Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It's part of a new partnership. In addition to interviews and popups they also let you check the weather on the Star Citizen moons inside the app.

I'm sure MyRadar is spamming it's 10,000,000 users with Star Citizen propaganda for free and showing you the weather on fictional Star Citizen locations for free though.

This actually sounds like a really neat thing to do.

You know, for a game that actually exists....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I was thinking of space irish miles o'brien of star trek and got very confused.

I remember BC3000AD from back in the day and the forums there were a quite similar kind of insanity, just with Derek Smart being often very angry and banning people for not playing his space vision right. (translation: encountering bugs) I often got the impression that there are tons of people who don't want to be the space-savior god-commander of the universe but just want to have some kind of alternative reality in a video game where they can be the space janitor and maybe sort of hook up with the hot alien receptionist from deck 3. Like some sort of really boring escapism from a terrible life where probably nothing goes right. Every few years I think about this is I ask why game companies somehow don't get this. The sims series is one of the most best selling games and couldn't even be destroyed by EA, and that's a game where you have to watch that you eat enough and pee at the right times. If that and this hot mess doesn't tell the game companies something I don't know what does

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Fartbox posted:

How the gently caress can you tell? His face is just a fat round mess full of beard

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I mean it's difficult to imagine he'd look WORSE if he lost a couple hundo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That pic is like half the man he is right now, maybe even a third.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

please correct me if i'm wrong but that guy is really lolworthy not just because he looks like he has seven or eight people inside of him russian-nesting-style until you find one at the center that's a bit short but otherwise normal-sized but also because he's total garbage with a sexual interest in children and one specific news anchor lady whose pictures he hoarded for years in an enormous online archive

seriously am i thinking of someone else i only check SC threads when they wander into GBS every year or so

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no, you pretty much got the whole story.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

curious amount of comorbidity with being a degenerate sex weird and owning spaceship jpegs

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Hes also racist as hell.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
And nobody had to hunt that poo poo down creepy like, he loving linked all that poo poo and bragged about it publicly.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The only thing sadder than buying imaginary video game land is buying imaginary video game land in an imaginary game. NO! An imaginary *space* game!

Also why hasn't a goon catfished Ben or Sandy yet?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

no, you pretty much got the whole story.

The explanations are that he was screenshotting every second of her news reports to form thousands of pictures of her talking sequentially as a harmless joke.

He also unfortunately tried to be edgy and funny when he was younger, in this case 26 years old, when he specifically called out black people in his racist jokes over and over and over and over and talked about loving anime children repeatedly.

Just a harmless joke site guys, who didn't say dumb poo poo and spend hundreds of hours cataloging thousands of screenshots of women while pushing 30 when they were younger?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Pretty much everyone involved running the SC trashfire is somehow worse than Bobby Kotik, amazingly.
Goddamn gently caress that Fuzzy Modem rear end in a top hat, Im not surprised hes a pedo. You might be amazed at how many loving filthy broken perverts live in Alaska.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

Goddamn gently caress that Fuzzy Modem rear end in a top hat, Im not surprised hes a pedo. You might be amazed at how many loving filthy broken perverts live in Alaska.

but you would be much less surprised at how many filthy broken perverts live in the 'verse

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big nipples big life posted:

but you would be much less surprised at how many filthy broken perverts live in the 'verse

can't be full of pedophiles if it doesn't exist

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nope, no I wouldnt.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Vent the air out of the cargo hold so you can't be charged with running a child brothel only with transporting corpses.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

The explanations are that he was screenshotting every second of her news reports to form thousands of pictures of her talking sequentially as a harmless joke.

I need to see this, for some reason.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Police Automaton posted:

I need to see this, for some reason.

I'm sure someone had archived the site but there were way more of them. You can see some parts of it are like a serial killer's flip book.

Its funny because you have no idea what would possess someone to do this much less why he thought he needed five screenshots in a row of her looking at her co-anchor. Like what in his brain made him say "Yes. This is what I need." five times in a row to someone turning their head or looking down at a paper.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 5, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm sure someone had archived the site but there were way more of them. You can see some parts of it are like a serial killer's flip book.

