Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The best part was Leon's omg-type "whoooo!" in the background when Larry told the couple there were two beds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big trivia FAIL posted:

The best part was Leon's omg-type "whoooo!" in the background when Larry told the couple there were two beds.

I loved how quickly Leon was on to their poo poo. He didn't trust them for a second

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

"You did accidentally kill my family!" was the best.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

McDragon posted:

"You did accidentally kill my family!" was the best.

That was great since it was such a terrible thing Larry did and the show pretty much moved on and acted like it didn’t happen until that moment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was great since it was such a terrible thing Larry did and the show pretty much moved on and acted like it didn’t happen until that moment.

I think that scene at dinner with Marty yelling at Larry and then immediately moving on encapsulated everybody's relationship with Larry

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was it really that terrible? What did Larry do besides arrange for a prostitute to visit his sexually-frustrated nephew? No one could have predicted the nephew becoming obsessed with her, running off to Spain for some reason, and getting trampled to death by bulls. You can't expect L-vid to take the blame for all that, especially when Funkhouser was okay with the prostitute in the first place.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Larry Longballs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ungratek posted:

Larry Longballs

Honestly the whole concept of long balls makes me laugh more than anything else this show has ever done

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

For some reason I decided to see what Sepinwall thought of the season, since I used to read his criticism pretty regularly, and it looks like he hated it. He seems to have preferred having Cheryl around to take everyone's side against Larry, while I totally disagree and think the divorce rejuvenated the show in its later seasons since Larry had more freedom to end up in awkward social situations without the hacky sitcom nagging wife character being a wet blanket every five minutes. I do agree with him that the show didn't really seem to go anywhere with some of the plot elements, like Cheryl and Ted, but if it does come back for season 10 I'm sure we'll revisit some things.

Phenotype posted:

Was it really that terrible? What did Larry do besides arrange for a prostitute to visit his sexually-frustrated nephew? No one could have predicted the nephew becoming obsessed with her, running off to Spain for some reason, and getting trampled to death by bulls. You can't expect L-vid to take the blame for all that, especially when Funkhouser was okay with the prostitute in the first place.

You don't really want to even be tangentially involved in the circumstances leading to the death of a friend's nephew. Obviously Larry wasn't the most responsible party, but he's the one who's there to blame.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 6, 2017

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

Phenotype posted:

But it was Larry's fault the kid's life got derailed, leading him to be all depressed and frustrated in the first place!

Didn't like everything this season, too many episodes where everything is fine and then Larry just decides to start bitching about something meaningless for no reason, vs. finding himself in an awkward or relatable situation. But I laughed a lot and that's good.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Season 10 confirmed!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sick! This wasn't the strongest season but I'd definitely take another one of these.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This is some pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty good news.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I may have been sort of sleepy since the show airs late at night for me, but did Wanda Sykes make an appearance this season? I don’t think I saw her. The episode where she shames Larry for behaving like a racist is one of the best of the show. I was really hoping for a reprise complete with him using Leon as his token black friend to prove he’s not racist, only for Leon to be angry at him and throw him under the bus.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

I may have been sort of sleepy since the show airs late at night for me, but did Wanda Sykes make an appearance this season? I don’t think I saw her. The episode where she shames Larry for behaving like a racist is one of the best of the show. I was really hoping for a reprise complete with him using Leon as his token black friend to prove he’s not racist, only for Leon to be angry at him and throw him under the bus.

She was referenced in the reverse Seinfeld finale episode by Krazee Eyes Killa but she wasn't actually in this season. I like that Leon and Larry get along better than Larry gets along with anyone else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is season 10 premiering next year? I forgot what this show was like without giant years long gaps between seasons.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is season 10 premiering next year? I forgot what this show was like without giant years long gaps between seasons.

sounds like it as they said they'll be filming in a few months

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"Great loving apology, you're my best loving friend" was one of the best moments of the series. Larry and Funkhauser are gold, Jerry.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing better than new Curb is new Curb that I don't have to wait half a decade for

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I didn't like him trying to take the money back from Nick Offerman. I always feel like Larry "says what everyone's thinking" (the tap water being the best example in this series) but that one he just came across like he was being a petty bellend.
And I know he is sometimes a petty bellend but that felt too much.

Something that bugged me and confused us all watching it though was when he was giving "Tickets" to the shucker. They all said tickets over and over, but it was just one seat! Is that an American thing?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Taear posted:

I didn't like him trying to take the money back from Nick Offerman. I always feel like Larry "says what everyone's thinking" (the tap water being the best example in this series) but that one he just came across like he was being a petty bellend.
And I know he is sometimes a petty bellend but that felt too much.

Something that bugged me and confused us all watching it though was when he was giving "Tickets" to the shucker. They all said tickets over and over, but it was just one seat! Is that an American thing?

Yeah everyone says they have "tickets" to stuff even if they just mean one for themselves. I don't know why.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah everyone says they have "tickets" to stuff even if they just mean one for themselves. I don't know why.

I don't think that's true. I've never heard anyone say they have tickets if they just have one for themselves. Midwest here so maybe it's regional. They either say I have a ticket or I have my ticket.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

I don't think that's true. I've never heard anyone say they have tickets if they just have one for themselves. Midwest here so maybe it's regional. They either say I have a ticket or I have my ticket.

I am also from the Midwest.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
You got some goofy friends then :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ChesterJT posted:

You got some goofy friends then :v:

Fighting words in Canada I've heard.

• Locked thread