Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Revolver Anidav posted:

:agreed: Pod, why are you being so aggro and mean?

But I'm also having a hard time having fun. It really hurts me to see my poor gay dog like this. It's not like he never stopped shitposting before, but when he got down to serious casing business, his posts used to be so clear, so simple and earnest. Now he sounds like he's really overexplaining his points to justify a fake scum case. Please, let him go peacefully.

war changes people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Xad posted:

But do you agree with yourself?

:thunk:
yeah i try not second guess myself too much

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A possible vig or sk in a role madness game makes sense to me. Maybe scum janitored the lynch in trade for their night kill?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wow 90 new posts of nothing.

Boring.

A snooze fest

Do you know what's not boring?

Full claiming Day 2 and getting scum lynched. :siren:

I am Revolver Ocelot- Scum Aligned Traitor

Or at least I was until I got killed last night.

Now I am LIQUID Ocelot - Town Aligned Saulus <<Click for explanation. Welcome to a Bastard Setup gents.

I did have abilities, which have now been stripped. I'm pure vanilla town now.

Unfoooooortunately I've got good news and bad news on that front..

But first! Lets talk about D1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:siren: I was not informed who scum were :siren:
:siren: Scum were informed that I was the traitor :siren:

I have to trust that Birdstrike would not purposely lie to a player.
So I must assume the above info, containt in my D1 role PM, to be true.

The scum team knew I was the traitor.

Guess what I did D1? I was a good little traitor, who tried my very very best to sneak under the radar and find out who scum were to team up; as it would be much harder to drop hints later on.

Here's me asking for scum to make a jokepost reply to try and start feeling things out

Infinitum posted:

Hello I seem to have misplaced my link to scumdoc

Can someone post it here please?

TIA

Here's b-minus1 replying with a joke and talking about not owning any Metal Gear games

To which Xad replies

Xad posted:

Yeah despite me owning the Metal Gear Solid Collection for PS2 (it's just 1-3 bundled in a box) I've only played part of 1 (just past the Psycho Mantis fight? There's a sniper or something?) and Revengeance :v:

Followed by YPM quoting Xad and stating

Your Personal Muse posted:

Wait two people scumslipped and this guy didn’t vote for them?

##vote xad

:smuggo: that’s why they call me scumhunter revolver

HMMMM 2 people 'scumslipped' apparently? Except he's the first to mention it + he mentions the 'revolver' name out of nowhere.
Reading between the lines a bit I believe him to be insinuating that those '2 people' are me and Xad; and not that they are scum for not playing Metal Gear games (Or he'd have made it clearer [Watch YPM try to wiggle out of it by claiming it was])

So that's 2 names on my potential scumbud list already. A good start for Traitor McTraitorface!

Up next here is me blatantly stating I am a traitor who will betray people, hoping to get some quote replies

Infinitum posted:

SSV I will never ever betray your trust

Infinitum posted:

##vote SSV

SirSamVimes posted:

Of course you won't because I trust you to make the most terrible decisions possible

##unvote

Then me posting various Ocelot pics, again hoping to get some quote replies

Infinitum posted:

*A whole bunch of gifs snipped for brevity*

No bites unfortunately.

Then it gets interesting.

YPM replies to NevergirlsOFFICIAL who plays the Third voter is always scum card

It was Inf who is only scum if I don't think he's scum

Its not. If RF is right and has a reason for saying it, its not scummy.

I latch onto it, hoping for some confirmation from a 'scumbud'

Infinitum posted:

If YPM says I'm scum

I'm definitely scum

##vote YPM

:siren: BINGO :siren:

Xad posted:

Sir you appear to have misspelled your own name?

Xad, already on my potential scumbro list, jumps in.

Then we have a long chain of posts you can read by clicking here

:siren: To which St Evan Echoes and flerp jump :siren:

St Evan Echoes posted:

YPM and Infi are 💯 scumbros having a fake slapfight, no doubt about it

flerp posted:

if theres one thing in my heart of hearts its that infi is scum

No doubts about it.

Again you have to read between the lines, a lot, but I took this as scum reaching out to me to try and make it known who they are.

So the list, at this point in time, stands at 4 potential scumbros
- Xad
- YPM
- St Evans Echoes
- flerp

My D1 posting ends here, as I went to bed at this point

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt thankfully the fun continues!

