Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

The hell? Did getting dunked in grail mud make him grow three inches?

His true wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Frankenstein weighs 106 pounds despite being a cyborg, by the way.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Silver2195 posted:

Super light weight titanium alloys, obviously.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Silver2195 posted:

I remember there being a discussion previously about Nasuverse character weights (with obvious exceptions like Iskander and Hercules) being oddly light.

That's not a Nasuverse-specific thing; a lot of Japanese media that give character heights and weights seem to have most characters bordering on dangerously underweight for some reason.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Thuryl posted:

That's not a Nasuverse-specific thing; a lot of Japanese media that give character heights and weights seem to have most characters bordering on dangerously underweight for some reason.

I remember people saying that about Bleach, but Bleach has the obvious excuse of most of the characters being ghosts. (Many of the Nasuverse characters are ghosts too, of course, but those aren't the light ones.)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I recall reading that the default medical response to anything is "have you tried losing some weight?" so maybe they've just got a weird national complex about their weight.

AlternateNu posted:

The hell? Did getting dunked in grail mud make him grow three inches?
Someone actually asked Nasu that and he was like "No he just did dontthinktoohardaboutit" Shirou goes through the same!

Seiba's got'em beat though, she gets 17cm and like a dozen cup sizes. :v:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 4, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In Seiba's case they established that Rhon's excess magical energy functioned as a growth simulator.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Silver2195 posted:

Edit 3: Disappointingly, ORT does not have a listed weight. Nrvnqsr Chaos is 185 pounds, so I guess being made of hundreds of animals smooshed together somehow doesn't affect his weight.

Aren't Nrvnqsr's animals contained within his Reality Marble until he summons them to do stuff for him?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Maybe that's why she had so little impact on the show overall.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

In Seiba's case they established that Rhon's excess magical energy functioned as a growth simulator.
That got removed.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silver2195 posted:

It’s double egregious because isn’t she also supposed to be surprisingly tall? I remember during the summer event she was only 1 cm off of Moriarty.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Moriarty isn't particularly tall. Fran is my height, 5'6 (manlet level)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

realtalk the sexiest boys are Kojiro and Arjuna

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

-Saber is a loving midget.
According to an FHA quiz they don't like doing group shots of the servants for this reason.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

According to an FHA quiz they don't like doing group shots of the servants for this reason.

It also distorted how I saw the Knights of the Round Table. In all the F/Z and UBW flashback shots, it looks like Saber only goes up to their solar plexus which always made me think the Knights were all 6’3+.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean, everyone in Fate materials always goes on and on about how Medusa is a giantess who is unreasonably tall, but she only barely scrapes past five and a half feet.

Japan's height and weight complex is weird.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

AlternateNu posted:

It also distorted how I saw the Knights of the Round Table. In all the F/Z and UBW flashback shots, it looks like Saber only goes up to their solar plexus which always made me think the Knights were all 6’3+.
Well you're not entirely wrong.

Lancelot's 191cm (6'3"), Gawain's 180cm (5'11"), Bedi's 187cm (6'2") and Tristan's 186cm (6'1").

Conversions are not perfectly accurate because gently caress imperial. :v:

FWIW, Umu's even shorter than Seiba and she doesn't have Seiba's excuse of being frozen in her teenage years.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I mean, everyone in Fate materials always goes on and on about how Medusa is a giantess who is unreasonably tall, but she only barely scrapes past five and a half feet.

Japan's height and weight complex is weird.

Hey, 5'8 is pretty darned tall for a girl in Japan, and she's not described as 'unreasonably tall', just that she stands out because of it. On the other hand, she's understandably very self-conscious about heir height because her sisters used to bully her about it - you know, that whole deal with her growing up while they stayed timeless and identical little girls.

BTW, a look at Tinder will show you that concern with height isn't exactly endemic to the other side of the Pacific.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Hey, 5'8 is pretty darned tall for a girl in Japan, and she's not described as 'unreasonably tall', just that she stands out because of it. On the other hand, she's understandably very self-conscious about heir height because her sisters used to bully her about it - you know, that whole deal with her growing up while they stayed timeless and identical little girls.

BTW, a look at Tinder will show you that concern with height isn't exactly endemic to the other side of the Pacific.

Just with access to what I have right now:

And that's definitely not the only time they call her a giant.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
When does Santa Alter unlock? I'm tired of sitting on my ticket for days and not being able to use it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

When does Santa Alter unlock? I'm tired of sitting on my ticket for days and not being able to use it.

