Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think what Monomi might have been trying to say is that the traitor doesn't remember being the traitor because of the memory wipe. Also there's one thing that Nagito might not have been considering: Someone might kill him in the hopes that they can escape before the bombs go off. It might not even be the traitor.

Yes, all of this. Seems like he just provided a really good motive for the next murder. Although I guess he doesn't even necessarily have to be the target.

Also, gently caress Monomi. I think that is what she tried to say and yet none of the characters seemed to pick up on it and she didn't bother trying to repeat herself and probably won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

So... where's Chiaki? She was pretty dang suspicious at the beginning of the chapter, and now she's the only one who wasn't there to jump Nagito even though she was the bait in the first place.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Insertnamehere31 posted:

So... where's Chiaki? She was pretty dang suspicious at the beginning of the chapter, and now she's the only one who wasn't there to jump Nagito even though she was the bait in the first place.

You think she detonated the first bomb? Hmmm... it could be, or then again it could be Nagito's luck setting the timer to go off at just the most dramatic moment.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

I love Souda being blasted away from the explosion here.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

...Holy loving poo poo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

curiousCat posted:

I love Souda being blasted away from the explosion here.

It's great, the whole thing is animated but it was way too big a gif to upload to LPix and I'm not sure how to make .webm files either. The picture of Nagito standing in front of the fire is also animated, but I opted for the full-body shot instead of just the chest-up animation.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

give head or get dead posted:

Buckle up for Nagito's wild ride :munch:

I want off Mr Komaeda's Wild Ride

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...Nagito, you can't blow up an island. It's resting on top of a mass of land that goes all the way down to the sea floor. Unless you found a volcanic vent or something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

FPzero posted:

I've been waiting so long for this update because it can all be summed up like so:

Ahahahaha

This is so good

Suits this scene to a T.

Nagito only ups the chips as time goes on.

Glazius posted:

...Nagito, you can't blow up an island. It's resting on top of a mass of land that goes all the way down to the sea floor. Unless you found a volcanic vent or something.

He can however kill everyone with the bombs so who cares about the island.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Glazius posted:

Maybe it's pumice.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why doesn't the mastermind have any sense of self-preservation here, either... if this had been DR1, junko would not have allowed a similar situation, how can the mastermind be so secure they don't have to worry about the island.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The mastermind might be loving crazier than Junko

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

or not even on the island itself.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Glazius posted:

Well the perv chef got deep fried in a volcano sooooooo.....

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Hemingway To Go! posted:

how did "my only talent is luck" build bombs powerful enough to blow up an island without anyone noticing

This is the guy who lived through a plane hijacking because a loving meteor strike killed the hijacker (and his parents) and then a few years later found a winning lottery ticket in the trash bag that a serial killer used to kidnap him. Dude's life is loving weird. Suddenly having bombs isn't even in the top ten strangest poo poo he's done.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Glazius posted:

Nah all he has to do is destroy the surface layer above sea level. Then he will have destroyed the island because there would no longer be an island, just a sandbar.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Stroth posted:

This is the guy who lived through a plane hijacking because a loving meteor strike killed the hijacker (and his parents) and then a few years later found a winning lottery ticket in the trash bag that a serial killer used to kidnap him. Dude's life is loving weird. Suddenly having bombs isn't even in the top ten strangest poo poo he's done.

No. He claimed that, but well, as you can see... the guy's nucking futs!

(Also a meteorite killing a plane hijacker would also carry enough kinetic energy to shred the flimsy aluminum tube and destroy the plane anyway.)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Ultimate Luck said "Nagito is still surviving that, gently caress you common sense" :colbert:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

No. He claimed that, but well, as you can see... the guy's nucking futs!

(Also a meteorite killing a plane hijacker would also carry enough kinetic energy to shred the flimsy aluminum tube and destroy the plane anyway.)

