Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Since Star Citizen's current time is our year plus 930 years that means SQ42 is unnecessary. Admiral Bishop has already sent in Squadron 42 and they exploded the Vanduul's homeworld, which absolutely bore no resemblance to Starkiller Base. Mission Accomplished.

Tax:

kilus aof fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I did a 6hr stream of Universal Combat back in Sept. It's also in the channel. I am planning on doing one for Echo Squad SE as well sometime next week.

Is there any particular game you want me to stream play?

minecraft

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I did a 6hr stream of Universal Combat back in Sept. It's also in the channel. I am planning on doing one for Echo Squad SE as well sometime next week.

Is there any particular game you want me to stream play?

Minecraft. With the feed the beast Direwolf 20 mod pack.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Combat Theory posted:

Derek streaming 3.0 would be the single occasion that would make me open a starcitizen twitch stream again this year apart from the holiday livestream

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

kilus aof posted:

Since Star Citizen's current time is our year plus 930 years that means SQ42 is unnecessary. Admiral Bishop has already sent in Squadron 42 and they exploded the Vanduul's homeworld, which absolutely bore no resemblance to Starkiller Base. Mission Accomplished.

Tax:

that horse is having the time of its life

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

I think your numbers are off; the sale isn't going on until the 11th of December, it ends on the 4th, meaning it's 11 days long.

Maybe you're thinking of the Drake poll/contest which ends on the 11th?

[EDIT] just realised that the concept sales continue until the 11th, so I guess they might see some sales continue until then, but the main anniversary one ends on the 4th, I think?
this is the first year new concepts have been extended (the land sale lasts until the 11th as well). it's part of the anniversary sale in my opinion

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum> Star Citizen: Now some of you might think "Star Citizen is not a cathedral"...

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the great thing is they can spin up the new drake ship for the holiday sale in a week or two

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TheAgent posted:

the great thing is they can spin up the new drake ship for the holiday sale in a week or two

People keep voting for the carrier. Somehow the less expensive salvage ship which serves as a perfect conceptual clone to the popular mining ship they sold last year keeps winning.

Wild.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Star Citizen is a Mind Palace not a Cathedral :argh:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Combat Theory posted:

Derek streaming 3.0 would be the single occasion that would make me open a starcitizen twitch stream again this year apart from the holiday livestream

I am totally planning on doing it; and of course they would burn that account immediately.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

drat, "committing" a refund is pretty good too

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOpYMW1k0A&t=15s

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

People keep voting for the carrier. Somehow the less expensive salvage ship which serves as a perfect conceptual clone to the popular mining ship they sold last year keeps winning.

Wild.
Wait, wait, the carrier isn't winning anymore? Because it was clearly ahead at the start. Haha.

CIG can't even figure out how you do a fake vote.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

"FUD sippers".

Garcon! Bring me a glass of the vintage 2013 FUD, warmed before a fire and barrel-aged in fine oak casks. And make sure it's the 2013, I want to savour the aroma of crazed org tactical manuals without any bits of Starfarer floating in it.

Then bring me a snifter of backer tears and a small tray of savoury Cymelions. I shall retire to the Calling Room.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Wait, wait, the carrier isn't winning anymore? Because it was clearly ahead at the start. Haha.

Well, the poll shows more people want to be salvagers than combat pilots.

Of course that means the salvagers will wind up fighting each other over salvage sites.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Spiderdrake posted:

Due to overwhelming support it'll be promised for release once the whale's credit cards have recharged a bit from the recent big ship spending spree. In the meantime they need to release a smaller version of a old forgotten larger ship that insinuates that a gameplay aspect not only has received actual planning but is almost certainly right around the corner.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

kilus aof posted:

Tax:

Nobody puts StarCitizen in a corner

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

In today's test session of my sole space/planetary fighter combat game, there was an epic space combat battle between capital ships. Come watch the carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu7VA6oUM2g

I tried watching but something constantly warned me of doing so....

....bogey....bogey....bogey...bogey....bogey....

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

No don't play minecrafty DS, as that puts twitch dangerously close to an autismic meltdown. If there's a good late 90s space/sci-fi dx9 game with a working multiplayer component, perhaps Mechwarrior 4, it would be all the more fun to join in on the warlord's lance.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Play Pulsar the Lost Colony with all of your closest friends.

Run around in a lonely engineering room flipping switches while people scream at you about the shields.

