Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

huniepopfia, from the bitch who ran myst, is now taking it signups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mutually Assured Destruction Mafia is here!

:effort:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Carbonated Beverages Mafia, a game for 11 players, is now open for signups.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Hogwarts - A Touch of Class is now open for signups and ruleschat.
28 player Civ-like forums game. If you've ever played a game and said "boy i wish i had statistics for how good i am at being a make believe wizard student" then this is for you!
Features: no deaths and no mafia
Also features: a Game-theory simulation with 4 competing factions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830731

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Millennials are Killing Mafia, a newbie friendly game for 13 now open

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Shadowrun: Intrigue
, a mafia-like game for 17 players, is now open for signups! This game has a lot of extra rules and weirdness, but at it's core is a mafia game with extra bells and whistles. It is not the new player friendliest game, but I won't outright keep anyone from playing as long as they will be active.

More importantly, you get to play mafia, then possibly go shoot people and take their stuff.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cats! for 9, new player friendly and welcome, is now open!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Town of Salem, an open format mafia game for 15 people is now open and taking signups.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i am taking signs up for this game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Here is a mafia game where votes aren't revealed until EoD!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833536

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Same as above but returned

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834772

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Final Fantasy 6? Don't mind if I do!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Death Note peragame is now accepting signups, play will not begin until FF6 and/or Habeas Corpses have concluded.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Instead of just crossposting, let me ask - does anyone follow this thread that does NOT follow the general Mafia discussion thread?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Podima posted:

Instead of just crossposting, let me ask - does anyone follow this thread that does NOT follow the general Mafia discussion thread?

I will frequently fall behind on the general thread, but check this thread whenever it updates

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good enough for me, thanks for confirming!

~~~

Nobody knows who you are

And nobody cares.

There are nine of you in the room

Two will betray you.

Find and expel them

Or you will surely die.

The Room is a FLIPLESS game of Mafia for 9 players, using the Backup6 semi-open setup.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mithross posted:

I will frequently fall behind on the general thread, but check this thread whenever it updates

Same.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Podima posted:

Yeah definitely. I love reading games and this is where i saw the Hogwarts one but the general thread is enormous.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mithross posted:

I'm hardly active at all, but do follow this thread. I couldn't keep up with general thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Podima posted:

I stopped reading the general thread entirely when it became 96% spammed shitposts. Has anything changed?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jedit posted:

I stopped reading the general thread entirely when it became 96% spammed shitposts. Has anything changed?

it's because we solved mafia

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Post Restriction Mafia, a Mafia game for 13 players!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also
Contact in Cudłaty a 15 person closed setup game of completely normal mafia is now open for sign ups.

Do the thing if you wish.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Get a New Avatar Mafia https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838350

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jealous Husband Returns In Form Of Parrot, a semi-open Mafia game for 13 players with room for replacements & intense lurking rules. Play begins Nov. 6.

"I never can quite say as much as I know. I look at other parrots and I wonder if it's the same for them, if somebody is trapped in each of them paying some kind of price for living their life in a certain way."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mafia Secret Santa

Just popping the link here for people who don't follow the main thread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Three games are currently in sign ups

Jealous Husband Returns In Form Of Parrot is at 12/13

1980s Movie Box Art Mafia is at 9/11

Dragonbal Z Mafia is at 7/24

Join now!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MAFIA GEAR SOLID, a role-madness game for 19 players, is now open for sign-ups.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Is anyone planning on running anything after DBZ/Metal Gear Mafia have concluded? I find myself in the enviable position of a 9-to-5 holiday weekday job in-between editing (and helping host) a friend's podcast, and would love to get back into Mafia after my like, ssssingle attempt more than a year ago.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monathin posted:

Is anyone planning on running anything after DBZ/Metal Gear Mafia have concluded? I find myself in the enviable position of a 9-to-5 holiday weekday job in-between editing (and helping host) a friend's podcast, and would love to get back into Mafia after my like, ssssingle attempt more than a year ago.

I usually do a really short Xmas game in the holiday lull that would probably be a good re-entry since it's a standard, closed formula.

Also going to drop Larry David mafia in January.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Monathin posted:

I'm fine tuning a Hollow Knight mafia but that might take a while because ugh writing role PMs.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Test Chamber Mafia
  • Long signup period
  • Lag time between game filling and game start
  • Weird deadlines
  • Experimental mechanics
  • 9 players

:getin: if that doesn't sell you on this I don't know what will

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Y'all keep coming up with games that make me want to un-retire.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Things had always been a bit tense on the southwestern border between the United States and Mexico. America's position in the world was on the upswing, largely thanks to its near-monopoly on Shine production. However, it was no secret that the other major powers coveted America's good fortune. No-one had made an overt move yet, but there were whispers and movements in the shadows of the world's stage.

Thus, when the famed Mexican general Pancho Villa took advantage of the Mexican Revolution's chaos to build his own army - the División Del Norte - and strike at Texas, none of the other major powers would take responsibility for his ostensibly independent action. On the other hand, neither would they allow the United States to officially intervene in this seemingly minor border skirmish under penalty of facing concerted opposition from the rest of the world. Responsibility for opposing Pancho Villa's assault fell to the embattled governor of Texas, Miriam A. "Ma" Ferguson. Mustering the Texas State Guard, she prepared what defenses she could and readied her troops to push the Mexicans back out of her great state.

As the two forces prepared to face off, it rapidly became clear that they had earned themselves some saboteurs and spies. Supplies were destroyed, and trusted confidants were murdered in the dark of the night. Each army would need to split their attention - eliminating the foes without and within - in order to win the day.

The world watched, and waited with bated breath. Shine was entering the battlefield for the first time - and only time would reveal its shocking impact.

Shine V: How The Southwest Was Won is a flavorful closed-setup game of Soldiers Mafia for 50(!!!) players.

Important Note: I expect this game to start no earlier than post-Christmas, probably close to the new year given the amount of setup required. Don't worry about committing during the holidays.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Larry David Mafia now open

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The World Ends With [Mafia]! now taking signups

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Super Kawaii Slice of Life Mafia is now taking signups, play begins just after Chic's game ends! <3

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Final Fantasy 7 Mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wandering Samurai Mafia, a closed setup game for 16 players, is open for signups