An airline steward actually did survive a fall from 33,000ft somehow, so that could be the case with Nagito

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I honestly though Nagito was lying, but since it's Nagito, you can never tell.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

Ultimate Luck said "Nagito is still surviving that, gently caress you common sense" :colbert:
By now I think we can dispense the whole "Ultimate Luck" and call it for what it really is: "The Ultimate Deus Ex Machina".

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

By now I think we can dispense the whole "Ultimate Luck" and call it for what it really is: "The Ultimate Deus Ex Machina".

When the only thing you have is protagonist powers, you may as well abuse the gently caress out of it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like that his luck really is ultimate - both bad and good. Naegi in the first game had general luck - you won a lottery and you lock was broken, whup-de-doo, that's average level luck. Anyone in the country could have been in that position - Nagito however has luck that is off the scale. Truly, his luck is the be-all-and-(literally here)end-all, the alpha and omega of fortune. Lady Luck is always there for him, which means he's there to be hit with her mood-swings as well.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I think the poster from a while back who defined it best had it right with ‘nagito gets what he wants from his luck, naegi gets what he needs’.

I didn’t like this scene as much as I could have cause my dumb brain kept going ‘why don’t they just go to the 3rd island at the last minute to wait it out then?’ Presumably the bombs actually are big enough to take out all the islands but a idk a plural in the translation somewhere would have been nice.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Robindaybird posted:

An airline steward actually did survive a fall from 33,000ft somehow, so that could be the case with Nagito

I need a link to this.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87 She holds the known record for the highest fall of a human being without a parachute.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Nagito is LOVING THIS poo poo

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 1, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

: ...

I've been resting since the explosion yesterday, but my body still hurts... A dull, metallic sound is ringing in my ears and the back of my head feels hot... I can't think straight.

: But...I can't afford to spend the whole day resting.

I immediately left my cottage.

: Kazuichi is out and about.

: Hey, it's you, right? You're the traitor, aren't you!?
: Wh-What the hell are you saying...!?
: C'mon! Just admit it already! If you don't, we're all gonna die!
: I-I'm not the traitor...!

: Ugh...I'm begging you... It doesn't matter who admits it...just save me...
: G-Get a hold of yourself, Kazuichi. Complaining won't change anything, okay?
: I know that! But what else can we do!?
: We need to think about that with the others. So...let's hurry over to the restaurant.

: Ugh... Dammit! *leaves*

: Akane's out here too.

: Oh, it's you...
: You're covered in sweat.
: I was lookin' for Nagito! This traitor stuff bugs the crap outta me!

: I just have to beat him up...and make him tell us where the bombs are...! But I can't find him anywhere...! Is he hidin' or something?
: Dammit...I'm startin' to get hungry. Maybe I should go back to the restaurant... *leaves*

Akane looks pretty frustrated. I guess that makes sense...after what happened yesterday...

: Dammit...what's going to happen to us now...!?

: I wonder what the inside looks like after last night...

: Oof.

Even the reception desk was caught in the explosion... It's not really a problem since no one was using it, but it sure is messed up...

Looks like the arcade machine was too close to the explosion. I don't think it's going to work anymore... Chiaki's probably the most upset about it.

: Speaking of...

She's quietly staring at the arcade machine with sad eyes...

: ...G'morning, Hajime.
: Did this arcade machine break?
: It was too close to the explosion. I guess it couldn't take it. Man, this arcade machine was really popular, and it was so tough that even an elephant couldn't damage it...
: But...if it's broken, I can't do anything about it... I guess that's just how it is... *leaves*

Her shoulders are sagging pretty low...

: And then the restaurant isn't damaged at all. Okay game, sure.

: Yo Hajime... How are you feeling?
: Not good...but not so bad that I can't move.
: Then...you're okay.
: I'm not okay at all! My ears are seriously ringing!
: My eardrum is definitely ruptured... I need to hurry and have a doctor look at it...

: So...what should we do now?
: What can we do...?

Music cuts out.

: How troubling... If the traitor would just come forward, this problem would be resolved in no time.
: N-Nagito!? When did you--!?

: Good morning... I came to motivate you guys since you're just laying around. Didn't I tell you yesterday that the bombs are set to go off in two days at noon? Well, you've got one day left. C'mon, you better hurry.
: H-Hurry...? I'm not the one who has to come forward, the traitor does, right...?
: Well, that's probably true... But even if this does depend on the traitor, your attitudes aren't admirable at all...
: I mean...real hope is when you confront a hopeless difficulty that's standing before you, right? And despite that, you guys are already ready to give up. What does that mean?

: Or...is this your limit? If so, it makes me laugh to think I ever called you symbols of hope.
: You bastard... You better knock it off...!
: Now now, keep your shirt on... I took the time to bring you guys a valuable hint. Wouldn't it be bad if I changed my mind?

...Huh? Did he just say...hint?

: It's best if we hurry and get the hint...
: ...I think. Akane looks like she's ready to tackle him.

: Hey, it's okay if I punch him, right? Right? Right...?
: Calm down Akane! You might feel better after punching Nagito, but if we can't find the bombs, we'll--
: Then...I'll just beat the crap outta him after we find the bombs...!

: Dammit... Nagito's holding all the cards here...!

: He...said "hint" just now, right? Right!? L-Let's hurry up and find out what it is!

: For now...we should learn what this hint is! If so, we can find the bombs instead of searching for a traitor who does not even exist.

: That's enough commentary from the peanut gallery, let's see what Nagito has for us.

: Nagito...what's your hint?
: Oh, you finally have hope? That makes me happy.
: Wh-Who friggin' cares about that!? Hurry up and tell us what the hint is!

: Well it's about the bomb's hiding place... I hid it somewhere you guys haven't been before.
: ...Somewhere we have not been before?
: I don't need any hints...

: Just tell us the answer! If you don't, I'll make you spit it out!
: St-Stop it...! What are we gonna do if he sets off another bomb!?
: Good judgment.

: If you guys have time to pick a fight with me, then you should start searching for the bombs already.
: Then I'll just...crush you to pieces later...!
: How scary.

: ...Why did you give us a hint?
: Well, if the traitor sees their friends working hard, they may feel inclined to come forward, you know?
: Who cares? The traitor might not even exist... All we need to do is find the drat bombs...!
: Let's go...!
: Take care...

: Oh, by the way, I'll be waiting here, so if you want to reveal yourself, come see me anytime...
: ...Mister or Miss Traitor.

We left the restaurant as Nagito's muffled laughter trailed behind us.

: Kazuichi...why did you stop me...!?
: Huh? What are you talking about...?
: If you hadn't stopped me, I coulda crushed Nagito to pieces!
: You're too fired up, dumbass! Calm the gently caress down, at least!

: More importantly... Let us all head over to the ancient ruin!
: ...Huh? The ruin?
: Nagito said that the bombs are hidden somewhere we have never been before.

: If that is the case...the inside of that ruin is the only place I can think of.

: No...there was one other place, too. What is it again...? That castle at the amusement park... What's its name...?
: Are you talkin' about that Natsume Castle!?
: You don't get it at all! He friggin' means Nezumi Castle!
: Then...we have those two places to choose from... But we won't be able to enter the ancient ruin without a password. What should we do?
: A password, huh... I'm guessing we still don't have any clues to that?

: That probably goes for Nagito too. He wouldn't be able to enter without the password either...right? If that's the case...it's hard to think that the bombs were set inside the ancient ruin, right? So...we should try going to Nezumi Castle first.
: But...isn't that dangerous? I mean...what if that was Nagito's trap all along?
: Monokuma's trap...Monomi's trap...and now Nagito's trap...

: If we keep worrying about poo poo like that, we won't get anything done, dumbass!
: You're totally fired up too...
: TOO!

: Anyway...we should try going there at least. We don't have time to stand around doing nothing.
: All right, full speed ahead!
: FULL SPEED AHEEEEAD!

