Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • Kurt Angle came out to announce Roman's opponent for the Intercontinental Title. Jason Jordan showed up and tried to argue his case, and Roman came out to challenge Samoa Joe and make fun of Jordan for trying to use his dad to get opportunities. Samoa Joe came out to call them both chumps and accept Roman's challenge, but Jordan jumped Roman from behind. Roman demanded that Kurt make the match between him and Jordan.

• Joe watched the match from the top of the entrance ramp.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

WHY HATH YOU COME BEFORE THE EMPEROR OF SAMOA

• Roman successfully defended his IC Title against Jordan in a really drat good match that crossed several commercial breaks. Jordan controlled much of the match but was knocked into the ropes and seemed to inflame his injured leg. Roman worked on the leg some and then Jordan had a hell of a comeback before Roman was able to finally put him away with a Superman Punch/Spear combo.

• Joe came down to the ring to attack Roman, but as he was attempting to choke him out he was taken out by Jordan. Afterwards, Roman superpunched Jordan again (why!?!) and Cole defended it on commentary.

• Backstage, Angle assured Stephanie over the phone that he was taking care of everyhting. Jordan demanded a shot at Samoa Joe and Angle shouted him down saying he couldn't demand anything. As Jordan was leaving, Joe jumped him from behind, taunted Angle to do anything about it, and insisted,"Like Father, Like Son."

• A recap of Paige's "Absolution" stable. Paige faced Sasha in a singles match with Absolution, Mickie James and Bayley at ringside while Alexa was on commentary. Paige defeated Sasha after looking in danger of tapping but barely making the ropes, and then a brawl at ringside distracting her and allowing Paige to hit her finish. Absolution attacked Sasha in the ring after the match while Alexa quickly cleared out of the commentary table.

• Elias backstage was angry with Angle for giving an IC shot to Jordan instead of himself. He demanded the chance to do a musical performance.

• Enzo was talking to his "Zo Train" about the Fatal Fourway tonight, complaining that last week's was won by Rich Swann. Nia Jax showed up and appeared interested in Enzo.

• Drew Gulak won the Fatal Fourway against Mustafa Ali, Cedric Alexander and Tony Nese. Cedric seemed to have the match won but knocked Nese out of the ring after his finisher, so he turned on Ali to try and get the win, only for Gulak to knock him out of the ring and pin Ali instead. Gulak was interviewed about possibly facing Enzo for the Cruiserweight Title and wanted to answer with a Powerpoint Presentation, but Corey Graves said they had no time.

• Elias' musical performance was broken up by BRAUUUUNNNNNNNN - Elias tried to jump Strowman from behind and use a guitar shot on him, but Strowman sold nothing and destroyed him. Kane appeared on the Titantron to challenge him to a match next week from which only one monster would emerge.

• Roman Reigns told Seth and Dean backstage that he wanted them to win the Tag Titles back like he'd won the IC Title recently.

• Asuka defeated Alicia Fox in a short match where she sold more than she did in any of the Dana matches. Afterwards Absolution showed up but allowed Asuka to just walk out without a care in the world. Paige promised Alicia she wouldn't attack her since they were friends... but Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose was a different matter. The two destroyed Alicia.

• Charlotte is going to be in the new Psych movie.

• Finn Balor defeated Bo Dallas in a singles match. Bo came out with Curtis Axel using the Miz's music.

• Bray Wyatt did a spooky promo that was continually disrupted and overridden by Woken Matt Hardy delivering his own batshit insane promo. It was loving awesome and ruled a whole bunch.

• The Bar retained their tag titles when they lost to The Shield by DQ when Sheamus attacked Seth and Dean after a lengthy match when he wasn't the legal man, forcing the referee to call for the belt. Sheamus was delighted, but as they began to leave Kurt Angle came out and said they weren't getting away with it that easily and that the match was being restarted as a No-DQ match.

• Seth and Dean beat the poo poo out of Cesaro and Sheamus. Before the Shield could hit a double-team finisher, Samoa Joe rushed in and attacked both. Roman Reigns charged down but Joe took off, and before Reigns could react Cesaro and Sheamus stole the win and retained their belt.

• As The Bar escaped through the crowd with their belts, following Samoa Joe, Roman was left fuming in the ring with Seth and Dean.

Smackdown Results
  • Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens came to the ring to complain about having a McMahon against them, likening themselves to the likes of Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart and Steve Austin but insisting they were better than all of them. As Sami demonstrated the difference between ringside and being on the ramp to excuse his interference last week, Orton took the opportunity to hit an RKO-OUTTA-NOWHERE on Owens.

• Kevin and Sami will face Orton and a partner of his choice at Clash of Champions, and tonight Sami will face Orton in a singles match with Owens handcuffed at ringside. Owens said he was going to go talk to Daniel Bryan.

• Aiden English attempted to sing "The Twelve Days of Rusev" but was interupted by The New Day. They started a match, with English singing,"IT'S RUSEV DAAAAAAAY" during restholds.

• Rusev and English defeated The New Day! :aaa::hf::unsmith:

• A recap of Mojo attacked Ryder last week. Renee interviewed him backstage where Mojo said even Gronk was on him about betraying Ryder. Mojo had come to realize that he had more success without Zack than with him, and that Ryder was dead weight.

• Carmella, Tamina and Lana discussed with Daniel Bryan their desire for a title shot against Charlotte Flair. Carmella pointed out that she had rid the WWE of Ellsworth and demanded a shot just for that. The Riott Squad showed up and began complaining that Bryan was prejudiced against them all in some way, and a six woman squabble broke out till Bryan shut them up and booked them to be lumberjacks at Charlotte's title match against at Nattie at Clash of Champions.

• Corbin was upset that Ziggler might be put into the Intercontinental Title match between him and Roode. Ziggler showed up and reminded Corbin that he was a former World Champion and had cashed in HIS Money in the Bank successfully.

• The Bludgeon Brothers DESTROYED two tiny little jobber men.

• Owens told Sami backstage that Bryan was willing to consider their request for help, but they weren't sure if that was good or bad news.

• Roode vs Corbin ended in a DQ when Ziggler, who had been on commentary, ran in and attacked first Roode and then Corbin.

• Backstage, an excited Nattie told Tamina, Carmella and Lana to have her back if she got thrown out of the ring during her title match, but if Charlotte was thrown out to attack her. She talked poo poo about The Riott Squad until she realized they were directly behind her, at which point she was their biggest fan.

• Charlotte defeated Tamina by submission, watched by Nattie, Carmella and Lana at ringside. Nattie got on the mic to talk trash and threaten her with the others, but then the Riott Squad showed up. Tamina and Sarah Logan started to fight but the others broke them up, and Charlotte backed off up the ramp with her belt.

• Backstage, Sami and Kevin met with Daniel Bryan where he told them his decision. He agreed with Shane that they should be no interference, and security showed up with handcuffs for Owens.

• Randy Orton defeated Sami Zayn with a roll-up of all things. Owens had been handcuffed to the ropes at ringside and Sami attempted to get him free with bolt cutters only to take a beating from Orton. In the distraction, Owens got himself loose but his attempt to help Sami backfired and eventually lead to Orton's roll-up victory. Afterwards Owens blindsided Orton, and he and Sami began beating on him. Shinsuke Nakamura ran to the ring and together he and Orton just beat the poo poo out of Sami and Kevin and took turns holding one up to be hit with the RKO and then Kinshasa.

• Backstage Bryan and Shane were watching. Bryan was impressed with the idea of Clash of Champions having Orton and Nakamura against Sami and Kevin, but told Shane that he felt this was the extent of the punishment for the latter two and after that they could all go back to square one. Shane's McMahon genes were showing though, as with great glee he informed an obviously less than impressed Bryan that if Sami and Owens lose at Clash of Champions, they will be fired.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
That was a fun Raw :)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

:cawg:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It was, and Woken Matt Hardy breaking into Bray's spooky promo was the absolute highlight for me. So loving good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I had lots of fun and laughs with all my friends in the RAW thread! Absolution is still pretty awkward, I'm warming up to 'Whiny baby with great wrestling skills' Jason Jordan, and I wish Braun and Elias could be friends instead of enemies.