:siren: Oh look. Potential scumbros flerp and Echoes are friends now! And Echoes is my scumbud :siren:

flerp posted:

why hasnt infi been turbo'd yet :confused:

flerp posted:

ok look its cool ur trying to defend ur scumbud but i will not fall for ur trick and switch my vote 4 u

Thanks for confirming Echoes to me flerp!
:allears:

:siren: Not wanting to be outdone. Echoes doubles down on confirmation theatre! :siren:

As much as I despise Inf because he’s awful and the worst and a blight on our community, he will be fun in this game and I will not vote him today

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah you wouldn’t want to lose your scumbro this early

Thanks for confirm YPM as well, Echoes!
:allears:

A lot of discussion follows on alignments, followed by Nevergirls hammering Retro.

============================================

So the good news is I'm pretty loving sure the following dudes are scum
- Xad
- YPM
- St Evans Echoes
- flerp

Xad I'm less sure about as he did not get 'confirmed' to me by the other 3

I even posted their names earlier at the start of the day, so you know this isn't some made up bullshit as I did want to reveal this huge rear end info dump

Infinitum posted:

Hi I have a whole bunch of info to reveal

But I have a meeting in about 10min that will go all day

So let's see who checks in first.

Just putting this here tho for later referencing
YPM
Dad
Flerp

(Phones autocorrect got Xad to Dad, and I forgot Echoes name because he is a new player)

Now the bad news...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because I was sure D1 that YPM, flerp, and Echoes were scum..

I used an ability on YPM.

It grants him a double action the following night.

Including night kills.

So seeing how Larry Curly and Moe did such a good loving job of confirming themselves to their Traitor colleague...

##vote YPM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suck a cock scum :ocelot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr version

- I was a scum aligned traitor with powers that grant double actions
- I died last night, and was informed of such
- I am now purely town aligned Saulus
- I attempted to communicate with the scumteam D1 to find out who they are
- YPM, flerp, and Echoes have 'confirmed' each other to me (Read the long post above to see how)
- Xad to a lesser exent
- I granted YPM double action abilities last night.

:rip: YPM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I will loving laugh my rear end off all the way to the bank if I pegged the scum team D1 through traitor communication shenanigans.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Inf casually coasting through D1" my rear end :colbert:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

How many hours of sleep have you had this last week because that’s some Alex Jones level of insanity my friend

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That's, uh, certainly a reason to suspect that this setup does indeed contain a death miller variant.

I'm too tired to think this through right now but that certainly seems like a good reason to lynch YPM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lets see what town think 'friend' :munch:

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I think the people pushing to vote Inf might have been scum looking for cred. If they knew he was a traitor with Ocelot's flavour, they might have been worried about his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.

flerp looks a bit heavy-handed now. I'd almost think it was too heavy-handed to be scum, except he also seemed to have knowledge of Inf's flavor already. How would he have this knowledge? Scum might not have been expecting Inf to be aware that they already knew who he was, and flerp could try to play it off as lovable shitposting. Maybe it's just another symptom of flerp's tragic scumminess. Beware of side effects like dry mouth, migraines, and heavy hands.

But double-action scum is a big threat. I'm sorry, my dear gay dog. I can't put you to sleep yet.

##vote YPM

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I visited Infinitum with a vaguely defined night action that I don't even know what it does, but I guess it could have possibly killed him???

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i have no clue what any of that is about but i think the conclusion was that we shouldve turboed infi d1????

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Revolver Anidav posted:

I think the people pushing to vote Inf might have been scum looking for cred. If they knew he was a traitor with Ocelot's flavour, they might have been worried about his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.

flerp looks a bit heavy-handed now. I'd almost think it was too heavy-handed to be scum, except he also seemed to have knowledge of Inf's flavor already. How would he have this knowledge? Scum might not have been expecting Inf to be aware that they already knew who he was, and flerp could try to play it off as lovable shitposting. Maybe it's just another symptom of flerp's tragic scumminess. Beware of side effects like dry mouth, migraines, and heavy hands.

But double-action scum is a big threat. I'm sorry, my dear gay dog. I can't put you to sleep yet.

