Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

tuo posted:

BMW triggers me....hard....

It's less of a head spinner than going into a brand like Toyota

But the majority of this actually comes from a talk I did with a guy called Wolfgang Utecht. He was the one responsible for the development of the Mercedes E-Class in 2004 and we talked a bit about this specific topic when he was up here for a summit from Shell about urban automation

E: mechanics catte

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

It's less of a head spinner than going into a brand like Toyota

But the majority of this actually comes from a talk I did with a guy called Wolfgang Utrecht. He was the one responsible for the development of the Mercedes E-Class in 2004 and we talked a bit about this specific topic when he was up here for a summit from Shell about urban automation

Nah, it mostly triggers me because I love BMW coupês, and I own a couple of em (new and old).

Utrecht, btw, is a cool guy. I heard him talk at a conference couple of years ago in regard to what "industry 4.0" (that terrible buzzword) means for the automotive sector in Germany. Was might impressive.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Look at this well oiled machine that churns out content consistently quarterly when other MMOs can have year long draughts. It is a trainwreck because their database is a mess and they rather spend time making new content than making it easier for us loving idiots to play dress up

In a normal and sane world they'd just do both. :shrug:

I'm not saying ff14 is bad or anything, but we both know SE has enough money to funnel into ff14 now to fix most of this bullshit, and they don't because bugfixing and qol enhancements doesn't generate as much cash as content so they see it as a complete waste of budget.

Bofast posted:

The new Zelda is good, yeah, even though it suffers from bad frame drops in certain places. :argh:

A few years ago I bought a portable console, expecting a decent experience. "Since everyone has this exact same hardware, it should be super easy for devs to target it and make it run well".

Unfortunately, reality is it's worse than on PC, because plenty of games still run like poo poo and you can't even buy better hardware to fix it, lmbo

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

tuo posted:

Nah, it mostly triggers me because I love BMW coupês, and I own a couple of em (new and old).

I know the struggle... Own a couple 5 series and recently sold my 3 series coupe for another motorcycle.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Thoatse posted:

No but I'm p sure there would be some mocap sessions of actors mounting chairs by swinging their leg up over the seat back to sit down

Don't write the possibility off entirely. This is CIG and they know their userbase.

Nov 2017 Monthly Report posted:

getting a female version of every animation implemented into the game. The goal is to have a large batch of the Usable animation assets polished and finalized by the end of the year.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/936564579076677634

scammy stock photo website

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Kraiklyn_/status/936510680760504320

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

I know the struggle... Own a couple 5 series and recently sold my 3 series coupe for another motorcycle.

Look at this terrible choice (selling a 3series coupê for something that lacks two wheels)

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Toops posted:

CIG just made $6,000,000+ dollars in one month after not releasing anything for 1.5 years, blatantly lying to backers about progress, and scamming them with moon land in a universe that doesn't exist.

They ain't goin' anywhere.

If your rent is £300 per month and you've been earning £150-£250 each month, you'll be eating away into whatever savings you had to keep your house. If you suddenly get a Christmas bonus of £600 one month, that doesn't change the fact that for the past 9-10 months you've been operating at a loss (especially if you have a loan repayment due immediately after you get the bonus). The $6m isn't a sign that all's well, it's just a temporary reprieve.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

I tried the trucking thing in Elite, even calculated routes with some online tools....then found out about HazRes, Conflict zones and in the latest patch tourist stuff and made much, much more that way.

Maybe I'm just too stupid to truck, that's totally possible

you can make good money with trucking, en par with haz res if you account for ammo/repair time, its just a matter what you prefer.
what keeps me off trucking is the NEED for external tools, since in the grim darkness of the far future there is no internet to plan things in my spaceship.
But of course as soon as i so much as look funny at an innocent that flies straight through my tracers the entire galaxy knows im basically hitler

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

Look at this terrible choice (selling a 3series coupê for something that lacks two wheels)

I thought motorcycles had two wheels? :confused:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
New Senior Character vacancy added today for LA

Total vacancies 71

+ 8 vacancies in last 2 weeks

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Toops posted:

Hello, my name is Barky Barktona.

