Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I don't know how fast the weapon mods rotate in Banshee's stock, but kinetic weapon mods are available right now. I'm glad he is the first person I talked to in the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

maniacripper posted:

Coldheart is the other, you use pulse rifles or auto rifles to upgrade them, I forget which maybe both actually?

What the best thing to get into if I'm sitting at 283 ilvl and just logged in with the expansion?

trouble :c00l:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

maniacripper posted:

Coldheart is the other, you use pulse rifles or auto rifles to upgrade them, I forget which maybe both actually?

What the best thing to get into if I'm sitting at 283 ilvl and just logged in with the expansion?

Can you obtain coldheart from engrams, or was it pre-order bonus only?

I would assume the new story missions is where you'd want to go first / getting to the 25 cap?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cowcaster posted:

ok, sounds like pretty much the reason i use nezarec's paired with a void damage energy and power weapon in both slots. guess i'll keep rolling with that!

Karnstein is great for hectic, ad-heavy sections and for stormcallers for the mini-devour effect, but Nezarec's is faster for cooldowns, and with devour proccing on every kill you get the same effect.

Keep rolling Nezarec's, man. It still owns bones.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Can you obtain coldheart from engrams, or was it pre-order bonus only?

I would assume the new story missions is where you'd want to go first / getting to the 25 cap?

You can pull it out of engrams, and autos are used to infuse it up.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
My warlock's bond can now accept (void) grenade cooldown mods, allowing me to stack 3!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Someone post a picture of this Positive Outlook gun so we can get to the pozzing jokes

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

What's this about Telesto being back?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Prometheus Lens seems like the best standalone grunt killing weapon in the game but it burns through ammo like hell (appropriately). Every kill takes like 5-10 ammo and reloads ~20 into the clip so you never need to reload if there are trash mobs around. Also they sort of self-immolate on death which is nice.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
While I really hope I'm proven wrong, Scout Rifle nerf will probably err on the side of telling people on both sides "Everything is fine, just Git Gud :smug:" while MIDA still reigns and High impact scouts still get poo poo on.

MIDA had 100 aim assist stat (and my buddy the Skyburner had 80). Nameless Midnight of course was the runner up for Kinetics 62 assis, while the Manananrama had 72, making the explosive guns the most aimassisty this side of exotics. Meanwhile High Impact scouts got assist stats in the 30s ranges,

So if that's implemented simply as stated, lowring of aim assist at longer rangers. PvP will still be allow for comfortable MIDA standoffs, while the scout rifles will be kind of extra hosed against PvE enemies taking potshots at you which are why you brought a scout rifle in the first place over a hand cannon.

Aim assist nerfs you won't really see hurt the MIDA would still screw over most Scouts for PvE for doing their supposed job. While any amount of aim assist slashing that would seriously effect PVP, would REALLY gently caress over PvE scout mans. Or I guess you can pick up a long range scope scout and make it useless for half the combat from the other direction :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 5, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
:siren: I just got selfie from the free bright engram :siren:

treizebee fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 5, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know if you're thinking of consoles specifically but aim assist in regards to pve on the PC seems like a moot point since AI enemies move incredibly predictably, or slowly, or basically not at all while they're being shot so it's very easy to cap domes (and/or tummies in the case of the vex), no aim assist really required

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Coming from Overwatch I 100% attribute my near constant stream of flick headshots to some combination of aim assist, hitbox, projectile size, and predictable movement.

I'm in for a rude awakening when I finally go back into a competitive fps.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

:siren: I just got selfie from the free bright engram :siren:

kudos on that rocking color scheme my man

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know if you're thinking of consoles specifically but aim assist in regards to pve on the PC seems like a moot point since AI enemies move incredibly predictably, or slowly, or basically not at all while they're being shot so it's very easy to cap domes (and/or tummies in the case of the vex), no aim assist really required
Well yeah, for anything that isn't "please bring a scout rifle to avoid falloff" rangers. When you're getting shot at, you'd like to hit skull with your scout on the first two tries rather than "Whoops, only hit that distant psion in the chest so he isn't quite dead-ooooh he killed a teammate."

Or rolling your eyes as your high impact scout rifle with one of the highest range stats in the game like the Frontier Justice can't quite finish off explosive drones in the exodus black strike mission in three shots even though those are super easy targets. "okay, fine. I'll two-shot them from across the room with my Skyburner handcannon. Sure glad scouts are so fairly treated when they aren't named MIDA or Midnight."

