Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flikken posted:

Depends on the cat, I've had some bright ones and some goddamn stupid ones.

I remember the degree of self awareness expressed by orangutans or something being pretty variable depending on the individual

Probably works the same way for humans, just to a slightly lesser degree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

Recall troops from red states, blue states declare independence, invade, continue Lord Sherman's work :getin:

I mean, how would a civil war work these days? I feel like most military members side with the conservative/Republican view so I don't think it'd go like you say at all, sadly.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Kazinsal posted:

Recall troops from red states, blue states declare independence, invade, continue Lord Sherman's work :getin:

I think you're forgetting the silicon valley death robots which will terminator their way across the south. No reason to try and impress southern soldiery into service against their chud cousins.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gotta get through new york to get me

come and get it fuckers

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

GoGoGadget posted:

I mean, how would a civil war work these days? I feel like most military members side with the conservative/Republican view so I don't think it'd go like you say at all, sadly.

Just the logistics of a civil war would be a nightmare and you'd probably have an insane desertion rate.

M_Gargantua posted:

I think you're forgetting the silicon valley death robots which will terminator their way across the south. No reason to try and impress southern soldiery into service against their chud cousins.

By 2029 SKYNET will be the good guy in the Terminator films. "Well everything was fine until we hooked the drat thing to the internet; once it got to reddit and 4chan the nukes took off."

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm cheering for Skynet

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I will admit as a cat person that cats are loving retarded.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw i change my vote for next dude to be hung

johnny depp

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

johnny depp

Based on the stories Amber Heard told, I wouldn't be surprised at all

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

M_Gargantua posted:

As long as they look like Sherman I'm ok with this

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

M_Gargantua posted:

If you think the people with the means to build death robots in Silicon Valley wouldn't side with the people who think taxes are bad, and poor people should pay for their own drat healthcare... Boy are you going to be disappointed.

SV's libertarian as gently caress.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Based on the stories Amber Heard told, I wouldn't be surprised at all

That woman is the spitting image of one of my ex girlfriends and it bugs me because I messed that up

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Wait that trump tweet at Theresa May was directed at the wrong Theresa May?

:psyduck:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

johnny depp

did he do something or do you just assume he did

because he owns an island which is premium 'implication' territory

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Amber Heard is also insane I guess. I did watch the video where he's drunk on wine and slamming stuff around in his kitchen.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Amber Heard is also insane I guess. I did watch the video where he's drunk on wine and slamming stuff around in his kitchen.

Like I said, spitting image

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

I want to see where these rebellious states/militaries are going to get funding, because a lot of states and units are going to suddenly and abruptly stop when the federal money faucet stops.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Few states could handle it on their own.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Soulex posted:

Few states could handle it on their own.

The states that could aren't the ones that would secede. The closest to "Could fund a military and the civilian population" would probably be Texas and I'd say that's contingent on both the surrounding states not joining in to drain additional resources as well as the Gulf of Mexico remaining open and unblockaded for shipping.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

did he do something or do you just assume he did

because he owns an island which is premium 'implication' territory

assume

i was watching steph ruhle earlier and they were making the point that because ratings have switched to national news as opposed to local news that the the headliner for a news agency is going to me much more integral to the business as a whole- that personality is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. their interest lies in making sure their investment stands.

by dropping lauer immediately they’re on the hook for prolly 30 mill if they’re lucky. conan got more. but besides that, they’re showing that the environment has changed. news as we know it will change.

that in mind i thought about who’s been the top of the top millionaire stars in the past-say-decade

-tom cruise
-the rock
- johnny depp
-nick cage

thats as far as i can think at the moment

-tom cruise has a circle of protection right now from scientology and we haven’t been able to instant it off yet
-the rock has worked his loving rear end off transitioning from wrestling to movies, he’s prolly ok
-nick cage has had enough lawsuits that i think reasonably hes been vetted enough

so depp

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Have you ever tried to teach a grandparent how to use facebook, twitter, or the internet in general?

That's the President.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I have and I’ll have you know my mother shitposts on 2 different knitting subreddits <:mad:>

But yes I’m aware that the embodiment of a fwd:fwd: email from grandma is president.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 1, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

If The Rock ever gets proven to be a sexual miscreant I will probably just give up and end it all. That man is a treasure.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

psydude posted:

The best part about this bill is how people can avoid taxes by becoming their own business. I already have a passthrough LLC, so I'll probably leverage that to become a subcontractor to my current company. Job creation!

Can you talk about this cause my money manager has mentioned it and I've been putting it off.

Or link me an article?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Imagine just living life as an average joe when all of a sudden the president of the United god drat States yells specifically at you over the internet because he thought you were a head of state of another country.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The only time The Rock gets violent is if you touch his brownies on his cheat day.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that in mind i thought about who’s been the top of the top millionaire stars in the past-say-decade

-tom cruise
-the rock
- johnny depp
-nick cage

thats as far as i can think at the moment
box office mojo lets you browse top-grossing actors/actresses.

I can definitely see Samuel L. Jackson having some dumb poo poo from his crack days come back to haunt him.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Gobbeldygook posted:

box office mojo lets you browse top-grossing actors/actresses.

I can definitely see Samuel L. Jackson having some dumb poo poo from his crack days come back to haunt him.

After MLK got shot, he and some friends took the board of trustees for his college hostage.

https://www.watchtheyard.com/colleges/samuel-l-jackson-morehouse-hostage/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

If The Rock ever gets proven to be a sexual miscreant I will probably just give up and end it all. That man is a treasure.

This, Click and Clack from Car Talk, and Simon Pegg.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I was sorta wondering more about that immigrant murder case and the best explainer for it is... Redstate. :psyduck:

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2017/11/30/lied-kate-steinle-case/

The prosecution went all-in for the premeditated first-degree murder charge and barely gave any attention to the manslaughter charge. The dude, a homeless repeat-illegal immigrant with a second-grade education, found a LEO hair-trigger single-action SIG and fired it off for who-knows-why and the bullet ricocheted off concrete and killed the woman.

That's a hell of a lot more complicated than REPEAT ILLEGAL WANTED TO KILL A WOMAN, WE GOTTA BUILD THE WALL, not that it will matter. Even the Trump Tweet was kinda halfass.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

The only time The Rock gets violent is if you touch his brownies on his cheat day.

Xentrex works.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hate to say it, but Pro-Wrestling was, is, and will be a skeezy business filled with such stuff. I would not be surprised if Rock circa 2000 was casting couching up and coming talent.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

KildarX posted:

Hate to say it, but Pro-Wrestling was, is, and will be a skeezy business filled with such stuff. I would not be surprised if Rock circa 2000 was casting couching up and coming talent.

You shut up sir

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Click and Clack from Car Talk

At least one of them is dead.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KildarX posted:

Hate to say it, but Pro-Wrestling was, is, and will be a skeezy business

wow now i'm just utterly shocked

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

At least one of them is dead.

Jim'll fix it!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That Works posted:

I'll get a tax break for like 2-3 grand and lose all my employees...

Sounds like a thank you is in order :colbert:

• Locked thread