Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jordan going heel is probably the only way to save this run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hopefully part of the heel run is him getting fed up with Kurt and saying he made up the whole being his son thing and we can just pretend it never happened

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
If Woken Matt and Bray are gonna be this good, I want to see a lot more of it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they really should just bail on the jordan thing. say that he pushed the lie himself and when the paternity test came in he switched out his blood with the person close to him he knew to be angle's real son - chad gable. bing bang boom

Clevername Lookhere
Jan 9, 2006
They've got a ways to go but I like the direction with Jordan now, rather than him being generic tryhard plucky goodguy who happens to be the GM's son. I feel like they've been planting the seeds for him being heel all along with this angle (although I hate to give the WWE too much credit on their long term thinking.) Even if they are just course correcting because everyone hated/nothing'ed Jordan, at least for once they're steering into it instead of forcing the opposite. I think whiny, entitled brat that gets on his dad's nerves and asks for more than he deserves is a good old fashioned hateable heel, helped by the fact that people already hate him as a result of this storyline. (Still, screw them for loving up AA.)

Ninja edit: Eventually saying that the paternity thing was faked would be a good thing and could serve well to further Jordan being a heel and/or shut the thing down if needed.

Speaking of forcing things, I think Roman "The Big Dog" Reigns is still a dick. I guess they're still trying to make people cheer him but man does he come across as a smarmy rear end in a top hat no matter what. He'd be such a great heel... unless the point is that (like Cena was/still is?) he already kind of is a heel to men, face to women/kids, and who gives a poo poo as long as he gets reactions.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

to rejuvenate his character, jason jordan should be given a magic sword.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that really sucks for rvd. i wonder if he tried to go back to wwe recently and failed the medicals.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Didn't RVD already have a reputation for stiffing people? That, combined with my knowledge of how Stan Hansen hit his lariats after going (mostly) blind, makes me think RVD shouldn't be wrestling at all.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he stiffed triple h which is pretty cool

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope RVD can find some natural medication for his eye problems

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Tweak posted:

hopefully part of the heel run is him getting fed up with Kurt and saying he made up the whole being his son thing and we can just pretend it never happened

also that

I feel like they're wasting good talent, he can do some pretty cool stuff like he did in that match against Reigns and having him act like a whiny loser all the time undermines that

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he stiffed triple h which is pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrip7wrlEU

Don't think it was intentional as he didn't get enough air since he was near the top of the chamber

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

why does wwe have rvd crushing triple h's larynx as a highlight video

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
woken matt hardy also increases the chances of my favorite wrestler making an appearance, hurricane helms

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

why does wwe have rvd crushing triple h's larynx as a highlight video

Because dot com hates HHH as much as everyone else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highlights from Sasha on Austin's podcast

Austin asked if she enjoys being a heel or face more by saying both. "I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I definitely prefer being a heel."
She highlighted that fans cheer heels and boo faces because they're so poorly written and bland, and the heels kick rear end.
To get herself TV ready, Sasha says a prayer, thinks about what happened to her last week, then puts herself in "The Baddest Bitch" mode because she knows no one cares about her full face character
Is slightly frustrated because they've teased her heel turn so many times and she's wondering "Is this ever going to happen?" but in the meantime, she's trying her best to make her face character work

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hey so i've started listening to the bryan and dave podcasts on youtube when i get bored, never really heard from those nerds before

my favorite recurring thing i've heard so far is when bryan talks about how dumb and bad he found the booking and decision making and dave goes "well it's not dumb and bad if you understand their thought process..." then he explains their thought process and bryan goes "yeah that's dumb and bad."

and dave just goes "eh, well" and they move on. that's good content.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Woken Matt Hardy is the #17th trending video on YouTube if that means anything

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

89 posted:

Woken Matt Hardy is the #17th trending video on YouTube if that means anything

Vince: "Give it to Roman! We'll call him Woken Weigns!"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Davros1 posted:

Vince: "Give it to Roman! We'll call him Woken Weigns!"

baleeted dat

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

baleeted dat

I too am excited for Homestar Reigns

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Throw him in the Lake of Regeneration and turn him back into Husky Harris.

You're the second person I've seen suggest this and I'm now very upset that they won't do it. (I'll be amazed if they even do any shooting at Matt's ranch)
Have him feud with Kane and turn him back into Isaac Yankem.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Have him feud with Kane and turn him back into Isaac Yankem.

Only after he reverses time through every single alignment and gimmick change that Kane has had.

Then reveal that this was all part of Kane's master plan to defeat the Undertaker. How do I post a 4 dimensional flow chart?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Oh man I'd watch WWE every single week and every single PPV if Woken Matt's gimmick was beating guys and sending them back to previous gimmicks.

He beats HHH (lol) and he becomes the Blue Blood gimmick

He beats Cena (lol) he goes to the rapper persona

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Looks like Kevin Owens got hacked again

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/938146114032693248

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

John Dudebro posted:

I too am excited for Homestar Reigns

Obviously that guy from shield_with_shield_cosplay.jpg is Homsar Reigns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It took record time for Shin to be Just Another Guy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Drew Gulak is good

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

It took record time for Shin to be Just Another Guy
Shin is still a better nickname than Swagsuke at least

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph09_eTXcPw

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rusev is the best, how is that beautiful man supposed to be a heel? :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/938256155683549185

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

who is that

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

happy birthday owen owens

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i thought no one liked enzo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

a.lo posted:

i thought no one liked enzo

enzo's doing vinestar four horsemen and i'm kinda into it a lot.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rhonne posted:

Rusev is the best, how is that beautiful man supposed to be a heel? :allears:

Rusev is the anti-Reigns.

A charming, personable, beautiful man who people love, but because of one arbitrary fact, (he's foreign), we are supposed to hate him. And Vince gets mor eand more irate when we don't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
- Rusev has gotta be turning face, right? Heels always discourage fans chanting for them, Rusev and Aiden actively played it up. Please turn them face please please please.
- Why is Randy Orton going for a roll-up victory if the story is that he's pissed off at Sami and Kevin for screwing SmackDown or whatever. Wouldn't Randy's character want to beat the piss out of Zayn every chance he gets? Taking a roll-up victory and then turning his back on Owens when he knows he's twenty feet away makes him look like a freakin' moron.
- I don't mind Nakamura and Orton being buddies, I really don't, but I wish they'd do something cool with it. Do a segment that shows they actually like each other. Let Orton do the spazzy hand gestures during Nakamura's entrance. Let them Release The Doves together. Do something. Don't just have them be "Shane McMahon's attack dog" and "Shane McMahon's attack dog's partner and guy who eats the pin".
- Stop me if you've heard this one before: Daniel Bryan stands in front of a TV, a bunch of women stand on either side of him and talk at him for a while, they all whine about wanting title shots or whatever, some kind of clusterfuck match involving all of them is made, Bryan is exasperated. Road Dogg is a hack.
- How the gently caress does Shane have the authority to fire Owens and Zayn from ALL OF WWE? If he went to Vince, then wouldn't it be in Stephanie and Regal's interests to immediately go to Vince and get him to change his mind, so they can snap up Zayn or Owens if they get fired? Especially since they did a segment where Stephanie showed a vested interest in getting Owens and Zayn back on Raw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish Shane McMahon would go away forever

• Locked thread