Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I will fight with Nappa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Was Roshi really leaked as a fighter or am I reliving the 90s trope of friends just loving lying to me about DBZ

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
AFAIK they haven't confirmed Roshi yet.

But other fun teams you can make:

All Goku All the Time:
SS Goku
SSB Goku
Normal Goku*

MY PRIDE:
SS Vegeta
SSB Vegeta
Normal Vegeta*

The Most People:
Android 17/18
Ginyu Force
Tien w/ Chiaotzu

*Pretty sure these two were confirmed as DLC somewhere

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I am too ready to play this video game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Tien, Nappa, Majin Buu only team I need.

I just worry Nappa is a puppet character like Carl though. I was always awful at puppet characters :(

Nappa seems closer to Rachel than Carl. The saibamen aren't out all the time.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Xad posted:

They were in a big leaklist that I severely hope the DBFZ part isn't true about because it's loving trash

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i honestly cant wait to see the top-tier team be something like Nappa/Yamcha/Ginyu just because of how weird it would be for most of the roster to be cornerstone characters in a dragonball fighter

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kelp Plankton posted:

i honestly cant wait to see the top-tier team be something like Nappa/Yamcha/Ginyu just because of how weird it would be for most of the roster to be cornerstone characters in a dragonball fighter

On paper I am gonna say Yamcha is probably really good. He looks like the most aggressively styled character in the game and tradition holds that's usually a recipe for success.

Endorph posted:

Nappa seems closer to Rachel than Carl. The saibamen aren't out all the time.

I hope so. I just wish they'd announce a beta date already I wanna see how Nappa works.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gotenks doesn't have a assist attack. If you call him in he insists on becoming the point fighter on the field and there's nothing you can do to stop him.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm playing 3 gokus, as god intended

Also ill never tag or call assists so when you defeat one goku he's replaced with a higher form goku

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Xad posted:

AFAIK they haven't confirmed Roshi yet.

But other fun teams you can make:

All Goku All the Time:
SS Goku
SSB Goku
Normal Goku*

MY PRIDE:
SS Vegeta
SSB Vegeta
Normal Vegeta*

The Most People:
Android 17/18
Ginyu Force
Tien w/ Chiaotzu

It's too bad it was confirmed that they don't transform instead of switching out. It'd be cool if you had Vegeta and SSJ Vegeta, and when Vegeta lost the animation was just him powering up.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Xad posted:

Motherfucker, I swear to god if they go and do that stupid poo poo where there are 15 different types of Goku based off of minutely different transformations instead of actually different characters...

...I'll be quite disappointed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I bet you hate Roy and Wolf in Smash Bros. too. aka the objectively better characters.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Firstborn posted:

It's too bad it was confirmed that they don't transform instead of switching out. It'd be cool if you had Vegeta and SSJ Vegeta, and when Vegeta lost the animation was just him powering up.

Oooh yeah, like Devil/Angel in Tekken? drat, now I wish that was a feature :qq:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

khwarezm posted:

Motherfucker, I swear to god if they go and do that stupid poo poo where there are 15 different types of Goku based off of minutely different transformations instead of actually different characters...

...I'll be quite disappointed.

using the same or similar models doesn't make them the same character. the important thing for the game's health is that they have different mechanics, and we've already seen SSJ Goku plays a lot different from SSB Goku

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We need more functions

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

when will they announce lord slug

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Janemba when

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sade posted:

using the same or similar models doesn't make them the same character. the important thing for the game's health is that they have different mechanics, and we've already seen SSJ Goku plays a lot different from SSB Goku

i mean the biggest issue (and possible strength for development turnaround) is dragonball and toriyama has some really same-y designs, visually.

arcsys is super good about gameplay diversity even with clone characters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope president dog is in the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope president dog is in the game

His name is Fuhrer King Doggy, excuse me.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope the final boss is King Yama who's finally had enough of everyone on Earth making his job harder and being a general pain in his rear end.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Sade posted:

