Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

In terms of being a good familiar, they at least have the ability to make a decent circle, but it needs to be salt not dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Roro posted:

In terms of being a good familiar, they at least have the ability to make a decent circle, but it needs to be salt not dirt.

What are you talking about, plant pots are terrible familiars.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I don't understand.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't understand.

Large land mammals intimidated by much smaller bird.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Randaconda posted:

Large land mammals intimidated by much smaller bird.

But then why not just go the other way? Why engage the tiny dinosaur? And why doesn't the bird leave? It doesn't look like the right season to be protecting a nest. Are they playing?

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

Facebook Aunt posted:

But then why not just go the other way? Why engage the tiny dinosaur? And why doesn't the bird leave? It doesn't look like the right season to be protecting a nest. Are they playing?

Canada geese are assholes and don't care about anything but themselves. They exist to wreck your (or anyone's) day and nothing else.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

I can't talk to animals to ask, ma'am.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sehkmet posted:

Canada geese are assholes and don't care about anything but themselves. They exist to wreck your (or anyone's) day and nothing else.

I can fly and my body is a boat but I'm going to lead a single file precession slowly walking in front of your car for five solid minutes all while honking and making GBS threads.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is potentially a really stupid question, but is it possible for a cow to effectively headbutt something that small/low to the ground?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

One has been bred to be a passive, barely mobile source of milk or meat, and one has a brain the size of a cashew. Just imagine that, for those animals, every day is Spring Break at a college for dementia patients.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lemon posted:

This is potentially a really stupid question, but is it possible for a cow to effectively headbutt something that small/low to the ground?

Yeah, definitely. The herd of beefalo I share a pasture with is incredibly accurate low to the ground.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lemon posted:

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

The Bloop posted:

I can fly and my body is a boat but I'm going to lead a single file precession slowly walking in front of your car for five solid minutes all while honking and making GBS threads.

What's that? You want me to hurry up? Let me hiss and snap and bite you for having the temerity to even approach me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Don't doxx me...wait, I can't fly.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What are you talking about, plant pots are terrible familiars.

Au contraire, they can store things, grow plants, and be used to knock people out. They're the best familiars on the market. Let's see a lovely owl do all that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Boy, we sure bred them stupid and fragile.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lemon posted:

They have hooves and they have teeth. That bird would be dead in a second if they were pissed, but it they don't really have any reason to fight the bird when it's easier to observe and walk away.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Classic fencing response?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

They have hooves and they have teeth. That bird would be dead in a second if they were pissed, but it they don't really have any reason to fight the bird when it's easier to observe and walk away.

Yeah, that's why I wondered if they were somehow playing. Cows could trample a goose. If either the goose or cows felt genuinely threatened it would be easy to escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6sbvPSYbM

Cows, man. Who knows?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Namastaywoke/status/937129871368744960

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I speak Heptapod.

Unfortunately the cat is saying some awful things about the Jews.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/FaESt01.gifv

(not mine)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've failed my daughter
/

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Having spent time around cows, they can be really silly and playful if in the right mood. That mood isn't often, but it happens.

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014

great post/av combo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, that's why I wondered if they were somehow playing. Cows could trample a goose. If either the goose or cows felt genuinely threatened it would be easy to escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6sbvPSYbM

Cows, man. Who knows?

Cows are extremely curious. Personality-wise they're kinda like dogs. Too bad we farm them to eat, not to be pets.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

Having spent time around cows, they can be really silly and playful if in the right mood. That mood isn't often, but it happens.

The tamer ones will come nudge you when they want to be petted :3:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
google image search for washed cow

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Randaconda posted:

The tamer ones will come nudge you when they want to be petted :3:
I don't have time to pet meat lockers. Thankfully modern mechanization has me covered.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

They can also be very spiritual, even holy.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

"DAD DON'T COME IN WITHOUT KNOCKING"

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Or you can talk like a troll and get fired for being racist.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bunk Rogers posted:

Classic fencing response?

Classic death response. That cow is dead.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RatHat posted:

Cows are extremely curious. Personality-wise they're kinda like dogs. Too bad we farm them to eat, not to be pets.

A cow would eat you and your entire family if it could.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vxHN8_jSE

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

That isn't in any way funny.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Who What Now posted:

A cow would eat you and your entire family if it could.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ubachung posted:

That isn't in any way funny.

The bovine lust for murder never is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

RatHat posted:

Cows even have best friends!

https://www.barnsanctuary.org/blog/science-cow-friendship-cows-best-friends/