Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Tomn: how big was the boat?

What color was the boat?

Sail or engine?

What really goes on on the poop deck?

Are you a spy for Asherah now?

What kind of fish did you eat?

Did you drink seawater?

Do fish have nipples?

Do your nipples smell like fish?

Welcome back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Tomn posted:

Or was it a donkey? Something something oranges.

Edit:

I'm just saying hello, tho, I don't intend to vote or debate or even catch up very much on what's happened.

Missed you, old...chum.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Tomn: how big was the boat?

What color was the boat?

Sail or engine?

What really goes on on the poop deck?

Are you a spy for Asherah now?

What kind of fish did you eat?

Did you drink seawater?

Do fish have nipples?

Do your nipples smell like fish?

Welcome back!

103 feet sparred length, 65 on deck, mainmast goes up to 75 feet. Draws 6 feet or so on a funky triple keel setup.

Blue and Chieftain Brown - or as we sometimes call it, baby poo poo brown. Don't bother looking it up, for some reason we specifically have to commission this particular shade of brown despite it being kinda naff.

Both - sailing when taking out passengers and when the wind was favorable during transits, engines when docking/undocking, getting out to a spot where the sailing was good, and for the vast majority of transits because it turns out relying on the wind to move does not jibe well with 21st century scheduling.

Well, now, the word "poop" actually comes from a French term which in turn comes from a Roman word meaning "Rear of the ship" but also "Idol," because in Roman ships there used to be a little shrine to the god(s) of the sea in the very aft end of the ship - and so after a bunch of permutations, we end up with the modern English "poop."

So you know the story I mentioned earlier about sea otters pissing aggressively at us? I went on to handle sea otter pelts on a regular basis (for educational purposes). Also I haven't seen it myself but I'm reliably informed that sea otters love to use mooring lines as toilet paper, which is a fun surprise for the sailors who have to cast off said mooring lines. I don't think I'm on the friendliest terms with the beasts of the sea is what I'm saying here.

We have fridges, fish was only occasionally on the menu. There was one time the chef of the other boat we sailed with managed to score some primo salmon steaks, though.

Not intentionally, but we did a few liferaft drills that probably involved a little seawater getting in.

Not to the best of my knowledge.

I can dish it out AND take it, don't you think I can't!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

What is the first prime number with at least 10^2333 digits?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Tomn posted:

103 feet sparred length, 65 on deck, mainmast goes up to 75 feet. Draws 6 feet or so on a funky triple keel setup.

Blue and Chieftain Brown - or as we sometimes call it, baby poo poo brown. Don't bother looking it up, for some reason we specifically have to commission this particular shade of brown despite it being kinda naff.

Both - sailing when taking out passengers and when the wind was favorable during transits, engines when docking/undocking, getting out to a spot where the sailing was good, and for the vast majority of transits because it turns out relying on the wind to move does not jibe well with 21st century scheduling.

Well, now, the word "poop" actually comes from a French term which in turn comes from a Roman word meaning "Rear of the ship" but also "Idol," because in Roman ships there used to be a little shrine to the god(s) of the sea in the very aft end of the ship - and so after a bunch of permutations, we end up with the modern English "poop."

So you know the story I mentioned earlier about sea otters pissing aggressively at us? I went on to handle sea otter pelts on a regular basis (for educational purposes). Also I haven't seen it myself but I'm reliably informed that sea otters love to use mooring lines as toilet paper, which is a fun surprise for the sailors who have to cast off said mooring lines. I don't think I'm on the friendliest terms with the beasts of the sea is what I'm saying here.

We have fridges, fish was only occasionally on the menu. There was one time the chef of the other boat we sailed with managed to score some primo salmon steaks, though.

Not intentionally, but we did a few liferaft drills that probably involved a little seawater getting in.

I can dish it out AND take it, don't you think I can't!

I think I need a cigarette.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

What is the first prime number with at least 10^2333 digits?

I have no idea, I'm not a Mighty Mathematician.

Limited narrator!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

I have no idea, I'm not a Mighty Mathematician.

Limited narrator!
...well played.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn, you should stop into the irc channel sometime. We managed to bridge it with discord for the heathens, so it's fairly active these days.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Also as an aside I'd just like to point out that with Mighty Men acting as rowers and a Blooded Bronze cap, a trireme could probably make a pretty big hole in Eyescream. Just putting that out there.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

Also as an aside I'd just like to point out that with Mighty Men acting as rowers and a Blooded Bronze cap, a trireme could probably make a pretty big hole in Eyescream. Just putting that out there.

No one tell him about the sandals from Zepa.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

THHHHHHHHOOOOOOOMMMMMMNNNN!!!

welcome home :)

Now stop playing coy, skip all the posts that aren't Diog, and get back here!

edit: LMAO you still have more posts than me, Thomn

User Posts
Diogines 14142
SerSpook 5781
Tsyni 5080
Task Manager 4434
Theglavwen 4352
the_steve 4314
There Bias Two 4084
Tomn 3795
FoxTerrier 3782

HiHo ChiRho 3184
Sogol 3182
Deadly Ham Sandwich 3126
Outrail 2845
Arkanomen 2768
Mr. Nemo 2687
Facebook Aunt 2469
Lanky Coconut Tree 2410
alpaca diseases 2169
Cornuto 2131
dyzzy 2070
Nyaa 2068
paragon1 1917
Ralith 1794
Basscop 1780
TheCog 1731
JT Jag 1709
Affi 1705
UppaTree 1704
Vavrek 1683
Slaan 1536
---

On a less fun note:

To everyone saying killing humans is 100% taboo....I'd like to point to some Melachim sanctioned human killing, at the shrine of Ashkalon. Granted, that was a really hosed up circumstance. But so is this.

People saying we can rescue them later, like the norcs won't slaughter or sacrifice them asap are lying to themselves as well :( This situation sucks, I'm sorry. Time to harden our hearts and make their ends as quick and painless as possible.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 5, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tomn posted:

Not coming back on a permanent basis because I kinda want to refresh myself on the entire thread (not just a summary) if I decide to get seriously involved here again since everything is so intertwined with each other and I don't know if I have time for that, I just wanted to say hi to the various old faces around.

So hi, hello, how are you all doing, how many times have you all gotten Enkidel killed so far?

You don't want to know.

Diogines posted:

Oh my god it's going to destroy him

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Diogines posted:

Sweet, confirmation on who left them to us!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Can we at least tell him who our Dad is? I mean, he's been waiting a long time for that one and it would take him a lot of reading to get there....

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm still top 10 holy gently caress

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm still top 10 holy gently caress

I feel like I post a stupid amount on this thread, so it blows my mind I'm not top 5.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

Can we at least tell him who our Dad is? I mean, he's been waiting a long time for that one and it would take him a lot of reading to get there....

It's obviously Ishamal, duh.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Tomn posted:

It's obviously Ishamal, duh.

I confirm nothing until you agree to join next years Secret Snuls. poo poo, I could probably slide you in this year if you wanted.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. E
2. P

Tell the people to go down fighting and they will climb the mountain. Say it with a straight face.

If they're lucky they will be captured so we can rescue them later.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

I confirm nothing until you agree to join next years Secret Snuls. poo poo, I could probably slide you in this year if you wanted.

I live on the other side of the world from most folks, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a good fit for secret Santa and I definitely wouldn't want to muck up whatever arrangements have already been made.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Tomn posted:

I live on the other side of the world from most folks, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a good fit for secret Santa and I definitely wouldn't want to muck up whatever arrangements have already been made.

Dude check a couple pages back, New Zealand was literally just represented

If you don't want in this year that is cool but if you do I have an idea on how to make it work. Either way your participation next year is mandatory! :)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FoxTerrier posted:

Dude check a couple pages back, New Zealand was literally just represented

If you don't want in this year that is cool but if you do I have an idea on how to make it work. Either way your participation next year is mandatory! :)

I like how we just assume this game will still be going in a year.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Diog, how quickly could we shoot all the hostages with our bow? Can we do it in a way that will make them easier to roast?

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Diog, how quickly could we shoot all the hostages with our bow? Can we do it in a way that will make them easier to roast?

That would really piss off Chait. Let's do it!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ah yes, Chait's unbeatable lose one son, lose the second free deal

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I don't want to be the one to point fingers around here, but it seems like Kabbah is asleep on the job.

Where is this dude?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TacoNight posted:

Sweet, confirmation on who left them to us!

At first I thought he meant Zepa's Sandal but this makes it all the more sweeter. Sandal time was excruciating.