Barky Bark and the Funky Bunch

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I thought motorcycles had two wheels? :confused:

Yes. Show me anything that nature produced that get's along with just two legs....

....wait....

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toops posted:

Before:

After:

It's time for winter bulk, bro.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Raskolnikov posted:

PC MASTER RACE: Star Citizen "The Morrow Tour"

Console first filth: Tekken7 - Custom Outfit for Lili

Lol she has hairy manhands 5/10

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

tuo posted:

Yes. Show me anything that nature produced that get's along with just two legs....

....wait....

I got the joke... But I already had this open in another tab

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Not enough Fidelity. Wouldn't play :)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

:catdrugs:

Nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Truga posted:

This "mmos are really expensive to run" is a myth perpetuated by the industry to get you to pay for subs so they can make more money. Just like lootboxes and "games are getting more expensive to make" (games have been getting cheaper to make for big companies like EA for like half a decade now).

You do not understand game development.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Raskolnikov posted:

:unsmith: sometimes the only winning move is to not play pay.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Toops posted:

If you feel pissed off and wanna "own" somebody, :justpost:
If you feel like arguing with someone, :justpost:
When in doubt :justpost:

:same:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sarsapariller posted:

The doors have departed the ship altogether:

This is legit the best screenshot I've ever seen of Star Citizen

Fine work

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Reddit posted:

Let me tell you how irrelevant Derek Smart is by starting threads about Derek Smart and obsessing over how terrible Derek Smart is

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7gucfp/will_space_land_make_derek_smart_extremely_smug/

his nibs fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 1, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Truga has caught the reddit pathogen and must be quarantined immediately

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just really angry today because I had to get up super early.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

A few years ago I bought a portable console, expecting a decent experience. "Since everyone has this exact same hardware, it should be super easy for devs to target it and make it run well".

Unfortunately, reality is it's worse than on PC, because plenty of games still run like poo poo and you can't even buy better hardware to fix it, lmbo

I only have the WiiU version, so I have not seen how the Switch version runs (not buying a Switch for one game), but everything else I've tried other than Zelda runs just fine. Something like Mario Kart even hits about 60 fps most of the time. I think they just tried cramming more into Zelda than the hardware can comfortably handle, similar to how Ocarina of Time also had frame rate issues back in the day.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sounds like a new thread title, if you ask me.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops posted:

Before:

After:

Spiderdrake posted:

As funny as picking that name is I've been trying to suppress memories of that book since reading it so drat yooooouuuu
Can someone actually explain this

Because it went from "interesting take on futuristic tactical gear" to "mr potato doom marine" and that's quite the progression

sell dreams -> try to implement dreams -> lowered expectations

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is lando talking about taking a poo poo?

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/936425547353092096

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Golli posted:

Getting a female version of every animation implemented into the game. The goal is to have a large batch of the Usable animation assets polished and finalized by the end of the year.

Can't wait to see the crowd applaud for yet-another-innovative-never-the-seen-before feature: female characters ! Clap clap, +3 millions dollars !

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Was just looking to :justpost: something funny from this day last year

Uhmm..

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6641#post466960518

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gosts posted:

Hello, I am also a man (human) who has different priorities in a videogame. Final fantasy, the large game, is a wreck of train due to sreiongarmthsth what is this thread about again

lmao

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:allears:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Loading space court...

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Both of these pictures look so loving generic.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Combat Theory posted:

Loading space court...

Maybe there's hope for them all :shrug:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dark Off posted:

edit:catte tax

I would let this cat do my taxes

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/936599327232929798

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

I would let this cat do my taxes
Don't let that confident demeanour fool you. Cat taxes are deceptively easy, they don't pay rent and have no declarable income.

He'd probably gently caress it right up if we're being honest.