Oh and somehow Woken Matt Hardy is the perfect foil for Bray Wyatt and their segment was a perfect example of how wrestling can be really fun and really stupid at the same time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Very very good Raw. Lots of good action, Bray/Woken Matt is goddamn perfect and the main event was really good. I would think this was leading to Rollins and Ambrose triumphing at the next PPV but for Raw that's the Rumble. :psyduck:

By the way J-Ru, your recap says The Bar was set to hit a double team when Joe came out. Should say The Shield. :)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Absolution's biggest problem right now is that Paige is either really rusty in the ring, or has decided its okay to be completely bland in the ring. Also that Sonya and Mandy are both bad and look lost out there.

I also have a sense of dread that they are going to have Paige (w/ Absolution) be the one to break Asuka's undefeated streak. Which would be a monumental waste, at least right now. The other alternative is to have Paige beat Alexa for the Women's Championship.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the hardy/wyatt segment was hilarious. if the whole feud is this sharp contrast of bray wyatt being his boring self and taking it deathly serious while matt hardy is being goofy and wacked out then i will be all for it

also if they don't have a "brother nero i knew you'd come" callback when jeff returns from injury then they hosed up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cardboard Box posted:

the hardy/wyatt segment was hilarious. if the whole feud is this sharp contrast of bray wyatt being his boring self and taking it deathly serious while matt hardy is being goofy and wacked out then i will be all for it

also if they don't have a "brother nero i knew you'd come" callback when jeff returns from injury then they hosed up

Yea they really can't have Wyatt as mr super serious spookums at this point. Undertaker is the god of that and he won't beat that legacy, and we've had sooooo many dull angles with that as the center. It's fantastic to have him paired with a guy being a cornball about it, both of them can do great there.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is the Woken Matt Hardy part on youtube yet

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dangerous Person posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgS56pESPk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dangerous Person posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgS56pESPk

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Thank you sirs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jax Amore

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Woken Matt. You freaking god you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shut your Lid!

Just kidding. that was a funny video

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This is my first tatse of Broken (Woken) Matt Hardy, and it is delicious

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

in my opinion, it's good that Matt Hardy said the memes on television, and I hope he continues to do so.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The last few comments namely stab and Gumball Gumption's in the old WWE thread were really weird. The situation with the Steens stemmed from Karina's Instagram account yet I get a load of nonsense from them for referring to her Instagram account and her referring to her by her stated name.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

The last few comments namely stab and Gumball Gumption's in the old WWE thread were really weird. The situation with the Steens stemmed from Karina's Instagram account yet I get a load of nonsense from them for referring to her Instagram account and her referring to her by her stated name.

WWE took away the name Steen anyway, she only has one name we can use.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MassRafTer posted:

Oddly she's Steen and he's Kevin, their kids are Owens and 'Lodi

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
From Youtube clips, this seems like it was a drat fine episode of Raw.

- Bray/Hardy was loving awesome. I was wrong about the WWE version of Broken sucking. It was awesome.
- The Joe/Roman/Jordan stuff came off pretty good on Youtube, Jordan seemed a little too whiny. I dunno if it was worse on the whole show. Jordan really has something, man. They need to stop loving it up. Joe is awesome, as per usual. Roman is a dick!
- The whole "got over in defeat by fighting valiantly against top guys" has worked fine for Jordan so far, 'cause he has been really good in these matches, but they really oughta start giving the dude some Ws at some point.
- Four-way looked pretty awesome. It seems like they're actually putting some effort into the rest of the Cruiserweights besides throwing away main events on crappy Enzo matches and promo segments. Swann vs. Gulak should be really loving good.
- Hooray, Finn got...a win...I guess?
- Roman hosed up things for Dean and Seth! Roman is an unhelpful dick!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Very very good Raw. Lots of good action, Bray/Woken Matt is goddamn perfect and the main event was really good. I would think this was leading to Rollins and Ambrose triumphing at the next PPV but for Raw that's the Rumble. :psyduck:

By the way J-Ru, your recap says The Bar was set to hit a double team when Joe came out. Should say The Shield. :)

I'm thinking Christmas or New Year's Raw is gonna be a pseudo PPV, like SmackDown's done a few times.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently she has a stage name and hasn't interact with fans on a personal basis on social media going back to Kevin's time on the indies. The more you know.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

rovert posted:

People gave you poo poo for saying "oh how could you think Karina would do this" like we're supposed to be intimately familiar with the social media behavior patterns of Kevin Owens' wife.

I don't know why you felt this needed to be brought to a second thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just can't believe that insane news broke and it wasn't true. After the last few days I was ready to believe anything.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Enzo is the tallest guy in his stable.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Waffleopolis posted:

This is my first tatse of Broken (Woken) Matt Hardy, and it is delicious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtL5TCa4V3c

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The sentence was poorly constructed and should hopefully make more sense now. Thanks :)

rovert posted:

You can post about that in the old discussion thread but only if it really matters to you or anybody else, it is irrelevant to this one.

So loving good :mmmsmug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also y'know something that was really loving great about the opening segment?

Roman actually sold for Jordan. And I don't mean bumping for him, he sold that getting caught and suplexed by Jordan really pissed him off. It was so great. Roman is usually booked to just be a smug dick that doesn't sell anything that happens to him as actually mattering but this time they actually let him cut loose and emote a bit and it's the best I've seen Roman do in a promo segment in I dunno how long.

Past few weeks, Roman's actually been allowed to emote and act like the poo poo that happens to him matters to him and hey, whaddaya know, I've kinda gotten invested in the stuff that happens to him as a result!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Erebus posted:

People gave you poo poo for saying "oh how could you think Karina would do this" like we're supposed to be intimately familiar with the social media behavior patterns of Kevin Owens' wife.

It wasn't like that if you thought it was like that then maybe you should learn to ask first instead of accusing me of things I am not doing or giving me poo poo for it. Don't be so precious.

Karina is very overt about her boundaries between what she shares on social media and what she doesn't on Instagram which has nearly 30,000 followers. Most fans on Twitter I follow seemed to have a shared understanding that Kevin and Karina are largely private people. I thought it was the same here.

Jerusalem posted:

You can post about that in the old discussion thread but only if it really matters to you or anybody else, it is irrelevant to this one.

It was locked in fairness.

Karina's Instagram username is karinaleilasteen, it is public and she regularly states the ground rules. I don't know how to refer to her other than Karina. Calling her Kevin Owen's wife is a bit reductionist also. I wasn't putting myself over and inferring any close relationship. She was a big part of Owen's "indie operation" when came to handling merch and stuff.

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 5, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

It was locked in fairness.

That's because...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't watch tonight but I'm going to safely assume that Bengals/Steelers had more heat than anything that happened on Raw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Didn't watch tonight but I'm going to safely assume that Bengals/Steelers had more heat than anything that happened on Raw

You should watch this Raw it was very good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm kicking myself for skipping this raw. I thought I was safe with how dire the previous 2 were. I hope Woken Matt breathes some life back into Bray.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

You should watch this Raw it was very good.

Yeah but did anyone get hauled off for possibly serious spinal injury?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm sad that I dont "get" broken Matt. I'm normally the guy that gets stuff. This is way over my head though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I'm sad that I dont "get" broken Matt. I'm normally the guy that gets stuff. This is way over my head though.

It's certainly not for everyone, but even discounting the Hardy stuff, the opening and closing matches of the show were really drat good bookends to Raw and I care more about Jason Jordan after this one single match with Roman than I have since the days of American Alpha.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blaise330 posted:

There's nothing to get man. It's weird Wild madness. Just sit back and enjoy something this bizarre happening.

• Locked thread