About 64 hours from now

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

After the 7th Night Quest concludes.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Apocrypha's been real good lately

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Conspiratiorist posted:

Just for reference, Stheno/Euryale/Mini Medu are 134cm (4'5")

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Just with access to what I have right now:

Isn't that from Medu's interlude that's entirely about bullying her?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Almost every single interlude that has Medusa + at least 1 of her sisters involves Medusa bullying.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Height doesn’t accurately indicate weight. People with trained muscle will have heavier weight as reflected on archer.

It have been a problem for many athletic people in the state who get classified as fat or overweight by insurance for the same misguided reason in their chart.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It’s an ongoinc joke of her feeling of inferiority to the ‘perfect form’ of her sister.

They also spent decades educating her about how ulgy she is and all the heroes that came are naturally there to save the loli sister and not there for murder babe.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

cute medusa

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Plutonis posted:

-tall dark and handsome
-muscled as hell
-excellent cook and housekeeper
-snarky but really caring
-teaches you a lot of stuff
-has an insanely sexy voice
-has an insanely epic theme song

Late, but same

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Probably still taller than Saber

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/937886536464441344

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
crap, I might need that

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Just saw Heavens Feel part one in St Louis. Really solid flick. In particular I loved the way they avoided the infodumps that were so ever-present in every other Fate work ever. I wouldn't say it was completely spectacular, but it was definitely worth the drive.

Err... not to interrupt Game Chat or anything.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It will be spectacular when i watch all theee movie together...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saw Heaven's Feel as well last night in Tampa. It was nice seeing a ufotable Fate anime again since I loved the poo poo out of UBW. A lot of the early scenes establishing Shiro, Sakura, and Shinji's relationship more were really good, but I could have done without them effectively being half of the movie. The fights were genuinely pretty great, being some of the most beautiful looking things ufotable has done, it is worth noting the movie is really beautiful. Everything flows well in motion, I tried looking for any moments of particularly obvious CGI during more complex sequences and they did a good job of masking if any of it was there. The Shadow's pseudo-horror gimmick was captured incredibly well. It moves strangely, does nothing ever and that creates a sort of unnerving anticipation as much as it did in the VN.

There were two big fights they promoted the movie with a lot, the first was the extended fight between Lancer and True Assassin and the other was Saber vs Rider in the alley but they never actually showed that one. All I'll say about that one is it's handled spectacularly and had my theater howling with laughter. The Mapo Tofu scene felt like a bit of a disappointment unfortunately because it's not really dwelled upon a lot, but Kirei does do some funny poo poo during his and Shiro's conversation in the restaurant, so it made up for it. Overall, I had a lot of fun with the movie, looking forward to the second and third one's especially because those are what I liked from Heaven's Feel, but this made me appreciate the first third of the storyline a bit more.

Also gently caress Apocrypha, I watched the anime of that when it hit US Netflix and it was just as boring and lovely as the original story was.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think every theater was laughing at the Saber vs Rider fight. That and the group picture at the start of the movie got the biggest reactions at my viewing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kyte posted:

I recall reading that the default medical response to anything is "have you tried losing some weight?" so maybe they've just got a weird national complex about their weight.

To expand on this: there's a nation-wide stigma against being overweight, to the point where you are taxed if you are above a particular BMI, and people are taught to point out weight gain in others. :eng101:

Better to be underweight than overweight, really.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pollyanna posted:

Better to be underweight than overweight, really.
The proper way to measure this kind of weight-health fitness is via body fat %, but that require a device to check it, and it’s not a general chartable data that insurance can make use of.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I watched the movie three times. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The important HF question was always what movie 2 is going to be like, and whether 90% of it is a whole lot of nothing.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

The important HF question was always what movie 2 is going to be like, and whether 90% of it is a whole lot of nothing.

Movie 1 stop just at day 8, and day 9 of HF is gigantic, one of the biggest of the whole novel, so actually I'm afraid for the MASSIVE quantity of content they need to fit in the second movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Let's not forget the last two days take up about a third of the story. Plus the epilogue.

I had already guessed a year ago Part 1 would end where it did, but I wonder whether Part 2 will end at Day 12 when Sakura is revealed as the Shadow after being confronted by Gil, or Day 14 with Shirou collapsing after she's gone bonkers and kidnapped Illya. I'm leaning towards the latter since it makes more sense in terms of the story beats.

But yeah, basically all the good poo poo happens in the next two films - this was just the prologue.