Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does Cooler have moves that Frieza doesn't? I remember he had a Shredder form and a T1000 form but I don't remember them actually doing much of anything.
He has that move where he turns his arm into a laser sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Endorph posted:

He has that move where he turns his arm into a laser sword

That was Salza/Sauza, the leader of his Ginyu Force knockoff. Cooler had basically no unique moves. That said his 5th form is still a thousand times more rad than Golden Freeza.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bio broly looks like a pile of poo poo

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kurtofan posted:

Bio broly looks like a pile of poo poo

Truly the ultimate evolution of a poo poo character!

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

That was Salza/Sauza, the leader of his Ginyu Force knockoff. Cooler had basically no unique moves. That said his 5th form is still a thousand times more rad than Golden Freeza.

They let him use that move in Budokai 3, which I guess shows how desperate they were for moves (they even call it Salza Blade). They’ve based a few things in FighterZ on stuff from the other games so it’s not completely out of the question for them to let him use it here. I’d still be surprised if we get any movie villains, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only movie villain that has a shot is broly, because he's popular and has a reasonable pool of moves to draw from

Garlic Jr: Not very popular, no real interesting moves
turles: not very popular, kind of boring moveset, Another Goku
Dr. Wheelo: Not popular whatsoever, though you could make cool moves for him
Lord Slug: not very popular, just basically piccolo
Cooler: Somewhat popular, but his moveset is just Frieza's
Android 13: Not very popular outside of a few goofy dubisms, only recognizable move is the Goten Eraser
Broly: Popular, has a fairly unique design just due to how Huge he is, reasonable amount of unique moves to pull from (even the way he tosses ki blasts is kind of unique)
Bojack: Who?
Hirudegarn: Seriously, who?
Janemba: Cool moveset, people like his design, but I don't think people actually care enough about him to get in over canon characters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that said 13 is my favorite movie villain just because of those dubisms

"Listen boy, don't you lecture me with your thirty dollar haircut! Goku dies!"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Even the latest tournament side characters seem to have more thought put into them than most of the movie villains.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, it's hard to blame the writers of the movies. They were working in incredibly tight deadlines and even if they did write something really good it'd basically mean nothing because they were writing hour long fight scenes that would never be canon, and they probably had a lot of weird restrictions on what they could/couldn't do. ==

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I would love to play as Ribanne with all her moves being U2 team members as strikers, tbh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does Cooler have moves that Frieza doesn't? I remember he had a Shredder form and a T1000 form but I don't remember them actually doing much of anything.

Give him a support move where he flies through the opponent's beam and punches them in the face.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should put the dictator in his tank in the game

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Endorph posted:

the only movie villain that has a shot is broly, because he's popular and has a reasonable pool of moves to draw from

Garlic Jr: Not very popular, no real interesting moves
turles: not very popular, kind of boring moveset, Another Goku
Dr. Wheelo: Not popular whatsoever, though you could make cool moves for him
Lord Slug: not very popular, just basically piccolo
Cooler: Somewhat popular, but his moveset is just Frieza's
Android 13: Not very popular outside of a few goofy dubisms, only recognizable move is the Goten Eraser
Broly: Popular, has a fairly unique design just due to how Huge he is, reasonable amount of unique moves to pull from (even the way he tosses ki blasts is kind of unique)
Bojack: Who?
Hirudegarn: Seriously, who?
Janemba: Cool moveset, people like his design, but I don't think people actually care enough about him to get in over canon characters

Hatchiyack confirmed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dr.acula posted:

Hatchiyack confirmed
plan to eradicate the dlc sales

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I want farmer with shotgun and I want him to be completely busted

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
At this point I'm suspecting Beerus will probably just be part of the season pass if the base roster is gonna focus on DBZ

Though with Kid Buu and Adult Gohan on the roster, this renews my secret desire for Imperfect Cell

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/938045320197431296

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKndto15M

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like the parentheses

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yup. That there is the most boring character in the game, as expected.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Reinanigans posted:

Yup. That there is the most boring character in the game, as expected.

My exact thought.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Adult gohan never really did cool or creative stuff, so it's not surprising that it's a letdown when compared to the gotenks and kid buu stuff.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Gohan did something that was super cool and good and awesome but the problem is that thing should be a character in their own right instead.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Flytrap posted:

Gohan did something that was super cool and good and awesome but the problem is that thing should be a character in their own right instead.

Okay maybe I should have specified, mystic gohan never did anything cool or good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flytrap posted:

Videl?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
at least hes a goku headswap so they probably spent like 10 minutes making a boring char a bunch of idiots want

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I'm sure Gohan's playstyle is really distinct and cool, but it's hard to make him look exciting, even for Arcsys, I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:rimshot:

I'm guessing he means the Great Saiyaman

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

whats the chances of us getting videl. i know shes not exactly on the same level as the others but i bet she could give yamcha a hard time. although i don't know if she has much potential for an interesting moveset

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sharrrk posted:

whats the chances of us getting videl. i know shes not exactly on the same level as the others but i bet she could give yamcha a hard time. although i don't know if she has much potential for an interesting moveset

Yamcha, he of the I retired to play baseball and still got murdered doing that, is in the game, and power levels have never mattered.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes probably not in the game 'cause nobody really cares that much and she doesnt have much potential for a moveset, but they could make her the great saiyaman representative if they wanted. my bet is that she'll be in as dlc or in dbz fighterz 2 or whatever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Youre going to have to wait for FighterZ 2 if you want to make a team of super-saiya mommas

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sade posted:

I'm sure Gohan's playstyle is really distinct and cool, but it's hard to make him look exciting, even for Arcsys, I guess.

The character trailers have been really dry, Gohan seems like he has an Order Sol Charge mechanic that probably makes him play quite different from Goku/Vegeta while still keeping the same "template", but it wasn't demonstrated on the trailer at all.

Also Yamcha is a joke but you gotta remember he's a joke among UNIVERSE-LEVEL THREATS. Videl was a competent fighter on a human level, better than her dad, but the Z-Fighters are Overpowered Bullshit. I'd be up for a double Great Saiyaman/Saiyawoman character tho, that sounds fun and you can make up stuff for Videl. Also make Kid Chichi into Viewtiful Joe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like when mr satan beats up the puppy sniper

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
videl is stronger than her dad and her dad will probably end up in the game so who cares

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah power levels are literally not a factor in who's in versus not in, nappa is weaker than cui but one of them's in and one of them isnt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

videl is stronger than her dad and her dad will probably end up in the game so who cares

Yeah, but that's not the biggest issue with adding Videl, it's that she isn't an outright gag character like Satan and didn't have enough moments as a fighter to get an interesting moveset - especially in Super when she got the dreaded Wife Disease that 18 herself is just now overcoming. I don't think we'll see her in DBFZ any time soon.

also please stop talking about broly now that we have better broly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Yeah, but that's not the biggest issue with adding Videl, it's that she isn't an outright gag character like Satan and didn't have enough moments as a fighter to get an interesting moveset - especially in Super when she got the dreaded Wife Disease that 18 herself is just now overcoming. I don't think we'll see her in DBFZ any time soon.

just give her psylocke assist bam problem solved

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dias posted:

broly is 100% a better pick than a character people are only so excited about because they have lady parts + super saiyan hair

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

broly is 100% a better pick than a character people are only so excited about because they have lady parts + super saiyan hair

Kale is a real character with an actual arc, a cool fusion and good motivations. I'm sorry you hate woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
no lets put the big dude that only screams son goku because he CRIED TOO HARD AS A BABBY