Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
AJ is going in on the Twitter

https://twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua/status/928539742634954752

https://twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua/status/928549795802869761

https://twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua/status/928548737663856640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm starting to really look forward to loma / rigo. just put 20 on rigo by points paying 6:1, which seems like an absurdly good price. don't get me wrong, i think loma's going to be too big and too good, but could i see an aggressive guy getting clipped by rigo's left for ~6 rounds? cannot wait.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's a very appealing bet. I think Loma bas most of the advantages coming into this fight, but Rigo is a master spoiler and disruptor who is dangerous in his own right. I was surprised by how wide the betting odds were but that probably reflects the gap in popularity between the two fighters.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
You're all mad. Never trust an old Cuban looking to cash out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tyson Fury: fighter of racism

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbWVO0AjP_J/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, you can't fault the message but why's he sound like he's 89

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tempting to go get knocked out my him but i don't want to be seen as a racist

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I mean, you can't fault the message but why's he sound like he's 89

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
In addition to the HBO card there's a Top Rank on ESPN card being headlined by Artur Beterbiev for a vacant title so I bumped that thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825553

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
If anyone could PM me a way to watch the HBO card it would be appreciated.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

drat, Seldin just rocked him

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Fighting Seldin looks like it would be no fun at all.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

not surprised they stopped it, that was complete dominance and his face was a bloody mess

E: VVV So would Wilder

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 12, 2017

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Not often you hear guys blaming someone for running into an elbow.

AJ would get Miller out of there pretty quick, in my opinion.

gtkor fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 12, 2017

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

the corner should have stopped it

also, miller not being able to knockdown a one handed fighter doesnt say much for him

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

well, the seldin fight was fun at least

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Jarrell Miller looked incredibly ordinary. He doesn't have anything for the elite of the division.

Danny Jacobs looked pretty good against an undefeated, crafty, but ultimately limited guy. He should easily beat the winner of the Saunders/Lemieux fight. I'd like to see Jacobs against Jermall Charlo or Demetrius Andrade.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Marching Powder posted:

i'm starting to really look forward to loma / rigo. just put 20 on rigo by points paying 6:1, which seems like an absurdly good price. don't get me wrong, i think loma's going to be too big and too good, but could i see an aggressive guy getting clipped by rigo's left for ~6 rounds? cannot wait.

Loma is going to fully fully paste him IMO, the ONLY critique you could make of Loma so far is he's been fighting weak guys in a weak division.

Then again Sosa is no slouch and he hosed him up so

But yes, I am very much looking forward to this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gold Sexy Body posted:

he's been fighting weak guys in a weak division.

130 is a pretty good division I feel

Jump King fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 20, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Loma is going to fully fully paste him IMO, the ONLY critique you could make of Loma so far is he's been fighting weak guys in a weak division.

Then again Sosa is no slouch and he hosed him up so

But yes, I am very much looking forward to this.

This dude apparently got himself perma'd (lol) but it's worth noting that Loma apparently agreed to a rehydration clause of 138 to get Rigo to agree to the fight so-if true-it seems like he's not the one standing in the way of making challenging fights

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/21449947/fight-vasyl-lomachenko-guillermo-rigondeaux-include-weight-check-day-fight

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm pretty sure Lomachenko will fight anyone, he just wants to make some money. Those Ukrainian amateurs don't give a gently caress really, they're schooled hard. I remember someone, I think Richie Woodhall, telling an anecdote about how they had some event in the UK and were put in a nice hotel as standard, and their coach had it changed to some really run down shithole in a rough area so they didn't suddenly go soft or something lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bellew vs Haye 2 is off because Haye gave himself a boo boo training on the stairs

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Rigo has no bargaining power really, his promotion consists of social media memes, it's either fight Loma on his terms or accept a wasted career.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what memes they are tho

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

thehappyprince posted:

what memes they are tho

Not dank memes, that's for sure

https://twitter.com/RigoElChacal305/status/932082511093436416

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rigo is a very funny social media follow

Unsurprised Haye is out. I'm surprised the fight was even scheduled what with his whole foot fall apart last match

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
If Kovalev loses tonight I'm going to cry like a little girl and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

that point deduction was kind of bullshit. I dont think it effects the decision, though, because Sosa won by a few rounds

e: holy poo poo, well I was way off. Goddamn, those scores were bad

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 26, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Care Bear Stairs posted:

that point deduction was kind of bullshit. I dont think it effects the decision, though, because Sosa won by a few rounds

Lol have I got a sport for you.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Boxing judges are the best trolls on earth

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

nice shot by Valera

E: good first round, better 2nd

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 26, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Shame about these low blows

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

I cant believe that went 10. Guessing Barrera won by a good margin, but who knows with these judges

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

well, I dont think this will last too long. Kovalez just about had him out there

e: yep, he just destroyed that dude

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 26, 2017

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kovalev destroyed a low level opponent impressively, which is good for him mentally and career wise I think.

That sosa decision was insane.

I think I'm going to see the Lemieux fight live, hope Billy J doesn't make it boring.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
LHW is ripe for a tournament. Make it happen Cocaine Kalle.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tXsq1qAIQs - Maybe I'm just catching feels but I think it's impossible to watch this Miguel Cotto retrospective and not say that HBO is still the best network at producing boxing programming.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bellew wants to fight Tyson Fury and Hearn says they're talking to make it happen.

That size difference will be obscene.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Are there any fights you would recommend to someone who's new to boxing*? Like fights that are heavy on technique or there's something special about them. I watched that mexican fight in the OP (Bandido vs. ?), really enjoyed it. Then I watched a couple of Ali and Tyson fights, but honestly that Bandido fight in the OP was probably my favourite.

* not to watching, but to boxing itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

mike12345 posted:

Are there any fights you would recommend to someone who's new to boxing*? Like fights that are heavy on technique or there's something special about them. I watched that mexican fight in the OP (Bandido vs. ?), really enjoyed it. Then I watched a couple of Ali and Tyson fights, but honestly that Bandido fight in the OP was probably my favourite.

* not to watching, but to boxing itself

Bradley/Provodnikov
Castillo/Corrales
Gatti/Ward
Matthysse/Molina
Vargas/Miura

Basically any recent Fight of the Year. These are all excellent brawls between guys with tons of heart.

If you want something that's heavy on technique (like, a LOT of technique, the most technique), Lomachenko/Rigondeaux is next weekend on ESPN.

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 1, 2017