Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm gonna wait for the Yogfest tomorrow, see if my start of december luck is any good.

maybe one today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Finally able to play again and was welcomed back with Nohime on the samurai carnival and LMetatron on this godfest. I know Nohime is good, but is LMetatron still worth using?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

McDragon posted:

I'm gonna wait for the Yogfest tomorrow, see if my start of december luck is any good.

maybe one today.

Do you have a better collection of light mons than dark ones? Because Kamimusubi tends to be better than Yog nowadays for single player stuff.

Televisio Frankus posted:

Finally able to play again and was welcomed back with Nohime on the samurai carnival and LMetatron on this godfest. I know Nohime is good, but is LMetatron still worth using?

She evolves into a book that you can inherit into a monster to get a recover bind awakening. That's about it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If you need something that can trivially clear content up to a1 sure you can use lmeta but that's true of...virtually every lead in the game...

Otherwise no she's not used

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Ah, that's a shame, binds aren't a huge problem with my main teams so I guess I'll just sell her for the MP. I think only one or two members of my current Ameno team are weak to binds and they're not needed 100% of the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you only have one then you might as well just hold onto her

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Don't sell a card you only have one copy of, especially lmeta, who is an excellent situational assist evo

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Huh. The alt I never use got Cotton on the first pull.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dwarf74 posted:

Huh. The alt I never use got Cotton on the first pull.

Now you can enjoy gathering all the ingredients for her evo you'll never use.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I rolled a duplicate DMeta. It will sit unused forever like my other one. :toot:

Seb
Apr 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
WTF, are they stopping the EU server?

https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsEurope/photos/a.441707025933609.1073741828.441177295986582/1285932341511069/?type=3

quote:

*Important Announcement from the Puzzle & Dragons EU Team*

Magic Stone sales for the Puzzle & Dragons European server will cease effective January 15, 2018 at 3:00 AM (UTC).

Free Magic Stones and Magic Stones purchased prior to the deadline will still be available for use within the game after this date.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Customer service inquiries should be addressed to:
https://secure.gungho.jp/inquiry/pazudora_input_eu.aspx

Really... Not happy at that.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
pretty good chance of them migrating EU accounts into NA id say

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Maybe with Belgium looking to ban loot boxes, Gungho is wary of operating a gatcha there.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

Maybe with Belgium looking to ban loot boxes, Gungho is wary of operating a gatcha there.

Yeah must be the new loot box law. I hope they don't close the server :saddowns:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the eu server is 100% gone but it's not like they haven't tacked one region onto another before

like there's technically a "Taiwan" client but it's actually just the same server as jp, minus a few very minor events.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

trucutru posted:

Do you have a better collection of light mons than dark ones? Because Kamimusubi tends to be better than Yog nowadays for single player stuff.

Oh, didn't know that, thanks. Will remember for next time. Didn't get a Yog anyway.

Yesterday was a Slwepimg Beauty
Today, Cotton, Sitri, Yukimura, Sun Wukong, Grodin, all new apart from G

Will need to go find a Cotton guide because throw in the Sonias and a Kanna worked ok but I could do with a bit of thinking

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

And EU just posted about the Dragonbound/Caller REM

[Duration: 4/12 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 17/12 (Sun), 11:59 PM (UTC)]

Want to know what's happening before any pulls :/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I'm glad I didn't spend any stones on this godfest but I'm surprised we didn't get the second run of monhun first

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Didn't have any samurai so decided to whale for this godfest ("only" 1 pack) ... got 3 samurais -> green, blue, and white. Green and White seem pretty good, don't think i have a team for the blue one? Seems to be for the blue GFE that wants 'white' subs?

Also last roll was a Kamimusubi o_o ( also got 3 of the red *musubi ?)!

So, i guess i should make a team for her, uh? :derp:

edit: poo poo, i should've made a Green Ney to sub on this team, right? :smith:

madstrike fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 1, 2017

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Impulsively spent all my saved stones last night before either announcement, since it was a decent enough GF and I want a Yog:

-Thundering CyberDragon Shedar (actually new)
-Haku #4
-Water Wizard Sharon #whatever
-Sumire #2
-Clever Egg Dragon, Nerva #2
-GrOdin... the very first Odin I've ever pulled in almost 1300 days of playing

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One more free stone pity pull on each account:

Main: Takamimusubi #3
Alt: Ameno :v:

Still have 5/6 pulls plus the free one ready for DC REM, which should set me up adequately.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I’ve been super bored with the game lately, every time I find a fun leader it lasts for a day then I can’t find any partners.

Anyhow was about to delete and did three rolls this morning and pulled out Yog, so I guess I’m back in business!