Its funny because you have no idea what would possess someone to do this much less why he thought he needed five screenshots in a row of her looking at her co-anchor. Like what in his brain made him say "Yes. This is what I need." five times in a row to someone turning their head or looking down at a paper.

When I worked for a local news station we had a few guys on the bulletin board with "don't let this guy in the building" because they stalked the female achors.

I mean for me, if I am gonna fixate insanely on a female celeb I'm gonna swing for the fences with a movie star like Hinkley did, not some talking head in the #80 north american TV market but these guys hearts wanted what they wanted.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Moooom you didn't record the local news for me!

His bedroom pictures were goony as gently caress and he had framed pictures as part of this "joke"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

NihilismNow posted:

Vent the air out of the cargo hold so you can't be charged with running a child brothel only with transporting corpses.

I was trying to teach these men about respecting corpses

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*holds up a picture of a spaceship scrawled on coarse bathroom tissue*

This is the Harbinger XR-99. It's got twin mounted medium pulse lasers, and a phased ion drive for quick acceleration. You can pre-order it now for three pouches of mack, a honeybun, and a stamp book.

Yeah the Mom definitely was clearly derelict here. I mean was he even a family member? How did she know this guy she was sending her child to live with?

well i knew fuzzy modem from another forum several years ago, so, here's my take on it (without following the court case). as an aside, that forum now deletes any post mentioning this part of fuzzy's life.

FM was married at some point and had a daughter. afaik, they got divorced somewhat recently. unless it says otherwise, that's my thought who the 'mother' is.

FM was always an incredibly strange dude. i am not in any way surprised that he was sentenced for something like this.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I hope after this fiasco, he can find the time and energy to improve himself, he's not a bad looking dude under there. With 200lbs less he'd probably be a hottie.

If you're reading this, steal some of the videogame money and hire a personal trainer.

Nah. gently caress him.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Oh boy.

Well it's not even only that, also the need to somehow share this with the entire world. Just why? Why don't hide that stuff somewhere in your System32 folder like normal people.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I mean for me, if I am gonna fixate insanely on a female celeb I'm gonna swing for the fences with a movie star like Hinkley did, not some talking head in the #80 north american TV market but these guys hearts wanted what they wanted.

News anchors are good-looking and always friendly in front of the camera, if you are incredibly lonely and have a touch of the 'tism that's probably enough to win your heart. Also them being so low on the totem pole of celebrity might make them seem more "accessible" for those weirdos.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsscaDgdG8

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Your Battle Buddy posted:

did someone post where that one really weird dude posted that he hoped Star Citizen would develop a universal real time voice translator so people across the world could play together regardless of language? That's always been one of my favorite ~citizen dreams~

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Yess btak! Thank you.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Star Trek universal translators would be a much better use of hundreds of millions but good luck crowdsourcing it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is it like that Jake Gyllenhaal movie where he played an obsessed pervert with the tism who stalked that news lady ?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

Pretty much everyone involved running the SC trashfire is somehow worse than Bobby Kotik, amazingly.

Ben and Shaun are also both goons.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Feature creep is extending Star Citizen into a VOIP communications company. How would it work? Would it be one party line where people from 216 countries end up talking over each other? Or could only pedos join the network?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I assume Boberts said yes?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Whelp this thread has gone from me laughing at delusional people to making me want to puke.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Applewhite posted:

Whelp this thread has gone from me laughing at delusional people to making me want to puke.

goddamn, Applewhite, seems like you haven't been around for ages! wb :cheers:

also, the secret is it can be both really really funny and also horrifying to the point of nausea at the same time

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

food court bailiff posted:

also, the secret is it can be both really really funny and also horrifying to the point of nausea at the same time

there has to be a german word for that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

food court bailiff posted:

Thx. I've been on a hiatus not only from SA but from the entire internet for basically the past year (with occasional pop-ins). It's been very theraputic.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Stay safe out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

well i knew fuzzy modem from another forum several years ago, so, here's my take on it (without following the court case). as an aside, that forum now deletes any post mentioning this part of fuzzy's life.

FM was married at some point and had a daughter. afaik, they got divorced somewhat recently. unless it says otherwise, that's my thought who the 'mother' is.

FM was always an incredibly strange dude. i am not in any way surprised that he was sentenced for something like this.

More deets? What made you think he was strange?

And how did this guy get married?