Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, they either need to go all in with Ember and make her a werewolf or dial back the supernatural bits and just make her a wrestler with a cool entrance and gear. Or, only break out the contacts and super cosplay stuff the way they do with The Demon.

They should break out the contracts and cosplay stuff and make her The KISS Demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, they either need to go all in with Ember and make her a werewolf or dial back the supernatural bits and just make her a wrestler with a cool entrance and gear. Or, only break out the contacts and super cosplay stuff the way they do with The Demon.

She could be the next Undertaker now that the Bray Wyatt experiment failed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Bray Wyatt experiment failed because someone got the idea that having a spooky supernatural gimmick means you will always be over enough to eat loss after loss after loss after loss. Ember *really* doesn't want to be the new Undertaker

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
she could be the undertalker b/c her promo work is underachieving

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"blahsomething. Rest. In. Peace." would be an improvement for her.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Tonight on NXT:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935893661476376576
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935954060905197568

I believe they're doing a full taping tonight (and this episode will be live to tape?), so watch for spoilers in the spoilers thread.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

Tonight on NXT:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935893661476376576
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935954060905197568

I believe they're doing a full taping tonight (and this episode will be live to tape?), so watch for spoilers in the spoilers thread.

Nope. Apparently the matches advertised for tonight are just matches taken from the San Antonio show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. Apparently the matches advertised for tonight are just matches taken from the San Antonio show.

oh! this makes a lot of sense, I've been wondering about that for a minute

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If it's just that and another 30 minutes of video packages, I might skip this week. Wasn't really jonesing to see Street Profits/NFL Bros again anyway.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of the big issues post TakeOver is that the show itself gets me all pumped up to watch NXT again, but then the following 2-3 weeks feel like nothing is happening and that there is no real follow-up until we get into the next set of tapings.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, but tonight's tapings will be the last set at Full Sail for a pretty long time. They won't be taping at Full Sail again until April 2018. Next several sets of tapings will take place in Atlanta, Georgia. Venue will be Center Stage.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Maybe the crowd will actually give a poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Kevin Owens shows up again and buries the crowd for being giant pissbabies. In retrospect, that was the peak of his NXT run.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Benne posted:

I hope Kevin Owens shows up again and buries the crowd for being giant pissbabies. In retrospect, that was the peak of his NXT run.

counterpoint:

also the peak of Alex Riley's career

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Vontez Ford made Angelo Dawkins interesting

I gotta wonder what kind of shelf life their gimmick has, though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

also the peak of Alex Riley's career

That was such an incredible and bizarre period. Literally everybody on-air AND off-air was saying,"Riley, what are you doing, you are going to get beat up and fired!" and then he got beat up and fired.

Still, he ended up on GLOW so I guess things worked out okay.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Get rid of the Yo ho vocal track on Kairi’s music and you got yourself a JRPG world music song

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne are really, really, really loving good at wrestling. It's a shame they're both in their late 30s/early 40s.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's extremely easier to wrestle "well" when you are smaller than any man's young son. Dunne and bate are intrinsically vile as they stand.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I'm not big on the iconic duo, but they are good for a light chuckle every so often. Their shirts from today's episode were great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bae

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
bring the torso hair back

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Pray for Lio:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7gk5q7/lio_rush_has_removed_all_wwenxt_wording_from_his/

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/936045547311501312

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

drat that sucks if it's true. As immature as he is I think he has the possibility to be a huge star. That being said dude is barely 23 and I can see him in PWG again.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

well, at least he won't get a "rumble debut".

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Eh, may as well get out now before you're stuck on 205 forever

Real talk, he's super young and this was all obviously a massive learning experience. I won't be surprised if they bring him back in a few years when he's matured. The real loser here is Regal, who apparently pushed hard to sign him.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lol he’s a year older than Velveteen Dream

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man that tag team match was off the charts. That frankensteiner/powerbomb move holy poo poo :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

watching the new episode now and holy poo poo Street Profits vs Sabbateli & Moss is a great match with a hot crowd and I feel bad it's being overshadowed by the other tag match on the ep

oh my god why are they kayfabeing the UK tag team match being set up after the takeover preshow match :psyduck: tbf they are very good promos and I guess I'm generally okay with the idea of them adding an angle around a pretaped house show match

wow what a good-rear end episode, goddamn. also the best peyton singles match in a minute imo

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 30, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

what a tweet

https://twitter.com/PaulElleringWWE/status/936012855245262849

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svG-viyxKJE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

off topic but man I wish Attitude Era did more video-synced reviews like OSW because they are so, so much funnier than OSW ever is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man I was looking forward to seeing Lio on 205 Live, one of the few competent hours of WWE I get to watch every week

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm of the mind that while it sucks that he got cut, it's pretty much his fault for this happening. You don't run your mouth on twitter about a coworker (especially when they were just released and you were just recently signed), and apparently act like an absolute rear end in a top hat behind the scenes. If I recall, Mauro took a jab at Lio on twitter for being a bully to coworkers backstage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Would you expect any less of Mr Dot Com?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm of the mind that while it sucks that he got cut, it's pretty much his fault for this happening. You don't run your mouth on twitter about a coworker (especially when they were just released and you were just recently signed), and apparently act like an absolute rear end in a top hat behind the scenes. If I recall, Mauro took a jab at Lio on twitter for being a bully to coworkers backstage.

Mauro made a comment about how Lio needs to mature. The "bully" part came in when rovert started trying to push this "Mauro is being a bully" narrative on twitter that nobody but him cared about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't remember Trent Seven being quite so fat during the UK tournament. Did he gain weight?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I don't remember Trent Seven being quite so fat during the UK tournament. Did he gain weight?

he was always pudgy but he does seem bigger, yes

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
he should get even bigger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Aphrodite posted:

Even the small WWE contracts will buy a lot of Tesco meal deals

• Locked thread