Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

limaCAT posted:

Free at last!

This is the greatest gift I could give you. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Here's a rough breakdown that I put together for you:

COMING ON DEC 5:
*New Armor ornaments from various activities (Vanguard, Crucible, Trials, Iron Banner, Dead Orbit, FWC, New Monarchy, Eater of Worlds armor)
*Rare gear mods break down into gunsmith materials, and have a chance to give mod components
*Daily rotating selection of legendary mods available directly for legendary shards + mod components
*Legendary engrams for sale from the Cryptarch for legendary shards

COMING ON DEC 12:
*Faction armor and weapons buyable directly with tokens and shards, based on number of engrams claimed
*Fated Engrams from Xur, decrypts into an exotic you don't already have
*Three of Coins knockoff from Xur that boosts exotic drop rate for 4 hours
*Masterwork weapons, which are souped up legendaries with a rerollable perk that also causes multi-kills to spawn orbs and have a kill tracker (masterworks can be broken down to get materials to turn existing legendaries into masterworks)
*Gift consumables from Zavala and Shaxx that grant bonuses to everyone present in a strike or crucible match

COMING AFTER THAT:
*Better rewards for Prestige activities (target date: January 2018)
*Heroic Strikes playlist (target date: late December? wasn't mentioned for Dec 5 or 12 but specifically stated as "in December")
*Better emote interface (target date: early 2018)
*Private Crucible Matches and Ranked PVP (target date: early 2018)
*More Gusmith improvements (target date: early 2018)
*Dupe protection for Exotic Engrams (target date: early 2018)

Kyrosiris, you’re awesome. Putting this in the front.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Aww yeah. Dlc ground floor

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I really hope the raid lair is open this week but I fully expect it to not be.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: ALERTZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! :ducksiren:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-expansion-pass-pc/

Use code NEW15 to get the Expansion Pass that includes both CoO and DLC2 for $26!!!!!!!!

gently caress it, I'm going to probably put another $25 worth of my time into this game. Thanks for the heads up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Kyrosiris, you’re awesome. Putting this in the front.

No problem. :) I also edited in a couple of things I noticed wrong about the OP (Dulfy guide link is broke, main Destiny discord invite is dead).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just had a...hacker? in my game that had unlimited wardcliff ammo w/ no reload time. it was nuts.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Use code NEW15 to get the Expansion Pass that includes both CoO and DLC2 for $26!!!!!!!!

It's telling me that the voucher code is invalid.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just had a...hacker? in my game that had unlimited wardcliff ammo w/ no reload time. it was nuts.

Known glitch, works with that and Merciless I think.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This code doesn't seem to work anymore.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

No problem. :) I also edited in a couple of things I noticed wrong about the OP (Dulfy guide link is broke, main Destiny discord invite is dead).

Fixed. Thanks again!

Keep it coming all. If you get any awesome Density 2 gifs or screenshots or quotes or whatever, just send it my way here, PM or in discord (I’m ICR in all the many discords I’m in. I’m easy to reach).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Peewi posted:

It's telling me that the voucher code is invalid.

Deakul posted:

This code doesn't seem to work anymore.

Had a goon in the discord just do it 5 minutes ago.

Found out you have to be a new account to use the NEW15.

He just made a new account and did that. Worked like a charm. Sorry, just found out the details.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

COMING ON DEC 12:
*Faction armor and weapons buyable directly with tokens and shards, based on number of engrams claimed
Does anyone know the deal with this except for speculation yet?

Hopefully at the very least, will it track how many turn in's you've done on an account or character already? (My meager turn ins have ended up very lopsided as it is, given the incentive to turn in with your highest power level dude when not praying for armor).

Or will it be starting from zero, further delaying the goal to finish off that set you've been chasing since launch without spending 400+ more tokens on random rolls first, per character.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is retroactive, nobody knows the numbers.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is the level cap going up with the expansion?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Schneider Heim posted:

Is the level cap going up with the expansion?

330 (335 w/ mods)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in d1, I want to say it was like...level four before you could buy all the items.

keep in mind in d1 it was like 12 rep for a strike and you needed 250 rep for ranks three and up. the best way to grind vanguard rep was actually patrol missions because in d1 they gave vanguard rep. vanilla d1 was pretty hosed up.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Republicans posted:

330 (335 w/ mods)

max level will be 25, also, iirc

no i don’t know why they insist on two parallel character progressions when they’re both almost entirely useless

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

max level will be 25, also, iirc

no i don’t know why they insist on two parallel character progressions when they’re both almost entirely useless

Gives a reason for people to play story missions I guess?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gives a reason for people to play story missions I guess?

