Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Unfunny Poster posted:

Torres has only lost to Thug Rose right?

Could be valid as a contender if she gets another win or two.

She's a contender now. This is WMMA we're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Alvarez/Gaethje fight owned

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 3, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Reem is the goat of my heart

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Gay Horney posted:

Reem is the fainting goat of my heart

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

I'm not broke, but paying for tomorrow's card seems sorta...naaaaaah...

Look at this post and how wrong it is. Look at it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

That was a fantastic card.

Can't wait for Francis vs Stipe, and I'm sad we won't get to see Conor vs Max 2.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Ngannou is a bad, bad man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beautiful :allears:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Haha. "He looks like the heavyweight champion of something."

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Speaking of which, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ITB_bu-YU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. Francis is stylin'.

Edit: I think I'm going to put on a kurta in solidarity.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Looks like DJ finally has to fight TJ until he pulls out for a broken rear end or whatever is popular these days.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

:perfect:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grem posted:

Looks like DJ finally has to fight TJ until he pulls out for a broken rear end or whatever is popular these days.

Dj is gonna win

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Grem posted:

who said that? when? sick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gaethje vs Alvarez was incredibly great.

The Overeem KO was incredibly sick. I'd favour Miocic but anyone who can crack like that has a chance so Ngannou might just win.

The Aldo fight was just pretty depressing outside of Holloway being amazing as ever.

Aldo's leg kicks at this point are a myth. They're not a weapon he's had in his arsenal like he used to for longer than he ever did. Aldo throws them, Rogan cums, Holloway doesn't care, Aldo sees that, throws less, Rogan cums, Holloway doesn't care, Aldo throws them less again, Rogan cums again the next time he throws another that doesn't do much.
That gas tank that struggled for 5 at his best is now struggling for three, his punches don't have as much pop. The stoppage was pretty bad but I'm not gonna complain about it too much. Aldo was clearly done a good 20 to 30 seconds before the fight was called but he wasn't getting pummelled into the mat super badly.

That's the fight game though, a young, hungry warrior comes along and the old guard get decimated.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

who said that? when? sick.

Dana said it at the post-fight presser tonight, go to 31:39 if it doesn't cue up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yqXu2ZW7_I&t=1899s

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Dana said it at the post-fight presser tonight, go to 31:39 if it doesn't cue up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yqXu2ZW7_I&t=1899s

That'll be both cool and good regardless of who wins.

Would be cool if TJ won so he can go "I'm the only active double champ in UFC history" and rile up McGregor fans.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Overeem KO was incredibly sick. I'd favour Miocic but anyone who can crack like that has a chance so Ngannou might just win.

The Aldo fight was just pretty depressing outside of Holloway being amazing as ever.

Aldo's leg kicks at this point are a myth. They're not a weapon he's had in his arsenal like he used to for longer than he ever did. Aldo throws them, Rogan cums, Holloway doesn't care, Aldo sees that, throws less, Rogan cums, Holloway doesn't care, Aldo throws them less again, Rogan cums again the next time he throws another that doesn't do much.
That gas tank that struggled for 5 at his best is now struggling for three, his punches don't have as much pop. The stoppage was pretty bad but I'm not gonna complain about it too much. Aldo was clearly done a good 20 to 30 seconds before the fight was called but he wasn't getting pummelled into the mat super badly.

That's the fight game though, a young, hungry warrior comes along and the old guard get decimated.

The stoppage was fine

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Just rewatching the prelims because my wife missed them.

Drakkar Klose is a loving douchelord.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Torres has only lost to Thug Rose right?

Could be valid as a contender if she gets another win or two.

She lost to Randa Markos back on TUF, but yeah. She's Fitch esque in her ability to win in completely uninteresting ways.

Aldo's leg kicks at this point are a myth.

They were his best weapon. Everybody noticed that. Everybody tried to figure out how to nullify it. A lot did figure out how to get him to throw them less (like Frankie and Chad) Max is the first guy to do that and beat him, because Max is a monster, despite looking like the kid in Stranger Things that tells them a girl beat their high score at Frogger.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
What the gently caress, Max Holloway didn't have a striking coach until after he lost to Conor. With his odd face, catchphrase, Diaz brand chin and desire to represent a people and/or culture by beating the poo poo out of people this might just be the perfect fighter

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The Ngannou knockout was sick, but it was also probably the most worried I've been about the guy getting KTFO'd. I was super relieved when Overeem got up to congratulate Ngannou

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

aldo looked good .. he just lost. sort of like how frankie edgar keeps losing to him

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

aldo looked good .. he just lost. sort of like how frankie edgar keeps losing to him

can you imagine how utterly hosed this division is going to be if both edgar and aldo are simultaneous gatekeepers?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

aldo is bad now because he can't abuse steroids as much

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can you imagine how utterly hosed this division is going to be if both edgar and aldo are simultaneous gatekeepers?

Congratulations on winning six straight at featherweight. Your reward is to headline a fight night card in your hometown and be kicked in the legs for 25 minutes by a bored-looking Jose Aldo in front of 4500 drunk people.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I missed the card but in tribute to Jose Aldo I watched late night Cinemax instead

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/937230968963895296

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
what's crazy about ngannou's KO, to me, is that i think that's not even his hardest left uppercut knockout. when he hit luis henrique with that punch i thought he might have killed him, henrique's skin flew like two inches off his skull like a cartoon

and he's not a southpaw. christ

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Let's all bow our heads and have a minute of silence for Overeem's now 2-3 year shorter life after taking that punch. Jesus.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
that alhassan fight could have been nuts >=(

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I know Conor didn't kill max because of a leg injury or w/e but I think Max would beat him if they fought now

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Gay Horney posted:

that alhassan fight could have been nuts >=(

Yeah that was like your mom walking in on you masturbating and halting the cumming process.

Thanks, MOM(Herb Dean)!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bundt Cake posted:

I know Conor didn't kill max because of a leg injury or w/e but I think Max would beat him if they fought now

Max was only 21 when he fought Conor and he's gotten so drat good since then. Shame it'll never happen because Conor won't make weight with concrete shoes/other excuse here.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Max was only 21 when he fought Conor and he's gotten so drat good since then. Shame it'll never happen because Conor won't make weight with concrete shoes/other excuse here.

Conor's ego is too heavy for mortal athletic commission scales now.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

same, and learning that he didn't even have a striking coach until after that fight blew my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread