Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

i don't autistically lookup emoticon origins, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i think the pause button is fine and it's just the volume slider isn't at center

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i think the pause button is fine and it's just the volume slider isn't at center

??

the grey circle is off-centre from the two vertical bars

how can you not see that?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The Management posted:

if you didn't watch Star trek as a kid do not try watching as an adult. it's really awful.

drink a bunch of cough syrup first and it is probably fine

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

??

the grey circle is off-centre from the two vertical bars

how can you not see that?

oh lol how did i miss that

good thing i don't work in user interface design :sweatdrop:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
booted up my 6-year old iphone 4 last night. it is like a tiny baby phone and is very cute.

still works fine. praise stebe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

oh lol how did i miss that

good thing i don't work in user interface design :sweatdrop:

tbf, it's not a persistent element, it only appears when you tap, so normally you wouldn't notice it unless you took a screenshot right as you tapped

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

tbf, it's not a persistent element, it only appears when you tap, so normally you wouldn't notice it unless you took a screenshot right as you tapped

maybe the hit boxes are slightly to one side because most phone users are right handed and actually tap slightly to one side?

i can't think of another explanation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can, apple doesn't give a gently caress

just verified on my iphone se w/11.2, they lined up the edge of the pause element with the edge of the play element

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

maybe the hit boxes are slightly to one side because most phone users are right handed and actually tap slightly to one side?

i can't think of another explanation

nah, it's consistent, but looking at it, here's what happened:

the circle is in the same place when both displaying the play button and the pause button. it's aligned on the play button in such a way that *looks* centered but actually isn't (triangles are weird like this), while the *actual* center of the play button and pause button are aligned, so the pause button is misaligned with the play button

e: beaten

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

the circle is in the same place when both displaying the play button and the pause button. it's aligned on the play button in such a way that *looks* centered but actually isn't (triangles are weird like this), while the *actual* center of the play button and pause button are aligned, so the pause button is misaligned with the play button

yes, it's this. if the pause was aligned in the center it would look like it's jumping to the side when you transition from play to pause and back

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

riker, the face of the :wtc: smiley, is a character in a television show called star trek: the next generation. in an episode of that tv show, the character riker does the things dixie cretin seamen referenced in his post, except the place is called risa, rather than riga.

the humour being that cinci didn't get the reference, but still managed to respond using the appropriate image

thankyou for the info

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress I can't unsee it now and it's loving annoying

like the Fedex Arrow

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got an anroid finally a couple weeks ago when my dumbphone broke

it's very needs suiting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/7hggjp/faceid_cant_recognize_my_eyes_lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stymie was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I just woke up in a sweat when I remembered I gave permission to this company to hold all my passwords in a keychain

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I just woke up in a sweat when I remembered I gave permission to this company to hold all my passwords in a keychain

why would you do such a thing?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ted hitler posted:

iOS has over 50% market share in Sweden.

Apple pay now works with Nordea, one of the big banks in Sweden. It also works with MasterCards offered by ST1, a gas station chain. Anyone can get a ST1 MasterCard that has apple pay support now. Works at all stores with contactless payment support which is most stores.

What verb did the banks in Sweden decide to use for paying with a contactless card?

Blip or "blippa"
verb
6. give (someone) money using wireless technology.

Blip bloop bloop blip.

you have me backwards

I meant East Africa and Scandinavia had popular pay-by-phone mechanisms before Apple Pay, so Apple Pay wasn’t the first success in some countries

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

booted up my 6-year old iphone 4 last night. it is like a tiny baby phone and is very cute.

still works fine. praise stebe

Iphone 4 is 7 years old

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Millstone posted:

Iphone 4 is 7 years old

he couldve bought it 6 years ago

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tvos 11.2 is out with the correct settings for hdr and framerate [default is still "be stupid so your screen doesn't slightly flash" though], the appletv 4k is officially good now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

qirex posted:

tvos 11.2 is out with the correct settings for hdr and framerate [default is still "be stupid so your screen doesn't slightly flash" though], the appletv 4k is officially good now

its still lacking in the audio department but that's a good start

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

its still lacking in the audio department but that's a good start

lol if you actually have an atmos install buy better lcr and more subs first

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

qirex posted:

lol if you actually have an atmos install buy better lcr and more subs first

i dont give a poo poo about atmos, but i do care about dts-hd/truehd which it cant bitstream for some dumb reason.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
ios 11.2 fixed the calculator input lag bug. thanks a lot timb

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
finally we have the hardware to have a calculator in the palm of your hand. magical.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mad Wack posted:

finally we have the hardware to have a calculator in the palm of your hand. magical.

Appol does it again

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

i dont give a poo poo about atmos, but i do care about dts-hd/truehd which it cant bitstream for some dumb reason.
buy a receiver from this decade and you won't have to bitstream? if you're using arc many tvs only support a signal that could also go out over the optical port as well which rules out lossless surround

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol I only have two ears

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

human ears can't hear at more than 24 fps anyway

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I recently upgraded my home theater and went for stereo instea dof surround and it's great

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i have a soundbar does that need bitstream

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

i have a soundbar does that need bitstream
no worries, it will sound bad no matter what signal you feed it

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
got my iPhone X today... it’s really good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it looks like a trash tier android design

like, something samsung would have shat out three years ago with 50 other indistinct models

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I'm holding off on a new phone until the next SE comes out, but in my heart of hearts I know they're going to remove the headphone jack :smith:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Flyndre posted:

got my iPhone X today... it’s really good

I strongly disagree

sent from my iPhone X

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Matinee posted:

I'm holding off on a new phone until the next SE comes out, but in my heart of hearts I know they're going to remove the headphone jack :smith:

use the fantastic savings from buying the SE to get yourself some air pods my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

finally played with a iphone x demo unit at a store a little bit and it's nice I guess but I just can't bring myself to be excited about a phone at all

Matinee posted:

yeah ever since I replaced the battery in my 5S it hasn't quite been together properly and i can kind of squish the top of the screen down a little bit and it makes a little clicking sound but i feel like at this point I should just wait for the mythical SE refresh

Linguica fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 5, 2017