Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Guys I just realized next week won't have the crossover any more

I'm devastated :smith:

Not as devastated as Grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I thought it was cute how Kara said her cousin was going to save her, then the character played by Brandon Routh saved her.

:3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Phylodox posted:

I thought it was cute how Kara said her cousin was going to save her, then the character played by Brandon Routh saved her.

:3:

:aaa: goddamn that completely flew over my head.

Other gags I whiffed on included the vaporized minister being The Greatest American Hero (though I did think he looked familiar), and "General, would you care to step outside?" (It's been forever since I last saw Superman II)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zebulon posted:

Not as devastated as Grey.

well. I mean technically speaking he can no longer feel devastated, so

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Chokes McGee posted:

well. I mean technically speaking he can no longer feel devastated, so

Jefferson! I’m a ghost! I am here to haunt you and complain about dying!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
We thought Jackson was gonna become Cyborg, but it's actually Grey who's gonna become Deadman! :pseudo:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You guys joke, but when Jax was giving his eulogy about Stein, and how he could still hear his voice or whatnot, I thought they were going to have the professor stay on as a disembodied voice in Jax's head. That way Garber could do whatever he needs to for the role over the phone or, even better, just constantly have Jax reacting to things no one else can hear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would LOVE if Boston Brand became a series regular.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
So was it not possible to transfer the firestorm matrix to Mick? Considering they gave it to Jax after Ronnie ate poo poo you would assume something like this would be possible. “Hey Mick... I heard you like fire”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not sure getting yourself attached to another person is an ideal move, let alone Mick of all people. I mean, you may like the guy but do you really want to be stuck with him for life? Super powers are cool and all, but not that cool. Besides the character development was that Jax came to terms with the fact that he didn't need super powers to be a valuable member of the Legends since he spends most of his time running around and fixing stuff anyway.

That and CGI budgets. Its weird to imagine we might have seen the last of Firestorm but I'm not convinced we have. Jax will probably discover he's still got the powers or get sick like Martin did after Ronnie died and need to find a new partner or something. Its Legends, maybe they'll find a living Ronnie.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Windows 98 posted:

So was it not possible to transfer the firestorm matrix to Mick? Considering they gave it to Jax after Ronnie ate poo poo you would assume something like this would be possible. “Hey Mick... I heard you like fire”

No way Mick agrees to that unless he's the guy shooting fire, not the voice in the head.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Shaddak posted:

No way Mick agrees to that unless he's the guy shooting fire, not the voice in the head.

"Burn them all, kid"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm just happy we got to see Victor Garber in the suit before he left.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

STAC Goat posted:

Super powers are cool and all, but not that cool. Besides the character development was that Jax came to terms with the fact that he didn't need super powers to be a valuable member of the Legends since he spends most of his time running around and fixing stuff anyway.
That makes sense from a character development perspective, but that Spider-Man serum's still lying around right? It would be a waste of resources not to have someone use it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Tiggum posted:

That makes sense from a character development perspective, but that Spider-Man serum's still lying around right? It would be a waste of resources not to have someone use it.

Hell, Ray already reworked that serum for historian dude. Maybe he can come up with something.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

I would LOVE if Boston Brand became a series regular.

Deadman would fit right in with the time Idiots. His power includes making people do things and not existing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You wouldn't even need a regular actor! Get some one off guy to play Brand in a flashback and everything else is people talking in a funny voice in occasion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So the promo for next week shows young Stein showing up as an anachronism. Is this gonna be their workaround for Firestorm?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jax will have a 3 episode story arc the results in him either:

A) accepting his role as an unpowered mechanic
B) somehow being able to be Firestorm alone
C) merging with someone else to become Firestorm (Lily, time-displaced Ronnie, etc)
D) ???

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

oh jay posted:

D) Cyborg

:colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just caught up and man what a fun ride up until the horseshit finale. Like wow, all season long Stein's been throwing up huge death flags left and right, and I was hoping to God after he survived to see the birth of his grandkid (I totally expected him to die before then and then they'd have a cute/sad moment where Lily names the baby after him), that maybe the show would do something unexpected and give him his happy ending. But no, he does the noble sacrifice on Naziworld, and somehow the magic computer lady can't fix them (I noticed Gideon never talked at all in the med bay, I guess even she couldn't explain the lame bullshit happening. It was just all so painfully... predictable. I know none of the Arrowverse shows are winning awards for their masterful writing, but could we just once not use the biggest cliche available when writing off an old character?