By the time I did the story on my third character, my guy was already like 290 light.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

New thread, awh yisssssssssss

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone else running into issues lately when playing with more than one person in the same LAN at the same time? I played pretty much exclusively with my partner, and very often one of our characters (from the perspective of the other) will just lag out for about 10 seconds and run in a straight line in a random direction.

We're on a Moderate NAT according to the Accessibility options, but aside from that I got nothin. Network diagnostics all show completely fine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Republicans posted:

I really hope the raid lair is open this week but I fully expect it to not be.

They usually open it one week after the expansion hits.

Looking forward to more Destiny and more poo poo posting

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NEEERRRRDDDDSSSSS

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

My blind raid team killed Callus about 5 minutes before Bungo kicked us to orbit to tell us about the upcoming patch. Felt good and boy were we lucky that didn't happen in the middle since it was literally our last run of the night before quitting.

I won't write an essay about it this time because I'm sure nobody gives a poo poo. Plus it wasn't that interesting once we figured out dogs. Calus took maybe 45 minutes to figure out solidly other than the very very very end... which killed us the first time we got to it.

Republicans posted:

330 (335 w/ mods)
But with the new masterworks won't it be higher? They show a masterwork with a "10" on it.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 5, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DaveKap posted:

My blind raid team killed Callus about 5 minutes before Bungo kicked us to orbit to tell us about the upcoming patch. Felt good and boy were we lucky that didn't happen in the middle since it was literally our last run of the night before quitting.

I won't write an essay about it this time because I'm sure nobody gives a poo poo. Plus it wasn't that interesting once we figured out dogs. Calus took maybe 45 minutes to figure out solidly other than the very very very end... which killed us the first time we got to it.

But with the new masterworks won't it be higher? They show a masterwork with a "10" on it.

Yeah, I thought the raid did a pretty good job teaching you the mechanics you need to know and brought them together nicely for Calus. It's a shame that apparently the vast majority of players never do the raids since they're probably the best content in the game. As for the masterworks, I don't think they'll actually add power level. Rather, I think that was just saying it adds 10 points of [stat]. You don't see the numerical values in game, but every gun has a numerical value assigned to its stats that you can see in inventory managers.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DaveKap posted:

The 10 on Masterworks is the stat it rolls. They roll +10 to one of the gun stats, they drop orbs on multikills and they track kills in PvE, PvP or both. That's all they do.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gotcha. That's real dumb you see a number that's just meaningless...

And yeah, even though the only other raid I've ever played, in any game, ever, was being sherpa'd through the Vault of Glass, I felt like it was an amazing experience. Figuring it out and doing it on your own is like ten times more exciting... and leading that group is 20 times more exciting. I'll admit I was shaking when we won. (But I was also shaking when we lost at the very end.)

Hope the lairs aren't poo poo!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I really missed ICR posting

truly density 2 is a miracle

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They said the lair will have completely different loot, right?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Republicans posted:

They said the lair will have completely different loot, right?

Yeah, all new armor, guns, ships and sparrows, it doesn't look like any gear or areas are actually being copy-pasted here which was a legitimate fear for a lot of people, myself included.

Think of CoO as the equivalent of Dark Below for D2, the new raid is unique and made from the ground up but will be smaller in scope compared to Leviathan, bit like how Crota's End was quite small compared to Vault of Glass. Calling them raid lairs seems like an example of Bungie setting expectations.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 5, 2017

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Here's to hoping somebody figures out how the lair works, I'm diving in tomorrow evening

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I should add the raid lair won't be open for at least another week.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They're doing the thing where you don't have to poopsock yourself up to 300-320 on day 1 to be relevant for the raid.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I am severely disappointed in the lack or raid lair on release but I will also live through it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

i just bought the expansion pass before you posted this

rip me

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So is the original Leviathan raid gonna give now-useless 300-305 gear still? Cause I still haven’t found a decent group of people to run through it with. :/

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Pirate Jet posted:

So is the original Leviathan raid gonna give now-useless 300-305 gear still? Cause I still haven’t found a decent group of people to run through it with. :/
Nah, they said they're going to retune it so that it's still concurrent endgame content alongside the new lair. I believe that the numbers they gave were 300 power for Calus (so max damage done/min damage taken at 320 light) whereas he's currently around 275 (I believe the number people mentioned for it at the moment is 293 for max damage done/min damage taken?) so you'll still be able to get around 15-20 levels higher than it maxes out at just like now.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

geonetix posted:

I am severely disappointed in the lack or raid lair on release but I will also live through it.

My understanding is that it's supposed to give the hardcore WORLD FIRST raiders a fair amount of time to get to higher power levels before the raid lair is unleashed and people compete for a finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Milky Moor posted:

i just bought the expansion pass before you posted this

rip me

I got off work, saw the deal in the thread, GMG says out of stock now.

:rip::hf::rip:

• Locked thread