##vote YPM

i said liquid snake because i thought it was funny and its extremely hosed that i was kind of right

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm leaning towards believing Inf, but I just want to say if it is a fakeclaim then that is the best loving fakeclaim I have ever seen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Lets see what town think 'friend' :munch:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1512030777 i call people friend literally all of the time so it’s very very silly to build a case on it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm leaning towards believing Inf, but I just want to say if it is a fakeclaim then that is the best loving fakeclaim I have ever seen

idk infi has made some absurd fake claims in his life so i wouldnt put it passed him but yeah i think hes telling the truth altho his conclusions r uhhhhh really dumb to say the least

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Infinitum posted:

SSV I will never ever betray your trust

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Scum being able to switch to town sounds... Imbalanced

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

idk infi has made some absurd fake claims in his life so i wouldnt put it passed him but yeah i think hes telling the truth altho his conclusions r uhhhhh really dumb to say the least

Oh ok you should have just come out and said "Hi Inf I'm part of the scum team"

I fully admit to reading between the lines

However there are too many 'confirmation' coincidences to ignore

https://i.imgur.com/Ca2F4TU.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Scum being able to switch to town sounds... Imbalanced

I didn't have a choice in the matter if that helps.

Also if you check the wiki it does state it's a Bastard role. So yeah.. this game gunna be funnnnnn

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
infi, heres the simple explanation

i find playing with u tedious at times because u do things like this. which is why i wanted to turbo u. not because i was being a secret breadcrumb of trying to tell you who the scum team or w/e. i wanted to kill you because youre annoying and its rly as simple as that.

namaste

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I feel like that's more likely to be true though I just want to say that it's based on a lot of conjecture.

YPM is probably the best choice today but I'm more wary of Xad.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly im 100% cool with dying today or whatever because itll prove that infi's dumb nonsense was fruitless and that he's an idiot and that's extremely cool by me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

i find playing with u tedious at times because u do things like this.

Make an effort post and play to my win condition?

flerp posted:

honestly im 100% cool with dying today or whatever because itll prove that infi's dumb nonsense was fruitless and that he's an idiot and that's extremely cool by me

How's that janitor role working out for you guys?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly im not gonna get into here, as i dont think its the place because there's a game to play. but youre wrong about me and i cant say anything about anybody else, but youre look into my posts are so between the lines that ur looking through the paper and reading something from a different book.

anyways, i need to go to bed. have fun.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't think flerp is scum but I defo thinks Xad is

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I defo think YPM is at least :v:

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

This is Death Note level shenanigans. Inf is N watching a wall of monitors, trying to find X-Kira.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Only one thing doesn't fit. If you're Liquid Ocelot Inf, how come I'm the one with the extra twitchy arm?

Aaaagh... it's happening again! My arm!

BROTHERS!!

You all thought I was on a break, but I live on... inside this alt!!

Uh, anyway, I just wanted to say - Inf you are a fuckin legend mate. Just stop telling nasty-rear end jokes in Auspol chat so I don't have to feel guilty about not calling you out, ok bud?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What the gently caress is going on

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The craziest thing about Infi’s theory is that the scum knew he was a traitor and then killed him anyway

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

St Evan Echoes posted:

The craziest thing about Infi’s theory is that the scum knew he was a traitor and then killed him anyway

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante + scumkill doesn’t go through for some reason

Why the gently caress am I still awake

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Alternatively SSV killed me and your kill (Because you're scum) got blocked by a whole buncha different roles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goddamn I can't wait to see scumdoc for this game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Inf has made a huge effortpost here, attracting a lot of attention. If he's scum it's a very stupid move, because everybody's focussed on him right now. Of course, I can't also agree that he's sussed out every scum in the game in one day, but he's done some good analysis and I think there's merit to his list.

Long story short I believe Inf's story just because if it's a fakeclaim :psyduck:

I'm a bit suss on Revolver because he's softclaiming? Or something? Plus his meta claims are pinging me something fierce. "I know this person is scum because of game <x> and how they played" is very flimsy justification that may be taking the place of "I know this person is town because I'm scum and other people aren't going to go read entire other games to check my poo poo"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm a bit suss on Revolver because he's softclaiming? Or something? Plus his meta claims are pinging me something fierce. "I know this person is scum because of game <x> and how they played" is very flimsy justification that may be taking the place of "I know this person is town because I'm scum and other people aren't going to go read entire other games to check my poo poo"

You don't have what it takes after all.

You're going down, scum, with this tanker!

• Locked thread