Obviously this being a console shooter played with KB+M has given my middling aim a huge leg up. But scouts that are not the meta darlings don't let me nail headshots while strafing five feet past someone's skull like a handcannon at twice it's optimal range to double tap an enemy that needs three shots to kill in a scout's optimal scope range. Being told "Just aim better!" is cold comfort when even consistently hitting your shots can end up pretty lackluster as it is with most scouts.

EDIT: What part of "I'm talking about the impact an intended PvP/MIDA nerf will have on PvE/Not MIDA", seems to be going over heads? (This was a rather poor response to SMG chat, I'll admit)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 5, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have never really had that issue ever but except for maybe submachineguns in pvp i never fire from the hip only iron sights, which i think you're supposed to do a lot in this game, so that's on me.

edit: what i will say, and have said before, i have a lot of issues with guns having really misaligned sights in the first place so you need to relearn where your bullets are landing

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 5, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

kudos on that rocking color scheme my man

I just need that sticker bombed exotic weapon ornament!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z posted:

EDIT: What part of "I'm talking about the impact an intended PvP/MIDA nerf will have on PvE/Not MIDA", seems to be going over heads?

I don't think it's going over my head at all? I'm saying that PvP/MIDA nerfs will have a very minimal impact on PvE/Not Mida, because autoaim is less impactful in PvE than it is in PvP in the first place

edit: come to think of it technically my opinion on that applies regardless of whether you're using a gamepad or kb+m

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 5, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Jack B Nimble posted:

Coming from Overwatch I 100% attribute my near constant stream of flick headshots to some combination of aim assist, hitbox, projectile size, and predictable movement.

I'm in for a rude awakening when I finally go back into a competitive fps.

This game makes you feel reeeeeeal good at clicking heads

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Jeza posted:

Got a new Trace Rifle:

Looks cool. The crystal spins. Gonna try it out ASAP.

Can you imagine the bungie meeting for that one "ok what if we took the coldheart...but made it red"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

I just need that sticker bombed exotic weapon ornament!

i need both this gun, and this ornament

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I like that they brought back the original D1 jumpship as an exotic.

Has a Cowboy Bebop-ish aesthetic I really dig.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how do you use the forge? i finished the story.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I have to work late tonight but I thought ahead and left my computer running with the battle.net client running this morning.

Hopefully it's all patched and ready for me to click PLAY.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Reading you jerks gabber on about this game makes me want it even though it's not on sale.

Stop getting hyped! :arghfist::shepspends:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Morter posted:

Reading you jerks gabber on about this game makes me want it even though it's not on sale.

Stop getting hyped! :arghfist::shepspends:

I bought in when it was on sale last week :smuggo:
Gonna end up paying full price for the Expansion Pass, though, so it's a wash.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

has anyone mentioned the new dance emote is the time warp from rocky horror picture show

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

has anyone mentioned the new dance emote is the time warp from rocky horror picture show

What I really like is how every emote in season 2 is amazing. You won't be disappointed even if you one of the blue ones.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

deadly_pudding posted:

I bought in when it was on sale last week :smuggo:
Gonna end up paying full price for the Expansion Pass, though, so it's a wash.

Does the expansion impact non-max-level gameplay?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

treizebee posted:

What I really like is how every emote in season 2 is amazing. You won't be disappointed even if you one of the blue ones.

Yeah, I got Call Me and if I didn't have the table flip, I'd be using it.

Definitely saving my dust for Mic Drop. It'll be so good in Crucible after big multi kills and poo poo.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Cowcaster posted:

Haha, was wondering why the flavor text was about Vex.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
How bad is the new story content?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

How bad is the new story content?

Somewhere between a Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode and a Naruto filler episode.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The story content isn't any worse or better than the main game.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
How is the new fighting lion

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

1stGear posted:

The story content isn't any worse or better than the main game.

But is there a 50 story tall cum monster at the end of Curse of Osiris?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Jeza posted:

Prometheus Lens seems like the best standalone grunt killing weapon in the game but it burns through ammo like hell (appropriately). Every kill takes like 5-10 ammo and reloads ~20 into the clip so you never need to reload if there are trash mobs around. Also they sort of self-immolate on death which is nice.

And it's loving nuts in PvP.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

poemdexter posted:

But is there a 50 story tall cum monster at the end of Curse of Osiris?

Do you see me, traveler?? Yes, now don't look away.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Where can I go to see the new items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Had no luck getting Curtain Call or Sins of the Past, but it turns out there's another cluster launcher in Osiris :toot:

• Locked thread