Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i'd just like to state that, for the record, i love my dead gay traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
There's an infinite forest guys, it's got 3 randomized sections and a choices of one of 4 set pieces at the end. Also it can be one of four factions you fight.

So that 4 x 3 P 3 x 4 = 4 x 6 x 4 = 96 different forest variations holy poo poo infinity is really small

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

Sivlan posted:

There's an infinite forest guys, it's got 3 randomized sections and a choices of one of 4 set pieces at the end. Also it can be one of four factions you fight.

So that 4 x 3 P 3 x 4 = 4 x 6 x 4 = 96 different forest variations holy poo poo infinity is really small

It's a infinity you can fit in your pocket!

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
the "randomized sections" are "rooms with some easy enemies in," right

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
This game is (pardon my French) flippin' fun.

I can't wait for the weekend when I'm shoveling Cheez-Its into my face and earning BoOooOOOoosted XP like a true professional gamer.

Tyra
Dec 22, 2012

Never dull your shine for somebody else.
I'm looking forward to endless days of crucru doodoo. I have a specialty trash can made for socks, sweat rags, and the occasional jalapeno Cheetos bag that attaches directly to my computer desk and a book of jokes at the ready.

Furthermore, I await excitedly for messages with no return sender (see photo ID).

"YEAH WE STEPPED ON YOUR PLATES AGAIN, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Why you gotta show the screen grab where I have a negative K/D.

This never happens guys it was an off day and I was stressed alright?

Tyra
Dec 22, 2012

Never dull your shine for somebody else.
It's okay, we worked as a well oiled machine with attachable custom phallic paraphernalia that night.. and we hid like bitches. They were sweating so much that they needed to clean their keyboards afterwards "hjm,"

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
This is a good OP, would feed freindshop coins into.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Drone posted:

Anyone else running into issues lately when playing with more than one person in the same LAN at the same time? I played pretty much exclusively with my partner, and very often one of our characters (from the perspective of the other) will just lag out for about 10 seconds and run in a straight line in a random direction.

We're on a Moderate NAT according to the Accessibility options, but aside from that I got nothin. Network diagnostics all show completely fine.

This has been an issue on consoles forever and they supposedly fixed it like 4 times or w/e, RIP just RIP

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

What site is this from? I'm actually curious because I'd like to look at some of my recent matches that were routs (on either side) and see how they look, rating-wise.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

What site is this from? I'm actually curious because I'd like to look at some of my recent matches that were routs (on either side) and see how they look, rating-wise.

https://www.destinytracker.com

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Guardian.gg also works.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hah, figures, destiny tracker is down and guardian.gg has no stats on me. :v:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I turned in some milestones before the second reset. Hopefully they actually reset

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Hah, figures, destiny tracker is down and guardian.gg has no stats on me. :v:

I think those services don't work if the servers are undergoing maintenance.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Gotta admit, even with all the negative press, this game seems appealing. I'm someone who does hundreds of hours in open world shooting games, solo. STALKER, Borderlands, the Far Cry games, even the Division, most of which i played by myself, and enjoyed immensely.

Assuming i don't have a huge need for raids and pvp (but will do the former if it's decently chill/not anal about minmaxxing), do you think I'll get much out of this game? The demo, which I've only played a bit of, assured me that I'll like the action, but i don't want to pay near full price if solo can only carry my so far.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as that guy who asked about him and his wife playing a few hours after work. Minus the wife.

Morter fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Predictions for the DLC:

- They will remove automatic rifles
- Handcanons buff
- They will add 6 legendary shard drains
- They will add 4 different new monetary items
- They will nerf Titans strike grenades
- They will buff hunter grenades
- They will nerf legendary shards adquisition greatly, making them more valuable

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Tei posted:

Predictions for the DLC:

- They will remove automatic rifles
- Handcanons buff
- They will add 6 legendary shard drains
- They will add 4 different new monetary items
- They will nerf Titans strike grenades
- They will buff hunter grenades
- They will nerf legendary shards adquisition greatly, making them more valuable

Sounds like the perfect update to me! Let me one shot captains and commanders tia

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Morter posted:

Gotta admit, even with all the negative press, this game send appealing. I'm someone who does hundreds of hours in open world shooting games, solo. STALKER, Borderlands, the Far Cry games, even the Division, most of which i played by myself, and enjoyed immensely.

Assuming i don't have a huge need for raids and pvp (but will do the former if it's decently chill/not anal about minmaxxing), do you think I'll get much out of this game? The demo, which I've only played a bit of, assured me that I'll like the action, but i don't want to pay near full price if solo can only carry my so far.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as that guy who asked about him and his wife playing a few hours after work. Minus the wife.

The negative press has to be taken with a large grain of salt, a lot of it is generated by the D1 hardcore hobbyist community being mad that there aren't enough grinds to justify constant play. There's been some weird shenanigans with XP gain and the loot boxes, though my opinion is that this was overblown and not as huge a deal as people made it out to be (that said, I'm glad people were loud enough to make Bungie deal with it).

If you're looking for a cool fun shooter with a decent story and some fun poo poo to do, you'll probably have a lot of fun. The shooting is solid and enjoyable, and doing all the quests and adventures will take you a good bit longer than your standard console shooter. Strikes (dungeons) are fun, Nightfalls (more challenging dungeons, like WoW Mythics) are really cool, and the Raid is enjoyable too. Public events are a blast. PvP is fun, but is probably the least well developed and lacks a number of features you'd expect (there's only two playlists, casual and competitive, no custom games, a really limited selection of game modes).