KIND OF LIKE RIGHT NOW WHERE PEOPLE ARE DESPERATELY TRYING TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE WHO TUDIYA EXPLICITLY TOLD US WERE ALREADY DEAD AND GET OURSELVES AND OUR BEST FRIEND AND SON KILLED AND LET THE drat CITY FALL

*foams at the mouth and collapses on the floor shaking violently*

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Give them our Mercy!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What's the vote looking like for this one? I'm working a billion hours a day, but I feel like it would be nice to have some idea where we're at.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

2 days ago

"haha yeah if he objects throw him in the river"

Today

"We must save these people, regardless of the cost"

Wonder how he grew up to be the man he is?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Diogines posted:

Not only do they not know how to swim, they are members of an entire civilization who is tremendously terrified of water. Expect them drown in terror.

Who is seen as crazier? Zepathans that live a little closer to the sea or Accoans who live right beside a depthless lake?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

2 days ago

"haha yeah if he objects throw him in the river"

Today

"We must save these people, regardless of the cost"

Wonder how he grew up to be the man he is?

Not emptyquoting

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Man, It's just a huge bummer that this is happening, but the Bnaimokt are starting to turn towards the city. poo poo is hitting the fan in the most real way possible and if we don't hold those breaches everybody dies.

I wonder why the sudden move towards the city by the Bnaimokt though. They were very content to just sit and seige, maybe it has to do with the destruction of their seige machines? When we destroyed the slingapults they can't form more breaches without Gebek, and Gebek is clearly not willing or able to cross yet for some reason. Did our arrival basically trigger their 'we need to charge the city *now* or we lose' plans? They have to know that Zepathans can hold these breaches, assuming we don't have two of our heavy hitters get sidetracked trying to rescue lost causes.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Zodiac5000 posted:

Man, It's just a huge bummer that this is happening, but the Bnaimokt are starting to turn towards the city. poo poo is hitting the fan in the most real way possible and if we don't hold those breaches everybody dies.

I wonder why the sudden move towards the city by the Bnaimokt though. They were very content to just sit and seige, maybe it has to do with the destruction of their seige machines? When we destroyed the slingapults they can't form more breaches without Gebek, and Gebek is clearly not willing or able to cross yet for some reason. Did our arrival basically trigger their 'we need to charge the city *now* or we lose' plans? They have to know that Zepathans can hold these breaches, assuming we don't have two of our heavy hitters get sidetracked trying to rescue lost causes.

Theres your answer. The Asherankan is here with the Zepathans. We're hosed unless we can hit the temple and break the dominion/claim.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I imagine it's a Hail Mary to either get us or the temple, or both if possible, before their army gets properly wrecked by us.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

They've increased the sacrifice rate across the river so I figure this is a race to see if the Foe's ritual is completed first or if the Zepathans can wreck their army before said ritual is finished.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Zodiac5000 posted:

They blew horns and charged not when our group attacked the lines and destroyed the slingapults, but when Gebek detected us. Either they are vastly overestimating Enkidel's strength (we killed first and second and shot off huge artifact at oldemokt) and they are making a panicked push. Or, more likely this is not a siege. They are luring us out for capture with blood magic from south of the river.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Question for Diog: How close are the altars to the riverbank? If we were able to generate a large enough splash, could we wash them away?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

FoxTerrier posted:

I imagine it's a Hail Mary to either get us or the temple, or both if possible, before their army gets properly wrecked by us.

Hail Mary's don't seem like Bnaimokt style is my concern there.

TacoNight posted:

They blew horns and charged not when our group attacked the lines and destroyed the slingapults, but when Gebek detected us. Either they are vastly overestimating Enkidel's strength (we killed first and second and shot off huge artifact at oldemokt) and they are making a panicked push. Or, more likely this is not a siege. They are luring us out for capture with blood magic from south of the river.

This seems more likely, but if that's the case, honestly, why did they wait? I get that killing Enkidel is a priority, but I have to think turning Acco into mush is a bigger priority, because pulping the city under Gebek's heel ultimately gives them an even cleaner line directly at Kavodel and Zepath from the mountains. I have a hard time believing that they have a spell that takes three/four DAYS to cast. I wonder if they're maintaining an army buff on the Bnaimokt and the Anti-Magic Zone? They might have just enabled the army-buff when Enkidel showed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Throw 'em into the shallows. Tell them to get all muddy and lay still. Maybe the Bnaimokt will assume they're a bunch of muddy corpses that got squished by us throwing them into the shallow end of a lake.