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

It's a sign they don't write unit tests, not that the math is complex.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

loving :lol: no. Not by a long shot. Wait, it's all going to come out soon enough. It always does.

Sorry, I didn't phrase the question very well. What I meant to ask was 'do you think the amount of money CIG has raised is greater than the amount shown by the tracker or less than the amount shown by the tracker'. I've always thought CIG were inflating the figure to give the impression of success, but I guess it could work the other way.

D_Smart posted:

I am totally planning on doing it; and of course they would burn that account immediately.

I can understand that you'd be reluctant to give CIG any money (even $45), but could you give someone $45 cash, then they use their card/details to buy a base package which you use for the stream? I would be interesting to see if you are a better player of SC than CR :)

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

Wonder how many polygons that sucker's made of

Should be no problem getting it into the game

Still way behind in the thread, but this is an easy fix.

Slap an alpha on the gray background and set the Vanduul sprite to always face the camera. Four vertices and two tri polygons. There could be thousands of these in game that way!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Rantista posted:

I decided to try 3.0 and I have to give them that the patcher works much better now, I haven't seen these speeds in Steam. Its maxing out my gigabit connection:

Oh man, so much catching up to do, and now the only post I want to find is this guy coming back when he realizes he's downloading 3.0 on the wrong patcher and has to download it all over again.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Guys, St. Peter's Basilica took 144 years to build! How can you possibly expect Star Citizen to take less care than the Vatican?

Guys, Sacsayhuaman took 60 years to build and it's just stones stacked on top of each other! Star Citizen is going to need a lot more work than that!

Guys, Angkor Wat took like 400 years to build and people are always featuring it as a wonder of the world in Civ games! You already know that Star Citizen is the world's greatest wonder, so just think how long it's going to take.

Star Citizen is an investment in future generations and should be treated as such.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kephael posted:

It's a sign they don't write unit tests, not that the math is complex.

I love shitizen logic. Star Citizen must be good, therefore any shortcoming is actually just a quirk of how great it is.

What a unique method of comma usage he has invented.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mne nravitsya posted:

Still way behind in the thread, but this is an easy fix.

Slap an alpha on the gray background and set the Vanduul sprite to always face the camera. Four vertices and two tri polygons. There could be thousands of these in game that way!

That would also give the game a real Wing Commander feel

Not a bad idea at all

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

There are two things that you, Lladre, the micro-penis guy (e: apparently he realizes them, so it's all cool), balls-dude, and the rest of the anti-Derek brigade do not seem to be able to comprehend:

I) Most of us know most of that. We just don't care because Derek is a net-positive in the laugh-production category.

II) We are posting in a laid-back, comedy forum.

The only thing wrong with Derek Shart is his sub-human preferences on pizza toppings.

LoL

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I miss anything over the last 400 posts or so?

People shilling for Derek. Some good Mirificus dumps, in other words, just another Sunday.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
If I shill for Derek, does that mean that he will shill for me?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Wuxi posted:

All of this will be forgotten when we see the first glimpse of SQ42 gameplay, with a 2018 release date internal deadline vague promise totally non-binding timeline that we all knew to be false anyway, because Chris is such an optimist, god bless his soul.

I mean, they use CryEngine, how loving hard can it be to put together a single-player FPS level and turn that into a shiny highlight-reel demo?

Apparently the 400+ people working for Cloud Imperium Games are finding creating a level in CryEngine is a very loving hard thing to do.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tuo posted:

I tried watching but something constantly warned me of doing so....

....bogey....bogey....bogey...bogey....bogey....

heh yeah.

I am watching Shitizens down vote the video like crazy. They're morons, because I deliberately hid the stats. :laffo:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ponzi posted:

Sorry, I didn't phrase the question very well. What I meant to ask was 'do you think the amount of money CIG has raised is greater than the amount shown by the tracker or less than the amount shown by the tracker'. I've always thought CIG were inflating the figure to give the impression of success, but I guess it could work the other way.

According to sources, it's inflated up, not down. Plus, there is no plausible reason why they would hide the fact that they have raised more when that would simply help their narrative of healthy interest in the project. But then again, they're not including investment, loans etc, so the total that has gone into project could very well be higher or lower.

quote:

I can understand that you'd be reluctant to give CIG any money (even $45), but could you give someone $45 cash, then they use their card/details to buy a base package which you use for the stream? I would be interesting to see if you are a better player of SC than CR :)

I have two accounts already.

----------------