Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

You have to point only after the reticle shrinks. I do peacemaker in bursts usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Washout posted:

Get an ignis or sonicor via the dojo (gently caress it get both), ask in clanchat for taxis to get the mats and credits. The slap that reactor on whichever one you like more. Feel free to beg for better damage mods and slots or whatever else you might need.

I would suggest sonicor for a new player takes way less forma like just one to be good to the end of the star chart compared to ignis which takes like 6

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Broose posted:

Does anyone have a video of mesa's old 360 in action? Was there more transition between poses then? Or was she always snapping to a new pose every time she fires like she does now?

Always snapping to a new pose like now, but even more ridiculous. Since you could fire on so many enemies at the same time it was just constant top speed flailing

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Always snapping to a new pose like now, but even more ridiculous. Since you could fire on so many enemies at the same time it was just constant top speed flailing

She also has a bunch of poses for firing off to her left or right, or firing behind her, that you never see anymore

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Broose posted:

Does anyone have a video of mesa's old 360 in action? Was there more transition between poses then? Or was she always snapping to a new pose every time she fires like she does now?

Oh, and I can't overstate how useful ember with an ignis is for solo syndicate missions. Ember with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise can run her 4 non-stop. Put an intensify (and when you can grab an Energy Conversion mod from simaris, but it isn't absolutely needed). Vitality for just in case and now you have an afk frame. You can search for medallions and scan plants or explore in peace. No need to worry about being visible, cause everything but the toughest enemies on the highest level missions will fall over dead before they can do anything. Bum Firequake off a goon and you will be invincible.

https://youtu.be/PzNpkOUUSUQ or just search YouTube for "Warframe old message". Back in the day I was playing old message and my team was in a large orokin room. The double layer one with the big tree growing out of the basement. I'm on the bottom floor and go peacemaker to cover a friend getting swarmed across the room. Then a corrupted napalm drops down next to me and all I do is hold left click praying it prioritized this napalm 4meters away over the group 30 meters across the room.

Because old Mesa was cool. Peacemaker saved my friend but the napalm dropped me before peacemaker got around to him.

I won't say the new is better than the old, but there is a lot less chance of dumb Warframe stuff happening now that I have a finer control over peacemaker. Which is a loss to the game if you ask me.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Destro posted:

I would suggest sonicor for a new player takes way less forma like just one to be good to the end of the star chart compared to ignis which takes like 6

You can make status ignus to clear the star chart and that only takes like 2.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
My favorite star chart decimating weapon is the Atomos, but it probably has an MR requirement. You point at one thing and all the things die.

hup posted:

You have to point only after the reticle shrinks. I do peacemaker in bursts usually.
You always have to point. The initial size is about one screen so if you can see stuff it's getting blasted.

Well, it is one screen if you don't run range. Apparently the size is effected by your range stat, but range doesn't effect mesa's range on anything worthwhile so it's a pointless mesa stat.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Found a dead whale on Cetus near the Grineer hydropower plant in the west, went back to it and found a dead Grineer butcher on top of it surrounded by vultures.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I made a friend :3: while fishing in Cetus.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The funny thing about mesa is that you can do stuff like this on a melee only mission.

https://giant.gfycat.com/LoathsomeFondHorse.webm

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sandweed posted:

The funny thing about mesa is that you can do stuff like this on a melee only mission.

They nerfed that at some point. You can still use exalted weapons in foo-only missions but if your actual weapon is banned then you don't get the effects of any of its mods on your peacemaker/lightsaber/etc, meaning it'll do incredibly terrible damage.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Lemon King posted:

I made a friend :3: while fishing in Cetus.

Photobombulist.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Photobombulist.

:golfclap:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Sandweed posted:

This dumb alert killed the council challenges.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They nerfed that at some point. You can still use exalted weapons in foo-only missions but if your actual weapon is banned then you don't get the effects of any of its mods on your peacemaker/lightsaber/etc, meaning it'll do incredibly terrible damage.

Oh they finally got around to fixing that :( drat DE infringing on my right to gun arms.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Fashionframe! What do goons think of my Hydroid?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like it. The green really pops in the other colors.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Kaiju frame best frame.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

C.M. Kruger posted:

Found a dead whale on Cetus near the Grineer hydropower plant in the west, went back to it and found a dead Grineer butcher on top of it surrounded by vultures.

Excuse me sir I don’t think you know what “whales” look like.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I hope it's a teaser for an eventual sharkwing expansion. Dive straight into the ocean from skywing and hunt sharks with your oversized sword.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is this game appreciably better on PC than PS4? I have a good gaming PC and PS4Pro and am looking for space ninja action and goon clan

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

PC gets all the major content updates a good deal earlier since they don't have to go through Sony/MS cert. You have your choice of KB/M vs Gamepad I guess and last but not least the economy when it comes to premium currency is quite a bit different between console and PC.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah, PC is the way to go if you've got options :keke:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this game appreciably better on PC than PS4? I have a good gaming PC and PS4Pro and am looking for space ninja action and goon clan

PC is recommended but there are minor benefits to console. You can get a number of cosmetic items without paying money (by trading for the premium currency) that are only available on PC for real money. You also get to see what’s going to be good or lovely in advance on console and plan with a few weeks of lead time. That’s mostly metagame stuff though, the game itself is undoubtedly better if you have a nice computer.

Edit: buying premium currency is cheaper on PC though.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can I get a PS4 clan invite please? (And if anyone wants to volunteer to help me on this wtf-is-this, who-thought-this-was-a-good-idea, monumentally-fuckawful Archwing rush mission on Phobos, that would be fantastic, too. :) )

e; wait - think that's my warframe ID. PSN ID is...
e2; p1psk1 is, in fact, my PSN ID. :v:

Pipski fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 4, 2017

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Just started playing this yesterday and after a few hours of not really knowing what the gently caress I was doing or supposed to do I think I'm starting to get into this especially now that I read up on the mod system.

PSN: charismaslover if I can get an invite into the PS4 clan.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Pipski posted:

Can I get a PS4 clan invite please? PSN: Pipsk1. (And if anyone wants to volunteer to help me on this wtf-is-this, who-thought-this-was-a-good-idea, monumentally-fuckawful Archwing rush mission on Phobos, that would be fantastic, too. :) )

Just to give you peace of mind, that's by far the worst node in the game and that mission type never turns up anywhere else.

Quirkk fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 4, 2017

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

YellerBill posted:

She also has a bunch of poses for firing off to her left or right, or firing behind her, that you never see anymore

I've only played new mesa and see a few poses like that all the time. Sometimes she'll even turn away from a target to do it. Spin your camera around while your 4 is active and it's pretty much the same effect*

*I mean visually, I understand the shrinking crosshairs and having to move your mouse around if you keep it going for more than 10 seconds or so is not afk auto turret.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

charismaslover posted:

Just started playing this yesterday and after a few hours of not really knowing what the gently caress I was doing or supposed to do I think I'm starting to get into this especially now that I read up on the mod system.

PSN: charismaslover if I can get an invite into the PS4 clan.

I'm new too and am going through Phobos now. PSN: veddermatic

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Next time I log in, I'm going to get a pile of 3-day boosters. I want to delay that until next weekend. I was going to just not play the game during the week, however, I just started building the parts for Nekros Prime. I'd like to get that building once the parts are done. Can I just leave Warframe running to avoid the login?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maxwell Adams posted:

Next time I log in, I'm going to get a pile of 3-day boosters. I want to delay that until next weekend. I was going to just not play the game during the week, however, I just started building the parts for Nekros Prime. I'd like to get that building once the parts are done. Can I just leave Warframe running to avoid the login?

Use the phone app. :eng101:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Maxwell Adams posted:

As long as you don't leave your ship. If you leave for any reason (mission, Cetus, relay, dojo), the login reward will kick off the moment you come back.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lightning Knight posted:

Use the phone app. :eng101:

wait there's a phone app that i can control my foundry from?

how have you monsters never told me this

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Soothing Vapors posted:

And allocate resource collectors.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soothing Vapors posted:

the official app is actually good

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

It's also annoying as hell because every time I check alerts while I'm at work I see that I'm missing out on Ororkin Catalysts.
e: Like literally right now

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 4, 2017

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Lumpy posted:

I'm new too and am going through Phobos now. PSN: veddermatic

I've just finished Mercury and need to find an egg on Earth. If you see me on later and want some company just give me a shout :)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RFC2324 posted:

the official app is actually good

The functionality it provides is mostly good, the interface not so much.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just going to warn you that doggos and cattes aren't super good while also having an upkeep cost that is very detrimental to newer players. So while you can totally do the quest, I'd always recommend a Sentinel to newer players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I never evolved my dog passed puppy stage. So now I have this adorable bundle of joy scampering around my ship. :kimchi: