Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Cradle of Filth heading out this year with VIP tickets as well for just $80 US.

https://ticket.artistarena.com/events/26276

No idea who "Jinjer" is.

Can you imagine the crowds at this stupid thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah guys, imagine a group of people that like a band going to see a band that i dont like

heh, got em :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

kumba posted:

yeah guys, imagine a group of people that like a band going to see a band that i dont like

heh, got em :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

imagine 300 of this guy pretty much

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah this thread has shitloads of "Actually your favorite band is garbage" white noise shitposting, and most of it is coming from A human heart.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
But really, why would anyone see Cradle of Filth?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dont even fink about it posted:

Yeah this thread has shitloads of "Actually your favorite band is garbage" white noise shitposting, and most of it is coming from A human heart.

But what if my favorite band is Garbage?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

But really, why would anyone see Cradle of Filth?

their last 2 albums have been surprisingly good, and their formative albums are really good

it's that middle bit that leaves a lot to be desired

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think it should be controversial to wonder who on earth is seeing cradle of filth for 80 us dollars in 2018.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

A human heart posted:

I don't think it should be controversial to wonder who on earth is seeing cradle of filth for 80 us dollars in 2018.

I'm not too keen on the "so and so is a stupid band" generic shitpost, but he does have a point here.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kumba posted:

their last 2 albums have been surprisingly good, and their formative albums are really good

it's that middle bit that leaves a lot to be desired

When they do a Total loving Darkness anniversary tour let me know

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

The new Thantifaxath EP is really good: !!!Click Here!!!!

Also there's a new split with Convulsing and some other band, Idk who but they sound good: CLICK

The new Aosoth is kool too, I've been feeling really good about music lately.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A human heart posted:

Why don't you shut the gently caress up.

Like someone with a anime avatar is worth listening to let alone acknowledging.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cradle of Filth is the anime of extreme metal, which is already the anime of music

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Check this poo poo out motherfucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-hYRMQW9k

[I post a song that starts with a snare hit, it's clear what move I was trying to do]

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cradle of Filth is the anime of extreme metal, which is already the anime of music

I think it's more the professional wrestling of music rather than anime. I actually stole that from a poster in this thread (Morbid Florest?).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I think it's more the professional wrestling of music rather than anime. I actually stole that from a poster in this thread (Morbid Florest?).

That's definitely fair and an analogy I've used IRL

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Pretty much true. Complete with the fact that people who take it too seriously are silly.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Oh look, a metal thread where basement dwelling nerds hate when people like bands they don't. What's new.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
At GWAR concerts, fans are being asked to swab their cheeks so their DNA can be entered into the national database.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I saw cradle of filth once a couple of years ago. It was surprisingly ok but had to leave halfway through nonetheless as we couldn't bear dani's random high pitch screeches, we looked at eachother like wtf is this poo poo let's grab a beer at the bar

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The new The Faceless album leaked a little early and I have to put it near the top of my best of 2017 list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUy3fUKGn1c

Jazz flute solo!

TeamJesus fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 29, 2017

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

david crosby posted:

The new Aosoth is kool too, I've been feeling really good about music lately.

Yeah I really like it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

At GWAR concerts, fans are being asked to swab their cheeks so their DNA can be entered into the national database.

to match up bone marrow donors

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Yeah isnt one of the dudes from gwar dying and kinda needs that to live?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

I know, but that sentence has been cracking me up.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I know, but that sentence has been cracking me up.

yeah i googled it to see what the gently caress you were talking about because at first i thought gwar had decided to start one of those mormon ancestry dna analysis scam companies

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fenrir posted:

I'm probably a bit older than you - I graduated high school just before NSV came out - but otherwise that's the exact way i think about that record. Over 20 years later it still sounds unique and special to me. I've since listened to a ton of brutal, technical death but NSV was my gateway, so to speak. Before that I really only listened to thrash and black metal.

27 now. Found it after it had been out for a while (96 what the gently caress how?). I wasn’t listening to a lot of stuff at that level when I think about it. I was playing around with real death metal but only on the fringes. I’ll have to get it in rotation this week no doubt. There’s nothing like it.

Fenrir posted:

Man, I think we're cut from the same cloth. I've enjoyed the poo poo out of the new Ne O and Archspire. I still think Urn is a little weaker than Citadel but it's still a pretty drat strong record.

E: wasn't I the one who told you about Archspire? I know I've brought them up in this thread before but it could have been someone else.

Sounds like it right? :)

Maybe? I’m not sure, I’m always throwing a million things into my backlog from this thread. Either way I’m glad I found them. Sometimes I’m not into the staccato vocal thing he does but everything else is great.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
That Archspire record is wild

The beginning of track 6 sounds like they used a slapchop as an instrument

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Exhumed was, as expected, loving amazing. Arkaik and local openers Upheaval also ripped. Unfortunately, Upheaval's sound quality sucked, everything was just cranked up to 11 with constant feedback and it just sounded horribly muddy. I'll blame that on them being a new local band that doesn't have a sound guy, but even with the lovely mixing they kicked rear end. According to the bassist, they have a new album coming out soon, so look for that on Bandcamp.

I was right in front of the stage for most of Exhumed's set. God I love small venues.

Check out this loving drum kit:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Jess and the Ancient Ones album streamable here:

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-11-28/jess-and-the-ancient-ones-stream-new-album-ahead-of-launch

It could use a few more minutes of length on the shorter songs and maybe some fewer voice samples, but it is good poo poo.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

DroneRiff posted:

I came across Nyn in bunch fo recommendations for wanky tech death. They're a little different from modern blasty-tech, a little more flowing plus a bit of Cynic worship too. Pretty fun find.

I of course am a sucker for anything super wanky or self indulgent like this, so could just be my terrible taste that makes it sound so cool.
This is the musical equivalent of watching someone play Dance Dance Revolution with both arms on the bar

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Vulture Culture posted:

This is the musical equivalent of watching someone play Dance Dance Revolution with both arms on the bar

I had to listen to it based on this description, did not disappoint

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm almost certainly going to Watain in March. Goddamn it feels good to be going to shows again.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I saw Ulcerate live hahahaha

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Cradle of filth have earned their spurs imo. I mean who can argue against from cradle to enslave, cruelty and the beast and midian. Those are awesome albums

Saw em around 2003/4, had a awesome time. Would I go see em now? no

Vulture Culture posted:

this is somehow the death metal equivalent of limbonic art?

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 30, 2017

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm almost certainly going to Watain in March. Goddamn it feels good to be going to shows again.

Love Watain! Have always seen consistenly good shows from those guys. Saw on the sworn to the dark tour and the wild hunt tour. Them and 1349 are must sees for me everytime I see a show happening nearby.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Mr. Pickles posted:

Cradle of filth have earned their spurs imo. I mean who can argue against from cradle to enslave, cruelty and the beast and midian. Those are awesome albums

Saw em around 2003/4, had a awesome time. Would I go see em now? no

this is somehow the death metal equivalent of limbonic art?

From the Cradle to Enslave is an EP not an album.

Midian is a weird one for me because I loved it back in the day when I was first getting into them but now the stinkers on that album really show through.

I like the early stuff up to and including Cruelty and have been hit or miss with everything else. The last two or three albums have all been pretty good for what they are.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

dont even fink about it posted:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
your favorite band loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I never thought I'd say this but Dani Filth's screeching is growing on me.