Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Thrifting Day! posted:

Subs are $3.99 until midnight tonight for anyone currently looking to sign up to F4W

I'm kind of upset because my sub expired on Saturday after the black Friday sale ended, so I resubbed at normal price because I figured the sale was done. Why doesn't it just run all weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Between The Sheets is about 1998 this week. Goldberg is definitely losing to Nash but who knows what will follow?

quote:

there was also serious talk that the end result of this would be for Nash to re-join the black & white at that point and possibly even hand the belt to Hogan, and this was the first time it was made clear that wasn't happening.
:wcw:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Those dave stories :allears:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

algebra testes posted:

I like the one that seemed to imply Kevin Von Erich wanted to put the claw on him.

I love Dave story time.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave embarrassing his son by getting recognized in Hot Topic is :discourse:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Incessant Excess posted:

Dave embarrassing his son by getting recognized in Hot Topic is :discourse:

Yeah this was really great.

I've been off for a while but the sale would get me to the Christmas show so I hopped back on now and am glad I was there to hear this.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I was listening to best of 2016 the other day and the thing about how if Rock actually got elected president Dave "would like, know the president" and could call him and "tell him what tapes to watch" filled me with so much glee that I almost wanted to call out of work and listen to that clip all day.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think my favorite one was Dave deciding that Bryan Alvarez's purpose in life should be to make sure that Eric Bischoff doesn't speak at Dave's funeral.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan having no idea what a CHUD is on the latest Bryan and Vinny :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i thought the turtles joke was better but they were both fantastic

and bryan got neither of them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think my favorite one was Dave deciding that Bryan Alvarez's purpose in life should be to make sure that Eric Bischoff doesn't speak at Dave's funeral.

:lol: what show was this on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't remember the date but it was the WOR where they were talking about Hulk giving an effective eulogy for Randy Savage at the WWE HOF or something.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nice moment in the second last show where Dave asked Bryan how his Thanksgiving was and they had a friendly little chat for 5 minutes.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

algebra testes posted:

Would 100% listen to a podcast that was nothing but inane Dave Meltzer stories. He used to do it more often but now only tells one when it's REALLY exciting like his brother selling a worked punch or his son getting embarrassed in Hot Topic.

Actually that's a point, what the gently caress is Dave Meltzer buying in Hot Topic lol

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
He wanted to see how the Bullet Club merch was selling. What I'm curious about is how (and I guess why) a Hot Topic manager is working the name Dave Meltzer into conversations with his staff.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Karmine posted:

He wanted to see how the Bullet Club merch was selling. What I'm curious about is how (and I guess why) a Hot Topic manager is working the name Dave Meltzer into conversations with his staff.

he is a guy who is both tied to the young bucks and lives in the area, it's believable that a fan of the YB would name drop him.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Karmine posted:

I don't think he's worked into any of their retail merch but they're wrestling fans in general Meltzer would probably come up, and especially if they're Bullet Club/Young Bucks fans they've probably heard about the Meltzer Driver or seen the Bucks wearing tights plastered with Big Dave's face and etc.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Would 100% listen to a podcast that was nothing but inane Dave Meltzer stories. He used to do it more often but now only tells one when it's REALLY exciting like his brother selling a worked punch or his son getting embarrassed in Hot Topic.

Actually that's a point, what the gently caress is Dave Meltzer buying in Hot Topic lol

I really thought for a moment that the Big Ryck story was going to end with Ryck legit punching Dave's brother and telling him to tell Dave to stop burying him. Big Ryck is probably a pretty chill guy and wouldn't get worked up over someone saying he was a bad worker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just remembered the time Dave was talking to Bryan at like 3 in the morning and suddenly goes,"Hang on somebody's breaking into my house" and after about 30 seconds of rustling papers and muffled talk he comes back and says,"It's my brother" and then proceeds to have a friendly chat with his brother for a few minutes before saying,"By the way we're in the middle of taping a show."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this weeks retro raw is amazing for being the most russoriffic "car crash television" episode ever and so0 much poo poo happening that Bryan missed some thing that Vince wrote down and Vince missed things Bryan wrote down

also Stone Cold as New Jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH7AYkZuERE

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I really hope the segment and finishes counts continue

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Related to Young Bucks chat, I'm catching up on Raven's podcast and it turns out he's a fan of theirs and respects their hustle. Given that he counts as an old-timer now, I thought that was neat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CombineThresher posted:

Related to Young Bucks chat, I'm catching up on Raven's podcast and it turns out he's a fan of theirs and respects their hustle. Given that he counts as an old-timer now, I thought that was neat.

And he has sued WWE several times for things like employee rights and royalties.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/936117648848490496

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/936121167219392512

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 30, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tully & Arn
Mr Wrestling
Killer Karl Kox
Yuji Nagata
Akira Taue

also lol big daddy

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Taue is the Japanese sting

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Obviously, no Lucha inductees have people extremely frustrated.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna laugh if Naito gets in now and not, like, 6 years from now. His last main event flop wasn't that long ago.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Gonna laugh if Naito gets in now and not, like, 6 years from now. His last main event flop wasn't that long ago.

\0/

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/936123969505255424

AJ and/or Naito I guess

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This will upset people:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/936125676733771776

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IF Taue gets in it'll be like every very good Yankee's, Steelers, and Canadiens player getting into the hall when they wouldn't get in on other team cause championships.

Edit: Kenny hitting the ballot next year is going to be interesting but I don't see him as a first ballot. Only guy I active in ring that should get in first ballot is Okada cause well...Okada

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

35 is far too young to evaluate a wrestler's career. Not to echo Dylan Hales, but Dave should have raised the age threshold to 45 and 20 years after you started when he made the 50% rule.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

35 is far too young to evaluate a wrestler's career. Not to echo Dylan Hales, but Dave should have raised the age threshold to 45 and 20 years after you started when he made the 50% rule.

As Todd Martin said on his podcast at the Torch. He thinks Meltzer thinks that will kill off/lessen debate on Wrestlers.

Personally, it is obvious Meltzer at the end of the day wants to sell as many newsletters/subs as possible. Discussing wrestlers candidacy when they are most relevant will drive sales of his newsletter.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Naito is no way near a hall of famer, hell i'm even eh on Shinsuke Nakamura being inducted so early (though he would've gotten in at retirement anyway)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hahahaha all the sad Big Daddy fans

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/936139758845140992

The others are Mike and Ben Sharpe, Pedro Morales and Mark Lewin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nagata jumped from 21% last year to 50% this year so I still have hopes for my Anti-Aging Hero :shobon:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/936144490271735809

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Tully and Arn got less votes than Edge thats just not right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Can't wait for mookieghana to do the math on Sting and AJ's WWE bumps vs. recent death bumps.