Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Max is perhaps my favorite fighter now. Kid throws the gently caress down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
He’s insanely sick

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Esther Lin once again has the best picture of the night.

https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/937382417572286464

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

that picture of ngannou murdering overeem is the picture of the night and of the year.

this one (but without the soul leaving his body i guess)

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I enjoyed that octagon girl just throwing her sign at the photographer sitting next to the stairs. She did not give a gently caress!

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

This is even more uncanny than I remembered.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

What the gently caress, Max Holloway didn't have a striking coach until after he lost to Conor. With his odd face, catchphrase, Diaz brand chin and desire to represent a people and/or culture by beating the poo poo out of people this might just be the perfect fighter

+ he won a split decision against leonard garcia

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Yo what the gently caress, Ngannou was training with Dewey Cooper and LeBanner? Cool

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
The beta for EA UFC 3 is open for a few days (edit: err, or until midnight tonight, apparently. Somehow I missed it when it went live a few days ago). They completely redesigned the stand-up, adding some neat stuff like short elbows and intercept knees from when you have your guard up, much more effective leg kicks and body shots, the option to transition into a d'arce choke if you stumble someone in a certain way, and a cartwheel kick for Anthony Pettis that you can get uppercutted out of mid-air with (and also has you lying flat on your back, not moving, if you use it to score a KO, making it seem like you knocked yourself out along with your opponent).

The new stand-up controls seem to be as impenetrable as some people found the ground fighting to be in the last game, so it probably won't appeal to anyone looking to spend money on a simple pick-up-and-play multiplayer game, but so far playing rock em sock em robots with random players while trying to figure out the new system has been a good time.

Skjorte fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 3, 2017

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skjorte posted:

The beta for EA UFC 3 is open for a few days. They completely redesigned the stand-up, adding some neat stuff like short elbows and intercept knees from when you have your guard up, much more effective leg kicks and body shots, the option to transition into a d'arce choke if you stumble someone in a certain way, and a cartwheel kick for Anthony Pettis that you can get uppercutted out of mid-air with (and also has you lying flat on your back, not moving, if you use it to score a KO, making it seem like you knocked yourself out along with your opponent).

The new stand-up controls seem to be as impenetrable as some people found the ground fighting to be in the last game, so it probably won't appeal to anyone looking to spend money on a simple pick-up-and-play multiplayer game, but so far playing rock em sock em robots with random players while trying to figure out the new system has been a good time.

I look forward to the UFC adding a new weight class immediately after release, making the roster out of date instantly, in the time honoured tradition of UFC games

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

the main cards 3 finishes were insanely brutal. max owns.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skjorte posted:

The beta for EA UFC 3 is open for a few days (edit: err, or until midnight tonight, apparently. Somehow I missed it when it went live a few days ago). They completely redesigned the stand-up, adding some neat stuff like short elbows and intercept knees from when you have your guard up, much more effective leg kicks and body shots, the option to transition into a d'arce choke if you stumble someone in a certain way, and a cartwheel kick for Anthony Pettis that you can get uppercutted out of mid-air with (and also has you lying flat on your back, not moving, if you use it to score a KO, making it seem like you knocked yourself out along with your opponent).

EA also doubled down hard on the lootbox poo poo affecting actual gameplay despite the recent issues they just had with Battlefront 2 so lol at anyone who buys that guy or the microtransactions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah it's pay-to-win as gently caress.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I guess that story took off because of the Star Wars debacle, but it's a pretty big misunderstanding. The game isn't any more pay to win than the last one was, and the pay-to-win stuff doesn't affect the regular PvP mode. You were playing (or paying) for loot boxes in Ultimate Team in UFC 2, and from what I understand, that's sorta how Ultimate Team works in all EA sports titles. Ultimate Team was already stacked against you if you didn't make a 7-foot guy, and you could easily get matched against someone who had insane stats in all areas, so it's definitely a bullshit mode, but actually playing ranked mode with UFC fighters is a separate thing with no pay-to-win aspect to it.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Skjorte posted:

I guess that story took off because of the Star Wars debacle, but it's a pretty big misunderstanding. The game isn't any more pay to win than the last one was, and the pay-to-win stuff doesn't affect the regular PvP mode. You were playing (or paying) for loot boxes in Ultimate Team in UFC 2, and from what I understand, that's sorta how Ultimate Team works in all EA sports titles. Ultimate Team was already stacked against you if you didn't make a 7-foot guy, and you could easily get matched against someone who had insane stats in all areas, so it's definitely a bullshit mode, but actually playing ranked mode with UFC fighters is a separate thing with no pay-to-win aspect to it.

