Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Peachfart posted:

King sized blankets are good because women are blanket thieves.

This is the real answer. I bought a Queen size, and pretty much never get to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My wife could spend all night stealing my Queen Size blanket and I’d still have some to spare by dawn.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

King sized blankets are good because they are square rather than rectangular. There is no wrong way to get under a king size blanket.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I ordered a sherpa throw and Costco cancelled my order because they ran out. Come on Costco I'm freezing here. <:mad:>

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Peachfart posted:

wisdom

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

The Midniter posted:

Unbeknownst to me, my membership expired 11/30 and I stopped to get some gas on my way home from work on 12/1. Wouldn't you know it, they actually allow you to get gas one time after your membership expires so you don't feel like an idiot and have to waste time going in to renew your membership before you fill your tank. Stopped in yesterday to do some shopping and renewed my membership to the faith. PBUC.

It’s little things like this which show someone is actually thinking out the customer shopping experience at Costco. Like I can just imagine some angry, underpaid drone at Sam’s Club being like “AHM SARRY SIR, BUT YOU GOTTA GO IN AND RENEW FIRST, NOTHIN I CAN DO!”, while the friendly gas attendant at Costco who makes ~40k/yr and has benefits is like “oh gee, go ahead, happens to a lot of people.”

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I let my renewal lapse for almost 6 months but was still able to order things online. PBUC.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

MY GIRLFRIEND and I named our grey king size Sherpa 'Babar' on account of it being the size of an elephant. Can confirm it is a powerful aphrodisiac.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bloodysabbath posted:

It’s little things like this which show someone is actually thinking out the customer shopping experience at Costco. Like I can just imagine some angry, underpaid drone at Sam’s Club being like “AHM SARRY SIR, BUT YOU GOTTA GO IN AND RENEW FIRST, NOTHIN I CAN DO!”, while the friendly gas attendant at Costco who makes ~40k/yr and has benefits is like “oh gee, go ahead, happens to a lot of people.”

I went there when I moved into my new house and I had to pick up some big ticket items like a TV and poo poo. My credit limit on my credit card (I think $1,000) was short by about $4. I had everything picked out and loaded up on the pallet carts and it was almost closing time and I was getting upset.

Then they suggested that I got their credit card. I applied right then and there and I got my card in under an hour. Turns out it's the best credit card that exists. I think someone did the math on it earlier in the thread.

Basically. PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? I’ve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito that’s almost entirely tortilla?

Yeah, the King I bought really is just way too big, and I'm a 6'0 tall guy. So it's getting moved to the entertainment room where it's big enough to cuddle with a lady underneath it, and I'll get a Queen for the family room where the King currently resides.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Peachfart posted:

We have a king but had a serious discussion about getting two queens instead

Those blankets are no joke

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my gf is a dirty blanket thief who likes to leave me cold and uncovered

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
careful with the king size and agitating washers, mine tore up the first one i got. I was smarter the second time around. PBUC returns

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
woke up last night cold, had a pretty strong draft from the santa ana winds around 5am. a sherpa will be acquired this week.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

What does PBUC mean???

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Search within yourself and you will know the truth in your heart

PBUC

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

In a rare misstep, the Lord has stocked the worst tasting chicken teriyaki bowls in the universe. I was wrong to stray from the shoyu ramen.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kiranamos posted:

In a rare misstep, the Lord has stocked the worst tasting chicken teriyaki bowls in the universe. I was wrong to stray from the shoyu ramen.

if im thinking of the right ones they have a ton of sugar in them

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Slotducks posted:

What does PBUC mean???

Plentiful Bukakke Upon Cthulu, These guys are really weird...

vvvv- Don't listen to him he is obviously deranged.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Slotducks posted:

What does PBUC mean???

Praise Be Unto Costco

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My local Costco still doesn’t have sauerkraut for their dogs, so today I trekked off-island to the next nearest one (also because that one has a gas station).

They don’t have sauerkraut, either.

