Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wilekat posted:

Had no luck getting Curtain Call or Sins of the Past, but it turns out there's another cluster launcher in Osiris :toot:
While it will mean actually TRYING to grind tokens for once, I'll be very glad for the "Give me things I don't have yet" option supposedly upcoming. Even though I did luck out with Curtain Call as one of my few strike turn ins, I want to fill out the rest sometime rather than getting a 5th Nightshade pulse.

I'm more curious if there will also be a way to go "Give me armor pieces I'm missing" specifically. Particularly with the still limited vault space, if you can't specify then sharding weapons you don't use could mean "Give me something I don't own!" giving you back a Rattler you just sharded for the seventh time while trying to get the Io armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Mercury warlock armor is mobility... :shepicide:

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

treizebee posted:

of course it is

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow did you guys know if you double tap strafe on any bike you can dodge left and right

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I got to the Lighthouse in the first mission with instructions to take Sagira to Vance. He isn't here and there's no way out. What the gently caress do I do now?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

wow did you guys know if you double tap strafe on any bike you can dodge left and right

Double tap on a heavy pike and it launches a grenade!

Orv
May 4, 2011
She's the first female Ghost, she's the Ghost of the most powerful Guardian who has ever lived!

She's still incapable of making anything other than the most insanely obvious statements ever!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Solid snake is the most skilled sneaking mission operative in the known universe and he communicates almost entirely by repeating back words but as a question. Its a sign of true power

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

heroic strikes... aren't bad?

are these the new heroic pubs but with matchmaking?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

You can also emote after you make a big jump to get a small speed boost

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Sagira tries to get on Failsafe's level, but there's only one waifu for me :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Solid snake is the most skilled sneaking mission operative in the known universe and he communicates almost entirely by repeating back words but as a question. Its a sign of true power

A compelling argument, I'll admit.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So is the DLC any good.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yodzilla posted:

So is the DLC any good.

This is my question as well, I haven't bought the pass or the stand alone yet. Also is Hunter gear less hosed this time?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Is there a soft cap, like 265 in the base game, or can you get to 330 by doing whatever?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There's a new harpy pallette swap that makes them look like fidget spinners if that puts anyone over the edge.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

treizebee posted:

A little bit of mobility never hurt anybody.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Reduced severity of recoil on Hakke High-Impact Auto Rifles

I finally got a Halfdan a week ago and I've been playing around with it and a kinetic recoil mod. Really fun to shoot and it also has a satisfying donk-donk-donk sound while firing. This little tweak in the patch notes made this gun go from "good, but not as good as Scathelocke/Origin Story" to the automatic scout rifle that I always wanted. I did part of the Osiris story today and I was nailing Harpies and Hobgoblins and three-tapping distant Psions. It will probably the first weapon I'll make into a masterwork, depending on the perks.

Give it a try if you're using a controller, it's quite nice when paired with an Actium War Rig.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just did all 3 daily challenges on all of the base game planets to try and build up some glimmer and i spent the 15k i made repainting my ship and a couple of guns.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Peewi posted:

Is there a soft cap, like 265 in the base game, or can you get to 330 by doing whatever?

According to reddit, it's 300.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Peewi posted:

i've been getting random blue drops on the floor at 297-299 for my characters who were in the low 290's so it quickly bumped my rank up to 301, but it seems to have stalled out around there, so i'd say that's the new softcap

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edit

gently caress

beaten

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Doing it while on a pike mid-air causes you to do a barrel roll. :v:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cowcaster posted:

i just did all 3 daily challenges on all of the base game planets to try and build up some glimmer and i spent the 15k i made repainting my ship and a couple of guns.

This is my cross to bear as well. I'm constantly low on glimmer because if I ain't lookin' pretty, then what's the loving point of this dumb hell game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Coughing Hobo posted:

This is my cross to bear as well. I'm constantly low on glimmer because if I ain't lookin' pretty, then what's the loving point of this dumb hell game.

