Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

El Roncho posted:

I don't understand Roxy's appeal but I'm not super into the animes so...

she's been a journeyman fighter for like fifteen years now. i guess she turned her career around but she was a mediocre fighter in a bad division for a long time. roxanne modaferri in a ufc title fight would've been like, i dunno, like imagining war machine in a ufc title fight. except it's happening, and it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

mewse posted:

I think we can all agree she'd be making WAY more money as a computer programmer

The usual reason this is so stupid is because, of course, of the fire and drive and passion that leads one to try and become the best at anything, but especially a combat sport, is so far removed from a lame rear end white collar job for nose pickers that it's frankly rude & shows a lack of understanding to even suggest it, regardless of if anyone would be making more or less money as a computer programmer.

But I mean Roxy would probably be a good computer programmer.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
war machine before he was in jail. when he got choked unconscious by yoshida in a minute.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Roxy trained in Japan because womens MMA didn't exist in America at the time and as a result she internalized and used the Japanese MMA training schema, like Don't do weights because that's for homos, Don't accidentally beat anyone whos been at the dojo longer than you because it's rude, always skootch yourself around the floor on your back after every class to show respect and clean the floor etc. and as a result she sucked like all Japanese fighters do. But I guess she's with a real team now and someone told her how to throw a punch.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Roxy trained in Japan because womens MMA didn't exist in America at the time and as a result she internalized and used the Japanese MMA training schema, like Don't do weights because that's for homos, Don't accidentally beat anyone whos been at the dojo longer than you because it's rude, always skootch yourself around the floor on your back after every class to show respect and clean the floor etc. and as a result she sucked like all Japanese fighters do. But I guess she's with a real team now and someone told her how to throw a punch.

my favorite roxy thing ever is when Sarah Kaufmann, noted 1-2-1 puncher knocked her out with a slam.

my second favorite roxy thing ever is when a flyweight boxer did the same thing on TUF

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's impressive how far she's gotten by just training at a real gym

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

it was cool because she'd post on myspace about the pro level strats her training partners were giving her and it was like "stop eating sodium 6 weeks before the fight, all the weight you lose will be sodium and then you just have water left to cut"

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Nierbo posted:

I have no idea why roxy is still even fighting at this point. Her green belt in japanese jiu jitsu or whatever just doesnt cut it

Shes getting $100k. I would fight anyone in my weight class for $100k.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I’d punch myself in the dick for five rounds for $100k.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm very excited for the fights tomorrow

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Gay Horney posted:

I'm very excited for the fights tomorrow

But there's a title fight tonight!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'll get the new thread up tonight folks, anyone got some titles?

Also, is there going to be a GDT for both events this weekend or just the PPV?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
TUF Finale: Maybe Watch Glory Instead

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I will have a gdt for tomorrow up in a few hours, its 99% written but I am at the park with my dog so posting will have to wait and it might not be up before tonights card that no one will watch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm not broke, but paying for tomorrow's card seems sorta...naaaaaah...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Why, its good

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I religiously watch every Overeem fight no matter what

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Captain Log posted:

The main card for tomorrow, aside from Torres/Waterson, seems really good actually.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I think he is an all time great, but I rarely found myself pumped for post WEC Aldo.

Watching the homunculus in Overeem frantically mash the buttons in his brain is always worth watching, though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

I will have a gdt for tomorrow up in a few hours, its 99% written but I am at the park with my dog so posting will have to wait and it might not be up before tonights card that no one will watch.

is it pizza themed?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Overeem/Ngannou is gonna look like a low level Dark Souls character fighting a tremendously powerful boss; only they're both kinda the same size.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I think he is an all time great, but I rarely found myself pumped for post WEC Aldo.

Watching the homunculus in Overeem frantically mash the buttons in his brain is always worth watching, though.

You absolutely suck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Will there be a GDT for the finale? Prelims start in 8 min.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
GDT thread for finale here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842377

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Captain Log posted:

going to watch it at buffalo wild wings beacuase, fellas, Im retard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Noctone posted:

I’d punch myself in the dick for five rounds for $100k.

Trying to put Alex Caceres out of work?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vaginal facsimile posted:

Have fun

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The main card for tomorrow, aside from Torres/Waterson, seems really good actually.

Karate Hottie owns.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Tecia is good too, I'm excited for that fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Karate Hottie owns.

I like Waterson but Tecia Torres has a knack for making really boring fights

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

vaginal facsimile posted:

Godspeed

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

GDT for tomorrow

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3842384

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Let's say Reem wins this fight, then the title fight. Is he in the GOAT conversation? I think so. He has a lot of losses but he has a poo poo load more fights than anyone except Fedor who is also in that conversation at HW.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hey! You're not work friend keven, what's your deal

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

Let's say Reem wins this fight, then the title fight. Is he in the GOAT conversation? I think so. He has a lot of losses but he has a poo poo load more fights than anyone except Fedor who is also in that conversation at HW.

he knee'd brock lesnar in the gut so hard he poo poo himself and cried so he's already the goat

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Gay Horney posted:

Sure whatever why not

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

(Gay Horny says something that everyone ITT thought was literally true 6 years ago): This guys trolling wtf.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Travis Browne is bad, Roxanne Modsaforum is good. Hmm, got it.
oh, is that who all this chatter is about? lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

http://puu.sh/yxKTx/38ea47b5bc.webm

And also Gaethje doing this with Alvarez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

actually it's good

Speaking of good, here's your new thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842417

• Locked thread