Is there a sauerkraut shortage?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
They probably just have local distribution dude

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinking bout that dog + refill I’m gonna tithe for tonight. I’ve strayed lately, it’s time to return to the fold. Wash my feet and face in the holy Kirkland waters.

P B U C
B
U
C

naem
May 29, 2011

Slotducks posted:

What does PBUC mean???

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thinking bout that dog + refill I’m gonna tithe for tonight. I’ve strayed lately, it’s time to return to the fold. Wash my feet and face in the holy Kirkland waters.

P B U C
B
U
C

You're making your pilgrimage to the mother warehouse and will be baptized in the waters of Lake Washington?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Phylodox posted:

I trekked off-island...(also because that one has a gas station).

Wait you went to another island? To get gas? For a boat I hope.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Trastion posted:

Could also be Puget Sound, and just hopped on a quick ferry.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trastion posted:

I went to the mainland. In my car. Over a bridge.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Costco sells these amazing frozen pucks of French Onion soup that melt in your microwave and have cheese and croutons and are just about as good as you could hope for FO to be outside of a fancy restaurant. Add a touch of salt and pepper, Combine with a bit of bread from a BAGUETTE TWO PACK, and PBUC.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

Costco sells these amazing frozen pucks of French Onion soup that melt in your microwave and have cheese and croutons and are just about as good as you could hope for FO to be outside of a fancy restaurant. Add a touch of salt and pepper, Combine with a bit of bread from a BAGUETTE TWO PACK, and PBUC.

wtf

super pissed I've never seen this at any of my local costcos :argh:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Slotducks posted:

What does PBUC mean???

in islam, PBUH is written after mohammed and jesus' name (and probably other prophets). it means "peace be upon him".

costco is so great that we praise its name. peace be upon costco.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Phylodox posted:

My local Costco still doesn’t have sauerkraut for their dogs, so today I trekked off-island to the next nearest one (also because that one has a gas station).

They don’t have sauerkraut, either.

Is there a sauerkraut shortage?

Are you asking? It is kept safe behind he counter for true believers. Thou must inquire.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheManWithNoName posted:

Are you asking? It is kept safe behind he counter for true believers. Thou must inquire.

Of course. Every time. It’s always “We have only onions and peppers”. Except for the time before last, when they didn’t even have onions. Just peppers.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_be_upon_him

Except with Costco instead of prophets.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

$100 haul: two bottles of wine and $30 worth of whiskey, otherwise all cheap stuff

However... the new frozen burritos suck rear end!! Bland, no flavor at all. I loved the old ones, and I hope they bring them back!

Oh, and those black bean veggies burgers are loving amazing, I can recommend them to anyone.

What's the price on a bottle of liquor at costco?

VA doesn't have liquor in supermarkets, gotta go to the ABC. ABC stores don't seem expensive but it's hard to judge since they're state owned and there's no competition.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Friends, lovers, congregation. I have Good news! The Kirkland bed sheets are an inspiration, a new blessing upon me bestowed by the ‘stco itself.

I worried I would blaspheme upon good taste but I added a ultimate Sherpa throw on top of the perfection of the sheets.

I think perhaps I have sinned the sin of Sloth for I shan’t move again before my death... PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Noslo posted:

VA doesn't have liquor in supermarkets, gotta go to the ABC. ABC stores don't seem expensive but it's hard to judge since they're state owned and there's no competition.

Depends on what you get. I've seen bottles at retail price to up to $20 less than a competing liquor store.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

REPORT: Brazilian cheesy bread from frozen section is loving amazing. Get it now. Pairs well with a nice flank steak.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Noslo posted:

VA's pricing is pretty decent (as a transplant from a normal liquor store state). You can drive to Kentucky if the mood strikes you I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

A co-worker gave me one of these French onion soup pucks over a year ago, just in the plastic wrap it came in, and I promptly forgot about it in my freezer. After Hurricane Irma, I was going through our fridge and freezer, taking stock of what was still edible, since we lost power for about 24 hours (and were luckier than most in that regard). I found it, still frozen solid, so I microwaved it. Perfection. I only wish I had saved it for any cool weather that may be forthcoming, so I might pick up more of those.