Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
I believe this is correct

Verlander - TheChirurgeon
Altuve - Kirios
Correa - Intruder
El Oso Blanco - PrinceRandom
Springer - fast cars loose anus
Kuechel - Edward Mass
Morton - b0ng
McCullers - MrMidnight
Marwin - curried lamb of God
McCann - Big Mean Jerk
Bregman - ComposerGuy
---
Devo - Posture Pal
Beltran - Korranus
Peacock - Wax Dynasty
Ric Flair - Sab0921

I'll go ahead and request Yuli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Problematic choice :siren:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Why did I get put at the end of the list :(

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sab0921 posted:

I'll take Reddick as Ric Flair. wooooooooooooooooooooo

I first wanted Morton, then McCann - but I guess they were already gone. I regret nothing since I was late to the game because partying on Main St after the win!

DONE!

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nope, and I haven’t received my order from the Chronicle either.

Fwiw, I got my Chronicle order of two extra winning editions about four days ago. Still nothing on the Sports Illustrated reprints.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I didn't realize I requested Marwin once he was already taken :smith:

If you have one more in you, could you possibly do McHugh?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Crane swore that once the Astros were ready to contend, the payroll would rise into the top 5 in baseball

Step number one of that needs to be ripping up the remaining years of Altuve's contract and locking him up for the remainder of his prime. As nice as it is to have him at such a huge bargain, the longer they leave him on that contract the less likely I think he is to stay when it's up

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
First avatar I've ever bought - and yes, Altuve has earned the poo poo out of his payday. Pay that man.

The Chirurgeon is the loving man!

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 29, 2017

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes you can! DONE!

e: OK, as far as I can tell that wraps up the legit requests, or the ones that are coherent. Thus begins ROUND 2!

Sab0921, you've got first pick, though iirc you wanted Reddick as Flair, right? Please confirm.

After that, I'll take another few requests. Players only though (sorry, candide--no gloves or hills)

Oh man this owns.

I'll be sorry to see my Charge of the Yates Brigade go, but its time.

ComposerGuy fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 30, 2017

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/sheaserrano/status/936372050809249792

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Crosspost

https://twitter.com/RealKentMurphy/status/935965514110824449

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
fuckin owns

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Here I thought I was their biggest fan. I ain't got poo poo on that person.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's here! It's here!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Should really ask him to add the video of Intruder eating the bananas/pie to his holiday display

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

candide posted:

requesting avatar of Tal's Hill or the train or Beltran's glove

I know the dead glove won't be fulfilled, but I've got the claim on Beltran and if you want him instead be my guest. That's five bucks I really ought to put towards Harvey rebuild.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

The Astros are entirely non-existent in Ken Burns Baseball (it should be re-titled Ken Burns Yankees (and various other NY teams) power hour).

They had a small overview of players in the strike shortened 1994 season and discussed Barry Bonds, Matt Williams, Tony Gwynn and I guess ignored the NL MVP entirely.

Edit: I have now finished 18 hours of this. The Astros were mentioned one time (random picture of the Astrodome intermixed with pictures/videos of the demolition of the old ballparks in the 60s)

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, BP has Whitley as having jumped Tucker for the top prospect in the org

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Edward Mass posted:

It's here! It's here!

When'd you place your order? I placed my order literally a month ago and the full charge just went through like a day ago.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Like, the instant they went on sale. November 3rd?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
FWIW, I’ve seen them at several Sam’s Clubs around town near the book section.

I finally got a shipping update for the Chronicle order I placed the week of the win.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 7, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I bet SI is making a killing on those reprints

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Edward Mass posted:

Like, the instant they went on sale. November 3rd?

Bodes reasonably well for me then. I placed my order on the 6th, so I guess it’s any day now :shobon:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Crossposting from the sports broadcasting thread:

Edward Mass posted:

AT&T SportsNet Southwest update: they're getting sued

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bye Fiers, have fun in Detroit. Thanks for your no hitter and that one month you were good this season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It also closes the book on that awful Gomez trade.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You can't overstate the importance of that one month Fiers was good though. Keuchel, McCullers, McHugh and Morton were all on the DL at the time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hot take: the Astros should trade away Marwin while he's at his max value, coming off by far the best season of his career and on his contract year so probably not returning

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Hot take: the Astros should trade away Marwin while he's at his max value, coming off by far the best season of his career and on his contract year so probably not returning

This is a good take. Replace him in the OF with Stanton

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

All hope is lost.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress the Yankees. Glad we got our ring in while we could.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We'll just have to beat the Yankees anyway

Just won a title off a year where Keuchel missed half of it, McCuller missed half of it, only had Verlander for a month, Bregman got off to a super slow start, Correa missed over a month, and the bats and bullpen were trash during the playoffs

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Indians are still the main challenge to the Astros's AL championship throne.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
The Yankees don't scare me.

gently caress 'em.

....well that's my take, thanks.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

They still probably only barely crack the top 3 of the "gently caress the..." ranks though.

And yeah, if Lunhow isn't at least shopping around Marwin's name that'd be really silly. He's far more valuable to another team than he is to us.

I'd honestly shop Morton around too, he was a fixer-upper that we fixed up and can flip for profit at this point. He's the 4th best starter we've got but he'd probably be 2nd or 3rd for some teams if he performs like he did last year.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

No Safe Word posted:

They still probably only barely crack the top 3 of the "gently caress the..." ranks though.

Who is ahead of them? The Rangers and...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd keep Morton honestly. He's on a good contract and his value to the Astros is probably higher than anyone they could get for him. Plus DAT SPIN RATE

The only reason to flip Morton would be if you think his (mostly) healthy year was a big anomaly. You could do a lot worse at fourth/fifth starter though

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Marwin and a prospect for J.D. Martinez.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ComposerGuy posted:

Who is ahead of them? The Rangers and...

If you want to go along with the rest of SAS, the Angels :v: but for me personally, the Cardinals (yes, still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Always the Cardinals

lol if the Astros go ahead and sign JD

Full circle baybee

• Locked thread