If you want a game that will dominate all your playtime and be the only thing you play, you are likely to get bored and dislike the game. If you want to play a cool shooter for a while and are comfortable getting a few dozen to 100ish hours out of it, you'll probably like it a lot.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 5, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Morter posted:

Gotta admit, even with all the negative press, this game seems appealing. I'm someone who does hundreds of hours in open world shooting games, solo. STALKER, Borderlands, the Far Cry games, even the Division, most of which i played by myself, and enjoyed immensely.

Piggy backing as someone also playing the demo, how's loot variety in the long term? It feels like there's only a handful of unique models and they all just have slight numerical increases to base dmg and that's it.
No unique affixes or modifiers or anything for special damage and stuff like that?

I was looking forward to this as yet another attempt at an ARPG in FPS form ala Borderlands/Hellgate London but the variety doesn't quite seem to be there, I want to play dress up with cool looking things that have neat effects and stuff!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Morter posted:

The gunplay is very good, and it scratches that "make the numbers go up" itch really well. And it's cool, good-looking, good-sounding sci-fantasy. I don't regret my purchase in the slightest, as someone who plays maybe 6-8 hours a week at most.

That being said: it's an shooter/MMO hybrid, so half of its community publicly hates the game despite itself (shooter fans) but will continue to buy the expansions for it and come back to finish all the new content before leaving again in a huff for lack of content (MMO fans).

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Deakul posted:

Piggy backing as someone also playing the demo, how's loot variety in the long term? It feels like there's only a handful of unique models and they all just have slight numerical increases to base dmg and that's it.
No unique affixes or modifiers or anything for special damage and stuff like that?

I was looking forward to this as yet another attempt at an ARPG in FPS form ala Borderlands/Hellgate London but the variety doesn't quite seem to be there, I want to play dress up with cool looking things that have neat effects and stuff!

Once you get to legendary (purple) items, guns start to get very distinct personalities, usually having two affixes and a handful of other options. It's not like Borderlands or anything with super random gun stats (they wanted to avoid grinding for "god rolls") but you'll get a feel for different archetypes and weapon personalities.

They are adding "Masterwork Weapons" on the 12th which allow for some functional customization of guns (re-rollable boost to one of the stats). They said that if this system is popular they'd like to expand it to give players more customization control over weapons.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 5, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also on an unrelated note, I got my first taste of the raid yesterday, and god drat, is there any gun that Calus's Selected doesn't look amazing on? I slapped it on my Origin Story and Manananan and have zero regrets.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Also on an unrelated note, I got my first taste of the raid yesterday, and god drat, is there any gun that Calus's Selected doesn't look amazing on? I slapped it on my Origin Story and Manananan and have zero regrets.

It is the proest tier shader

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

and Manananan

Better on Pleiades Corrector set to void, but you're getting there!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

It is the proest tier shader

Seriously, I'd do the raid every week just to keep myself stocked in it. So many guns I want to make shiny and gold. :swoon:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I've been thinking about running the raid three times a week indefinitely so that I can shade every gun in the game with Calus's Selected.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped doing the raid because my inner ADD is awakened with a vengeance during the dog encounter. I simply don’t have the patience to wait for those slow fucks to leisurely walk back and forth. I probably wiped my group single handedly over a dozen times last week. Doesn’t help that the dogs will also randomly dart in certain directions for no discernible reason. I hate that encounter.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The dogs freak out when the crystal dudes laser/kill the ads close to the dogs

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Best part is when a doggo decides to go for a run around the garden instead of going to howl at his flower, which happened to us last week (to the one guy who hadn't done it before too, which must have been mighty loving confusing)

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

Guys, you only have to run Castellum once to get the shaders. Same goes for Prestige, just open the first door and dunzo.

Wait, really? Shaders are only in the Castellum chest?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
GMG is out of stock, any other deals before I go home on my break and buy it from Blizzard at listed price?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Update is starting for me but I haven't yet bought the xpac. Honestly the game seems pretty barren and I don't think it's worth the price of admission, but now it's all sunken cost fallacy and wondering if it's worth gambling £30 on whether 2 expansions can fix this game's shortcomings. If it's only properly good in a year's time, will I feel like a big chump paying full price now when I know it will be cheaper in the future??

Pretty sure I'm gonna crumble and buy it either way, damnit.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Just spent £30 on this game I swore I was done with after getting mad at Iron Banner engrams.

Turns out I'm enjoying dicking about for a few hours every couple of days?? Alternatively I'm terrible, which is also true.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Give in to your sunken cost fallacy. See ALL OF YOU in game this week. Looking forward to it.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Two things that will absolutely happen:

1) gonna see these engram updates

2) gonna buy silver like an idiot because I like loot boxes and want cool things

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Fucc yeah I’m gonna misinterpret a shitload of environmental details as significant to a convoluted easter egg

ON MERCURY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Do it guys. Let’s all buy silver. It seems like the right call. Let’s help a small indie studio in need.

They won’t even make it to January without our help. Do not let this game shut down. I like it.

• Locked thread