gently caress you Monomi, you DO have to say it, no one knows what you're talking about and not saying anything means you're protecting the traitor and giving people more reason not to trust you.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

mcclay posted:

loving welp.

I keep waffling you know- on whether this chapter is my favorite chapter in this entire series... or the next one is.

Either way... :getin:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I've been waiting so long for this update because it can all be summed up like so:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

She's working for/with the traitor, of course she's protecting them.

Of course the secrecy nonsense is completely counter to their probable goals at this point so she's still an idiot. But that applies to the whole game after monokuma showed up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is my favorite part of the game. You think Nagito can't possibly get crazier.

And then

:allears:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

FoolyCharged posted:

She's working for/with the traitor, of course she's protecting them.

Of course the secrecy nonsense is completely counter to their probable goals at this point so she's still an idiot. But that applies to the whole game after monokuma showed up.

Nagito gets his memory back.

Turns out he's the traitor.

The traitor that let everyone get kidnapped in the first place, ruining the original Despair Plan.

Alternatively, he's the traitor to the Future Foundation that caused them to go under. A traitor to an organization that seems to no longer exist.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Buckle up for Nagito's wild ride :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

BlazeEmblem posted:

I've been waiting for this moment. There's a reason why Nagito is my favorite Dangan Ronpa character.

Also, if you haven't, be sure to listen to the audio of Nagito's speech. Bryce Papenbrook may be more known for playing heroic characters, but he is so much better at playing insane ones.

:agreed: on all counts except I have to once again recommend looking up the Japanese audio. Just because this is one of the absolute best moments and Ogata Megumi totally nails it.

• Locked thread