Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/936080955185487880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it was rted by some liberal anime nerd, idk man embeds are not endorsements

https://twitter.com/lumatheodoro/status/935898792104140801

they guillotined someone the year the atari came out, owns imo

"Firing squad" for Russia is a bit generous. They just put the guy (he was a cannibalistic serial killer if I recall correctly) in a room and shot him in the back of the head. They didn't do the thing with multiple shooters and one random gun being empty because it was considered inefficient, and a single bullet to the head had become the preferred way to save ammunition during wartime.

Also, the last Spanish execution by asphyxiation in 1974 was with a garotte. It was considered too brutal, so the ones of 1975 were by firing squad.

twoday has issued a correction as of 12:32 on Dec 1, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

How can Ukraine have no data, but they know the last execution was in 1997?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Ukraine entered the Council of Europe in 1995 and as part of its obligations, it had to cease employing the death penalty. According to Amnesty International they were still doing it on the downlow until 1997. The Ukrainian government maintained a policy of secrecy surrounding the executions, with limited data made public. Presumably they would have still been using the Soviet single bullet to the back of the head technique.

The Donetsk People's Republic reintroduced capital punishment in 2014.

twoday has issued a correction as of 13:03 on Dec 1, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

you must never play this

(i stole that joke somewhere)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

twoday posted:

Ukraine entered the Council of Europe in 1995 and as part of its obligations, it had to cease employing the death penalty. According to Amnesty International they were still doing it on the downlow until 1997. The Ukrainian government maintained a policy of secrecy surrounding the executions, with limited data made public. Presumably they would have still been using the Soviet single bullet to the back of the head technique.

The Donetsk People's Republic reintroduced capital punishment in 2014.

And their method of execution became an exploding elevator.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

twoday posted:

"Firing squad" for Russia is a bit generous. They just put the guy (he was a cannibalistic serial killer if I recall correctly) in a room and shot him in the back of the head. They didn't do the thing with multiple shooters and one random gun being empty because it was considered inefficient, and a single bullet to the head had become the preferred way to save ammunition during wartime.

Also, the last Spanish execution by asphyxiation in 1974 was with a garotte. It was considered too brutal, so the ones of 1975 were by firing squad.

bring back the brazen bull, I say

maybe the death penalty would be a better deterrent if the victim was getting totally clowned on as s/he died

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lmao, the first reply to that tweet is just "Crimea is russia #Russiabot"

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

does anyone have that picture of the fyad poster who went broke-brained/alt-right and had to go to therapy 'cause all he could think was racial epithets after being immersed in fyad for too long?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Unless posted:

does anyone have that picture of the fyad poster who went broke-brained/alt-right and had to go to therapy 'cause all he could think was racial epithets after being immersed in fyad for too long?

quote:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/m_tisserand/status/936360381529886720

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

Whats the deal with that, Lana del Raytheon no longer exists

Somebody in another thread explained it as "LDR created an entire new form of genderqueer where you present as a super-woke woman online calling out sexist men but all along you're just a married thirty-something dude who wants to bang teen girls"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They weren't even a poster, they were somebody that lurked SA and never posted

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

did/does LDR even use they/them pronouns in public or at work or with their wife? because otherwise that’s sub-dolezal levels of legitimacy and effort

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I didn't know LDR was held up as some sort of gender icon, the only tweets from him I ever saw were either jokes or bland takes. Huh.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

that lady has enormous boobies

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that lady has enormous boobies

Show me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:thunk: joyann reid bad???

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

not even your phony genderqueer label can protect you from the sheer libido slaughterer that is the Donald Duck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

she's a model btw

https://twitter.com/laylasafavi/status/876625365438873600

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Somebody in another thread explained it as "LDR created an entire new form of genderqueer where you present as a super-woke woman online calling out sexist men but all along you're just a married thirty-something dude who wants to bang teen girls"

That's a super gross thing to say? Everyone needs to knock it off with this poo poo.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Guy Goodbody posted:

my pronouns are alright/alright/alriiiiight

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's impressively evil.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

an actual dog posted:

That's a super gross thing to say? Everyone needs to knock it off with this poo poo.

did ldr even use gender neutral pronouns outside of twitter?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

TenementFunster posted:

my pronouns are alright/alright/alriiiiight

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:macconnaugheysay:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I don't give a gently caress

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

what's the implication here, hamboy?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there's so many things to make fun of with LDR idk why you have to pull a gender

https://twitter.com/dogboner/status/936639872101769217

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/931350205705965569

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I've analyzed the pink silk pajama pic and confirmed it: likely manlet status on this week's DSA predator. SMV Theory proven yet again

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Mute posted:

what's the implication here, hamboy?

that ldr was a fraud appropriating genderqueer identity to creep on / solicit nudes from young women without being immediately identified as a gross internet pervert

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
And yeah please stop misgendering the bald bearded sexual predator who claimed to be a woman to manipulate and prey on teen girls

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

that ldr was a fraud appropriating genderqueer identity to creep on / solicit nudes from young women without being immediately identified as a gross internet pervert

walgreenslatino posted:

And yeah please stop misgendering the bald bearded sexual predator who claimed to be a woman to manipulate and prey on teen girls
:chloe:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress off walgreenslatino and hamprince

DSLAM
Apr 4, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

they guillotined someone the year the atari came out, owns imo

I guess we killed Quisling after 1876. Probably some war thing or whatever.

Edit: I did not see the peace time execution.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Unsurprising that the gender police would stand up for the member of the cop organization :thunk:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

This is literally true.