Yeah, and how many times can you do that with the same actual characters? They could throw in tons of people like Hit, Beerus, gently caress even Dabura who, just from what we've seen in the show and comic, all have interesting looking, unique abilities instead of going through all of Goku's different hair colors first.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 22, 2017

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I hope they do Kid Goku + Power Pole before they start doing different Super Saiyan levels

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

BattleHamster posted:

I hope they do Kid Goku + Power Pole before they start doing different Super Saiyan levels

At the very least Kid Goku would add a bit more visual variety and you could do some interesting stuff with the pole.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

khwarezm posted:

At the very least Kid Goku would add a bit more visual variety and you could do some interesting stuff with the pole.

Heh.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

khwarezm posted:

Yeah, and how many times can you do that with the same actual characters? They could throw in tons of people like Hit, Beerus, gently caress even Dabura who, just from what we've seen in the show and comic, all have interesting looking, unique abilities instead of going through all of Goku's different hair colors first.

Gamedev, especially in Japan, often operates on shoestring budgets that are very closely calculated. Efficiency and reusability are really necessary in the creation of art assets, and saying "they could throw in" a bunch of characters kinda minimizes how expensive it really is to produce assets of sufficient quality for playable characters.

also, Hit and Beerus are gonna be in the first wave of DLC, bet on it

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Sade posted:

Gamedev, especially in Japan, often operates on shoestring budgets that are very closely calculated. Efficiency and reusability are really necessary in the creation of art assets, and saying "they could throw in" a bunch of characters kinda minimizes how expensive it really is to produce assets of sufficient quality for playable characters.

Normally yes but too many Goku's was a thing they specifically addressed so it's not like they'll go full tilt. ArkSys typically doesn't have too many clone characters either so this isn't avg game dev.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Sade posted:

Hit and other Super characters will likely be their own DLC set, but if Beerus somehow doesn't make it into the base game that will be really weird to me. He's more or less the reason Dragonball is back, and is technically from Z rather than Super.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's an unambiguous Beerus icon in an arcade mode screenshot, there's no way he's not in the base game.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's an unambiguous Beerus icon in an arcade mode screenshot, there's no way he's not in the base game.

The fact that they go out of their way to hide that prt of the screenshot on the website seals it.

TriffTshngo posted:

Hit and other Super characters will likely be their own DLC set, but if Beerus somehow doesn't make it into the base game that will be really weird to me. He's more or less the reason Dragonball is back, and is technically from Z rather than Super.
I still can't believe dragonball evolution was that bad.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Picking three gokus >>>>> your roster preferences

Black doesn't count as a goku, cause he's an rear end in a top hat and not a righteous hero.

Otherwise not many clones, and if you count the buus as clones you're crazy.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Goku Black being an rear end in a top hat fits perfectly with Goku's personality

Goku Black is more Goku than Goku, really

(Goku is a bad person)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Sade posted:

Goku Black being an rear end in a top hat fits perfectly with Goku's personality

Goku Black is more Goku than Goku, really

(Goku is a bad person)

Black wanted to destroy humanity because humanity is scum.

Goku is ready to have a dozen entire realities wiped from existence because he's got such a boner for punching.

I can relate better to Black than Goku.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress it, put in kid Goku that rides around on a nimbus cloud and hits people with a stick. Give him a dragon install type move where he goes ape transform. Ain't DBZ but it would make a good character and is more distinct than changing his hair to blue. Gimme all the Gokus.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I want kid goku, i want adult kid goku in a blue uniform, I want that awful ssj4 Goku, gimme evil Goku (Goku black AND Turles) while we're at it

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

GOKU in car in the filler episode where he took driving lessons

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is there a single DBZ game that has the driving lesson / BADMAN / Tacos, etc shirts as alt costumes?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Only Xenoverse/Xenoverse 2. Besides then? Don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Kid Buu Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSt2YFYLEqk