Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I turned off in game voices and its better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jeza posted:

Yeah. I've definitely had people complain to me about Homeworld 2 just loving up your whole campaign if you have a bad level. I guess that's why they had the option of having "Default Fleets" on each level in this one. And yeah, radio chatter is one of the defining parts of the series.

Everybody has weird audio things caught in their heads forever from games, and one of mine from whichever Homeworld is just "Frigate lost". Probably says something about how many frigates I lost too.

My weird, stuck in my head audio cues are "Your creatures are dying" and "Ergo, we have been defeated" from sacrifice

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

babypolis posted:

My weird, stuck in my head audio cues are "Your creatures are dying" and "Ergo, we have been defeated" from sacrifice

Let's be honest - in any halfway civilised world, I would be the only God

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I don't need to have beaten Hand of Fate 1 to get the most out of the sequel, do I?

Dunno, never played the first one and had a blast with 2. A couple of times the dealer guy said something that might’ve been references to the first game but I couldn’t tell you for sure

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

That poo poo cracked me up when it was like "we calculated the exact number of VHS tapes for The X-Files! aren't we so CoooOOoooOOOOool" and then the incredibly basic unity game was overheating people's computers on day 1

That poo poo is cool

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, this is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxg6z5dGNaw

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The anime of video games.

Now tell me what the King of the Hill of Video Games is.

final destination with eight hank hill mii fighters

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Walking sims are good. Tacoma kicked rear end

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I sold my Vita, and someone else buys a Vita. The cosmic ballet goes on

*nods sagely*

Really Pants posted:

some other good games on Vita:

Killzone Mercenary
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Shovel Knight
Wipeout 2048
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Toukiden

I'll vouch for all of these except for Cyber Sleuth because I haven't played it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Really Pants posted:

some other good games on Vita:

Killzone Mercenary
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Shovel Knight
Wipeout 2048
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Toukiden

I'll try to check these out for sure, I thought KZ:Mercenary was pretty short though?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching a stream of Xenoblade 2 and wow they really went all in one the anime. I didn't expect wacky noises in cutscenes along with cartoony expressions.

The game is kind of a mess but it's a bloated monstrosity of mechanics aesthetics and character design that feels like a relic of the ps1 era. I think I love it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ys celceta is really really good (skip all cutscenes)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the ugly rear end characters suck though and having to roll dice on getting new weapons is annoying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The game is kind of a mess but it's a bloated monstrosity of mechanics aesthetics and character design that feels like a relic of the ps1 era. I think I love it

Its amazing. My big gripes are it takes like 20 hours to get to use all the mechanics and the map sucks but otherwise i cant put it down. Even the over long cutscenes are either real funny or epic as hell

^^^
That too

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Good to see there's still quest stopping bugs in the witcher 3

Guess I'm not finding all the ofieri crafting patterns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The werewolf one broke for me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wamdoodle posted:

*nods sagely*

I'll vouch for all of these except for Cyber Sleuth because I haven't played it.

Cyber Sleuth is great, though the sequel's out in January and I think is supposed to retell the original's events too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but there's no female MC option so I don't care.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cyber sleuth is good but persona 4gs combat is similar, better, and comes attached to a much deeper game so id start there first

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmkmATIUaH8
get hype yall

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I'll try to check these out for sure, I thought KZ:Mercenary was pretty short though?

You can play through the campaign pretty quickly but completing it unlocks three different sets of optional objectives for every mission.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

All the ugly rear end characters suck though and having to roll dice on getting new weapons is annoying.

why the heck does a non-mobile non-microtransactions game have gacha mechanics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

Japanese people freaking love puzzle and dragons

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Real hurthling! posted:

The werewolf one broke for me

the one where you have to feed him part of himself or something in the garden because yeah there was deffo a boolean that was not getting flagged when i had to do that

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Most annoying part is that I'm playing witcher 3 on ps4 and I'm sure there's a modder who has fixed it on pc

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

There will never be a Sakurai game without an "Gacha-but-there's-no-actual-paying" element.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looper posted:

The thrill of gambling I guess. It feels cool if you get something rare from a "common" item but if you actually want to get specific stuff its really annoying.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've been playing Destiny 2 and it is really quite a lot of fun. I'm around 230 light level right now and am sure it will stop being interesting eventually but for the moment I'm enjoying shooting aliens and getting 2-3 cool looking cosmetics a night.

Baffles me the amount of rage that has been directed at that game on the internet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing Destiny 2 and it is really quite a lot of fun. I'm around 230 light level right now and am sure it will stop being interesting eventually but for the moment I'm enjoying shooting aliens and getting 2-3 cool looking cosmetics a night.

Baffles me the amount of rage that has been directed at that game on the internet.

those cosmetics used to be acountwide and they changed it solely so they could sell them for money too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

the one where you have to feed him part of himself or something in the garden because yeah there was deffo a boolean that was not getting flagged when i had to do that

Ya

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHg0tAlRUzQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Glad to see everyone's talking about the No Man's Sky OST, but I don't see any new updates for it? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfPrguHzPJo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

corn in the bible posted:

those cosmetics used to be acountwide and they changed it solely so they could sell them for money too

Ok. That sucks I guess but i don't feel like I'm getting shorted on them or anything. Plus can't you just trade ships and stuff between characters anyways?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm pretty sure one of the things people were specifically pissed about Destiny 2 was Bungie lying about the exp you were being given to force you into more grinding or something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah thats also true. there were a lot of really scummy things that have since sort of been fixed, though not really that well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you remember that old flash fmv game where you were at a convenience store and had to type stuff at the owner and he'd do stuff and occasionally you'd type the right thing and he'd give you a pringles can?

I found a few mentions of it, it's called nevashut, but near as I can tell there aren't any places hosting the game anymore and all that exists are screenshots, no videos. What a shame.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am really loving Tannenburg, it's a rad multiplayer World War 1 shooter where almost everyone is stuck with bolt action rifles and the action is really fun in a "conquer the map" style way where if you get in the right position as waves of infantry charge past you, you can pick off the enemies trying to stop them and the thrill of cycling the bolt and loading in a fresh clip is a ton of fun. I got to be a Squad Leader for a bit and it's a lot of fun to realize you're the last guy standing, so you call in an artillery strike on your position and then immediately run for your life! Many free kills that way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Xenoblade 2 has a lot of titty characters but at least they aren’t dlc (or worse.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the failing duck press is fake news

• Locked thread