Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

Agreed. That he'd want Edge to be in and not want someone like Goldberg is his clear bias for work rate over drawing power. Sting was way better and a bigger draw than Edge too.

Goldberg didn't headline a ton of PPVs, and his biggest WCW PPV was down nearly 33% from the year before. (And it wasn't even the largest drawing PPV the company even put on that year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It doesn't.

sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

It's not a problem for lucha because they don't have anybody in that category but some years voting for a non-wrestler, let's say Gary Hart, would count as a vote in the Modern US category, bringing down everyone else in that category's average even if it doesn't count towards your 10 votes. Some years it doesn't.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Suzuki getting in after just recently proving he's not a draw and tanking NOAH business is hilarious imo. Do we have a break down of who voted for him specifically?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Orton and Edge feel like guys that had runs where they felt like HOFer's but it was long enough for them to get in. And for Orton he has too many moments where he was clearly not a HOF'er for him to get in.

Lucha needs a bunch of people going in and the Non-wrestler category shouldn't be taking spots from Wrestlers IMO

To me, at least, Orton really felt on the edge of something big leading up to Wrestlemania 25, then welp, Hunter ended that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also this past years run did Orton no favors. I'm leaning towards him or Nakamura as my most overrated Wrestler of the year

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That really has to be Jinder, come on.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

could listen to a case for Bray but Jinder as the centerpiece of a failed corporate push into India is tough to beat

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't Patterson the only person brave enough to ever bring up that Hunter's push was too strong for how over he was? I feel like I read that from Dave at some point.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jinder's is 100% worst wrestler of the year but I'm not sure on overrated cause everyone but Vince/WWE saw him as terrible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jinder's is 100% worst wrestler of the year but I'm not sure on overrated cause everyone but Vince/WWE saw him as terrible.

The entire point of the award is someone who gets pushed by a promotion despite a lack of talent. It's arguably misnamed but the spirit of the award is clearly "Most Overpushed"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah put that way I agree than. I'll be voting for Jinder's

Bray 100% has worst gimmick tho

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also this past years run did Orton no favors. I'm leaning towards him or Nakamura as my most overrated Wrestler of the year

It's Shane McMahon and I don't think it's really close at this point

At least Jinder is, like, an actual wrestler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah put that way I agree than. I'll be voting for Jinder's

Bray 100% has worst gimmick tho

It's either Sister Abigail or Jason Jordan as Angle's Son and I'm leaning more toward the later because the former never came to fruition.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

It's either Sister Abigail or Jason Jordan as Angle's Son and I'm leaning more toward the later because the former never came to fruition.

Bray had Worst Gimmick wrapped up way before the Sister Abigail poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He may arguably have Worst Match and Worst Feud as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He may arguably have Worst Match and Worst Feud as well.

Worst feud should really be Pierroth vs Diamante Azul but it doesn't have a prayer.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Bray did so many dumb things this year that he should have worst gimmick wrapped up. Any other year Jason Jordan as Angle's son would win it easily I think but Bray just kept coming with the hits. Him dumping "acidic red fluid" on Balor locked it up for me.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bray, more than anyone else in WWE, feels like a character specifically targeted at little children to me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Worst feud should really be Pierroth vs Diamante Azul but it doesn't have a prayer.

it drew halfway decent at least. i skipped most of the summer ppvs but those two major bray feuds lacked any redeeming qualities as they weren't even the fun campy kind of terrible

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

For me I'm not sure if Orton/Wyatt or Orton/Finn is a worse feud. Finn/Wyatt could of been worse if they did the Sister Abagill match but they didn't and Orton/Wyatt had house or horrors so

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bray/Orton's feud outside the matches were weird and interesting, then the matches were just poo poo. Bray/Finn's feud has been like rear end backwards and one sided because Finn kept kicking his rear end, but their matches were okay. The man vs man match was good even though the build up was dumb. If Bray didn't have mumps and walked out at the PPV in a dress and wrestled he'd deserve worst gimmick.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Bray/Orton story was great up until Orton turned on Bray, they really pissed away some good story there

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm not sure if you can count it as a self-fulfilling prophecy but to me Bray never felt believable as champ and then he lost the title shortly after winning it, confirming that belief.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

The Bray/Orton story was great up until Orton turned on Bray, they really pissed away some good story there

The idea that it was just Orton vs. Bray and not Orton vs. Bray vs. Harper the conflicted former follower made it worse and just dropping Harper from the angle altogether hurt the entire feud, but I guess he wasn't supposed to be the real protagonist/get over from the angle.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm not sure if you can count it as a self-fulfilling prophecy but to me Bray never felt believable as champ and then he lost the title shortly after winning it, confirming that belief.
He felt really believable the night he won it but I guess having AJ and Cena put you over in one match will do that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They've dropped the ball on Bray almost since he debuted the character on the main roster. :negative:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The most damning thing you can say about Bray is that almost nobody seems to exit a Bray feud hotter than when they entered.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also applies to Bray himself

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

has Bray ever done anything remotely threatening that didn't result in his rear end getting immediately kicked?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

has Bray ever done anything remotely threatening

no

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Bray's feuds aren't really based on anything; I still have no idea what his program with Orton was about, and that goes double for his program with Finn. Splitting up the Wyatt family for no reason really hurt him, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

has Bray ever done anything remotely threatening that didn't result in his rear end getting immediately kicked?

For about three weeks after he won the title earlier this year it looked like they were finally using him well.... they "fixed" that little problem though. :sigh:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

coconono posted:

There was that one time he tagged with Roman and he did a finger gun at someone and then Roman speared them. That was the only cool or interesting thing he's ever done.

fake edit: this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bray and Roman are apparently great friends so I love the idea of them thinking up that spot.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
All other things equal, Bray vs Finn is the worse feud because Finn is better than Randy so it sucks more that he was in a bad feud.

Plus Randy got smooshed by a fridge and that was cool.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder who is getting most underrated? Hopefully not Cesaro, Harper probably has it locked up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the Usos get some votes for best tag team this year, they deserve it more than any other WWE tag team. You could make a case for them as the best in-ring guys in WWE this year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I hope the Usos get some votes for best tag team this year, they deserve it more than any other WWE tag team. You could make a case for them as the best in-ring guys in WWE this year.

The best tag is clearly CK-1 and anyone arguing otherwise is just a big dum-dum.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cesaro is actually being used okay even if he should be winning major singles titles. The Bar is probably the best WWE has used him.

Maybe Ishii cause Gedo won't give him the IWGP belt even though his work the last 2 years totally deserves at least a short run with the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I honestly think Finn should be most overrated this year.