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

bengy81 posted:

I’ve been super bored with the game lately, every time I find a fun leader it lasts for a day then I can’t find any partners.

Anyhow was about to delete and did three rolls this morning and pulled out Yog, so I guess I’m back in business!

It knew.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
With the official DragonCaller announcement - roll until not rainbow / not exciting:
Amaterasu #3(?)

Welp, that was fast.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I pulled dank skull bong mami oichi and then a Cinderella and green dragon Knight.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

So who is the new dragonbound rem for? Are they mostly subs? Any notable leaders? The only one I've heard fuss over is Rii (Li?)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ideal, notable for being the first monster that's animated

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Munkaboo posted:

So who is the new dragonbound rem for? Are they mostly subs? Any notable leaders? The only one I've heard fuss over is Rii (Li?)

they're mostly subs. all of the 5* monsters but one have triple killer awakenings (the odd man out has an equip evo with double light rows), so you've got great value even if you don't roll something rare. the blue one has dragon killers, green has devil, and red has god

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Munkaboo posted:

People use the triple-killers with the newest Zeus lead for easy clears.

3 minute Arena 1 run with the triple dragon killer and triple devil killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74W4UQcF3w

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

That's hilarious.

Let's be honest, though, who would actually chain run Arena 1 like that? I've been drowing in piis for probably more than a year now

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Munkaboo posted:

I wrote a big analysis of the set here:

https://pastebin.com/L3LFqp49

but basically it represents the biggest single instance of power creep in all aspects in GH's history

Diablos was absurd, but he's only one card, and the non MH FUAs almost immediately got backpatched into the game so Glav and Amatsu were only unique for like a month. Rii has had no equivalent until like a couple of days ago, with a 6* gfe, Tardis has no real equivalent, there is no other inheritable puppeteer or triple dragon killer card (which kiri is both), there is no other prong assist Evo, there wasn't a TE assist Evo for months until JP made a free one we probably won't get, etc

No matter what, no matter what you do or don't have, unless you're 100% brand new (and even then the set has absurdly powerful cards for new players, like how Kulia is extremely good as a poverty dath alternate for players without 750k MP), pull for Lii. Then pull for Tardis, especially if you have Ganesha or Anubis. Then you probs want to pull all the 5* except for Kulia because they're all really good, especially Kiri. After that its basically your choice, but I wouldn't pull for Ideal, personally speaking.

Deffo get Lii and Tadis, though, like in general

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 1, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Cool, I've got about 60 free stones saved and have Anubis and Ganesha.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I wrote a big analysis of the set here:

https://pastebin.com/L3LFqp49

but basically it represents the biggest single instance of power creep in all aspects in GH's history

Nah, Diablos is still better because, get this, you don't have to roll him.

In any case, the dragonbound REM is great value, but most of the monsters are support ones, so save stones for it but don't whale. Rii's skill already has another mon with it in JP (and probably more to come) anyways.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I rolled once yesterday and got Kamimusu-chan :)
Now I have both light yog and dark yog

trucutru posted:

I like the one with 30 total ATK that uses the colors she doesn't have to power her leader skill.

She's also the 5* one so I expect to roll a few dozens of her.

There was a comment on pdx that I support regarding Neamhain:

quote:

What the heck indeed. I have a very strong feeling her evo will turn her into a piece of equipment.

5 awoken skills, 30 atk, odd LS
Sounds ripe for weaponising

I mean, just look at the framing of the image. She's deffo not staying a monster

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 1, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

trucutru posted:

Nah, Diablos is still better because, get this, you don't have to roll him.

In any case, the dragonbound REM is great value, but most of the monsters are support ones, so save stones for it but don't whale. Rii's skill already has another mon with it in JP (and probably more to come) anyways.

Counterpoint: keep rolling until you can fill out a team of 5 ideals

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

ChikoDemono posted:

People use the triple-killers with the newest Zeus lead for easy clears.

3 minute Arena 1 run with the triple dragon killer and triple devil killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74W4UQcF3w

On the first floor, how does a single green non-tpa match hit both enemies?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
The mass-attack team badge that makes all attacks aoe.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress piss rear end I just absentmindedly fed threedia the super emerald king I was gonna use to evolve him.

Oh well I'm only doing it for collection purposes. Andromeda secretly needed quite a bit more stuff than I first thought

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

My main JP account is cursed. Managed to roll all the 5star Full Metal Alchemist cards with no repeats. Same thing happened the last night Monster Hunter was around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
JP just got a one-shot dungeon that drops a random PAD-radar dragon caller (Diara and so on) at the end. So that's how the US will be able to (slowly) evolve their XMs, Xin Huas, and the others.