Also everybody calls Felicity the worst for hijacking the wedding at the end but I would argue they're all awful because the whole "ceremony" takes place like right after the funeral. While they're all still wearing their funeral clothes! Like drat, you don't have to spend days in mourning or anything, but at least change real quick. It just feels awkward. All that poo poo said though, it was a generally great crossover.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 1, 2017

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

oh jay posted:

D) Merging with other Metas to turbo-charge their powers. Atomic-White Canary! Nuclear-Vixen! Radioactive-Steel! Turbo-Drunk Heatwave!!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I wish they would do something with Lily, but it would seem totally weird given that she just had her first kid and being a legend meant her dad never spent much time with her (that he remembers) and never got to know his grandkid, so it wouldn't really make much sense that she would want to join up too. But I hate how she ended up being literally just a prop for a conflict and never an actual character at all, so maybe abandoning her infant child to travel through time would make her interesting idk

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm always going to suggest goofy time travel poo poo so maybe the can time travel to the past and get teenage!Lilly to live on the ship and babysit while adult!Lilly is being Firestorm.
Yes, it's a paradox on top of a time aberration, but this is Captain Lance and the Time Idiots and at that point in the discussion they likely rejected the idea of leaving the kid in Aruba (not gonna' happen Mick) or building a nanny-bot body for Gideon (actress isn't available more than once every 3 seasons.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's time travel, she could do a decade of it and return to when she left.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jax merges with Baby Ronnie, just hears goo-goos and gah-gahs in his head.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

oh jay posted:

Jax will have a 3 episode story arc the results in him either:

A) accepting his role as an unpowered mechanic
B) somehow being able to be Firestorm alone
C) merging with someone else to become Firestorm (Lily, time-displaced Ronnie, etc)
D) ???
D) Spider-Man.

Aphrodite posted:

It's time travel, she could do a decade of it and return to when she left.
That worked out really well for her father.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the Legends are the dumbest people on Earth, in any timeline.

She has a chance to be different.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Spoiler image from next weeks episode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

and just when you thought that Legends couldn't get better! :swoon:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Neal McDonough is living his best life.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I love this wonderful stupid show. I'd say it's the best of the CW DC shows, but I can't say that with certainty, since the only CW DC shows i've watched from the beginning are this and Supergirl. I never got into Arrow or Flash for whatever reason. They might be good, too, but i'm probably never going to have to patience to binge-watch their whole runs, so for the time being, i'm going to stick to my "Legends is the best CW DC show, as far as I know" guns.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Gonz posted:

I love this wonderful stupid show. I'd say it's the best of the CW DC shows, but I can't say that with certainty, since the only CW DC shows i've watched from the beginning are this and Supergirl. I never got into Arrow or Flash for whatever reason. They might be good, too, but i'm probably never going to have to patience to binge-watch their whole runs, so for the time being, i'm going to stick to my "Legends is the best CW DC show, as far as I know" guns.

Season 1 of The Flash is well worth watching, to be honest. A more light-hearted feel/atmosphere all around and if you've enjoyed Thawne on Legends you'd probably love his slow build up and bastardry there. Seasons 2 and 3 kind of are a wet fart all around, but season 4 has been a (sort of) return to form.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Flash season 3 has the benefit of making explicit who his greatest enemy has always implicitly been.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Tiggum posted:

Give it to René on Arrow! He can paint his suit green and call himself "Wild Frog".

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I enjoy the idea of the Legends going to the future to splice all their unpowered folks up some abilities. Seems like something they would do without thinking through the consequences.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010
I want to see more of Leo and Ray.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Carlosologist posted:

and just when you thought that Legends couldn't get better! :swoon:

I have learned not to think that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fantastic. At this point I just want to know where and what their ceiling is... and how can they find a way to bust through even that?

EDIT: A legit question; looking back on Season 1, Vandal Savage was definitely a weak point of not just the show but the universe in general. ...Would he have gone over better if they kept his plans and motivation the same, but made him a funny villain with a personality like Dahrk and Thawne? Or would he still have sucked?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

GreenNight posted:

Spoiler image from next weeks episode

They found an even worse wig.