Theres like a 60% chance you get matched up against someone who dumped a ton of money into the game and if you get touched once or twice its a flash KO. However, serving a whale his lunch by taking their max height, max striking stats dude down and GnPing to victory is really rewarding.

dudes get real mad.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I would just play BJJ/wrestling stlyle in the last one and got a bunch of hate mail it was fun but it was a challenge to beat guys with roided up 100 stats 5 star move cards in everything.

I don't wanna buy the new one but seeing Tony Ferguson's iminari roll into heel hook with 2 gates to the submission makes me want to.

here's my proudest moment against my easiest opponent in the last game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXqpskhO2lw&t=235s

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Unfunny Poster posted:

EA also doubled down hard on the lootbox poo poo affecting actual gameplay despite the recent issues they just had with Battlefront 2 so lol at anyone who buys that guy or the microtransactions.

Actually it is very realistic. Lootboxes are the steroids and the ability to cut wrestling promos while high on cocaine of the gaming world.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Yeah - tried the demo last night.
My days of "High Kick!!!" are over. After trying a bunch in the first 2 min of the round, my stamina was already maxed to half. I should have been playing as Aldo.
Also didn't like the punching at all.
Might pass on this one.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

handsome only face posted:

I would just play BJJ/wrestling stlyle in the last one and got a bunch of hate mail it was fun but it was a challenge to beat guys with roided up 100 stats 5 star move cards in everything.

I don't wanna buy the new one but seeing Tony Ferguson's iminari roll into heel hook with 2 gates to the submission makes me want to.

thats michael bisping

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

handsome only face posted:

I found that strangely compelling. I want more videos of people pissing and moaning and wishing bombings on their online opponents because they don't have any answers for what's happening to them.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Frustrating online idiots with the shortest stumpiest lead blanket wrestler you can make in the weight class, Rock Meatbrick, has been around since the first UFC game. It's probably still funny.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fox should do that Christmas night replay thing again with Oliveira-Medeiros, Alvarez-Gaethje, Ngannou-Overeem and Holloway-Aldo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

not even the best picture she took of that fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fox should do that Christmas night replay thing again with Oliveira-Medeiros, Alvarez-Gaethje, Ngannou-Overeem and Holloway-Aldo.

I thought I saw some news saying that that was the plan, can't find it right now so maybe it was someone just wishlisting it.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Max doesn’t look any worse

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a toothpick is one thing but an orange ?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

a toothpick is one thing but an orange ?

He utilizes the same logic autoerotic asphyxiators do with lemons. That's why he can't be knocked out.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol what?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

You bite the lemon just before passing out and the tartness will wake you up so you don't choke to death.

Not that I know from personal experience, of course. Ahem.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Bojack Horseman posted:

"Now I can't stop thinking about it. I shouldn't even be alive right now."
"Don't need to talk about how you masturbate."
"The orgasms you get..."
"...Okay, I guess we do."
"It's like seeing a rainbow, but with all the colors."
"So, like a normal rainbow?"
"But it's too dangerous, man. They say if you bite down on a lemon right at the point of climax, the lemon juice gives you the jolt you need to not pass out and die. But still man, you're just rolling the dice."
"Okay, this is getting really graphic. Can we maybe talk about anything else?"
"Sure."
"Thank God."

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I've been watching mma a long time and that overeem ko is the first time I've been legitimately scared a dude might be dead.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Dangersim posted:

I've been watching mma a long time and that overeem ko is the first time I've been legitimately scared a dude might be dead.

Yeah my usual huge KO reaction is the classic "OOOOOOOHH!" but this time I gasped and held my hand over my mouth until I saw Alistair sitting up on a stool.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Ngano is way cool

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wait there are loot boxes in UFC 3? Just lol.

Oh it's only in ultimate team. They're trying so hard to replicate fifa it's ridiculous.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah I didn't watch it live, but I did spoil the fight for myself before I watched it so I knew that Overeem didn't literally die or anything. And there is one replay where the fans don't even cheer or anything when the punch lands, they're just kind of shocked and stunned.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Overeem/nganou, alvarez/gaethje, and holloway/aldo all lived up to expectations. The guy yelling "kick his rear end, sea bass" was just icing on the cake

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Overeem used to be on the other end of that.

See: Overeem - Fujita

But yeah, Ngannou knockouts make me hope the other guy can stand up afterwards. Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I still can't believe how dumb the Reem's gameplan was. He abandoned his running which has lately become his thing to engage in the worst, most ill fated way imaginable.

• Locked thread