Yeah, I'm stashing a raid shader to slap on one of my vehicles (torn between my sparrow and ship) but that price tag. :pcgaming:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
These new shaders are sick

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Coughing Hobo posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I'm stashing a raid shader to slap on one of my vehicles (torn between my sparrow and ship) but that price tag. :pcgaming:

it's even more frustrating because i haven't even gotten purple mods that i like for all my equipment yet and those cost money to roll for and a hefty chunk of change to slot, i should theoretically be spending it on that instead of pretty princess dress up. theoretically.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Eej posted:

These new shaders are sick

Oh snap, I love One Must Fall :allears:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cowcaster posted:

it's even more frustrating because i haven't even gotten purple mods that i like for all my equipment yet and those cost money to roll for and a hefty chunk of change to slot, i should theoretically be spending it on that instead of pretty princess dress up. theoretically.

gently caress that I need to look pretty now bitch

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have to many shaders. It's really fun selling stacks of 50+

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I just got one of the new Osiris SMG's and it might be a competitor to Antiope.

900 RPM with slightly lower range!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treizebee posted:

It won’t because 900s suck, but there’s a new 600 rpm one called Atalanta D that will be.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

treizebee posted:

I got an Atalanta-D which has a ridiculously fat suppressor on it. It's a 600rpm Hakke energy SMG with bad stats that I fed to my Antiope.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I junked my Atalanta D like an idiot woops.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Keep your Atlanta Dilz. Great gun from what I’m reading elsewhere too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Republicans posted:

I got an Atalanta-D which has a ridiculously fat suppressor on it. It's a 600rpm Hakke energy SMG with bad stats that I fed to my Antiope.

It's good

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

Right now (at least for me) Kinetic purple mods are on the short list of "Guaranteed purchase with 5 mod materials and 10 shards" so check out the gunsmith if you've got shards to spare. I'm always running low for whatever reason. I guess I spend too much time feeding Blues to my gear and multiple guns of the same category instead of waiting for a same type purple I don't wanna keep.

Everything else has so many options to cram at least SOMETHING into a hunk of armor, or an Energy/Power weapon. No luck on recovery legs? Shove some Solar Melee into your pants in the meantime.

But I've been hanging onto a Minimum Distance I don't use too much, my very first "Came with a purple mod" kinetic, because Kinetic mods are pure strain RNJesus.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 6, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ghosts have names?

Why doesn't your Ghost have a name

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Jeza posted:

And it's loving nuts in PvP.

trace rifles are going to look good in pvp because it tracks assists as ‘eliminations’ and it’s hella easy to tag people w them

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ghosts have names?

Why doesn't your Ghost have a name

your ghost’s name is ghost iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z posted:

Right now (at least for me) Kinetic purple mods are on the short list of "Guaranteed purchase with 5 mod materials and 10 shards" so check out the gunsmith if you've got shards to spare. I'm always running low for whatever reason. I guess I spend too much time feeding Blues to my gear and multiple guns of the same category instead of waiting for a same type purple I don't wanna keep.

Everything else has so many options to cram at least SOMETHING into a hunk of armor, or an Energy/Power weapon. No luck on recovery legs? Shove some Solar Melee into your pants in the meantime.

But I've been hanging onto a Minimum Distance I don't use too much, my very first "Came with a purple mod" kinetic, because Kinetic mods are pure strain RNJesus.

is it case of "literally best" to slot resilience/mobility/recovery into armors or is it a matter of preference? with the aforementioned nezarec's void warlock running two void guns i've got void grenade and void melee cooldowns in the armor bits i've bothered to slot just to get me my various sources of devour back that much faster, but i'm sitting at 4 resilience and 9 recovery (0 mobility)

but i did take advantage of the kinetic mods at the gun shop, because i swear those things are rarer than any other loving mod in the game

• Locked thread