*Everyone leaves*

...All right, we'll tackle Nezumi Castle first.

: We just have to make our way over to the 4th Island.

: Kazuichi stopped on the other side of the bridge for some reason.

: Hey, don't you think this is definitely a trap? Like, once we go inside the castle...KABOOM!
: No, I don't think that's going to happen. Nagito wants to weed out the traitor, not kill us all at the same time.
: That's true but...he's crazy, you know?
: Anyway, we need to keep trying and head over there.
: Ugh... In the end, we still have to go... *leaves*

Anyway...let's go to Nezumi Castle!

: H-Hey...check it out...!

: Th-The entrance is destroyed...!
: It's been blown to bits, as if someone set off a bomb...

: If that's true...looks like this place was spot on.
: Th-Then the bombs are inside here...!
: That's what it looks like...
: Then let's try going inside. ...But we need to be careful. We need to pay as much attention as we can.
: You're right...

: A quick survey of everyone's thoughts before we go in.

: How can you grip the trousersnake if you do not enter its den!?
: ...Huh, what are you talking about?
: It is a saying for situations like this, right? When you know there is danger but you still must face it!
: ...What does "grip the trousersnake" mean anyway?
: Um, that should just be "snake"...

: Hoooold it!
: The way she said it is just fine! If you don't correct her...she'll say it as many times as you want!
: You...
: Good job, Hajime. Miss Sonia's words just now have been etched onto my heart.
: ...Ah, I see.

He's trying to ease everyone's tension... That's pretty considerate of him...or is it?

: :doh:

: What, are you scared? Do you want me to go first?
: No, it's fine...

: Did Nagito destroy the door? He sure did a thorough job...

: It's not like we know for certain that the bombs are in there... Let's go see what's inside for now.

: But still... He didn't even try to hide the door he destroyed...
: D-Don't you think it's a trap!? M-Maybe as soon as we go inside... KABOOM!
: Like I said, if you keep worrying about poo poo like that, you won't get anything done. Just prepare for the worst...!

: ...Then let's go!

After forcing a dry swallow, I nervously stepped through the door...

And there...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
And there!?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

What a cliffhanger

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And there....

WAS A TROUSER SNAKE AAHHHHHH SONIA WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG WE HAVE STEPPED INTO THE TROUSER SNAKE DEN AND ALL OUR DENIM IS THUS ENVENOMED AHHHHHHH

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

And there.....

Was the Nonary Game? :v:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Isn't this Nezumi castle a place where Monokuma can't go either? Because he was all 'Noooooo, mice will chew on meeee!' or something.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: What is this place...? I thought the inside would look more lighthearted than this...

: The ambiance feels similar to that of a temple or a church. However... Is it just me, or does it seem like there are no bombs to be found here?
: No, it's not just you...
: If the bombs are strong enough to blow up the entire island, they should be pretty big... But I don't see anything. I don't see a place where they could be hidden either.
: Then...the bombs aren't here!?

The bombs aren't here...? But even so... I feel like...there's something suspicious here!

But why...? It feels like this place is different somehow... This feeling... It's the same feeling I felt when I first saw that ancient ruin.

There's a huge Nordic-looking spear on the wall. It looks a little flashy but... I have a strong feeling that this spear isn't just for decoration.

: Anyway...it's really strange-looking. There's some kind of cord attached to the end of the handle...

: This weapon is designed to capture an opponent using the cord as a whip just before you deliver the final blow.
: So it's like a chain sickle...?
: However, you must be careful. Using a whip as a weapon is quite difficult. You might capture yourself instead of your intended target...

: And you might also cause an unexpected fanservice moment!
: ...What are you talking about?
: Beautiful fighters who get themselves into immodest situations are in universal demand.

Like I said...what are you talking about?

: Perhaps they're buried under the floor...maybe?
: No, that's not it... There's no sign that the floors were dug up...
: Then where are the bombs? If the door was really blasted open, then there's no doubt that Nagito was here...

