Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I reckon we have lost this. We look mentally shot. Starc is bowling terribly and we arent getting a lot out the ball. Yeah 350 is a big chase but there is little application from Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Pies bowled at 145k are still just pies

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I reckon we have lost this. We look mentally shot. Starc is bowling terribly and we arent getting a lot out the ball. Yeah 350 is a big chase but there is little application from Australia

They looked sharp for the first few overs and have entirely fallen out of shape. Are the pink Kookaburra balls not as reliable as they should be?

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I know this probably isn't advice that Australia will heed, but having your two strike bowlers throwing shade at the people officiating your game could cause them to not rule in your favour during borderline decisions.

You mean act like an adult?

That's unAustralian.

Whinge and complain is the Aussie way!

But I called it, Poms are gonna walk this in. loving lolstralia

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
2 easy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The Rabbi T. White posted:

They looked sharp for the first few overs and have entirely fallen out of shape. Are the pink Kookaburra balls not as reliable as they should be?

It is one of the reasons why they have in general kept a bit more grass on the adelaide oval. Some concern that they won't hold shape. That said Australian pitches and outfields are hard and abrasive anyway so balls don't hold up too well in general. Thats the argument as to why we don't use the duke ball.

We have lost the plot since we had England 7 down imo. Just one bad mistake after the other.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Sack the lot of them. Make Renshaw the captain.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Calm down it's still England. They'll probably do something Englandy and maybe draw the game.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lyon will have to save us, again.

It only will take 1 wicket for England to get the jitters, but the fast bowlers have made a meal of this and went on tilt way too quickly.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Renshaw hasn't got a score above 20 in ages. I feel bad for him because I think the powers that be have hosed with his head for scoring too slow but he is miles off where he needs to be.

I really think that Lehmann should have stepped down after Clarke did but the problems are a lot deeper than that. Just go back to my rant about where we have failed after we collapsed at the gabba. Cricket Australia is very bad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Indeed. This is straight out of the England playbook. Give your fans a nugget of hope, only to cruelly and casually throw it away at the worst possible minute, and to the worst possible person.

I fully expect Steve Smith to turn in desperation to SMarsh to bowl a few overs later today only for the garbageman to take a hat trick.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Here's the shakiness.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

If Lyon doesn't get Cook very shortly he'll be rightfully livid.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im daring to dream

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The collapse will be on momentarily, big gazza Lyon has got their number

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra posted:

same

imagine not thinking england will win this.

my team for next test:
warner
maxwell
maxwell
smith
maxwell
maxwell
paine
cummins
starc
haze
lyon

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Seams posted:

same

imagine not thinking england will win this.

my team for next test:
warner
maxwell
maxwell
smith
maxwell
maxwell
paine
cummins
starc
haze
lyon

Not enough Marshes

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Thread favourite BIG HAZE has been BIG HORSESHIT in the Ashes so far

Feel free to use that burn in your workplace/home etc

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
2 bad teams

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can't believe that England haven't Englanded this up yet

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the feared FAST BOWLING CARTEL has been made to look like a bunch of scrubs by old man jimmy and county trundler woakes

tarbrush posted:

the only known force that can beat england englanding is lolstralia

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's almost like bringing in a quick bowler with extensive experience in the local conditions, who can move the ball considerably despite not having express pace, at the expense of one of the simpler bowlers, would have been a good idea.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

tarbrush posted:

They're trying. Haven't quite managed it yet.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
If Australia had batted for another 60-90 minutes they would've been golden with a new ball under lights

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Root knew what he was doing all along.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

NTRabbit posted:

It's almost like bringing in a quick bowler with extensive experience in the local conditions, who can move the ball considerably despite not having express pace, at the expense of one of the simpler bowlers, would have been a good idea.

i agree but the selectors love speed.

jimmy and woakes owning us with sub-140 km/h balls won't change their mind

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Is this blokes finger glued by his side

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Hmm....that's probably out.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Aggers intimating skullduggery is afoot with drs.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
lmao these umpires

Dargaffney review system

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Should just do away with umpires entirely and just review loving everything at this point

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Umpires cheating, luckily we have DRS

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Seams posted:

i agree but the selectors love speed.

jimmy and woakes owning us with sub-140 km/h balls won't change their mind

It goes in cycles when McGrath first got in the team the worry was he didn't have an outswinger rather than his pace. They always obsess over something

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I legit can't tell what the gently caress DRS is going to decide what spin deliveries are going to do.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The umpire probably has zero confidence in any of his decisions at this point

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
they should make rando internet idiots like me selector. im only half-joking

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Why didn't he go into his shell yesterday when we were batting.

They have lost the plot

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Scylo posted:

The umpire probably has zero confidence in any of his decisions at this point

This is true. Both of them are second guessing themselves and it's just snowballed to everything being just about wrong.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Is this the umpires' first pink ball test? Wouldn't surprise me if it takes a fair bit of getting used to for them, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Fanatic posted:

This is true. Both of them are second guessing themselves and it's just snowballed to everything being just about wrong.

Implement a law that the umpire can refer LBW decisions upstairs already. If they're not calling it properly and they know it, why keep forcing the issue?