Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm honestly kind of surprised they'd sell him 6 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5x160+trade in credit < 500 us dollars?

:thunk:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

350 in profit from the minis and 150 for my s

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

The extra 400 was a tip to the gamestop employee.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

BattleTech posted:

The extra 400 was a tip to the gamestop employee.

Or the cost of the minis you silly Billy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao they cost 80 dollars i forgot nintendowns

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe we live in an age where official versions of those cheap Chinese consoles they have sold at flea markets for 20 years are a hot commodity.

You are mildly evil, but I say enjoy the free xbone and taking money from fools.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Did you take a look at the eBay listings before making that decision? Because lmao I see winnings about $20 a pop. That's barely worth your time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure I follow. SNES classic sure as gently caress isn't going for $20 a pop. He also already sold them for $160 each which is pretty much the going rate.

E: actually I guess it's more like 100-130 so if he sold them all for that he did get very lucky

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 3, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hey how many bitcoins do you own just wondering

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
He saw an opportunity and he took it. As patriotic American Xbox 10 owners you should be proud .

You wouldn't get that sort of pussy behaviour from an unamerican PS4 owner.

:fsmug:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How’d you know the mini was in stock

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ethanol posted:

How’d you know the mini was in stock

I didn't. I saw them on the counter as I walked in

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
lmao I applaud anyone for flipping snes minis. They are an unbelievably stupid product for unbelievably stupid and/or brokebrained people.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The critical flaw was using the profits for an xbonx, though... obv power move would've been to buy $160 of dorito codes

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Actually, SNES Classics are cool and fun.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The only thing I flip is pop tarts as I fry them in butter bitches.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

TheScott2K posted:

Actually, SNES Classics are cool and fun.

I'd assume a man with your avatar would just hack a wii or set up a raspberry pi

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

lmao I applaud anyone for flipping snes minis. They are an unbelievably stupid product for unbelievably stupid and/or brokebrained people.

What is this nonsense? The SNES Mini is a great product, even though I decided to sell mine. I'll probably end up getting another one eventually.

The build quality is wonderful, the controllers are exactly like the real thing, the rewind feature is good and you can also mod it extremely easily if you want, but even out of the box it's a great collection of games in a fun, plug-and-play box. You get a lot for the price (at the normal price).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wait SNES Mini's are selling for $160US? I guess because of the holidays now? They were barely $100US like a month ago with third-party sellers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The build quality of this plastic shell for roms is exquisite

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DarthBlingBling posted:

I'd assume a man with your avatar would just hack a wii or set up a raspberry pi

someone free me from this prison

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The SNES classic has lovely emulation. SNES ROMs run on anything, it's pretty much designed to milk fools for their money. You don't even get a good selection.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh cool maybe we can recreate the ROM argument from the GBS Switch thread, that would be fun.

I also applaud anyone who scalps garbage to nerds to pay for the Most Powerful Console in the World™.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
this is really the best thread. I too am super mad a guy flipped an $8 flash drive preloaded with 2003's hottest torrents on it because it has a super kitschy nostalgia box surrounding it that is officially made for 1 cent in China by honorable Nintendo-san

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

this is really the best thread. I too am super mad a guy flipped an $8 flash drive preloaded with 2003's hottest torrents on it because it has a super kitschy nostalgia box surrounding it that is officially made for 1 cent in China by honorable Nintendo-san

Is there a word for observing that someone is mad and being more mad in response?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Finally snagged a Xbonx to upgrade my aging OG bone. I have 90% of my games installed on an external right now, can I just plug that into the one X and have them work?
I was planning on putting my old Xbox upstairs in the bedroom, will I still be able to redownload some of my games (or move them with an external) and play on that Xbox when I'm not in the living room?
Furthermore can my wife use the Xbox upstairs on her account (that is family shared or whatever to my account) and play the same game with me while I'm on the one x or does this require separate game purchases?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Is there a word for observing that someone is mad and being more mad in response?