: If the bombs are strong enough to blow up the entire island, they should be rather large... However...no matter where we search, we have not found anything like that at all, right?

: There's no bombs here...!? Then where the heck are they!?

: Since we've never been here before, I thought this place was gonna be it for sure...
: Nagito better not be making stuff up just to mess with us...

: Hey...it looks like something is written on the floor...
: The floor?
: Here, look closely...

Hm? What is this? This font doesn't match the ambiance of the castle at all. It's almost like it was intentionally put here...

: Hey everyone... Come check this out...!
: ...Hm? What's that?

"To all subjects..." Subjects? Who are they talking about? Is it...about us? There's more written below that... What does it mean?

"The password to guide everyone to the future is"

"..."

: What the heck is this!? We can't even read the most important part!
: What does "The password to guide everyone to the future" even mean?
: Ah, maybe it's...that password...

: Could it be the password to access that ancient ruin? "Guide everyone to the future"... Maybe that refers to the Japanese word that is written on the door?
: A-As expected of Miss Sonia! She only had to read it once to understand what it means!
: But...if we can't read the password, there's nothin' we can do.
: It is a rather tragic moment...

: I wonder who erased this.
: ...Huh? Erased?

: I mean...it doesn't feel like it was erased naturally, right? It looks like it was forcibly scratched off... That's the only way I can see it.

: But...Monomi and Monokuma shouldn't have entered this castle because they don't like mice, right?
: Then it was Nagito! He's the one who erased the password!
: UNFORGIVABLE!
: Nagito...probably discovered the password here and used it to enter the ancient ruin...
: Then he hid the bombs inside the ancient ruin!?
: So he erased the password so we wouldn't be able to get near the bombs...

: Dammit! That actually makes a lot of sense!
: If that's true... He gave us a hint even though he knew we wouldn't be able to use it...
: Just so he could...shove that reality in our faces...?
: There's no way we can enter that ancient ruin if we don't know the password!
: In the end... We can't do anything about the bombs unless the traitor comes forward...

Did he lure us to this place so we'd be forced to confront that...? Forcing us to confront the despair before us... Forcing us to confront how powerless we are...

Dammit... that's what Monokuma would do!

: H-Hey...um... Whoever you are...you don't have to reveal yourself to us. Just tell Nagito. If you don't...you'll just end up dying too, you know.
: Hey...who are you sayin' that to?
: ...I don't know! I'm just saying it to everyone!

: Let's stop... Fighting among ourselves won't help anything. More importantly... Let's work harder to find the password to that ancient ruin...or clues that might relate to it...
: As long as we cooperate and explore all over the island, we might be able to find it, you know?
: Are you tellin' us to look everywhere for a password that might not even exist...?
: Who would leave a password here in the first place, and why? If it wasn't Monokuma or Monomi...then who was it? W-We can't even answer that so there's no way we'll be able to find anything...

: Then what would you have us do!? Just wait until we all die!? That...is no different than when we were in the Funhouse... And what did we learn there? We learned not to give up on living...right?
: Th-That... Gundham was the only one who said that...
: Very well then! I shall look for it on my own! Excuse me! *leaves*
: S-Sonia...hold on!

But Sonia ignored me as I called for her, and stormed out of the area. Her shoulders were shaking a little...I'm sure of it.

: What...what the heck...?

: Dammit! Fine then! You want to look for it!? Well FINE! *leaves*
: H-Hey!

Kazuichi left Nezumi Castle and walked in the opposite direction of Sonia...

: Wh-What the hell are they doing...? Now's not the time for infighting...

: Well, it might be a good idea to work separately.
: ...Huh? Why?
: I mean...it's easier to move around that way, y'know. In case someone wanted to secretly go meet someone.
: Hey, does that mean...
: ...Sorry. Just act like I was thinking out loud and pretend you weren't listening. *leaves*

: Not again... Man, we're scattered as usual...
: SERIOUSLY!
: If you think so...then please help!
: Yeah, leave it to me... I've got a secret plan.
: I just hafta find the source of the problem and snap it off! *leaves*
: A-Akane...? What...what's your secret plan...!?

