Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Please tell me that the new friend I made at the end of Chapter 3 stays with me so I can start investing cores on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Please tell me that the new friend I made at the end of Chapter 3 stays with me so I can start investing cores on them.

Go for it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My god the ch3 to 4 plot dump just never stops

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

yessssssssssssssssss

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Have over 900K in gold with still much more salvaging items I get from Golden Cylinders to trade in. I 5 starred a city. I'm going to buy a rare blade now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

yessssssssssssssssss

Wait maybe I’m thinking of someone else

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
my god every location in this game is just loving great

It's just a parade of wonderful environments. I'm reminded a lot of Skies of Arcadia.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Wait maybe I’m thinking of someone else

I am talking about Morag

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am talking about Morag

Thats chapter 4's end.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zore posted:

Thats chapter 4's end.

Oh huh, I must have missed that the chapters had swapped over. I'm farther than I thought!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Is there a Collectapedia equivalent in this game?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why does an evil fat mayor have a cooler looking Blade than any of the other ones I've seen in this game?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I got a rare blade at the beginning of the game, Zenova, who has a big fuckoff axe and does massive damage to toppled enemies. I topple and switch to her and then combo into her big swing and do over 10,000 damage, its super satisfying and quick to pull off.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Oh my god that transition I'm loving dead

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, gold cylinders in chapter 4 are nuts. I just got 2 rare cores and like 100k in salvage from 5 of them. This converted into Borealis on Nia, which is handy. Though, now I have two unique wind blades on her, but oh well.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

Does anyone know what the hell Perun’s key affinity 2 unlock condition actually is

I don't know but I just got her as my first rare blade (out of a Common crystal) and I don't want to hear anyone complain about Pyra's boobs ever again in this drat game

E: seriously watch this intro if you haven't seen it yet
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/921273770937016322

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 4, 2017

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Is there anywhere in the first 4 chapters to buy an overdrive thing? Or do I just have to wait until i come across one again?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also the fact that named uniques stay dead after you kill them is a huge loving improvement over XC1 and XCX

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Is there an Immovable Gonzalez and/or Territorial Rotbart in this game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ajkalan posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HyperMagnificentCrocodileOSfrog

You tell me

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Awesome

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ajkalan posted:

Yes and Yes.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Is there anywhere in the first 4 chapters to buy an overdrive thing? Or do I just have to wait until i come across one again?

I've gotten 2 and I'm Chapter 4 now.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ajkalan posted:

Oh yes

Oh man now I'm underlevelled for the next area. Guess I gotta do sidequests again. I love these zones, exploring them is a lot of fun. I just wish there were more rare cores -- I've found quite a few in chests here and there, but never enough -- especially since it's only every other three or so that actually result in a unique blade.

I really like how the third titan is structured, it felt very different from the previous two areas while still feeling very large. It was awesome discovering which route to take forward.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh yes

Oh man now I'm underlevelled for the next area. Guess I gotta do sidequests again. I love these zones, exploring them is a lot of fun. I just wish there were more rare cores -- I've found quite a few in chests here and there, but never enough -- especially since it's only every other three or so that actually result in a unique blade.

I really like how the third titan is structured, it felt very different from the previous two areas while still feeling very large. It was awesome discovering which route to take forward.

You can get them from salvage. Seems like you can start getting them some some consistency starting in Chapter 4.

Does anyone have the blade combo list? I'm trying to figure out how to build combos that use Mythra.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 4, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Where's the first new Salvage point in Chapter 4? I literally haven't found any since the one next to the boatbuilder so I'm figuring I'm missing some and I want to make money.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rex's outfit looks so much better when its in full dive suit mode. I dunno how or why he cuts out random pieces of it after coming back to the surface.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Echophonic posted:

You can get them from salvage. Seems like you can start getting them some some consistency starting in Chapter 4.

Does anyone have the blade combo list? I'm trying to figure out how to build combos that use Mythra.

When you salvage using normal cylinders at the dock at the very beginning of the third Titan (Mor Ardain), you’ll very frequently spawn these hermit crab things that are guaranteed to drop both a common and a rare core crystal. Happy hunting.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Where's the first new Salvage point in Chapter 4? I literally haven't found any since the one next to the boatbuilder so I'm figuring I'm missing some and I want to make money.

There's several around the lower area. One of them is in the dock you got off of.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

8-bit Miniboss posted:

There's several around the lower area. One of them is in the dock you got off of.
Hadn't actually gone yet, was cleaning up sidequests :shobon:

Problem solved!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty early but this Salvaging mastery skill on Newt seems to be doing a lot of work.

Salvage is suddenly dropping a ton of good poo poo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zoran posted:

When you salvage using normal cylinders at the dock at the very beginning of the third Titan (Mor Ardain), you’ll very frequently spawn these hermit crab things that are guaranteed to drop both a common and a rare core crystal. Happy hunting.

Heck, I got one of those on a totally whiffed golden cylinder in a secret area nearby that you need to visit for another quest. Hilariously profitable.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What’s the point of being able to make Poppi a healer when her weapon still has the same tank arts?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chapter 3's ending owned good gosh.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What do you call a grouping of Blades?

A harem

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So this is probably obvious, but walking cancels the end lag of attacks, and it seems like certain weapons like Nia's chakram are better off stutter-stepping her first hit. Any other weapons that seem to improve off stutter stepping?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

So this is probably obvious, but walking cancels the end lag of attacks, and it seems like certain weapons like Nia's chakram are better off stutter-stepping her first hit. Any other weapons that seem to improve off stutter stepping?

Not really since the third hit is much bigger than the other 2 and comboing off of it gives more charge for your elemental super moves.

Moving in combat is incredibly bad since it resets your combo in this game. Huge change from 1 and x where you would keep swinging as you moved.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ah. I was wondering what the catch was to move canceling such that I just swatted everything with Rex’s sword like it was a fan.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 4, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Are there any methods of boosting the chance to get non-garbage blades from crystals? Other thank the Luck stat? Do boosters affect it too? Because I don't think the game actually tells you what the 4 attribute levels mean when using a crystal...

Zoran posted:

I just finished Chapter 2(?) and have to go find a ship, but got a rare crystal from the warmup boss fight before that and I was wondering when/how we'd be able to get them with some sort of regular basis so this is good to know.

Are there any other good crystal (or money) making methods early on as well? (assuming they don't involve spoilers of some kind).

Zore posted:

Not really since the third hit is much bigger than the other 2 and comboing off of it gives more charge for your elemental super moves.

Moving in combat is incredibly bad since it resets your combo in this game. Huge change from 1 and x where you would keep swinging as you moved.

Even 8 hours in to the game this still messes with me constantly. Moving for back/flank moves can take 1-2 melee hits worth of time and it suuucks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lessail posted:

Oh my god that transition I'm loving dead

Do you mean the second Zeke fight? You know the Aegis is truely powerful when she can smash the protagonist through the 4th wall with a slap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I feel kind of bad for all those basic blades that are instantly discarded the second you awaken them. Especially when the game is trying to tell you that Blade's have feelings and you are just throwing them all away to get to the shiny ones.

Blitzball playing robot with a Texan accent will never be loved :(