Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

heh yeah.

I am watching Shitizens down vote the video like crazy. They're morons, because I deliberately hid the stats. :laffo:

It’s nothing to do with the fact that it looks and sounds like unfun garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

HycoCam posted:

code:
JU-LY BLOOOOGG!
	/

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Holy hell the newsvan "starter" package is $85

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lt_Tofu posted:

Then why are they not in the game already.

You should ask Reddit. :allears:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Golli posted:

Well, the poll shows more people want to be salvagers than combat pilots.
When the poll was first posted here, the big ship was 50% of the vote, while the other two were splitting about a quarter each.

I'm guessing they wanted the narrative to be "you selected this easy to shovel out model!" and that will win instead.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Frankly, I've never heard of a ship that salvages above its weight; the very notion sounds ridiculous.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

Wow, the Infinity: Battlescape planetary graphics are gorgeous. It really puts SC to shame by comparison.

I agree with this opinion. :shobon:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCKUhmbyGdM

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

In many ways this thread itself is a continual grief machine.

I am a grief cog. Back at the ole grief factory they thought it was pretty useful though. I hope we are making the thread worth reading while in the bathroom!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Solarin posted:

chilldankli are in

You’re probably misunderstood. The Chilldankli would be a funny and cute race with an iota of originality. Can’t have that in Chris Roberts home, unless you can somehow tie them back to a movie, franchise, other game, or popular book. If you can wrap them into WW2, extra points towards making it into the game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

no_recall posted:

Holy poo poo, whats wrong with these people.

$6.59M raked in for sale to date.

10/81 participants left in the running.

Wow.

Guess everyone did buy a Cutlass / Phoenix / Aurora / Javelin / Hammerhead!

Props to ya'll for keeping us entertained for another while longer!

My biggest problem, that I always have with SC, is that no matter how bad it is or how much I know I have to ignore logic, I keep assuming people are not fools.

All my projections are off because I can’t accept how stupid people are about this game.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

You’re probably misunderstood. The Chilldankli would be a funny and cute race with an iota of originality. Can’t have that in Chris Roberts home, unless you can somehow tie them back to a movie, franchise, other game, or popular book. If you can wrap them into WW2, extra points towards making it into the game.

Just tell Chris that they're like Ewoks, and also that Ewoks totally toke

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Golli posted:

The first bit is some slowed down CR talking. The rest is dialog from the movie, and maybe some more CR. The important bits all appear onscreen.

Yay. Thank you muchly, friend! :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wise Learned Man posted:

I love shitizen logic. Star Citizen must be good, therefore any shortcoming is actually just a quirk of how great it is.

What a unique method of comma usage he has invented.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Titanic posted:

My biggest problem, that I always have with SC, is that no matter how bad it is or how much I know I have to ignore logic, I keep assuming people are not fools.
I was going to post something original here but to truly become the cultist you can't have any original thoughts. Only knock offs with the PINS crudely filed off. So I guess you need to chant "FUD is the mind killer" while hitting yourself in the head with a paint can until buying an idris sounds like a good idea.

Only then you will be prepared to evaluate the whales.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/vulture-are-you-kidding-me

look at this. One of the most active threads on spectrum. mad about the spaceships.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Yup. Have those as well.

I keep looking for the anime figurines, and not seeing them confuses me.

I had a nice box collection before Katrina wiped out my house. :shrug:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SCtrumpHaters posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/vulture-are-you-kidding-me

look at this. One of the most active threads on spectrum. mad about the spaceships.
You'd be mad too if your fake jpeg spaceship was losing to voter fraud on a fake forum to a fake game!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SCtrumpHaters posted:

quote:

Why vote a ship which do not adds nothing new?????????

Well, you are slightly more likely to get your new chariot if it doesn't add six years of technical debt to the project

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

You'd be mad too if your fake jpeg spaceship was losing to voter fraud on a fake forum to a fake game!

CIG have a team of German auditors standing by to validate the results.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Checking my post history I CALLED it on Dec 6th 2016 that they might release cut down 3.0 stuff by the end of 2017 and will end 2017 with 177 Mio Dollars raised and I guess it might happen so:

Mr.PayDay posted:

As long as backers pledge and donate for demos, tech-ingame-assets-.mp4 and concepts, this project won't stop.
Chris Roberts has no incentive of finishing anything near promised the stretchgoal summary because the business model still fuels itself. They collect millions by releasing crappy PTUs, they still can't even deliver an incremental launcher, so how could they develop this project?

It is a Freelancer Deja Vu.
But: After 2.6 the backers see the signs of success and will pump another 15 Million Dollars into this project until 3.0 is finished , and even 50% of 3.0 in late 2017 and with a half assed SQ42 Episode and faked demos and videos the Cult will find "proof" that CIG can manage this and they will deliver another 25 Million Dollars Round Citizencon 2017 and xmas 2017 so I claim with 40 Million Dollars over 2017 (~ 177 Mio $ overall in at the end of 2017) they will even survive 2018.
I am glad of it :newlol:
:gary:

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 3, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Titanic posted:

All my projections are off because I can’t accept how stupid people are about this game.

Already 2.5 million this december :cripes:

Depending on how well the sale does in its last few days and Squadron 42 at the holiday stream, CIG might actually make more than last year's 36m

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

These look v good

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Spiderdrake posted:

I was going to post something original here but to truly become the cultist you can't have any original thoughts. Only knock offs with the PINS crudely filed off. So I guess you need to chant "FUD is the mind killer" while hitting yourself in the head with a paint can until buying an idris sounds like a good idea.