: I have a bad feeling about the way Akane's acting... I'll run after her. It's best if we keep Akane away from Nagito for now. Far away...
: Y-You're right...I guess I'll leave it to you.
: Okay, see you later! *Leaves*

Chiaki ran after Akane... And from there...I was the only one left.

What does this really mean?

Who are the subjects that are being referred to...? What's the password to guide everyone to the future...?

Music fades out.

I was the last to leave Nezumi Castle, and I wandered all over the island searching for clues to the password. But I didn't expect to find anything...and in the end, that's exactly what happened.

And so...time passed by with its usual speed.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... It is now 10:00 p.m. Please return to your rooms and relax. Let the sound of the ocean gently rock you to sleep. Now then, sweet dreams everyone. Good niiiiight...

Even after the announcement, I kept searching the island but I didn't find what we were looking for. After a while...I had even forgotten what I was supposed to be looking for in the first place...

In the end, after coming up empty-handed, I returned to the hotel.

I didn't see anyone else on my way back here, but...I also didn't see them while I was exploring either. That's because...even though this island is so vast, our numbers have drastically decreased since we arrived.

: I...can't think of any other reason than that.
: ...I should go back.

Nagito said time runs out at noon tomorrow. Another day is about to end... Which means there's only half a day left...

I can't imagine the traitor will be revealed by then, since we don't even know if they really exist. And even if they do...it's possible they've forgotten that they're the traitor...

All this thinking makes me feel like I should do something but... My brain and body were yearning for rest, probably because of all the walking I did today.

As I dozed off...horrible, disgusting images began to surface from the back of my mind, one after the other. But before I could focus on the specifics of those images...

...I slowly sank into the depths of darkness.

: I think giving up is really important. If you don't give up on your dreams, they'll come true. That's just irresponsible and lazy encouragement. No matter how much you try without giving up, it's useless in the end. Persistence is just the worst. That's why giving up is so important. But...you can't give up if you don't even try.
: That's actually the worst of all.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Well I guess it would be in character for Sonia to mention Mikan's schtick once more. Good ol' Mikan and your unexpected fanservice moments. She would have totally found a way to get caught up in all three of those whips at once. Heh.

A five character password eh? Too bad FRIENDS is 7 letters and it doesn't look like it matches anyway.
BUDDY maybe?

Actually I don't remember what the code entry thing for the door looks like so it could be anything.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
With the attention drawn to the spear whips I assume they're going to be important.

And not a single one of these kids is going to at least make an attempt to point out the obvious memory loss issues to Nagito? I mean it's a life or death situation and they're all out of other things to try.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zoe posted:

With the attention drawn to the spear whips I assume they're going to be important.

And not a single one of these kids is going to at least make an attempt to point out the obvious memory loss issues to Nagito? I mean it's a life or death situation and they're all out of other things to try.

Does Nagito really seem like the type of person who would listen to reason?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Hunt11 posted:

Not saying I'd expect it to work, it just seems like people who were about to be exploded by a bomb might start trying a little harder not to be. The memory situation has been brought up like twice now in reference to the traitor in the narration, but they don't seem interested in having any communication about this even among each other.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FPzero posted:

And even if they do...it's possible they've forgotten that they're the traitor...

Oh hey, didn't expect one of the characters to bring up that possibility.

Hunt11 posted:

Nagito's typically the smartest person in the room and has likely thought of that possibility. If he's asking them to come forward, he probably has a good reason to believe they can.

As an aside of confidence, I actually don't remember too much about this chapter beyond the end of the trial and Nagito blowing things up at the restaurant.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Zoe posted:

My guess is that the victim (probably Nagito) will be killed with one.

• Locked thread