Madbrains?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

Finally snagged a Xbonx to upgrade my aging OG bone. I have 90% of my games installed on an external right now, can I just plug that into the one X and have them work?
I was planning on putting my old Xbox upstairs in the bedroom, will I still be able to redownload some of my games (or move them with an external) and play on that Xbox when I'm not in the living room?
Furthermore can my wife use the Xbox upstairs on her account (that is family shared or whatever to my account) and play the same game with me while I'm on the one x or does this require separate game purchases?

Plugging in the external should Just Work(tm) if your account is also on the Bonx, which I assume it must be. You can also copy (as in make a duplicate of) game installs from the external to either internal, so that's one way to get copies of games on both systems, but they'd need to independently patch from there.

You can set it so digital games can be played on both simultaneously but with a few caveats. Basically you set one of the consoles as your home console, and any account on that console can use your games. You are then able to be actively signed into XB1 on any other console and play from there as well. You must be signed in, however, which also has the gotcha of meaning that system will be cut off when your internet or Xbox Live go down. Also it may have an influence on remoting into an Xbox from a PC or triggering downloads from a computer or smartphone but I'm not entirely familiar with that.

With that in mind the way most people handle equivalents to your situation is using your upstairs (old) Xbox as the home console, and the Bonx as the one you actively sign into.

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 3, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

RAMception

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

univbee posted:

Xbox wisdom

Thanks this really helps out. I guess I can switch back and forth with the home console designation until I figure out which way works better.
I'm really excited to take advantage of this 4k lg I've had for years but at the same time I don't even feel like setting everything up lol.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

univbee posted:

Plugging in the external should Just Work(tm) if your account is also on the Bonx, which I assume it must be. You can also copy (as in make a duplicate of) game installs from the external to either internal, so that's one way to get copies of games on both systems, but they'd need to independently patch from there.

To expand on this a bit, now you can copy your settings and profile to your external HD as well. When you hook it up to the Bonx it'll automatically transfer it to the system on setup.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
If you have 2 xbones on the same network, you can also straight up copy games across the network from one to the other now instead of shuffling an external HD back and forth or redownloading from the internet.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I took my ext drive from my og xbone and everything just worked on the x.

After you download a few terabytes of updates anyway.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Hmm not sure if I'm going to keep this thing. I'm the biggest Xbox nutswinger around and I think I might have been as well off grabbing a one S.
I think I'm just pissed about the setup experience, my LG is a 2014 panel that doesn't support HDR, and my receiver that was painstakingly set up with ARC and all that has 4k pass through.. that is meant for photos or 4k @20hz. So fine whatever just go from the Xbonx to the TV and my rec still has audio from the TV out HDMI. Now I have an HDMI cord dangling on the wall that I have to somehow fish through the in wall passageway (that was drilled through a fire block).

Stupid nerd poo poo, I was loving around for hours last night and played Wolfenstein for 5 mins and I don't think it had the patch or at least I couldn't tell. Bug demo wasn't even that mind blowing eithier which could be lack of HDR. Topping everything off I hit my ISPs data cap and was throttled to some poo poo speed making everything that much worse.
Yes I'm being a bitch.
CONSOLE GAMING JUST WORKS LMAO

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Sir this is a GameStop

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh you bought the right 4K console, in this case.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

univbee posted:

Oh you bought the right 4K console, in this case.

That's just my receiver, the tv does 4K with the exception of HDR. I've never seen HDR in person so I don't know if I'm missing anything mind-blowing with not having it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BrownieVK posted:

That's just my receiver, the tv does 4K with the exception of HDR. I've never seen HDR in person so I don't know if I'm missing anything mind-blowing with not having it.

HDR is a bigger deal than 4K, assuming that your TV has a wide dynamic range.

I'm in the same "My receiver is older than my TV or my Xbox and only switches 24Hz 4K" place, so I've got a stupid setup with Xbox straight to TV and then an optical cable to the receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Lmao @ buying a first gen 4K tv in 2014

But for real sorry for your loss, hdr is the only reason to upgrade.