Only then you will be prepared to evaluate the whales.

The Litany Against FUD

I must not FUD. FUD is the fund-killer.
FUD is the little-truth that brings total obliteration.
I will face my FUD. I will downvote it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will pledge the inner buy to see its math.
Where the FUD has gone there will be funding.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I love this argument.

You see we only had hundreds of people developing the game so it doesn't count because later we added hundreds more. Also all of the work they did at the start was a waste of time and had to be re-done. So therefore through complete incompetence a game studio twice as large as it needed to be wasted its time until it had to triple in size and start from scratch. This is a good thing for Star Citizen.

It's even better when they quote Elite Dangerous or some other games super long development time as a defense of Star Citizen. You can count a news article where someone said they were looking at a sequel as the start of development but when Star Citizen is involved you can't count hundreds of people putting in years of work.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 3, 2017

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Daztek posted:

Depending on how well the sale does in its last few days and Squadron 42 at the holiday stream, CIG might actually make more than last year's 36m
Why does that suprise you? The whales and dreamers will not stop funding, not soon, not als long as new PTU's and fake avis will be released, it is "progress" for the Citizens. Prepare for another year (2018) of 30-40 Million $ and € funding. German PC Games and Gamestar shilled articles will help them, as always. The German SC Cult is one of the biggest within the SC population with big time money spenders. My German gaming ladies and lads love Chris Roberts since mid 90's, he boosted PC/gaming print magazines as well, Wing Commander was a huge "system seller" esp. for CD-ROMs over here, and WCIII even sold on the loving 3DO!

I will be quoting this/myself with "called it!" again in Decembre 2018.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mr.PayDay posted:

Checking my post history I CALLED it on Dec 6th 2016 that they might release cut down 3.0 stuff by the end of 2017 and will end 2017 with 177 Mio Dollars raised and I guess it might happen so:

:gary:

This is like Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. I think that was a thing that happened. I don't know anything about baseball.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.PayDay posted:

Why does that suprise you? The whales and dreamers will not stop funding, not soon, not als long as new PTU's and fake avis will be released, it is "progress" for the Citizens. Prepare for another year (2018) of 30-40 Million $ and € funding. German PC Games and Gamestar shilled articles will help them, as always. The German SC Cult is one of the biggest within the SC population with big time money spenders. My German gaming ladies and lads love Chris Roberts since mid 90's, he boosted PC/gaming print magazines as well, Wing Commander was a huge "system seller" esp. for CD-ROMs over here, and WCIII even sold on the loving 3DO!

I will be quoting this/myself with "called it!" again in Decembre 2018.

my feeble mind just doesn't understand where all this money is coming from :saddowns:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

No loving way. They are really getting aggressive with the tracker, now that everyone is saying that their funding is down from last year. It's so loving obvious now.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Low effort fixed this

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Derek smart is chris Roberts confirmed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ponzi posted:

Sorry, I didn't phrase the question very well. What I meant to ask was 'do you think the amount of money CIG has raised is greater than the amount shown by the tracker or less than the amount shown by the tracker'. I've always thought CIG were inflating the figure to give the impression of success, but I guess it could work the other way.

It was a few... dozen pages back, but there was a dev tweet specifically saying they used their salary to buy ships.

How much do you want to bet the tracker also counts that, even though the company isn't technically making money from it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Daztek posted:

my feeble mind just doesn't understand where all this money is coming from :saddowns:

The number of crazy people who provide entertainment via outlandish claims doesn't match up with the sheer dollar value being dropped around the clock on Star Citizen. Virtually without pause they are constantly being deluged with cash.

It's beyond odd. From all appearances at 2 in the afternoon on a Tuesday in Australia a couple hundred people are all rushing to their computers to buy fighters.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

so the total that has gone into project could very well be higher or lower.

So you know for a fact that Star Citizen has some amount of money that's either higher or lower than $172 million? That's a pretty bold prediction.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

The number of crazy people who provide entertainment via outlandish claims doesn't match up with the sheer dollar value being dropped around the clock on Star Citizen. Virtually without pause they are constantly being deluged with cash.

It's beyond odd. From all appearances at 2 in the afternoon on a Tuesday in Australia a couple hundred people are all rushing to their computers to buy fighters.

Does CIG accept payment in BTC?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Hold on let me login to my Seraph account before answering that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This is like Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. I think that was a thing that happened. I don't know anything about baseball.

I am just smug that I was not far off with 50% of 3.0 and late 2017 and the 177 Million look possible so far, and that means I almost hit the bullseye prediction wise over a 12 month span while many here said "they will be hosed 2017! They will collapse 2017! No way they will reach 2018" Nope, you were wrong, like in 2015 as well.
It amazes me so many Goons still underestimate the dreamers addiction and persistence to never surrender.

Speaking of wrong, Derek was RIGHT with so many of his predictions (game mechanics, engine, 64 Bit hackz etc) but wrong as well when Uncle D was sure they won't see the light of 2018.

So the funny thing is, they are hosed, yeah, and the desaster of 3.0 is amazing, but the funding does not stop! Why would it?
Chris Roberts delivers (lol) and proved Derek wrong! Even /r/ds has "won" the war in their eyes (lol).

And this is why this thread will stay entertaining as we stand with Sandi.
See you in the Verse, Commandos!

btw EightAce and G0RF: thanks for your value posts here and there, you deliver more substance with every post than Clown Imperium Games with...everything.

(edited typos)

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 3, 2017